Regrets and Consequences

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steph nodded her head, looking a little sad.

"So, are we continuing what we've been doing with the kids, just switching to your grandmother's instead of John's."

"Yeah, for the time being. I may start looking for a place to live. It would be nice to have the kids for longer times. It may be a while before I can afford it though. The prenup set me back quite a bit in those regards."

"Well, if that's the only thing holding you back, maybe we can talk a little about me helping."

"Chris, no, I can't ask you to do that. I made my bed, and I've got to be a big girl and accept what I've done."

"Listen, it's our kids we're talking about. If I can help, I will. I know Daniel and Katlyn were a little hard on you, but I also know they both miss you. If I can help fix their relationship with you even a little, it makes things better in my household as well."

"Well, we'll see. Fortunately, I know a good realtor to help me find something."

**********

Epilogue

Chris and Steph, through their children, did remain friendly, but they were never really friends again.

Steph did find a decent four bedroom house about 6 blocks away from Chris' house. It was close enough that they could walk in decent weather, and there was no question about the kids' schools. Chris did help her with the financing as he promised. Besides, it gave him more time to develop more friendships during the weeks that Steph had the kids.

Steph, for her part, earned a reputation as an ice queen. She rarely dated, and when she did, she made sure that whoever she was with knew that her kids came first.

The biggest change came for Chris a few years later. When Libby started 2nd grade, and most of the parents went to Meet the Teacher Night at her school, Chris was captivated by his daughter's teacher, Ms. Emily Carter. Less than a week later, they ran into each other at the grocery store, and ended up talking for 20 minutes next to the bins of onions in the produce aisle. They went on their first date that weekend, and were together more and more over the next few months, getting married the next summer.

By that time, Daniel and Katelyn were both in college, but Chris somehow managed to keep blending the families. Emily was only a couple of years younger than Chris, and her first husband, Jackson, was killed in a helicopter accident while serving in the military. The couple had twin daughters that were right between the ages of Emma and Libby. It didn't surprise Chris at all that Daniel quickly volunteered his room for his new adopted sisters, Isabella and Sophia.

In the end, Chris had no regrets. His life was complicated, but ultimately, he had the unquestioned love of his children. What more did he need?