Renaissance Faire Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was so nervous, she felt like a child playing dress-up instead of the beautiful woman that she was. As she entered the family room, like the blue-dress scene with Sandra Bullock from Miss Congeniality, she bobbled on those heels, almost going down; eliciting a snicker from Isobel. Rob was still stunned by what he saw.

After recovering, she walked up to him and tentatively said, "Hi, Rob."

"Kate, my God. I'm speechless."

"I hope that's a good thing."

"I'm mean you always look nice, but it's like you've been holding back these last couple of years."

The look on her face was one of hope. "What? You think I look nice?"

"Saying you look nice right now, would be like comparing a pail of water to the ocean. You look amazing. I mean you always look nice, but tonight?... Wow, just wow. I'll have the prettiest woman in the building on my arm tonight."

She actually snorted when he said that. "Now, Rob. That's laying it on a bit thick."

"Not really. In my mind, I cannot think of anyone else I would prefer to be seen with. You're beautiful, Kate. Don't ever let anyone else tell you differently."

Both ladies were pleased with that comment. Isobel said, "Let me get a few pictures of both of you. Then you need to get moving."

With Rob's compliments, it would have been hard to wipe the smile from Kate's face. After the pictures, she was practically floating towards the door when her aunt asked, "Kate, even though I doubt you're feeling anything right now, it's a little cool. You might want your coat."

She answered dreamily, "Hmmm? Oh?" Then her brain kicked in, "Oh! Yes, please. Thank you, Aunt Isobel."

Isobel handed to Rob her own chinchilla coat she was letting Kate use for the evening and said, "Rob, will you do the honors?"

He was happy to. The smoldering look Kate gave Rob when he finished left no room for misunderstanding what she would like to have done right then, which had more to do with removing clothes, than putting them on. She kissed Rob on the cheek and said, "Thank you."

As they were walking towards the door, Isobel, once again, spoke up, "Uh-hmmm!!"

They turned to look at her with a confused look on their faces. Isobel rolled her eyes and didn't bother to explain but simply grabbed a tissue on the way and wiped the lipstick from his cheek. A moment later they were gone.

Isobel grinned to herself after they left, and hoped they would have a good night.

Upon exiting the house, Kate was surprised by the limo that Rob rented for the evening. She said, "Rob, you didn't have to do this, but I thank you."

"Tonight is all about you, Kate. Just enjoy."

She squeezed his arm and planned to do just that.

As they rode towards the theater Kate was very quiet. He asked, "Kate, are you okay? This isn't normal for you, for us."

She said nothing for a few moments and then replied, "I've been to events like this, but I've never worn anything like this before. I've never shown this much skin before. I've always been self-conscious about my weight and my freckles, and I even had a few ex-boyfriends say some not nice things about both of those upon the breakup. While I appreciate your compliments earlier, truly, I'm still a little nervous."

Rob paused before answering. He wanted to gather his thoughts for a second before just blurting something out.

"Kate, everyone has certain things that they prefer in a girlfriend or boyfriend and, eventually, mate. I think too much is placed on appearance and not enough on the person, but that isn't what we are talking about right now. I wasn't just giving you a compliment to be nice. Hell, I hope you can tell from my stunned expression when I saw you walking down the hall how genuinely I meant it.

"I want to tell you something, and I hope you will take it the right way. I've always thought Debbie was attractive, and I am attracted to her, physically. In most ways, people would think that she is a pretty woman. When she left the house tonight, she was dressed very well and will, no doubt, attract a lot of attention. However, I want you to know, and I mean this; If I would have had the opportunity before I married her to choose between asking you out or Debbie, I would choose you every single time.

"That day when I carried you to the clinic, I hated that you were hurting, but I hated even more than I only had to carry you that far. Even back then I was interested in you and thought you were already turning into a beautiful young woman. I could have carried you for hours if it meant that I could have held you."

She beamed at the memory and said, "Rob, I felt the same way. When I had my arms around your neck, and was resting against you, something just clicked. It was like my father holding me when I was little. I was so content that while you were carrying me, I didn't have a care in the world. That was the first time I remember being physically attracted to someone, and it wasn't only physical. I cared for you, and I knew you cared for me."

He replied, "I did and still do care for you. I'm sorry that some of your exes would tell you something that isn't true about your appearance. You are beautiful, Kate. Of that, I have no doubt. You take good care of yourself and I think your figure is very, very flattering. No, you'll never be a size 2, but neither will the other 98% of the female population, just like I'll never be six feet tall. You have tantalizing curves in all the right places. You have the most beautiful hair of anyone I have ever met. Your face could launch a thousand ships. Your lips were designed for kissing, and if I could, one night if I was really, really lucky, I'd take the time to kiss every single one of those freckles that are so fortunate to call your smooth, alabaster skin home.

"So please, just for tonight, though I hope longer, carry yourself as if you are the most desirable woman in the room, secure in the knowledge that there is at least one man, though likely more, that truly believes that."

Rob reached over and squeezed her hand and she returned the affection, but she didn't let go of his hand.

Several minutes later she replied, "Thank you, Rob. I'll never forget that." Using the hand that he was holding, she pulled him towards her and quickly closed the distance between their lips. Her soft lips were pressed against his in a long, closed mouth kiss. Her hand was behind his head, and she wasn't going to let go. After several long moments, she took in a deep breath and released him.

"Damn, I needed that. I'll behave the rest of the night. I promise." Then she smiled at him and said, "Or at least I promise that I will try."

She then wiped the lipstick from his lips and reapplied it to her own.

When the limo stopped in front of the theater, not much attention was paid to their car, but as Rob helped her exit the vehicle, she was positively glowing, and she glowed the rest of the night. There really was no other way to describe it.

When they entered the grand lobby of the theater, they quickly caught the attention of those who saw them. Some wondered if she was new. Those that had seen Rob over the years wondered where Debbie was. What everyone saw was a young lady in her prime, on Rob's arm, looking radiant, because for at least that moment, she believed she was beautiful.

She took his words to heart and didn't really care if anyone else thought she was beautiful. The man to whom she was so attracted thought she was beautiful, and her inner-self glowed with such joy, that it simply couldn't be contained by her smile. Her self-confidence radiated from her, and for that night, everyone who saw her would remember the curvy, but stunning, redhead who graced them with her presence that evening.

They mingled for a few minutes, speaking with a few people they knew together, and Rob introduced Kate to those that he knew, as a friend at the college working on her master's in engineering, while Debbie had to attend as part of work. Many who had heard the rumors wondered if that was true. Everyone told Kate how stunning she looked.

Fifteen minutes prior to the beginning of the program, they turned to walk up the stairs towards her uncle's box. The last couple they saw prior to ascending the stairs was Debbie and Richard. To say they were shocked would be a huge understatement, though Rob didn't know why. Debbie knew he had tickets already. Why would she think that he would just stay home, while she went out on her date? Oh well, not his problem; at least not at the moment.

Once inside the box, it seemed like the entire audience watched as Rob pulled that beautiful chinchilla coat from the shoulders of the lovely creature. It was as if they were curious what beauty they would see, and they were not disappointed. Kate continued to shine and act as if she were the star for the night, secure that she had Rob with her.

Once she was seated, Rob reached for the small case he brought and withdrew a pair of elegant, but functional, opera glasses, which in any other setting would simply be binoculars on a stick. He had purchased them just for the evening. He first looked through them across the audience and then up towards the president's box, where he saw Debbie looking back at him, unhappily. He gave his best smirk and ignored her the rest of the night. After handing the glasses to Kate, he scooched in close to her and spent time pointing out various features of the theater that he had visited so many times.

He told her, "This theater was designed after the Regio Theater in Turin, Italy, which is their opera house. Ours is slightly smaller and seats 2000; 1800 on the amphitheater floor and another 200 in the 40 boxes that ring the hall. The grand chandelier was imported from Poland and the smaller chandeliers were imported from France, via Argentina, where they were found a couple of decades after World War II. It is a very nice theater for a college this size. It's not the biggest or the best, but it is very nice for the Unionville area."

It was a very elegant theater. It stuck with the traditional opera house and theater colors of red for the curtains and seating. There was a lot of carved wood on the walls and railings with elegant gold painted inlays. The university and its donors did very well to build something so nice.

Rob had also brushed up on his knowledge of Tosca over the last several weeks. He poured over reviews from past performances across the globe and studied the history of this opera and its meaning. He had planned to do this anyway for Debbie, but with Kate accompanying him, he wanted to be especially prepared should she have any questions, which she did.

They thoroughly enjoyed the first act and during the intermission Rob and Kate went to get a few drinks and those wonderfully spiced almonds that the theater served in the concession area on the mezzanine floor, which was the same floor as their box seats. Ann saw them, and she walked over and embraced Rob as if her were her own son.

Ann said, "I've missed you, Rob."

He replied, "I've missed you, too. Miss Ann. I'd like to introduce to you Kate McVicar."

Ann lit up at hearing the name. She said, "So you are the McVicars' niece! I've always wanted to meet you. Rob's mother thought very highly of you and said you were a sweet girl. Though clearly not a girl any longer, but a beautiful woman."

Kate just smiled at the compliment.

Ann said, "Rob, come see me some time; bring Kate too, please. Don't be a stranger." She gave Kate a hug, which allowed her to whisper in Kate's ear, "be patient young lady, and one day he might be yours."

Kate's smile maxed out at hearing that, and she returned the hug, saying, "I'd like that."

Before Ann could move on, the president's wife saw Rob and Kate, and she made a beeline over to them.

She began by saying, "I simply had to tell you how lovely you look tonight, young lady. Debbie spotted you across the theater, and when the rest of us saw you, we all thought that you look simply marvelous."

Rob said, "Mrs. Finebaum, we've not met, but this is Kate McVicar, Dean McVicar's niece. I'm Rob Johnson, and since you, your husband and Richard are accompanying my wife, Debbie, the dean thought it might be a good idea for a taken man to look after his niece."

"It's a pleasure to meet both of you, and please call me Jane. I can certainly understand the need for her to be accompanied, because I'm afraid if Kate were to wander these aisles alone, the wolves would descend upon her. Good for you."

Rob then introduced Ann to Jane. "Jane, this is Ann Greer. She's president of the ladies' auxiliary here in Unionville and has been coordinating various charities at the Renaissance Faire for the last ten years."

Ann knew who Jane was and was very proper, but cool, towards her.

Jane said, "Ann, I'd like to apologize for my husband's actions. I know what he is imposing will have a negative impact on the charities that participate in the fair. I've argued with him about this, but he cannot be swayed. I'm sorry for that. Since becoming president here, I believe he suffers from megalomania. You need a certain self-confidence to be a university president, but he blew right past confidence and arrogance a long time ago. You should see the bimbo he hired as his assistant. I'm pretty sure the only way her IQ could hit 100 is if you added her chest measurements. As you can imagine, I am NOT very happy with him right now."

Ann replied, "Thank you for sharing that with me. The man that I was told that was hired, does not match the man that I've seen in the role. You seem so different from him. How did you meet?"

"I was also a provost, but at a small university in the northeast about thirty miles from his. We attended the same conference several years ago and hit it off. I was widowed and he was divorced, and we each understood the pressures of university life. That was our start. I thought things were good until we moved here. I was so looking forward to the move because I grew up in the hill country near Austin, so this was almost like coming home. Unfortunately, it hasn't turned out like I hoped."

Ann said, "Well, you and I need to have lunch next week. We have things to discuss."

Jane replied, "I'd like that."

Kate asked, "Jane, have you enjoyed the opera so far."

"Yes, very much so," said Jane. "Except I cannot get Richard to be quiet. He has been an insufferable blowhard."

Kate said, "Rob has been so helpful when I had questions. This is my first opera, and I'm really enjoying it."

Jane replied, "Well, maybe I should join the two of you. I wish he would simply shut up and just let me enjoy the performance."

When she smiled, the other three laughed at that.

Rob said, well, we have two extra seats. I know both of you are entertaining, but you are welcome to join us."

Jane said, "Did you say we have your wife for the evening? I wasn't aware Debbie was married. It will be interesting to discover if my husband knows that as well."

Rob replied, "Well, I hate that she has put you in an awkward position. I know that most people in this town will frown upon that." Rob looked at Ann and asked, "What was that word that was used the other day?"

Ann said with a little too much enthusiasm, 'Unseemly."

Ann smiled at Rob. That was a well-placed dig at the other three people in the box with Jane for the evening.

Jane said, "Yes. Well. I do believe that is the correct word choice, and I'll have a few choice words for Aaron later. Ann it was a pleasure to meet you, and I look forward to our lunch. I must mingle. It's one of my duties, you know. Rob, Kate, I'm very pleased to have met you, and you look absolutely lovely, again. I hope the three of you enjoy the rest of the program."

"Thank you," they said in unison.

Rob and Kate wished Ann a good evening.

Kate continued to glow through the compliments, and as they returned to their box, she said to Rob, "I would pay good money to be a fly on the wall in the president's box the rest of the night."

Rob replied, "Actually, you couldn't pay me enough. I'm enjoying my night with you and couldn't care less how theirs is going." In response to the comment, Kate put her arm through Rob's and continued to shine.

They didn't see Richard or Debbie.

During the second and final intermission, Kate said, "I need to run to the ladies' room. I'll be right back."

When she returned, she said, "Well, that was interesting."

"How so?"

"It seems your wife was looking for me, found me, and told me in no uncertain terms that you are a taken man and that I need to keep my hands off of you."

What Kate didn't tell him was that instead of one of Debbie's sympathy looks that she was used to receiving, in the ladies' room, the look she saw on Debbie's face was jealousy. It was the first time Kate ever saw Debbie concerned regarding her interactions with Rob, and it delighted Kate to no end; not only because it was a tremendous ego boost to herself, but to throw some of that hurt back at Debbie was very satisfying.

Rob let out a hearty laugh at her comment. He looked at Kate and said, "What a hypocrite. I've been very careful not to look that way since we first sat down; primarily because I've preferred to look at you, but also not to give her the satisfaction. Would you mind doing me a small favor."

"Sure."

"Take our glasses and look at her to see if she is watching. If she is, lean over and plant a lip print on my cheek. I'll leave it there until time to leave."

The simper she gave him should have curled his toes, not only because she was more than willing to give him more than a kiss on the cheek, but because she was happy and enjoying herself with him. While he pretended to look at his program, she took the glasses from him and sure enough, Debbie was unhappily watching, scowling. Without using her hands, Kate blew a kiss to Debbie, and then turned to Rob and rubbed her hands all over his chest and abdomen for several seconds while her recently freshened, lipstick covered lips were firmly planted on his cheek.

When she finished, she asked, "How was that?"

"Wow. That was fantastic. I'd ask you for another one, but I'm already hard from that and you would probably give me an orgasm if you did that again."

Close enough that her breath was tickling his ear, she said, "Damn. If this box had curtains, you'd be in serious trouble right now, mister. Because you better damn well believe that I would give you one."

"You'd be in trouble, too. I'm going to have a hard-on the rest of the evening."

She smiled at that thought and said, "well, I would be happy to take care of that for you now, but somehow I don't think my uncle, nor the other 2000, or so, people here would appreciate it."

As the lights were flashing to alert everyone to the start of the third and final act, Jane knocked on their box. She asked, "Would I be imposing if I sat with the two of you during this act. The fool simply won't shut up. I thought Aaron liked to hear himself talk, but Richard seems driven by the sound of his own voice."

Kate said, "We'd love for you to join us." Jane didn't miss the VERY visible lip print on Rob's cheek and smiled at the taunt of his wife.

It was an amazing third act. The performers received copious, well-deserved ovations, and having thoroughly enjoyed themselves, finally, it was time for Rob and Kate to go.

Jane thanked them again for their hospitality and bid them good night. On their way out, they bumped into Unionville's chief of police, Chief Davis and his wife, Karen. Introductions were made and the chief said, "Rob, I appreciate the deal we made on those tickets. My wife and I really enjoyed the performance and the seats."

"It was my pleasure, Chief. As you know, Debbie was occupied, and this gorgeous woman asked me to share her uncle's box, I'd say we both did well this evening."