Renewal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The movement was familiar to me. There was no shame in pleasuring myself. It felt as natural as stalking my prey. My hand glided across my cock and pulled the foreskin up and over the sensitive head. Sweat started to form on my muscular body and made my hair glisten. There was nothing that could stop my pleasure.

I expected no interruptions. Our clan leader was out on an expedition and kept the son in charge in the meantime. My left hand went down between my legs to roll my generously sized balls around. I always had sensitive balls and the movement forced a sigh from my lips.

"I see you are enjoying yourself..."

The voice was a deep baritone and it demanded my attention. My eyes flicked to the entrance of my tent and fell upon the intruder. Although I was naked, he wore ceremonial garb. His loincloth had the emblem of our clan printed on the center in careful detail and he had an ornate sword stored in its scabbard. It rested on the right side of his hip.

I took my hand off my cock. "I see the chief-in-training has decided to grace a humble, resting hunter with his presence."

He smiled.

"Your humor always lightens my mood, Willith."

I ignored the statement.

His eyes glanced over to the side. My mud-soaked loincloth and boots were flanked by two small leather satchels. The smile he had was replaced with a frown far more serious. "You collected the winter berries from the mountains, yes?"

"Of course."

"Good. You will be compensated fairly, of course."

He glanced down towards the middle of the furs I was under. The chief's son paused for a moment as if thinking over something. Before he could open his mouth to say something, I interrupted him.

"Will your father need more medicine?"

He knew exactly what I was asking and the awkward look I received in return told me I should have been more careful with my words. It provided a clear reason as to why I would never be good as a diplomat.

"Straight to the point, hmm?"

There was a tinge of bitterness to his voice but I could tell he was being playful....in his own way.

"I apologize, Halcyon."

He shook his head. "It..it is fine. The Gods take what they create. We should all be reminded of this from time to time."

Halcyon gave a weary smile. "You should know that the berries you collect are sustaining him. Knin has provided a blessing to us."

"It is strange that the dead God of Revelry even told the head Whisperer where to find the boon," I replied and placed my left hand on my cheek to idly look at Halcyon. He had grown so much since before. His arms were built and his legs were full due to the strife of life. He had a gaze that was full of wisdom even with his young age. He had appeared as if he had lived 1000 lives. Our shamans were hard at work and instilled good virtues, it seemed. A natural birthmark started from his ankle and cut up along his thigh and stopped at his hips. It wound on and on. It was persistent...much like him.

"Knin lives on, Willith. I promise you that."

There was a pause between us. The audible sigh I gave made Halcyon wince.

"You know that only cults worship him now, Halcyon."

His sour expression told me I had struck a nerve. He crossed his arms.

I want you to worship who you please, but..." I began, but was cut short.

Halcyon raised his hand. " We had this talk before. I do not want to hear it again."

I paused, embarrassment flooding my face. There was an awkwardness between us. He was right in saying I should not have brought it up. The firmness to his voice told me his disappointment

"I'm sorry Halcyon. I should have known better."

Halcyon shrugged. "It is fine. I am in the minority, it is true.

I decided to change the subject. "So, does this mean that tribulation to Knin is in order?"

"Yes," Halcyon smiled and his bubbly energy came back. He always did enjoy the celebrations for Knin. Especially since they involved some form of debauchery. I certainly did not mind the rituals. Usually it ended with one of us naked and vulnerable.

"Knin had always enjoyed our celebrations. If the chief celebrates, then Knin has a direct connection to the energy. Much as the Raven receives direct tribute from your hunts."

I gave a hum of acknowledgement.

Halcyon stepped forward and kneeled by me. Reaching forward, he stroked across my cheek and I gave a soft sigh. I could see the hungry look in his eyes. I could also feel the hand that wasn't on my cheek beginning to make its way ever lower.

"Halcyon..."

He smiled as if predicting the tone that would come next. "Yes?"

"You should rest. You have a rough day tomorrow. You have a speech to prepare and..."

He placed a finger to my lips. "We must celebrate. Knin would demand it as tribute."

I knew he was lying. Knin is not concerned with people like us. Since we were not a Whisperer, we never would be of concern to the Gods. The scoff that came from my mouth made Halcyon pause.

"Hmm?"

"Halcyon does not indulge himself with plights like ours..."

Halcyon clicked his tongue. "You'd be surprised what he can get up to."

I could tell he was planning something. He was always scheming and plotting his next move carefully. If I knew any better, he had the spirit of Knin in him more than anyone. There were also his...visions. He always had some sort of clairvoyance about things like he could predict what was going to happen next.

"Something wrong?" Halcyon said as his fingers trailed through my hair.

"It is...nothing, my love," I assured. But there was something bothering me. The fact that the Gods did not care was the most frightening thing at all. The fact that Halcyon's father, our clan's leader, was moments away from meeting death and the Gods did nothing was concerning. Halcyon's calm, gentle fortitude had always been my reassurance and I searched his eyes for any signs that the Gods would help.

His resolve was unmoved. His innocent left hand moved. It left its perch from my cheek and down my neck towards my pecs. My breath hitched when his fingers circled around my nipple like predators dancing around helpless prey. When they pinched, I shivered and opened my mouth in a needful sigh.

"There is no need to worry. Do not let my father's health concern you. Continue to look for the berries and Knin will provide. The Whisperer's promised."

I looked at my companion with skepticism.

"You have been talking with the Whisperers? I thought only your father could do that..."

"Well, when the chief is away..."

I frowned.

"Come, Willith. No need to act so sour."

"You need to understand what you are getting into by talking to the Whisperers. You know they communicate with the Gods. Shamans are nothing like them and they can be dangerous..."

Halcyon leaped forward and kissed me on the lips. The move was enough to distract me...as always.

"You worry so much. I think you should be in my position. The clan would benefit from your caution," Halcyon said with a chuckle.

I frowned. "You can't do that every time..."

He brought his hands up to my shoulders and gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"You have to trust me. In the spring, you'll get your answer."

"My answer?" I said with a pinch too much of skepticism

He gave me a look and then he frowned.

"I promise," Halcyon swore and stroked the crook of my neck with his right thumb.

I frowned. "You cannot just tell me?"

"The Gods have laid out your path. If I have you deviate from it, then what the Whisperers have predicted could go astray."

He looked me over carefully. If it was from a stranger, I would have felt like I was being interrogated. This was my lover, though. Someone who had seen me naked and who had comforted me in my lowest times. What more could I say?

Then his finger touched the ground below. He started to draw into the dirt. His fingers

"Halcyon..."

This time, I placed my hand on his cheek. "Of course I trust you. The Gods have put us together. They cannot separate us without having to work for it."

"That's my hunter," he grinned and dived in for another kiss.

Our love was passionate that night. He crawled underneath the furs and warmed me more than any fire could. My soul was filled by him and my resolve strengthened. He was my armor and my sword and that night, I swore I would defend him. If I died out doing my duty, then my spirit would fight alongside him. Not even one lifetime would satisfy me.

Arms entwined, we laid underneath the furs with his head resting on my chest and our spent members pressed between our bodies. We were a mess but it did not matter. In the morning, we would bathe with one another. If the Whisperers had plans for me, I would face them with a clear head when the time came. When the trees bloomed and bees roamed, I knew that I would face my destiny.

What I did not know at the time was how fast it flew between one point and another. Winter quickly flew into spring and each time I was out hunting, I would look for signs of the Gods. I almost became paranoid but Halcyon was always in my mind. When I came back home, I knew he would be there waiting for me.

—§—

I blinked and the memory faded. I stared up at the shaman above me who held my cock in his hands and I gritted my teeth. He would not take what was rightfully Halcyon's. I was his and he was mine. Shame filled my body and I looked away. How could I be such a dim-witted hunter?

"L-let me go...please..."

The Shaman looked over me.

"This is your destiny..."

I struggled against the binds. My arms flexed and I could feel my skin beginning to tear. My body pushed against the binds and I could not remember why I was tied in the first place. I struggled and pulled at the ropes.

"N-no!"

My wrists were starting to bleed. I continued to struggle. The lead shaman was stunned when one of the ropes snapped and with a snarl, I grabbed the other rope. But before I could pull it free, the head shaman was upon me. He held me down and there was something in his eyes that powered me on; fear.

"Stop!" He yelled out into the forest. The two assistants near jumped to me and held me down. I knew that this would be the end. Any second, I would feel the icy plunge of a dagger stabbing its way through my heart but it did not come. Instead, a different dagger hit my heart...

"Willith, stop!"

The man behind the mask...he knew my name. Suddenly, the familiarity I felt before started to eat at the back of my mind.

My heart leaped and yet my stomach churned. Was this a trick? It had to be some form of magic. I tried to rip free and fought like a wounded animal. The shaman grabbed my wrist and I suddenly felt a cool sensation begin to flow through me. There was an eerie green light in my periphery and a sense of calm washed over me. What kind of magic was this? I could see the places that the lacerations cut through beginning to weave together as if moved by string but I felt no pain.

The soothing coolness then moved to my other wrist and I could feel it wash over me like a wave delivered straight from the ocean. After a few moments, the cuts were healed and the weight from everyone laying on me paused.

The leader pulled off their mask and Halcyon stood before me. Betrayal set in, my mind reeling in shock from it. I could not believe that the person was my lover but instead was something far more cunning. It felt like I took a shot of poison and washed it down with vinegar after.

"You snake!"

The two at Halcyon's side recoiled backwards. The one with black hair leaped forward but Halcyon brought his arm out to hold him back. I did not know his intentions and winced as he reached towards me. Luckily, he deflated when Halcyon held him back.

"Willith, that is en-"

"What did you do to me? What is this!?"

"WILLITH!"

The voice was other-worldly. It punctured through my skull and rattled my brain. I recoiled and tried to bring my wrists in but they were tied to the slab of rock. What was going to happen? Most importantly, what was going on?

There was a silence that threatened to cut through the forest. I had a thousand questions. Why didn't Halcyon tell me? Tears filled my eyes, bitter and hot. I had enough of this...

"Please...calm yourself."

"You didn't tell me anything," I whispered in anger. "What is this?"

"This is your awakening..."

"M-my..."

He smiled reassuringly and moved closer. I could not back away. His footsteps were careful and calculating. He always was but I had never thought I would be on this side of them. The assistants were on either side of me, making sure I was calm.

"I am Knin, Willith. The man you loved and took care of..."

This was getting ridiculous.

"What?"

"I am Knin, my love."

I laughed. My cackle ran throughout the forest and echoed in the trees. He did not seem to share my sense of humor.

"What do you mean you are Knin? Halcyon, I tried to be reasonable about your...beliefs but has your dying father really driven you mad?"

He stepped back as if I had spat fire at him. "Willith, I know you are confused and angry but...you have to trust me."

"You told me NOTHING, Halcyon..."

Halcyon stepped forward again. His persistence about this was irritating. The lie needed to end here. This time, there was more attentivity to his footfalls. "My father is not my real father. He found me dying in a field. My followers had abandoned me. I..."

He paused and bit his lip. He was holding back tears. Whatever heckling I had planned, I bit my tongue. I had hardly ever seen him cry. I remembered him being so strong and now...

The robes he wore and the mask he clutched onto looked almost like toys in a sad child's hands. I had never seen him this way. He was always so proud of us; proud of our tribe and what we had done.

What we had done together.

Now he looked small and pathetic. Confused and alone. It was a strange feeling; the best way to describe it was bizarre. He had followers? Of course he did. We were his followers. I was his follower. Each of us played a part to add to his grand vision. Our tribe wanted him to succeed but to see him working with Tarvent was baffling. Did he give up the tribe he had worked alongside of? That he bled alongside of?

"Why, Halcyon..."

His eyes looked at me as if he was pleading for me to show something besides anger. He walked forward and kneeled at the altar before me. He grabbed the ropes tying me and started to untangle them.

I could only watch. My mouth was closed in silence. Fresh tears streamed down his cheeks and I could not look at him. Shame boiled inside of me that I could even fall for someone like him. The warmth of the stone could not burn the ice that formed around my soul.

I repeated my previous question.

"Why, Halcyon?"

He gathered himself and stood up. It was clear he was not going to hurt me but I needed answers. I had to know why.

"I had been preparing tribes for this day. The tribes around you...these wars and squabbles that came up were not my intention. There were the other Gods mingling in my affairs."

He walked forward and I gripped the stone below my hands. When I gave no intention of stopping him, he continued.

"You must understand, I never intended for any of this to happen but you are my companion, Willith. I want you to join me..."

"I-...what?"

My brain was reeling. I tried to process what he was saying but I could not comprehend. How could he create tribes? What kind of energy did Halcyon have? It was impossible for me to truly gather an understanding of what he was trying to communicate to me but the fact that he was no longer crying told me he was going to keep trying to convince me.

"How long have you been alive, Halcyon? What do you mean by wars?"

Knin's lips trembled. "I have been alive for millions of years. Believers in me strengthen my powers. They keep me alive."

The two assistants in the background looked so pathetic as he explained. They were quiet and shuffling awkwardly. It was like I deflated their entire performance like I stood up in the middle of a play and shouted at the top of my lungs for the performance to stop.

"You...why tie me up then? Why lie to me about what you are?" I asked. I decided to play along. If my lover was plagued with madness, then I could pull him back down to Earth. My wrists were sore but they would heal.

I reached down to grope across where the lacerations were. No scaring or cuts. No blood. It was all still healed. There were no tricks; it was a magic I was unfamiliar with. Even our shamans could not heal such wounds.

"Would you truly believe I was a God? Especially if I was the God you did not take seriously?" Halcyon said with an air of impatience to his voice. "That my power was fading and I was going to disappear into the sands of time?"

Fair point.

I looked him over. He did not look like any God to me. The pattern on my chest, with the mixture of bull horns up to my pecs and the face down on my abs was Knin's ancient symbol. I trusted my love but I needed to know more. This could be some sort of disease. I have heard even the strongest of warriors fall prey to sickness. People have always gone to more extreme lengths when their minds are lost...much like his father.

I sat up on the altar and looked at my wrists. I examined the skin for any signs of trickery for whatever he used to heal me and I found nothing. Not even my trained eye could spot any foul play.

A hand enveloped mine and I looked up to see Halcyon standing above me.

"I'm...sorry."

"Wow, that seemed hard for you to say," I shot back with a glare.

"Listen, it is complicated..."

My glare intensified. "Give me a chance."

Halcyon sat down on the altar next to me. He gave one long, continuous sigh that seemed to last forever. Whatever spirit was inside of him, I could feel it quaking. He grabbed my hand and squeezed. I did not fight it. Even though he had tricked me, I told him that I trusted him. I had to at least listen to what he had to say.

The acolytes from before shuffled to each side of the altar but gave us space that we needed. Halcyon made sure that his eyes were locked on me. That intense gaze was only used during his diplomatic speeches and I had hoped he was not trying to put his charms on me. I did not want to be led; I wanted to cooperate.

"Long ago, thousands of years ago to be precise, I ruled this forest with five tribes. At the height of my power, I ruled."

He took a breath. It was labored and difficult. I realized that he was trying to remember back. "I received offerings from each of the tribes. Tarvent in the North provided the most beautiful carvings...and gold." He picked up one of the goblets on the ground and examined it.

I knew of Tarvent, of course. Chiefs that came before Halcyon's father would fight over the mines that Tarvent controlled. Sometimes going as far as sending troops in. This was always done with the Whisperers nearby.

"Then there was Otto. Your eastern neighbors. Their pelts were the soft in all the land and their weaves were exquisite. They would dress themselves in honor of me and sing their praises..."

He placed the gold goblet down. "The neighbors to your south were the strongest of all; the Tumurian. Their chisels could carve out the hardest of stone and set the most obstinate marble straight. The weapons they created were like no other. If only they were still used for hunting creatures rather than humans..."

The pelts that I laid in were of Otto variety. The furs that I wrapped myself in when going through the mountains were also Otto too. They were warm but had a mysticism to how they were weaved and created. The tribe guarded that secret closely and they were our closest allies because of that. However, they were everyone's closest ally.