Reservoir of Power Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lena and Lochlainn were well aware of the value of what they had destroyed and they hoped that the wolves could show some understanding for their situation. They shouldn't have worried though; Ja-mul had already explained to the wolves that two mated werebears would be climbing out of the rubble, and that for the first time in history, these monsters would have human intelligence to go along with their Power. The bears didn't know it at the time, but the wolves were much more afraid of the bears than they were of the wolves.

After giving his mate a lengthy kiss, Lochlainn began clearing the blocked exit while Lena stood behind him. Easily tossing the logs and boulders aside; he made a mockery of the wolves' barricade, he was so much stronger than wolves were. He hadn't been working long when he'd soon punched his way through to daylight.

Momentarily grinning when he considered that he'd spent so much time to make himself presentable to the wolves, and now... he was going to be more than a little dusty. He was fine with this however; the important thing was that he had managed to keep his mate perfectly clean; she was everything to him.

As he stepped into the sunshine, he was unsurprised to see more than a dozen wolves staring back at him, and he was reasonably certain many more were on their way. "Sorry about your bar, Alpha Will," he said sadly. "You know that we couldn't help it and we'll do our best to replace everything that we broke."

William stood there, hand in hand with Florence and with a smile upon his face. Lucky was surprised to see that neither of the Alpha wolves looked to be upset. Confused by their expressions, he wasn't quite sure what to say next. He'd been prepared for the wolves to be extremely pissed-off and the look of amusement in their eyes had left him completely lost.

As the silence began to become painful, Lena broke in, looking to Florence and hazarding, "Yes, it was worth it, and if you'd been me, you would have done the same!"

Florence burst into laughter at Lena's words and replied, "C'mon Lena, let's go get you a hot shower while these dim-wits negotiate their boy stuff. I think this is the part where they compare their penises and then lie about how good they were."

As the two women flounced off, Lochlainn looked down at William and asked, "What the Hell was that?"

"That's your future, you poor bastard," Will replied with a sardonic look upon his face. "You and I have already been outvoted. Those two have decided that they are going to be friends whether we like it or not, so you and I are stuck abiding by their decisions. I do believe that now we are going to be family now... or blood-brothers... or something."

Then William stepped around Lochlainn and took a quick look inside of what was left of his bar. He whistled and said, "There's nothing left. I mean... nothing."

"If it only took two bears to take it out, we needed a new one anyway," Ja-mul offered with a helpful smile.

"Umm... I'm sorry?" Lochlainn mumbled.

"No need being sorry; I think the Alpha has an offer for you," Ja-mul replied with an evil grin.

"Yes," William began. "I think that you are going to like this."

Lochlainn looked at the Alpha wolf, and then glanced at the sneaky shaman and mumbled, "Oh Artio, what are you doing to me now?"

William smiled reassuringly and said, "Come with us, we're heading down to roadhouse so we can discuss this. I ordered it closed today so that we could have a few beers and talk over our situation without any humans around."

"Hey," snapped Ja-mul, "Did you forget about me? I'm human."

"Like Hell he is," Sam whispered to Tom.

Overhearing his Beta, William dithered a bit. "Okay, one very ugly and annoying human will accompany us while we drink."

While this was taking place, the girls had made it to Florence's bedroom and Lena had just finished her shower. As she stepped out of the bathroom naked, she was still in the process of wrapping her hair in a new towel when she said, "Okay, I'm ready to hear this. What are they forcing Lochlainn to do?"

"Not so much 'force' as 'offer'," Florence deflected. "You guys will like this. Your man is going to be our new bartender, well... once we've rebuilt the Shunkaha. William will offer him at least triple whatever salary that he is making now, but if you need more money than that, just let me know. I'm the one who writes the checks anyway; Will hasn't really got a clue how much money we have."

"A job? We absolutely destroyed your bar and you aren't mad, instead you are going to give us a job?"

"Yeah, I heard that you two destroyed the prize barrel so we won't be able to draw for an hourly bartender anymore anyway. But then again, we've never had an opportunity to hire anyone before today, much less get our hands on a pair of werebears. Hell, even a drunk wolf won't be stupid enough to mouth off to your mate. By now, all of our warriors have seen what you did to their bar. Lochlainn will be perfect for us, and let's be honest... now that the humans know that we exist, we'd better work together."

"But some of the stuff you had in there was hundreds of years old," Lena said slowly.

"Grandfather led you in there on purpose, so that we could contain the damage; we didn't want any one to get hurt when you mated. If you need to blame anyone, you can blame Ja-mul- everyone else does. But never mind about that right now. I'm dying for you to tell me something much more important... How was Lucky? Was he good? Did he make you forget your own name? C'mon... spill!"

Meanwhile down at the roadhouse... Will and Lochlainn shook hands to seal their verbal agreement.

~~~

And they shook hands again a couple months later when the Shunkaha was ready to reopen.

"Told you that no one built as quickly as we wolves do; so, you owe me an extra month of work."

"Shut the fuck up, Will. I never doubted that we'd get this open; I only made that bet with you to make sure that you delivered what you promised," Lucky snapped back. "And as far as the bet goes, you are paying off on that bet. Our bet was that the Shunkaha would be 'finished' on time. Thus far, you've only gotten it 'open'. Ja-mul has already agreed to my interpretation of this clause. The tunnels back into the mountain are not even dug yet, much less the bunker in the old mine; it'll take you months to finish those."

Will frowned as Lucky continued, "Sure, the party will be wild tonight, and the girls will be proud to entertain here after their match is over, but I won that bet fair and square."

Will glanced over at Tristan, but that only caused him to groan as the younger Beta wolf nodded his agreement with what Lochlainn had said about Ja-mul's ruling.

Lochlainn continued..."But that isn't why I'm pissed off, and you know it. I haven't seen Lena since she left for Kalispell over a month ago."

"Don't blame me cousin," Will replied defensively. "I'm not the one who fucked up our old bar."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Lochlainn growled, "but if don't see her soon, I will destroy this bar too!"

"Quit your bitching bear, we're riding up to Grant's Pass as soon as we are done here. We won't miss a minute of their match. You'll get your kiss."

"Yeah, yeah I know, but I'm just nervous because this will be her last official match with the Kalispell girls. I still don't how that's gonna go. Emotions will be sky high for this match, and your bitches are crazy on their best day!"

"I'm hopin' there's gonna be a fight!" William said with a huge grin.

"Yeah, me too," Lucky grinned back after a moment. "I want to see who Lena protects, her old friends or her new cousins."

"Would I be wrong to root for accidental nudity?"

"Not a damned bit!" Lucky replied laughing along with his cousin.

"But those two are your mates..." Tristan stiffly interjected, clearly not understanding his Alpha's amusement.

"Thank the Goddess," both men shot back in unison with evil smiles upon their faces.

Tristan shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't understand why these two powerful men were so cavalier about allowing other men to ogle their wives.

Taking pity on his overly officious Beta, William did his best to explain. "Look Tristan... the skating, the fights, it's just a fantasy. The girls get to strut for the crowd, talk trash to the other team, and do all of this while they beat the Hell out of one another..."

"...and then they come home horny," Lochlainn finished for William. "It's like sending them off to throw money at those Australian stripper guys, except this way..."

"We don't have to kill anyone." The Alpha growled.

"...and they come home horny. Did I mention that?" Lucky repeated with a straight face.

Tristan just rolled his eyes; he wasn't worried about the bear, but he'd never understood why his Alpha had such an easy-going nature. Tristan firmly believed that an Alpha should be as officious and respectful as he was strong. He just didn't understand how William managed to get anything done, while laughing his way through his responsibilities. It drove his Beta insane, but he had to admit, Alpha John Billington had been even worse. Tristan was missing something; he knew that much and whatever it was; he resolved to figure it out someday.

Both William and Lucky saw these thoughts flash across Tristan's face and both were quietly amused by Tristan. Neither said a word, but both of them agreed that Tristan might make a better bear than he did a wolf; but then again, he was the perfect Beta. He always worked his ass off doing whatever Will ordered him to do and he was tough enough to put the fear of Artio into the rest of the warriors.

William wished (for the hundredth time) that he was able to send to Lucky like he could to the rest of his pack, but despite the fact that the bear was essentially part of his pack now, the two species were not mentally compatible. He had to verbalize things, so instead of sending his laughter to Lucky, he said, "Tristan, are the bikes ready?"

"Yes Alpha," was the immediate response. William had known that it would be.

William grinned at Lucky and then he let out a war-howl that shook the very rafters. Lochlainn grinned back at his cousin before returning it with gusto. The roar of a grizzly was even more deafening than a wolf and just outside of Will's office, Sam shuddered deeply. He was pretty sure that he was never going to be comfortable with having a bear so close to the pack.

Tom just laughed at his blood brother and said, "...and just who is gonna try to fight with that when it tosses them out of the bar?"

Sam's response, whatever it may have been, was lost in the tumult caused when the Alpha and the Viking came storming out of the office and into the parking lot where the warriors had been waiting less than patiently upon their hogs. Every single warrior there was dressed in retro fifties gear and the emerald green colors of the Whiskey Lake In-Heat.

Parked in the very center of the warriors' bikes was the pack's newest ride, Lochlainn's 1923 Indian with attached side-car. Alpha Billington had it shipped to him as a signing bonus when Lochlainn agreed to work with the pack. William had seen it and immediately known that buying this bike meant that Lena would want one for herself eventually, but he figured that this was Lochlainn's problem. It wasn't the wolves' fault that Lucky's mate was too big to ride bitch.

~~~

Hours later, the match was read to begin. The Kalispell team had already been introduced to the booing crowd, and Mother Mary and her Misfits currently were pretending to be bored as the home-team was being introduced.

They'd known that they'd be skating against a were-team, but they also knew that werewolf teams were limited to human strength and speed while they were on the track, so they weren't worried about competitive balance. The real reason that they had to feign boredom was because this was a challenge match and they'd be skating against their old friend Lena.

Ylva had been told to warn everyone that they wouldn't want to miss the Whiskey Lake team's introduction, although she hadn't been told exactly why. Lena had made Ylva promise to get video of Lucky's face when Lena skated out of the tunnel, so several cameras were focused on the Viking as he prepared to launch into his pregame spiel.

Ylva had known that he'd be an easy target; as usual, he'd be doing the pre-game announcements and he'd be surrounded with lights. Lucky had already started the In-Heat's pre-game music and Drowning Pool began to whisper, "let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the ..." but after the shrieking singer sang out the word 'FLOOR' for the last time, Lochlainn took over, his voice roaring out...

Ladies and Gentlemen whether you are human, werewolf, or even from the People... Welcome to the opening match of our 2018 Pacific invitational. Tonight's home team, from Whiskey Lake California, the toughest bitches from west of the Mississippi, Innnnnnn-Heat!

The crowd exploded into cheers. Unfortunately for the Kalispell girls, almost the entire crowd was comprised of werewolves- Horny werewolves. Loud, horny werewolves that were screaming for blood... and their mates... and possibly for alcohol and sex as well, the Montana girls weren't too sure.

"Holy shit Ylva, are you sure about this?" Sioux asked nervously.

"Keep it together ladies," Mary growled at her team. These idiots are no worse than your husbands, so quit paying attention to the crowd and focus on the team that is coming out of the tunnel. As long as these wolf bitches are on this track, they are as human as we are. We've got this!"

As the howling slowly faded away, Lochlainn queued up what he thought would be Lena's music. It wasn't, but he hadn't noticed this yet.

He thundered, "Tonight's starting line-up for the home squad. She'll only be skating with us for the first half, but at blocker, assistant-head coach, and captain, Ur-su-laaaa Ma-jorrrr."

But that's when he realized that he had a problem; Lena's regular intro music wasn't playing over the loudspeakers. Instead there had been a change; somehow he'd been duped into playing Theory of a Deadman's song, 'Bad Girlfriend' for his mate's introduction. Lena had selected this song with great care, and Joseph, the pack's resident geek had been overjoyed to help her scam the new bartender.

She had timed her exit from the tunnel to coincide with the chorus...

She likes to shake her ass; she grinds it to the beat,

She likes to pull my hair, when I make her grind her teeth...

And singing along, Lena skated out onto the track. Her number had been air-brushed on to her arm with green paint. The infinity symbol had to be on her upper arm for there was no place for it on her so-called 'uniform'. She'd finally worn her lingerie for her conquering warrior.

With sparkling green-spangled skates that covered more square inches than the rest of her uniform combined, Lochlainn saw the emerald mesh stockings and push-up bustier set that she was wearing and quite literally dropped the microphone.

I like to strip her down

She's naughty to the end

You know what she is

No doubt about it...

She's a bad girlfriend!

Lena didn't miss the awestruck look on her mate's face and she instantly understood the power that she had over him. She flipped her newly-tied braids over her shoulder, their green silk ribbons waving in the breeze behind her as she let out a rink-shaking roar. The concussive shock rolled over the other women in the audience as if to say, "All you bitches stay far, far away; the Viking is mine!"

Then she grinned coquettishly and skated into her team's box where she waited for the remainder of her team, a team that freely ignored Lochlainn's carefully constructed introductions and came skating out together in uniforms that had a lot in common with their captain's. 'Bad Girlfriend' continued to play; evidently the rest of team had a message for their mates as well.

Mary looked down at her old scuffed blue skates and even though she was wearing hot-pants and a body-hugging team jersey, she drily said, "Ylva my dear; I fear that we're overdressed for this party."

"That bitch!" Ylva swore in anger. "She didn't even warn me. I'm gonna score and score on that bitch; her new skate name is gonna be 'turnstile'!"

Mary laughed at Ylva and reminded her that she shouldn't get too mad at Lena; she would be skating with the Misfits during the second half.

"Not dressed like that she won't," Ylva spat as Mary rolled her eyes.

But while Mary's eyes were rolling, Lochlainn's were all but bursting from his head. His mouth wasn't working so well either; he was supposed to be introducing the match's on-track officials. Unfortunately, the only thing coming out of the bear's mouth was a sort of an 'urk' sound. Not that anyone really heard his new approach to announcing; his mike was still lying on the floor at his feet.

Other than those who'd been planted in the audience with cameras, the crowd didn't care about Lochlainn's disappearance from the pre-game; indeed, they didn't even notice it. The only ones in the building who were aware of Lucky's audio problems were the officials for the evening. They weren't going to get their introduction tonight, but they were used to that. They were usually ignored until something went seriously wrong. They didn't really care, being ignored was better than being showered with beer.

The team captains met in the center of the rink for the pre-game handshake, and things were a bit tense.

"Bitch," Ylva snarled.

"Whore," Lena snapped back.

"I can't believe you showed us up like this. You might have warned me what you were up to!"

"...and have you wreck Lochlainn's surprise with your big mouth? Like you wouldn't have changed your uniforms? I know you; you wouldn't have been able to resist!"

"I'm gonna score on you so many times; you'll be too worn out for Lucky. He'll go looking for some other bear."

Lena's eyes began to glow dangerously as Ylva had, as usual, gone too far. But as Lena began to shift into her hybrid form, there was a flash of light and sparks burst out of bracelet on her wrist. With her arm feeling as though it was on fire, Lena was shocked back into rationality and she ended her shift before she completely lost control.

"At least the shaman's charms work as advertised," Mary mumbled to herself.

"Yeah, Ja-mul's magic usually works... unfortunately," Florence replied. "He said that the skaters could easily tear the bracelet off if there were an emergency, but as long as we wear them, we are limited to human strength and speed. It's the only thing that makes matches like this possible."

The head referee assumed responsibility for the game at this point. "Okay ladies this match is supposed to be a 'friendly'. If it doesn't stay friendly, then I will begin booting players. Do you two understand me?" he said, staring directly at Lena and Ylva.

"Yes sir," both warring girls responded resentfully.

Then the referee looked at Florence and Mary and said, "If I have to toss these two, you will be paying us double. Do you understand?"

"Can we pay you now and save time," Flo responded with a grimace.

The ref merely rolled his eyes at her response and then sped through his pregame spiel quickly. He didn't make a major presentation of it, he was aware that no one was bothering to listen to him anyway. His remembered that his wife had advised him to turn down this match and he was beginning to think that he should have listened to her.

When the match started, it didn't take long for the penalty box to fill. Elbows were thrown; skaters were tripped; jammers were thrown to the floor by angry blockers, and all of this occurred before the first ten minutes had run from the clock.