Responsibility Ch. 34

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rahela reached up. That clever looking maiden bent down with a smile. An aged hand on the young face, Rahela weakly said, "I used to forget once a day. Now I forget many times a day. You must tire of it."

Gently, the maiden said, "I'm grateful. This time, your memory returned quickly."

"How long did I need last time?" Rahela asked as she fought a tear.

"Seventeen minutes. You were inconsolable."

"Oh ... my sweet Urselle!" Rahela's hand lowered and took some of her daughter's sleeve. "Where's your aunt? I can't remember that now."

Patting the little old woman's back, Princess Urselle told her, "You married her off to Borys Chaika years ago. You named her a Duchess to rest beside her Princess title, and you granted her a province of her own."

Rahela's mind showed her an image of an adult Gabi in a lavish gown and tall headdress, holding a bouquet of flowers and walking up to her husband. "Yes ... that Borys Chaika. He became a general."

Now exhausted, Rahela collapsed in the maiden's arms, but she didn't fall asleep.

Holding her up, the princess murmured, "Yes, yes. You had a busy day. You walked, sewed, and read a book. You need to rest."

***

The man that walked into her bedchamber was tall. He had a cane because there was a slight hitch in one of his legs, as if he'd been injured years ago. He'd grown slightly thinner over the years, and he looked so much older than Rahela, which made sense because he was. In fact, his voice was weaker. Rahela couldn't compare it to the voice she'd first heard when she was hardly an adult.

He didn't go to war anymore. Other people did that for him, mostly his eldest son.

And on the rare occasion he couldn't attend court, Rahela wasn't the one to sit on the throne. She wasn't considered mentally fit. Princess Urselle had the honor instead.

He crawled up into bed with her and sat down. One of his hands took hers. Rahela wanted to be angry at him. She was angry overall. She hated her condition.

She couldn't be angry at him.

Because she remembered the blissful feeling she had about something he once told her, although she'd never admit that. She just couldn't remember what it was!

"Little Bacon? Were you ever bored today?"

"I believe so," Rahela said. Then she pouted. She didn't like remembering that. That meant she'd been relaxed and pleased.

His white hair shifting as he nodded, the skin on his cheeks sagging, The Emperor said, "Delightful. I've grown to love you very much, and when you're pleased in your boredom I'm also pleased."

That was it!

Rahela's face heated. Tears came to her again. She coughed and wept into her palm.

Irakly Arkadi Hermol reached over to wipe her face with his sleeve. He soothed her enough so he could continue. Even under the folds, his dark eyes were lively as he gazed down at her.

"When I first claimed Testoa so many years ago, I knew I'd have to marry someone from there. A member of the royal family, a daughter of one of the generals, someone. I didn't care who the exact woman would be. A country that killed so many of my men must be taken with respect. How fortunate I was to learn the source of the most cleverness was the queen herself, and such a beautiful queen too."

Rahela's body melted into warmth.

***

The End. For Now.

***

Author's Note: I hope to make a sequel but I'm not sure when that will happen. Hopefully, the sequel will have more information about Leran. Thank you so much for patiently reading my silly stories. I appreciate it.

***

12