Revenge On The Sea

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Come all you young sailormen, listen to me."

"I'll sing you a song of the fish and the sea!"

"And it's windy weather boys."

"Stormy weather boys."

"When the wind blows, we're all together boys!"

"Blow ye winds westerly."

"Blow ye winds blow!"

"Jolly sou'wester boy steady she goes!"

"Out comes the eel with it's slippery tail."

"Climbs up aloft and reefs the topsail!"

"And it's windy weather boys."

"Stormy weather boys."

"When the wind blows, we're all together boys!"

"Blow ye winds westerly."

"Blow ye winds blow!"

"Jolly sou'wester boy steady she goes!"

"And out comes the shake with his nine rows of teeth!"

"Saying 'you eat the dough boys and I'll eat the beef'!"

"And it's windy weather boys."

"Stormy weather boys"

"When the wind blows, we're all together boys!"

"Blow ye winds westerly."

"Blow ye winds blow!"

"Jolly sou'wester boy steady she goes!"

"And out jumps the whale!"

"The largest of all!"

"Says 'if ye want any wind well I'll blow ye a squall'!"

"And it's windy weather boys."

"Stormy weather boys."

"When the wind blows, we're all together boys!"

"Blow ye winds westerly."

"Blow ye winds blow!"

"Jolly sou'wester boy steady she goes!"

My shanty has the desired effect. The crew is laughing and ready. I take a glance through my spyglass at the Defiance and catch, for a moment, Captain Cold Eyes watching me through her own spyglass. I promptly tip her my hat. She then looks away. I can imagine her expression, both exasperated and amused at the same time. It made me smile. Oh Leo, focus damn you! The score of your life is in front of you! Not to mention both your long-awaited revenge and your only hope of getting with Captain Cold Eyes! You had to live through today to have that! "Keep to the plan boys! Full sail toward the prizes!"

The Death's Hand and the Defiance both flew at full sail, full speed with north wind. The oncoming ships had clearly marked us as pirates, for they were already attempting to turn. Glancing at them through my spyglass I saw the figures on both decks frantically getting ready for a battle. The respective captains must have come to the same conclusion, that the oncoming pirates were already too close and seemed to know exactly how to react. Every time either of my father's ships moved, the Death's Hand and the Defiance compensated perfectly. For the first time in my life, I was grateful to my cunt stepmother for something. Her detailed knowledge of my father's ship habits was spot-on! Then I saw my father.

Giovanni Sanfino, now grey at the temples, was on the deck of the ship that the Death's Hand was making for. Clearly barking orders at the captain, wanting to know what could be done. Oh this was better than I'd ever hoped! "Payback is a bitch father," I said aloud to myself. "And patient haters are to be feared!"

"Cap'n?" asked Arthur.

"Never mind Arthur! Be ready lads! They're lining up to broadside is!" Indeed the two merchant ships were lined up and they opened fire. Both my crew and the Defiance's crew took cover. Some small hits but nothing major. The merchant crews were clearly panicking.

"Anyone hit?" called McGaragle.

"Nothing serious!" said Patrick.

"This is going well Cap'n," said Tomwise.

"Except now we have to make a choice," I said. The choice was unspoken but he knew what I meant. We either keep sailing into the teeth of their broadsides, taking more damage, or we stop, turn and return fire with broadsides of our own, which in turn made us bigger targets for their guns! It was a shitty choice! But the safer option was to take our chances. "Turn to port, ready the starboard side guns!" Across from me I heard Captain Cold Eyes call for her ship to do the opposite, turn to starboard and ready the port side guns. Exactly as planned! Sure enough as we turned and present bigger targets, both merchant ships opened fire again. My crew braced but damage was minimal. It was why I'd opted for range. Our guns were now lined up. "Fire!"

My starboard side cannons and the Defiance's port side cannons all opened fire at once, aimed high so as to not damage the cargo holds. I had more cannons that the Defiance but Cold Eyes crew had far more skill at working and she fired a second broadside a full ten seconds before my crew did. With both our broadsides now returned, I yelled "full sail!" The sails came down and we started moving again.

To the merchants, it looked like our ships were attempting to flee, thinking we weren't risking trading too many more broadsides with the heavily armed merchant guns. Which was exactly what we wanted them to think. The truth is, with them now stationary, we were getting out of broadside range. Just like Arthur had suggested during the Death's Hand's first raid. Watching through my spyglass showed me that the captains of the merchant ships were not stupid, they were figuring this out. But we had the wind and surprise on our side. Soon both the Death's Hand and the Defiance were perfectly positioned to fire without receiving returning fire. Which both our ships did at once, more broadsides. We each fired off two more broadsides before the merchant ships adjusted to our positions but I could tell both ships were badly damaged. So I swung us about and now we were making for the ship again. The Defiance did the same.

"I can't believe this is going so well!" said Tomwise.

"Don't jinx us!" I snapped. The merchant ships opened fire once more, my bow taking more damage. But now we were in chase cannon range. "Fire chase cannons!" My chase cannons tore through the merchant ship's sails. The masts didn't collapse like last time, but it was clear the damage was done. The Defiance was doing the same off to the side. The Death's Hand shuddered hard as she took another enemy broadside.

"Cap'n, we shouldn't take too many more of them!" yelled Tomwise.

"We won't. Time for the next part of the plan! Smoke it up!"

The crew hauled a barrel full of smoke grenades up. They carried sheets tied to ropes as well, custom made slings. Once we were close enough the smoke grenades were lit and several members of the crew swung the sheets over their heads like horse breakers would swing a lasso. The smoke grenades were hurled across the water and just managed to land on the deck of the enemy ship.

The merchant crew thought these were explosives because they were diving for cover. But as the smoke billowed up, they realized their mistake. I brought the sail in and turned us to port again, aiming every cannon on deck at the enemy deck. My broadside tore across the merchant ship's deck, scattering the gun crew. I hoped my father wasn't killed in a broadside. I wanted that pleasure myself! McGaragle called for the hooks to be thrown and soon we were pulling the enemy ship to us. I chanced a glance behind me and could see the Defiance now on the other side of the other merchant ship. Captain Cold Eyes had sailed completely around the enemy ship and was now getting ready to raid. She'd not liked my smoke grenade idea, said it was too risky, so I'd let her pitch her own part of the raid. It kept her happy.

I left Tomwise to the helm and joined McGaragle's raiders, just like last time. McGaragle led the first charge. I went over in the second wave, pistol drawn.

I heard a volley and saw a bunch of my men go down. They had lined up some musket men! That had to be dealt with at once! I fired, killing a man with a headshot. I had to break up the musket line before it reloaded! My third wave would be shot right into the water! McGaragle's men were fighting the merchant sailors. I needed something! Ducking a sword aimed at my neck, I shoved my attacker overboard and saw that the cannon to my right was loaded and a matchstick in the hands of a dead man. There we go! I hacked the cannon free of it's rope restraints with my sword, then rolled it and turned it. The musket line was nearly reloaded! I heaved with more strength than I'd ever thought my body was capable of and turned the cannon to face the musket line. They saw me too late. I put the match to the cannon and it fired, destroying the enemy rifle line.

There was a cheer from my ship but I was too deafened to hear, having been unable to cover my ears. The enemy crew was devastated by the loss of it's rifles and McGaragle's first and my second wave were beating merchantmen back. The third wave came over, led by Tomwise. That meant Arthur was at the helm. Good. "Cap'n?" Tomwise asked me.

His voice sounded like it was coming from far away. "What?" I yelled back.

He recoiled from my yell. "Don't worry Cap'n! Fight's nearly over! You killed their Cap'n and broke their will!"

"What?"

Tomwise shook his head and joined the others. I sat back against the rail of the merchant ship and shook my head, waiting for the ringing in my ears to subside. When it finally felt like I could hear again, I got to my feet. The battle was over here. But I still heard swords and pistols. I ran to the bow of the merchant ship and saw the Defiance's crew was having a tougher time of it. Using my spyglass I could see Captain Cold Eyes herself fighting for her life. Her crew was in trouble.

No!

I ran across the deck, jumped down below and knocked one of my own men out of the way. Running to the bow where the chase cannons usually sat I saw none. The merchant didn't have any chase cannons. "Fuck!" I yelled aloud, my voice loud in my ears. My hearing had returned full. I ran back on deck.

Tomwise was waiting. "Enemy crew surrendered captain! What's left of em anyway!"

"We got all the merchant's too!" McGaragle added.

"Good. Keep them in line! I've got to give aid to our ally!"

"Why?" asked McGaragle. "Let 'em die! More for us!"

A typical pirate answer. Ignoring McGaragle, I turned to Tomwise. "Keep this ship under control. I'm going to back to the Death's Hand to give our fellow pirate some aid!"

Tomwise nodded.

I ran back across the boarding planks and returned to the helm of my ship. After cutting the grappling hooks and pulling back the boarding planks, I pulled us away, put us at half sail and swung us about hard to port. We turned in a complete 180 until our port side was now lined up. I couldn't broadside the other merchant ship, I might kill my love! So I sailed us up close, and ordered all the remaining gunners to take up muskets. Grabbing a hailing cone I bellowed "Defiance crew! Take cover!"

I saw Cold Eyes looking at me for a second, then she dove to the deck. My musket men opened fire, picking off the merchant sailors. A second volley followed, then the Defiance's crew sprang back up and began taking care of business. I didn't need my spyglass to see Cold Eyes clearly. She raised a cutlass to me in a salute of thanks, which was followed by a cheer from the Defiance itself. Good, I'd saved their asses and in doing so I'd won them over. Another barrier broken down!

I'd done it. I'd beaten my father and won some back respect from the Defiance.

And my day wasn't even done yet!

Chapter 10: The Patience Of Revenge

I brought the Death's Hand back alongside my target merchant ship and saw all was quiet. A few more prisoners had been added to the captured, including my father and half sisters. "Oh what a happy day!" I said to myself. After my crew had re-established the boarding planks I returned to the captured ship. "Cargo?"

"Exactly as we was told it'd be!" replied McGaragle.

"Good. My stepmother didn't play us false! Casualties?"

McGaragle's face fell. "Twenty-six dead. Another thirteen wounded."

I shook my head. Not every take was going to be bloodless. In fact, most of them would never be bloodless. "Sad numbers boys. But we still got the haul!"

My crew cheered.

"What of the prisoners?" I asked.

"Twenty total. Most of them crew that surrendered after the Cap'n turned their own cannon on them!" McGaragle laughed. "Tomwise is below deck checking on the cargo!"

"Good. Maybe we'll find some new recruits among these fools! If not, we'll get more in Nassau!" I turned to gaze at my father. He was oblivious to who I was of course. My half sisters, barely into their teens, looked terrified. "Haul the fat man and the two girls to my office McGaragle, and leave two men with them! Nobody touches them! And nobody tells them who I am!"

"Aye Cap'n!" McGaragle gave the orders and had my father and step sisters marched away. I pulled out my spyglass and sent a look toward the other merchant ship. Captain Cold Eyes was doing the same thing I was. Assessing the situation, figuring out who was lost. Her back was to me and I couldn't help but pause on her delicious back end before Tomwise hailed me.

"It's some hoard Cap'n!" he said cheerfully. Now that the haul was ours, all his complaints were gone. "This will make our last take look like nothing!"

"Good. We'll need it!"

"Hail the Cap'n of the Death's Hand!" I turned to see Cold Eyes was now at the stern of her captured ship with a hailing cone.

I grabbed my cone. "Hail the Cap'n of the Defiance!"

"We thanks you mightily for that timely assist!"

"Happy to be of help to my old friends and crew!"

"We should be one our way soon!"

"Aye Cap'n Cold Eyes, so should we! Let's get this done and get back to warmer climates."

Cold Eyes laughed. "I'm all for that! Snow's for the bears!" She put down her cone and headed back to her duties.

Tomwise looked at me for a moment. "So, are you two going to fuck?"

"I sincerely hope so."

"You do love that woman."

"Yes Tomwise I do."

"I figured as much. Making us wait for her in Nassau, the delay to get her crew winter clothes, sailing off to save her from the enemy. Men don't do them things unless they're in love."

"Is this going to be a problem?"

Tomwise shook his head. "Not for me. As long as you remember your duty to the crew. That comes first!"

I nod. "I'm well aware Tomwise. Now, it's time for me to go see my father at long last!" I walked back to my ship and left the transfer of our goods to him. Walking to the captain's cabin, I dismissed the two guards, told them to go get my step mother and half brother, then strode inside. My father was behind my desk. How typical.

"Whatever you want, I can pay it!" Giovanni pleaded. "Just let me go!"

He doesn't recognize me. Good. "I'm already taking your entire life's work! So what do you think you can pay me?"

"My wife has set up in Boston! She'll have money by now! Let me get a letter to her!"

I laughed. "And let you alert the authority in Boston? You must think me stupid!"

"You're just a pirate!" One of my half sisters chimed in.

I turned to them, sitting together on my cot. Both resembled Angelica. Renee and Rachel, their names were. "I'm the pirate that can have you both killed for speaking to me that way!" I snarled at them. They both recoiled.

"Please, leave my daughters alone! They're innocent!"

I wanted to spit on his concern. He'd never shown me so much as a egg cup's worth of concern! "You've got nothing to offer me!"

"I do! Let me get word!"

I laughed again. "Bring them in!" My door opened and my men tossed Angelica and Donnie in.

Giovanni stared at them dumbly. My half sisters ran to their mother. My step mother, for the first time since being gang-raped, came to life. "No!"

"Angelica, what happened to you?" asked Giovanni.

"I happened to them," I interrupted. The look on his face gave me exquisite pleasure. Only Cold Eyes vagina had provided me with better pleasure than this! "I caught them and made her write that letter you received. You sailed into my trap!"

"No," moaned Giovanni.

"There's no money for you in Boston," I said, savoring his agony. "Nothing at all! And now your life's work is all mine!"

My half sisters were now crying. "Damn you!" Giovanni cried.

I laughed. "You don't even know the best part yet!"

"The best?"

I crossed my arms. "It's me, father. Leo."

His eyes bulged out of his head. "It can't be!"

"Oh yes it is! It's the very same son who ran away rather than be your new family's whipping boy! Now I'm a pirate captain and you're in my power!"

"You bastard!"

I ignored him. "I heard about the story you told father. The story about me threatening to murder my half siblings to gain control of the business. You painted me to be the criminal! I wasn't a criminal then! But I damn sure am now!"

"You were never anything but a mistake!" he screamed at me. "Your mother was a whore in Tuscany! Nothing more than pleasure I took! I wish I'd never taken you away from her! You deserved to be drowned in a river! You bastard! Mistake! Godless scum! Blight upon my fine society! Damn you-"

I drew my pistol and aimed it at Donnie's head. That stopped his tirade. "Do you feel better now father? Having gotten all that of your chest? I hope so! Because you're going to pay!" I felt the ship lurch as we pulled away from the merchant ships, leaving them dead in the water. Another boost to my ship's reputation. "I've thought of a million revenges for you father! I've aleady inflicted some of them upon your wife and son! Right Angelica?" Her dead eyed fear had returned.

"Damn you!"

I turned my back on him and walked out. "Nobody in or out without my say so!" My men nodded. I returned to the helm and put us at full sail. The Defiance was beside us. Both ships were damaged, but they'd get us back to Nassau, so long as we avoided further battles. And storms. I glanced at the Defiance and could just make out Captain Cold Eyes at the helm.

"What are we going do with them Cap'n?" asked Tomwise.

"The prisoners in my cabin? Well, once we've put some distance between us and the battle, I intend to make them all suffer!"

We sailed all day, not stopping. Once night fell, we finally let ourselves breathe. It was colder than ever but we had to keep going. Panting through the cold I said to Tomwise "bring my family on deck."

"Aye Cap'n," he said. My family was brought on deck.

Before I could say anything to them, a hail from the Defiance interrupted me. "Hail Cap'n Sanfino! Request permission to come aboard!" It was Cold Eyes.

"Granted!" I called back, then turned to my famliy. Giovanni was furious. Angelica was empty. Donnie and the girls were terrified.

"Can we have the girls Cap'n, like we had the mother?" asked McGaragle.

Angelica screamed. One of my men promptly kicked her, silencing her.

"No you may not," I replied to McGaragle. "They're children! Barely any womanly definition to either of them! You lot can wait until we're back in Nassau for woman flesh!

The crew grumbled but no one complained. Cold Eyes came over up to the deck at that moment. "Welcome aboard M'lady the Captain Cold Eyes," I said with my perfect bow.

She glanced at my family. "I had to see this. Is this them? The family you hate so much?"

"Aye Cap'n Cold Eyes, it is! I was just deciding what to do with them!"

"You're a pirate?" asked one of my half sisters. The same one who had spoken to me.

"Does that surprise you?" asked Cold Eyes.

"Women don't belong in this world!" replied the girl.

"What's your name?"

"Renee."

Cold Eyes crossed to where they say and crouched down. "Despite what you've been told little girl, women can do anything they want! It's men who don't like it!"

Angelica hugged Renee close.

I cut in. "You two could learn from her."

"You won't apprentice my daughters to some whore pirate!" bellowed Giovanni.

I managed to laugh before Cold Eyes fist connected with his face. He went down hard. "Call me that again and I'll cut off your balls!" she snarled.

"He doesn't have any," I said.

"How shocking," she spat.

"What happens to us?" asked Angelica.

I suddenly grinned. "Well, with M'lady Captain Cold Eyes's blessing, I think Rachel and Renee will get a more appropriate understanding of what a woman can do. We'll be taking them!"