All Comments on 'Rich Man, Poor Man'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Get another woman pregnant, have a kid

Go back to Rebecca. Procreating is an imperative. Rebecca was a whore, skank and slut. That doesn't mean you can't love her but she can't provide a child. It's her fault.

Have a child and then go back to your true love. If Rebecca doesn't like it then too bad. She shouldn't have been a whore. There are consequences. She destroyed her reproductive organs by being grand central. If she wants her husband then she has to suck it up for a few years. Maybe they can find a surrogate. In the end she is worthless so what's the loss

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 4 years ago
Last anon.

Some serious hate going on there.

You need to calm down a bit.

SAV12SAV12almost 4 years ago
VERY VERY GOOD SHORT STORY

I AGREE WITH THE SWEDE, LOTS OF HATE OUT THERE! THE MAN HAS VERY STRONG IDEALS ABOUT WHAT A RELATIONSHIP INVOLVES. TRUST AND COMMUNICATION ARE VERY IMPORTANT. TO BECKY, IT WASN'T THE FACT THAT SHE WAS INFERTILE, BUT HOW SHE GOT THAT WAY THAT ALMOST KILLED HER. SHE'S DESPONDANT OVER HOW JAMES WOULD REACT ON WHY SHE INFERTILE. THIS IS A LOVE STORY, NOT A LOVING WIVES STORY. JAMES IS UNABLE TO LET HIS WIFE GO IN A DIVORCE BECAUSE HE KNEW BECKY WAS UNSTABLE BUT NOT WHY. A VERY GOOD STORY WITH SOME MINOR GLITCHES. 4.5****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This one hits home far too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is just a Love Story........

And I loved it......I've said the best I can say here..........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It's a nice story, but why didn't they even talk about adopting a child?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I could never be in a relationship with someone that had carelessly shared themselves sexually with so many and gotten diseases. That said I liked the story, so many stories here are really the same story basics and I appreciate creativity. I think the ending should have addressed Jason, does he visit? Will he retire nearby?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story is a well deserved feel-good 5. Readability is a 2. So final is a four. It deserved a thorough proof read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damn….that just limped to a sappy ending.

2**

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was so obvious, that learning of her infertility, and the reason for it, drove her to all her irrational behaviour. Jamie's thick headedness was frustrating. Don't know why they call it being, "A wild child". It's plain being a slut. 4*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with anonymus and his/her comment "It was so obvious,..." . Yes it was, and I'm furious right now. I read away most of last night because I was suffering along with Jamie, not only hoping for a happy end, but for something to be revealed that would redeem the story. Never happened. Such a waste of time and loss of sleep. Mountains went into labour- and gave birth to a mouse. Nobody, and I mean absolutely no one in a situation like the one described here would not have come to the conclusion that Rebecca was infertile, so why not bring it up and talk it out?

There are too many inconsistencies, misconceptions and improbabilities to list. Just a few observations. Becky goes from slut to faithful wife to drinking and being a slut again, only "saved" by her husband. Than, nothing changes in their situation, she continues with her heavy drinking but stops being a slut? Why? The only reason we can grasp from the story is fear. She is afraid after seeing hubby go berserk. So her inner slut might be still awake.

When Rebecca tells about her repeated cockteasing (and I'm sure we are getting to know just the tip of the iceberg) James concludes she did it just for the thrill of teasing and the assholes should let her leave in peace. But for all we know about her lifestyle and her confessions, it might have been her way to initiate a gang fuck, she even strongly hints in that direction.

But even if that's not so, she IS to blame, partially at least, for the precarious situations she found herself in both on campus as well as in Italy. Don't get me wrong, I wish for the world to be a safe place for all children, women and men. Every one of us should help to build a world like this. But at the same time the world is the way it is, societies changing slowly and inconsistently. A mature person should accept responsibilities, it's our duty towards ourselves, our families and even towards society as a whole to avoid unnecessary risks as much as possible, and if we don't we shouldn't cry foul.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In addition to my previous comment, just to make it crystal clear. People who rape, sexually abuse others should suffer dire consequences. But teasing strange men purposely, knowing that some men might try to take what's seemingly offered, even with force, is careless. Tease away at people you trust or in safe places/ situations, being in a group for instance, preferably outnumbering guys that might give you unwanted attention of the hands-on variety.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 2 years ago

Why not adopt a child?

jflindersjflindersover 2 years ago

Woodmanone was prolific for a few years but seems not to be writing now.

Besides the numerous spelling and grammatical errors, there were two things about this story that just made it difficult to deal with:

1. The main one has been referred to by other commenters. It would have been impossible for an intelligent man to miss the implication that his wife was infertile, making much of the story make no sense.

2. "Mr. Colman ... net worth was somewhere around 30 million dollars. That's a lot of money by anyone's standards."

Net worth of 30 million dollars isn't nearly enough for the apparent size of the man's business and lifestyle.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

Way too long for an obvious plot line. Wordy and manipulative writing I never order to stall the r esolution. Avoidance of the fertility question for six pages just screamed the direction we were going.

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 2 years ago

I'm not impressed with the characters choices. It would be different if he didn't want kids of his own. Now the only way he can experience anything even vaguely close is by living vicariously thorough someone else's family, after he gives them material possessions or goods they can't afford for them selves. They could also adopt, but its not the same as your own flesh and blood.

If she loved him the way she said she did, she would have divorced him so he could go and have the future he wanted, instead of staying married to her and living a "consolation prize" life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I believe all females feel fertility is a part of their own self-worth

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdabout 2 years ago

Just bunch of morons.

I predicted the ending all along.

Took toooooo much to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Commenting on this is probably pissing in the wind, since with no postings since 2017, it's unlikely that woodmanone will see it. So I'll try to be brief, noting that I felt like it was a 5 when I finished it, but read comments from the past couple years, and they made some good negative points. So, dropped it to a 4, but it's still a keeper. Albeit, a long one. Woodmanone hit way more than he missed, and in this saga he skillfully built up the "is she cheating" suspense, even though all along I suspected it had something to do with infertility. But the reveal as to why she was infertile came as a surprise, and with that revelation, her actions made sense. You can fault Jaimie for staying with her, but damnit, he loved her. You can't apply logic to that. But I do have to wonder whether there could be some sort of workaround for them. Adoption, of course, but also maybe a surrogate mother with Jaimie's sperm artificially implanted? It might not be THEIR child, but at least it would be his. And since THEY would be raising him or her, it would actually be theirs in the final analysis anyway.

QUICKMAGAZINE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When I hit the section with the motorcycle accident, I figured either she was drugged and had sex or found out she was infertile. The subsequent behavior reinforced my suspicion and pointed to infertility either to STDs or the forcible gang rape. So no surprise, except she took so long to come to grips with her overwhelming guilt and he was clueless. I did enjoy the story and gave it 5 stars.

Sorry a good writer vanished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yeah... I remember my father telling me when I started out on my own, he didn’t want me to have a hard life, but he didn’t want it to be too easy for me either. It took me 20 years, to understand the wisdom of his words. When you are born with a golden spoon in your mouth, you don’t value what you have, cause you never worked for it. When you work for something, and achieve it, you build character. The wife in this story never had to work for anything. If she wanted to slut around, no problem. If she stopped doing her job, daddy didn’t care. She did not understand the day to day struggles, and choices, most people make. If you want to fuck a woman with no character or morals, so be it. But marrying the same woman, will always be a huge mistake. I gave it a 3, because I do not believe the wife appreciated what she gave up, or would have been bothered to fight for it.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Should be retitled I fell in love with a Skank, Whore or maybe How to be a complete Whipping Boy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Knight in Shining Armor redeems the Whore through Love. A Lie as old as time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for this one. Another plot with strongly built characters, wisdom, human understandings. And another engaging story! (Although I actually skipped a lot of it due to the difficulties in reading it).

Thank you even more for cleaning up the typos, mis-spellings and etc. in so many other of your excellent stories, so people like me can read, even re-read, and be enriched while also being entertainingly swept along in your stories. Those all rate 5’a because I “Love it”. This one, I can only do a comment to let you know you, your work and your “work” (this story) really are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Craig

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

That’s a beautiful story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So many stories in Lit are about broken trust--It's just a matter of time 'til she "breaks a nail" and goes ballistic again?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I was expecting literotica.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What a terrible cost to pay for promiscuity! Only fools make it out to be "just fun and games."

Another brilliant Woodmanone story.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

A well-written and, in the end, heartwarming tale, thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I thought for a while, that you had Rebecca slated for death. This outcome is far better, and far more human.

Thank you, great read.

One little nitpick, you used the word angle where it should have been angel, and later in the story used angel when it should have been angle. I am sure it was accidental, but the double error grabbed my attention.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story. Get an editor though. When I got through the first page and saw how many were left, I was like "Fuck!" I thought I got suckered into one of those stories where the writer adds a bunch of redundant dialogue, repeats the same shit 47 times, and used up a page and a half on foreplay so he/she can stretch a story out to 10 pages when it should be 3 or 4. So good job not doing that shit; I would have trashed you in my comment. My only nitpick is the MC waiting so long to give Becky an ultimatum. I'd have given her my two week notice right after the first bar scene where she told her husband and other guy to decide who is taking her home, and about a 2 second notice to get her ass in the car. I'd have expected the same from him, given his principles at the beginning the story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It was pretty clear that her test confirmed her infertility. What kept him from concluding the obvious?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...