Righting A Wrong

Story Info
A widower doing the right thing gets rewarded.
6.7k words
4.51
32.2k
26
10
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimers: This story could also be suited for the Romance or Mature Category, so all my readers can decide if I put it in the correct category. As with almost all my stories, this is entirely a work of fiction. Each and every person engaging in anything close to sex is at least 18 years of age. Some are considerably older.

*

I'm sitting in the living room of my house, having just finished the very sad get together following the funeral of my wife of nearly twenty-six years. My son, Charlie, his pregnant wife and their two year old son just left My daughter, Carol, and her new husband also left.

The very close friends and other relatives left, too, leaving me with a very quiet house full of memories. Living in this house for twenty-five years, with the love of my life, thinking we had so many more years together. I guess cancer didn't read the script we had written.

My name is Hal Gold. I just celebrated my 50th birthday, the final event my wife, Susan and I shared together, in much happier times. She missed her own 50th by two months, having fought her liver cancer for just over a year.

How in the Hell was I supposed to carry on, trying to smile, knowing my heart had been ripped right out of my chest. My participation in my law practice would be put on hold until I could go to work and not break down seeing the office down the hall from mine, where Susan sat for nearly the same amount of time I did. You see, she was my office manager. My scheduler. The one who kept all my clients in order. In a word, she was my rock.

We met in college. I was a Junior, majoring in Criminal Justice, and she was majoring in Business. Neither of us belonged to a fraternity or sorority, and both lived at home.

We started as just study partners, both on the quiet side, with me on the small side, just over 5'8" and maybe tipping the scales at 145 or 150. My Susan was a shade over 5'2" and couldn't have weighed an ounce over 115.

After studying together for nearly six months, we started finishing our studies by kissing. At first, very cautiously, but soon we became more adventurous.

Our adventures soon were taking place at her parents house, or mine, whichever was empty at the times we were most horny. I just couldn't get enough of her compact, tiny body. Her A cup boobs fit nicely in my mouth, and she had the ability to achieve multiple orgasms with just my licking and fingering her still virginal pussy.

She became very good at taking my solid, nearly six inches in her mouth, and with my fingers in her, we both had multiple orgasms, on several occasions. To say were learning as we went was an understatement. We were both twenty-one year old virgins, finding out just how much we were falling in love with each other.

After at least a half dozen sessions on her bed, or mine, we finally decided to move to the next step. We had talked about fucking, so finally, one bright afternoon, I produced a condom, moved her onto her back, and very tenderly moved between her thighs.

If we thought our oral love making was fantastic, our first time fucking had us both seeing stars. Just holding each other, and saying how much we loved each other, and nearly immediately started in for a second time.

We both knew our next step was talking with both sets of parents about a wedding, which we both knew was imminent.

With my parents, Joe and Grace, and hers, Bill and Shirley, getting together one Sunday evening, we started by telling them how much in love we were.

It was both mothers who said they were wondering if we thought they didn't know what was going on, as whichever bedroom we were using reeked of sex, so they were both overjoyed at this finally being out in the open.

"Now we can start planning a wedding," Shirley said with a grin and a wink.

Our wedding took place two weeks after we both graduated. I had been accepted into law school at the U of W, and Susan had a job working in her dad's business, learning how to run an office.

Going into my final year of law school, we started thinking about children. Actually, we'd been thinking about them since the day we were married.

We kept up our rigorous practice, with Susan stopping her pills, and us looking for a bigger apartment.

Just as I was about to sit for the Bar Exam, we found out we were going to be parents. When we found out we were going to be parents, the Bar Exam came in a distant second.

Getting set up in a small firm, I was learning all I could about every phase of the law, not sure of what I wanted to specialize in. The one thing I knew I wasn't going to do was anything to do with divorce. No way.

We were all sitting down for Shabbat dinner, when Susan looked at all of us and said, "It's time!"

Off we went to greet our son, and both sides of the family's first grandson. Yes, we knew it was a boy, and we knew he would be Charles Henry Gold.

After nearly two long hours of labor, he finally made his appearance. The absolute best looking baby ever born. Am I showing my bias? You bet.

We just couldn't stop staring at this little bundle of joy letting the world know he was cold but finally free of the confines of mommy's womb.

Putting Charlie, never Chuck, in Susan's arms, we both just could contain our happiness. Both sets of parents were waiting to see their newest grandson.

Getting our family settled at home, the following afternoon, we just knew how fulfilling he made our life.

It seemed as if time was flying by. Charlie was just starting to walk, when we decided he needed a sibling. It didn't take much convincing for Susan to stop her birth control. As we redoubled our efforts, in just over eight weeks, we were heading back to her Doctor's office. Not only did we learn number two was on the way, we found our we were having a daughter.

We just couldn't have planned this any better. When we started talking about kids, we hoped for one of each, knowing we'd take anything we were given.

By the time Carol was ready to make her appearance, Charlie was walking all over the place, and talking a blue streak. He was sort of aware what was happening, but he thought mommy would deliver a ready made playmate. When the grandparents brought him in to meet his sister, he looked around expecting to see someone his own size.

Getting our routine going was much easier with the second child, than the first.

It didn't take us all that long before our kids were starting school. With my law practice booming, and Susan keeping my office running like a well oiled machine, plus a fantastic sex life, we couldn't have been happier.

With our kids nearing high school, and my practice still booming, we finally started taking great vacations. We went to both Disneyland and Disneyworld. We went to Hawaii a couple of times. Probably our favorite vacation was our Panama Canal cruise that started in Florida a few days before Christmas, and ended in Los Angeles on the 2nd of January.

All four of us had the best time we ever could have imagined. It wasn't more than two years later that Charlie met the girl he eventually married. Becky Morgan just seemed to be a perfect match. We knew as soon as we met her, this was going to be a great marriage.

Just after they both graduated, and Charlie started law school, Carol, in her third year of college started dating a young man who she was reluctant to bring home, at first. Not putting any pressure on her, we knew she was bringing him to her brother's wedding.

At the rehearsal dinner, we got a bit of a surprise. In walks our daughter with her boyfriend, Sean O'Malley. Not that we are anti-Irish, but we were more than certain that Sean O'Malley was not Jewish.

We were not against this, because we were sure it wouldn't last. Both our parents were none too happy, but we cautioned them from saying anything that would push her away from our family, and closer to her new boyfriend.

During the reception, we did get to meet Sean and discovered a very pleasant young man. He was going to graduate college with a degree in secondary education, as he wanted to be a high school teacher.

After the wedding, it was just under a year when our son announced we were going to be grandparents.

We all celebrated the birth of our first grandson, Robert, and we were warned about spoiling him, but as first time grandparents, we felt it was our job to spoil any and all grandchildren.

Just before Robbie was turning a year old, we were hit with the news about my Susan's health. She hadn't been feeling well, and after extensive tests, her liver cancer diagnosis hit us all like a ton of bricks.

As a family, we all gathered to talk about this, and how we would go forth. Susan let it be known that she would try one round of chemo, and if it didn't show marked improvement, we'd meet and discuss it, again.

After her first round of chemo, which literally tore her apart, we met again, as a family, after our trip to the Oncologist.

Both our kids could see that mom wasn't doing well. Yes, she lost her hair, but a nice head scarf covered that up. It was the ashen color of her skin and the yellowish eyes that gave her condition away.

Both sets of parents, along with our kids, and yes, Sean and Carol were becoming more than serious, gathered to get our latest update.

After playing with our grandson for a few minutes, Susan started to talk.

"First and foremost, I don't want anyone to stop their lives. I'm certain of my fate, and Hal and I have talked this out at great length. The Doctors have all done the very best they could, so we've decided that I'm not going through another round of that terrible chemo."

Taking a few breaths, we all could see just how exhausting this was.

We all took turns saying a few words, with all of us keeping our comments on the light side.

Just when we were starting to get way too serious, Robbie came running back into the living room, giving all of us the emotional break that was needed.

When it came to Carol and Sean, it was Sean who looked Susan and me in the eyes and asked us for our permission to marry Carol.

As we looked at each other, Carol told us it would be a small, private gathering, sooner rather than later.

"Are you pregnant?" my wife asked.

"No, nothing like that, mom," she added.

"Its fine by both of us, but it might not be too small," I said with a huge grin.

I had spent her entire life dreaming of walking my baby girl down the aisle, in our synagogue. We had already thought this might happen and our Rabbi had agreed to perform the wedding.

What we didn't know, was they both had many talks with our Rabbi, letting him get to know our future son-in-law. Even though Sean told us he wasn't going through the entire conversion process, he was doing quite a bit of studying.

"I guess we should meet your parents, Sean, and find out a little about them."

"OK, but I should tell you they aren't too thrilled that I'm not marrying another Irish Catholic. But they've met Carol and she's won them over. And just so you know, both of my parents have had bouts with cancer, so they know what you're going through, Mrs. Gold."

"Stop right there, Sean, you don't have to call me mom, but I won't have you calling me Mrs. Gold, again," she said with a mile wide grin.

She got off the sofa and gave Sean a hug and whispered, "welcome to our family."

We had our huge family dinner, where the conversation was kept to the upcoming wedding, and not a word about Susan's health.

The following weekend Sean had us to his parents house for dinner. Susan had just started wearing a very stylish short hair wig, and with a bit of makeup, looked terrific, considering.

Meeting Liam and Erin for the first time turned out to go better than expected. They knew we didn't keep strictly kosher, but knew some of the things we didn't eat.

All during dinner we talked about everything except Susan's health. Many details of the wedding we discussed, along with the necessity of how soon it would take place.

The big day was upon us, faster than we imagined. I was absolutely beaming walking my daughter down the aisle. Charlie walked his mother down the aisle, before taking his place with the groomsmen.

The ceremony went perfectly. The Rabbi added an extra prayer for Susan's health, and Sean did break the ceremonial glass at the end.

At the reception, everyone had a fantastic time. Susan and I actually danced a couple of times, as well as Sean dancing with her, too.

I couldn't have wished for a better wedding and reception, if I wanted. Yes, it tired my wife out, tremendously, but she wouldn't have had it any other way.

Just five weeks later, our lives were turned upside down, with Susan's body just shutting down. We had long since had a medical directive stating no extraordinary methods were to be used, so when we went to the Hospice, everything was in place.

In just under two days, she closed her eyes. Even with having a full year to prepare for this, it nearly crushed the life out of me, too.

With her passing on a Friday morning, the funeral was held on Sunday.

With an enormous crowd on hand, she had a wonderful, if not sorrowful sendoff.

Back to where this story started, I was left by myself, after sending my kids home.

Just a few days later, Charlie and Becky asked to come over. Enjoying a little peace and quiet, and letting Robbie run around like two year olds do, we had a nice, quiet dinner.

Just as we finished dinner, Sean and Carol showed up, with a look on both faces that gave away any surprise they might have had.

I let Becky go first.

"We know we're having a girl, so, with your approval, we want her name to start with an S, for 'Mom', if that's OK"

All I could do was nod my head, in agreement. Its tradition in the Jewish religion to name a child after a deceased relative, using just the first letter of their name.

After some lighter conversation, I looked at my daughter, asking what I knew in my heart was more good news.

"Daddy, I'm just over three months along, with a boy!"

Wow, two more grandchildren. This was just the news we all needed.

For all of you wondering about my choice of title and catagory, as the late Paul Harvey used to say, "Now, you will hear the rest of the story."

For years, my dad had kept the house he grew up in, and had the same family renting it for just over twenty five years. This house was at least 80 to 85 years old, at least four bedrooms, and located in what has always been called the Central Area.

In Seattle, that meant the most racially mixed neighborhood for nearly a century.

The Wilson family, who've lived there for these past twenty-five years, were black, and the dearest family you're ever going to meet. Alton and Gina Wilson were as good as they come. Alton was a mail carrier for years, who just happened to have passed away, a few years before my Susan did, and Gina worked as a secretary and librarian at Garfield High School, where both my parents families attended.

Together, they raised four children in this house, and for the past few years, my dad has let a property manager control the house. Everything, except the rent, that dad controlled, and kept to a minimum.

Just so you get how this property manager was thought of, my mother always referred to him as 'the goniff', someone who has his hands in your pockets.

I got a phone call from mom one afternoon at my office, telling me 'the goniff' was trying to sell this house! What the hell, I thought, dad still owns it.

I knew right away what needed to be done.

I met with my dad. Did some necessary paperwork, then went to the property manager's office.

As luck would have it, he was starting to negotiate the sale of a house he didn't own.

I didn't wait for his secretary to let me in, I just barged right in.

"Hey, you can't just come in here, uninvited!"

"And you can't sell a house you don't own," I yelled.

"Let's all calm down and discuss this like gentlemen."

"Nothing to discuss you thief, my dad and I still own that house, and, oh by the way, you're fired!"

I looked at the prospective buyer, who was more than a little shaken, and told him he should be more selective with whom he does business with.

That Sunday, my parents, kids and grandkids all paid the Wilson house a visit.

Gina greeted us at the door, and made quite a fuss with entire family. Three of her four kids were there, along with five grandchildren of her own. Robbie just ran up to the group and started jabbering his mile a minute style, not even noticing they weren't white, like he was. To him, they were all just kids.

Dad started by telling Gina what great renters they had been all these years, but it was time to make a change.

She just looked at us, with a very shocked expression on her face.

I took some papers out of my briefcase, and told her and her family they were now the new owners of this house.

"Oh, you know I can't afford to buy this house, you guys."

"Gina, I did some checking and do you know that you and Alton have lived here long enough to have bought it? So what I had Hal do is add some verbiage to our original rental agreement to make it a rent to own matter. Mazel Tov, Gina, you own this house!"

"Well, as soon as you sign some papers and I file them, tomorrow," I added.

After all the kids looked the papers over and convinced her it was on the up and up, we just sat there talking like the longtime friends we were.

The entire Wilson family couldn't thank us enough.

We all went back to my house for a long overdue family dinner.

As we were waiting for our dinner to be delivered, mom, Carol and Becky sort of cornered me in the kitchen.

"You know, dad, you and Gina should see each other," Carol said, "I'm sure mom wouldn't mind."

"Are you three nuts? She's got to be at least ten years older than me. And, and."

"Dad, don't you dare say she's black, and use that as a reason."

I stopped and let this all sink in, just as our enormous amount of food arrived. All during dinner, I was quite, just listening to the chatter.

After dinner, the guys then cornered me. Dad, Charlie and Sean all telling me the same thing.

"Hal, you let your daughter bring this Irish Catholic into your family, so I know how tolerant you are," Sean said.

"OK, OK, let me consider this. She's much older, nearly as tall as I am, and as opposite in size as possible as Susan was."

Gina was actually a bit taller than me, and on the pleasingly plump side. Huge chest, but the nicest smile in the neighborhood.

Before I could finish my thinking, the following week, I got a call at work, from Gina, telling me she is retiring from Garfield High, and she would be given a sendoff party the following Saturday, and would I like to be her guest.

"Do you mean like a date?"

"Well, Hal, would you like it to be a date?"

"What time is the party, and I'll pick you up, OK?"

"2:00 PM, but they want me there early. Oh, your entire family is invited, too."

Holy crap, I'm taking a friend to her own retirement party, and both hers and my families will be there. I started to think, is there anything to this, or is it just my mind wondering.

Saturday finally rolled around, and here I was walking up the stairs of my grandparents old house that my dad and I had given to our longtime renters.

I could hear a lot of activity inside, and before I could ring the doorbell, one of Gina's grandchildren opened the door, grinning, and welcoming me inside.

All four of her kids, plus spouses and all seven of her grandchildren were gathered in the livingroom. When she came out of her bedroom, I had to stop and stare. She looked amazing. Wearing a dark blue, just below the knee dress, with a single strand of pearls.

"You look like a true guest of honor, Gina," I said, with a smile. I did have to give some additional thought about what my family told me.

12