Road from Here -- Del's Story

Story Info
Mr Nice guy finds out.
6k words
3.22
25.1k
24
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Road from Here -- Del's Story

Part One

Workplace romance can be the best and the longest lasting or it can be fraught with all the dangers one can imagine. The man knows how she is going to look first thing in the morning, and she knows the same. Both parties are familiar with the other's work, and if they are well respected by their peers. Such was the case of Nora and Del Mullins. They both worked at the local police department but in different areas.

The pressing matter right now is our lady in question, her name Nora, wife to Del Mullens.

At this moment she is sitting on a couch in the living room of her home. But tonight, she is dressed in a manner that just might give Del a heart attack.

Suddenly the sound of the doorbell echoes through the house. Nora, not expecting anyone except the husband, grabs a long white tee shirt and pulls it over her head to cover her nakedness. To her disappointment the black bra and panties can still be seen.

She quickly glanced at the security camera, thinking she would just let them think no one was home. When it turned out to be Jax, a co-worker of her husband's, she thought she would have to see what was on his mind. He should have known Del had been away from the house for several weeks and this was the night of his home coming.

Jax was a handsome man. He was a little older than Del, and he was single. So, the girls at the office had been warned about his skills in the bedroom, which were many (and demanding). Once Jax set his sight on you, his determination was overwhelming. In other words, he seldom failed in his quest. What you might call a smooth-talking sonofabitch. After all; Her husband is supposed to be coming through that door at any second. She didn't want to have visitors.

Nora decided he wouldn't be there long, so she opened the door and before she knew it the devil was sitting on her sofa, with a drink in his hand. Reminding him he needed to leave seemed a fruitless task. Shortly afterward Jax was suggesting she call to see when Del would be home.

Nora was standing in the kitchen to get a little privacy from prying ears. But she was suddenly a very easy target for Jax. Her husband was being assigned to run a team of investigators for a murder. Nora knew it was going to be a long night.

Before she could hang up the phone, she felt the hands of her unwanted guest gently slip around her waist. His body then pressed lightly against hers, and a chill raced through her near naked body. This was an excitement she had never felt before. Someone other than her husband causing such confusion and daring. Nervous goose bumps covered her arms as she spoke to her husband.

Her head rolled back and if her eyes were open, all she would see was the ceiling of her modern kitchen. See stretched her tiny body to return the kiss of the man that had whispered promises of lust and adventure. His words had the desired effect on Nora. She couldn't wait to feel his arms holding her tighter and their lips speaking of even more promises of what was to happen.

"Someone else can take this case," she thought. Fortunately for Nora she was now able to take steps to obtain the satisfaction she wanted so badly. She was unable to dwell on the missteps of her husband for very long. Jax was not giving her a chance to grasp the right and wrong of the moment. His lips touched her ears, and the message was clear. Nora was about to find out what another man felt like during the first few trying days of her marriage to Del.

Jax was sending signals that this could be a special night after all. The vows she took never entered her mind. The only thing fogging her mind; she was going to allow another man, practically a stranger... someone other than her husband make love to her. With his guidance it was going to be a night she would never forget.

She seemed to float through the hall to her bedroom and when she suddenly touched her knees to the bottom of the bed, she was pushed forward and made herself available in removing the Victoria Secret panties, while she reached back to unhook her bra and free her breasts to his exploring hands and fingers.

Nora didn't turn her face to see what was happening; there was no need. She felt this tongue make a moist swipe upward and then enter her once hidden rose. And it wasn't long till she was grasping the bed cover to signal the first of what she hoped would be many climaxes.

His hand now grabbed at her flesh as he spun her lithe body around to face the onslaught of his oral attack. She stretched up to meet his kisses with equal passion. On this night, she was not to be denied. If her husband held her in such low regard, then she must not be worthy of his love and affection.

Nora found herself as a painting with a blank canvas that would soon be filled with the beauty of lust, adventure, excitement, danger and the greatest feeling of them all... the sight of a valley of never blinding debauchery; the greatest gift any woman can achieve.

She convinced her husband she didn't like having him in her mouth. However, this was a whole new experience. She felt the need to thank Jax for his oral climax, so she could at least show her thanks by returning the experience. But when is cock entered her mouth, she was in a whole new world. The feel and taste of this man made her want to continue till he pushed her face away from his groin.

They kissed a hungry lust filled kiss and he continued to devour her body with his lips and mouth.

When he entered rubbed the head of his cock over the opening of her body, she removed his hand and finished the task on her own. She wasn't about to be teased by something she wanted so badly.

Jax didn't have to move. Nora reached between them and took control of the situation and finally felt a strange man inside her. The thought never crossed her mind that this stranger was now taking full control of her body and mind. Not her husband, but a man she had met only twice at department functions.

With eyes closed and desire blinding all other feelings, shrouded with joy and exciting new pleasures, Nora just held on to her lover and pulled him repeatedly into her starving body.

##################################################

Let's skip back a few months to where this tale of lust began.

Nora's husband was offered the opportunity to lead a small group of professionals on a training tour. The tour would mean he would be away from home for three weeks, with no coming home for weekends. The man of the house had already decided NOT to accept the assignment. But with the loud disagreement raging at the time between he and his wife... Del had second thoughts about being away from this craziness for three weeks. The break might just do them some good; little did he know.

Now this was important stuff ... Deep down, Del really didn't want to leave his wife alone. He had recently taken on the position of training neighborhood policemen the fine art of getting along with the people they are supposed to serve. So, he was going to have a hard time avoiding this assignment.

At the very minute of the invitation, Nora and Del were in a heated discussion about when they were going to have a serious conversation about starting a family. Del wanted to have kids right away; after all, they have been putting it off for over two years.

Del was the kind of guy that took time to smell the roses and look at a few of them too (Don't read anything nasty into that).

As a patriotic Eagle Scout, Del had service to his fellow man drilled into him from the time his feet hit the floor.

He proudly wore the uniform of a soldier, even after he finished his active duty. As we all know... Uncle Sugar has a long arm. Those arms reached out and put him right back into the middle of firing his weapon and ducking for cover.

But as the desert days and nights got longer and longer, the fear began to grow too. All the while growing blisters on his right hand with thoughts of his wife back in the states on her own. Oh, and there's that trying to rest too, and not get killed in the meantime.

But our hero did make it home to the arms of his Nora. She promised a grand reunion, and he got it. He displayed his purple heart and a couple tour badges with great pride."

There was a job waiting for him and that nice little house, willed to him by his grandmother in the burbs. The house was her dying gift. The proper prenup agreement accompanied the house. Along with the house comes a lawn that needed mowing every week, painting and whatever chores Nora could find waiting for a not so handy man.

He was offered a job that would be a good driving distance from home, but it wasn't in his blood. Shortly, he had little desire to even go to work in the morning. To complicate things even more, his boss didn't know shit from Shanona. This joker was one of those guys that gets an ingrown toenail or a shin splint and can't seem to drag his ass off to protect the rights and privileges that were gifted to him at birth.

Del had finally had enough and went back to his job of protecting and serving. He was welcomed back to the local Police force with great fanfare. Isn't that what he had been doing all along. Yeah.... and he was packing heat again. This is where he belonged.

A couple years after coming home, he'd seen just about everything. But something unusual caught his eye. (unusual might be a little strong), He had been called out to the edge of town to a fight. Normally he wouldn't show up unless there was blood. This time there was blood and plenty of it.

As he made his rounds on the second floor, going from room to room, he kept seeing the same thing or variations on the same thing. There were women; lots of women having sex. But they weren't having sex with their husbands. Their husbands were either sitting or standing, cheering on the guy that was perspiring all over the man's wife. They certainly weren't making love.

This was the exact thing that kept him up at night and kept him alive while on deployment.

The view that night changed the normal part of his routine. When he was on the night shift, before going home, Del would take a drive out to the burbs; just to see if there was anything out of the ordinary going on. He never went into the house, but he wondered time and time again why these people would do this. Then he began remembering the nightmares he had while overseas.

Life, in general, was okay, but there was a noticeable decline in bedroom activity. He wondered if it was important enough to bring up to with Nora. He finally told her what he saw that night and the fact of how the idea of it turned him on. That was all that was said. The subject didn't come up again until.... Let's just say the season's had changed.

Then came a very calm day with peace and comfort in the air. Nora was humming a tune she couldn't seem to get out of her head. And frankly it was a pretty good day for everyone until Del started thinking, thinking about the way HIS life had been going.

Finally, Del spoke. "Would you get upset if asked you a stupid question...?" There was a pause as though he was expecting an answer. "When I was overseas, did you ever take a lover?"

Did the shit ever hit the fan. Nora was on her feet in a flash, Seven 'n Seven flying everywhere. "How could you think that I would cheat on you?" Throwing the empty glass into the yard, Nora began stomping around like someone who was about to meet their maker. "What in the hell made you bring this up? Have I burnt your French fries or forgot to tuck in your side of the bed."

There was a long pause; I do mean long. Del had to know the answer. It had been haunting him for ages. He had never been able to shake the idea of her in bed with another man. What finally tripped the trigger on the "need to know machine?" Was it the fact Nora didn't want kids? Was it his PTSD? Was it the trust that had not fully developed during their young marriage? His mind had been filled with doubts since the minute, two years ago, when his plane hit the runway on his return.

Del finally broke down and confessed to his wife about his visions, thoughts, dreams and nightmares that haunted every moment he was away from her.

It didn't take a brain surgeon to see she had lost weight. She was wearing a more expensive, sexier style of clothing. Hell, she even joined a gym and was still going everyday he hadn't been gone that long. She even hired a body-shaping coach. She looked sexier and tighter. Hell, she had an ass that would bounce a dollar bill a half foot in the air.

"What the hell happened to my wife?" He thought. But he was willing to let time pass and keep his suspicions to himself. But that would only last so long...and as the weeks passed, so did the pressure in his mind.

Again, Del brought up the subject of Nora's Chasity, or lack thereof while he was overseas. Nora spoke this time. "Why do you keep bringing this up? Didn't you trust me?" Del didn't say a thing. He sat there in his wicker chair, sipping his seven 'n seven, and let her have all the ranting and raving she needed to get it out of her system.

"After two years, you're just now asking these stupid questions? You think my panties fell down the minute you left?"

For some reason Del wasn't convinced by the anger in her voice or the rage in her eyes. There seemed to be a little something missing.

"I just asked a simple question. You act like I shot the dog."

There were tears in her eyes now, and they were not tears of anger, but tears of guilt and shame.

Del was really confused now. He opened the proverbial can of worms and he was having feelings of guilt, anger, and doubt. He wondered why in the hell would he ever doubt her? She was his life. She was the only thing he thought about in the makeshift city they set up in a sandstorm. When someone would yell "incoming" it was Nora he was thinking about. Could she ever forgive him for being such an ass?

Nora ran into the house and all Del could do was wallow in the shame and grief he caused. He sat down the empty glass and went searching for his wife, hoping for her forgiveness.

Nora was in the bedroom with a pillow pulled up over her head to muffle the sound of her crying.

Del sat down beside her. "Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ruin such a perfect day. But you have to understand I was going crazy every minute I was away from you. All I ever thought about was you. Now I come home, and I'm faced with the same shit every day."

"What do you mean? I'm not cheating on you. I admit I've thought about it a couple times when you were being such an ass. But that's all I did was think about it." She dried the tears from her face. "You might as well know the truth." The tears stopped. "The second tour you did overseas, I was at a party with the office staff, and I had a little too much to drink, and I ended up in bed with Jackson Fellows. He was being transferred and the party was for him."

"Isn't that the guy that you keep referring to as Jax?"

"Sounds like he had a good night and a goodbye." There was a pause, and Del broke out laughing. "I'm not going to kick you to the curb woman. My God, I was going thru the same thing you were. I started out having dreams that turned into nightmares. Then the nightmares got so vivid, they started turning me on. It was the craziest thing in the world. It was something so strong, you just have to learn to accept it, or it will get you killed." There was a long pause as Del gave Nora plenty of time to take in what he was saying.

She had been keeping this from him for so long. The guilt of what she had done was finally getting easier to carry in her mind. Now it was out in the open, it was somewhere between relief and freedom from a terrible burden haunting her days and nights. "Honey.... There is something you ought to know. Jax is back in town."

"I know. He does the same job as me. We sometimes work together." Del paused. "He's the guy that has been relieving me for over a year."

"What happened? Did he miss his mommy?" Del was still grinning, but he could see something in his wife's face that clearly added new meaning to the conversation.

"No, he asked for his old job back when they shut down the security company he was working for."

Del, looking at his wife as if there was more to the story of his return, decided not to ask if she and Jax were still an item. It turns out that Del was letting his mind get too far out in front of what was happening. "Are you saying I have competition for your affections? Or are you going to tell me I have nothing to worry about when it comes to our relationship?"

Nora turned away from her husband and pressed her face into the pillow from the bed. That was all the answer Del needed.

"Well, you're not going to understand this, but because of the problem I've been having since I came home, all the overtime I've been working I was going to ask you if you wanted to have sex with another man?

"You have got to be out of your mind." Nora practically knocked Del off the bed, she sat up so fast. "You want me to have sex with another man? You're crazy!"

"I don't think I'm crazy. I'm just giving you permission to continue what you're already doing." Del stood from the side of the bed and went back to the chair.

"Last Monday, I wanted to get rid of some junk that I was going to see if anyone had a use for. So, I gathered it all up and took it to the spare bedroom." Again, Del paused long enough so his statement could be completely understood "You know what I found in that room?" Another silent pause from Del. "I'll tell you anyway." Del waited for the expression on his wife's face to turn from defiance to panic.

"I found that my wife that I bragged about to anyone for years who would listen, has been cheating on me. And she was cheating on me in a way she thought I would never catch her. She was sleeping with and fucking the man that was supposed to be my relief at work. Only they both knew that I was pulling his shift while he was giving you his high hard one...."

Nora began to cry again.

"Just so you'll know, your lover is a typical man, he likes to brag to his buddies. He told some of the guys in the office that he was seeing a woman that gave the best head ever." Del paused and looked into the disbelief on his wife's face. "I wish I could say the same thing, but my wife doesn't give me head."

Again, there was silence.

"How long have you been seeing him behind my back?" Del asked, fearing he already knew her response. His cold body was now morphing into burning pain. When she failed to respond, Del released his grip on her shoulder and stood to leave the room.

Before leaving, he stood in the doorway and gazed back at the shuddering figure of his wife. "How could he survive without her?" He silently thought. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and let life go on as before. But he had forced himself into the secret life his wife was now living.

What was he going to do? Strangely.... his well-being was not the first thing to cross his mind. His first thoughts were of Nora. What was she going to do? Even with the closeness of any married couple, there were many extenuating circumstances. Circumstances he had yet revealed to the cheating wife.

Confused and wondering if it was anger, he was feeling, or was it the thoughts of his wife's dishonest affair. Maybe the dreams and nightmares of his days and nights in the desert. The place where only the dreams of his wife could fill his thoughts. He stepped out onto the porch with a new drink in his hand, sat down to watch the night as his thoughts were how was he going to decide his fate, and what would that fate look like.

Minutes soon turned into a carousel of questions he couldn't answer on their own. Once he could withstand the effect of one issue, another popped up. The drink wasn't helping, and there seemed to be no way for him to be able to totally grasp the situation. He could pack up and leave, which is what men with a real backbone would do, or he could just face it; somehow live with it. Become the cuckold she obviously always wanted.

12