Rocky Raccoon Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Scouts had done a good job and we talked it over. Traditional wisdom said attack at dawn while people were half-asleep. We were going the other way. We were going to attack an hour before sunset. We figured they would be relaxed, thinking they had made it through the day, eating their suppers, without weapons at the ready.

They put Dark Horse in charge of any stray warriors and guards. They were to be killed as quickly and quietly as possible. I decided to go along in case it got hot and they needed the backup of my rifle. We did catch a few warriors riding in late. They all got multiple arrows through their chest and heads and died with a minimum of noise. Then we took out the horse herd guards, boys too young to be warriors but were old enough to be guards. They weren't supposed to engage, but high-tail it back to the village and raise the alarm. We managed to get all of them but one.

We hazed the herd in the general direction of the village. The hoses didn't like our smell, knowing we were strangers, and were more than willing to move away from us.

One boy who couldn't have been more than thirteen or fourteen popped up from behind a log and put an arrow through one of ours before turning and running for the village screaming his head off. That was the signal and I fired a few rounds into the air while our group started screaming and yelling. The horses took off at a gallop, catching up to the boy about halfway down the hill. I saw him go down under the hooves. There wasn't much left when we rode by.

The herd hit the village with the force of an avalanche. Women and children were screaming while the warriors tried to get their weapons and the horses they'd kept in camp. A few succeeded, but were no match for our firepower. Tipis toppled and a few caught fire. The chaos was hard to describe. A few warriors managed to get mounted, but they were swept away by the crush of the herd.

The rest of our group were off in pursuit while Skunk, Dark Horse, me, and a warrior named Walks Badly (he had a limp) stayed behind. We found a few dead and wounded warriors and they scalped them all, killing the ones who were wounded. We were about to turn when I heard what sounded like a baby crying. I followed the sound to a creek bank and there, crowded in a slight depression, five women and about six children ranging from six down to the baby I heard crying were hiding.

They looked up at us terrified, thinking they were going to die. If the rest of the band had been there it would have been a foregone conclusion, but I guess they were lucky in that they got us. We ordered them to come out and they did, singing the squaw and children's version of a death song.

All but one. She was looking at us with pure hatred in her eyes, holding a big butcher knife in one hand and a baby in the other. I tried to reason with her, but she either didn't understand me or she wasn't buying it and took a swipe at me.

I stopped talking and popped her on the side of the head and she almost dropped the baby. I grabbed it and the knife at the same time and got out carrying the baby. She had no choice but to follow because of her child.

We had no idea how many we'd killed or how fast the remaining warriors could regroup, so we set about pulling useable stuff out of the fallen tipis and mounding it into a pile. Skunk finally got them to understand they needed to grab as many things as they could as fast as they could. By the time they were done, they looked like pack animals. Walks Badly rounded up a few horses and fashioned simple bridles for them. We put them on horses, one adult and child per horse. We had one left over, a little girl of about three, so I put her in front of me. We had them tied to the horses so they wouldn't get cute.

We made a slow sweep around the horses that had scattered after the stampede and tried our best to judge them in the dark. We were pushing about forty head when we left.

After about two or three hours, we stopped for the night. The prisoners were given food and water and I gave the kids a bit of candy I carried in my bags. They were all too young to understand they were supposed to hate us, so they settled down pretty quick. The squaws were restrained after they had eaten, but still managed to form a ring around the children as they slept. Each of us took a couple of hours of watch duty.

I got the shift right before dawn. The prisoners seemed to be sleeping well and I did cover the little girl up. The woman with the knife popped an eye open and stared but didn't move. An hour later they started stirring. The little girl stood up, recognized me and toddled over. I was sitting on a rock watching our back trail and when she reached, I picked her up. Soon she was snuggled into my arms singing in her little girl voice. It was soft and low so I let her, thinking it might give her comfort.

After everyone was up, we turned the women loose to attend to their needs and start breakfast. if they were ashamed to urinate in front of Walks Badly, their need got them over it. There wasn't a lot and I made sure the children ate first. The squaws were looking at me strangely as the little girl played with my blond hair.

The main group caught up with us the next day, pushing about a hundred head of horses, loaded down with loot and scalps. The War Chief told us what happened after we left.

"It was a good raid. We killed forty warriors and have no idea how many got wounded. The rest ran for the hills and we didn't have enough warriors to take the time to hunt for them, so we pulled back to the village and burned everything that wasn't worth taking. We would have sported with the women that returned but we didn't have time. Instead, we got them to understand if they didn't leave our village alone, the next time we showed up no one would survive."

"What'll happen to them?"

Skunk looked sad. "It's high summer. They'll have to scramble to get as much as they can put back for winter and build new tipis. They'll have to hunt and tan the hides for the tipi coverings and sleeping robes. I don't think there's enough game in the area to sustain them through the winter. At best, there will be a starving time before spring comes and some will probably freeze. Add to that we probably killed or took most of their horses, and without horses out here you ain't diddly. This bunch is lucky. Most will find a man to take in them and the kids. Braves are always looking for new wives. Some may end up being slaves, but they will be taken care of if they work good and mind their manners. You get two."

"What?!"

"We found them so we each get one with another left over. We've talked it over and decided you get the extra and whatever kids are attached to them because you found them and can probably afford them better than us. Just so you know, the mean one was the extra. Better break her in good, boy, or you'll have to sleep with one eye open."

"The same goes for the horses and the stuff we salvaged. It comes to about twelve horses apiece."

Curiosity got me. "How will we divvy them up?"

Dark Horse and Walks Badly are going to put one rock in a bag, two in another and so on until we have enough bags. Then me or you will have our back turned and Dark Horse will point at a bag and ask you who gets that one until we all have a bag. If you get one rock you go first and if you get four rocks you go last. Each picks one horse at a time in order until they're gone. It's fair and no one can be accused of playing favorites."

"How would we do the women?"

"Same thing. If you get four rocks, you're probably not going to get the cream of the crop. When it's over there will probably be a little trading, but you get what you get in the end. I'm gonna pick Walks Slow. She got good lines and the little boy proves she's a good breeder. Besides, all my wives have given me so far is girls. It will be nice to have a son."

"And the women are all right with this?"

Skunk looked a little sad. "It's the way of their world. It could have been a lot worse. We could have killed them out of hand. We could have made them community property and all the bucks could sample them anytime they want for as often as they want and their future would be uncertain, at best. This way is best and they understand that, especially the ones with children. A woman will sacrifice a lot to keep her children safe."

I thought about that as we rode. Wonder what Doe Eyes was going to think of me showing up with at least two women and a child or two? Would she accept it? I knew the braves ruled the roost but every man knows regardless of culture that if their woman isn't happy, no one is happy.

The day before we got back to our village, we did the choosing. I was lucky in that my bag had two rocks. That meant I went second so I got some pretty good horses. I chose a middle-aged woman who seemed willing and compliant, thinking she would be a good helper to Doe Eyes.

Of course, I got Mean Woman and her infant. I looked her over, judging her like I would a horse. She had good lines, seemed strong, and had a lot of spirit. Her teeth were good and she was attractive, high cheekbones, straight nose, dark eyes, and long flowing hair.

I got Skunk to help me talk to her. "All right, I'm not gonna fool around. You give me any grief at all and I'll sell you to the highest bidder. I don't know if they will want the child or not, and if they don't you know what will happen to it. You behave yourself, obey me when I tell you something and we'll get along fine. There won't be any second chances. Or I'll give you a choice. If you can't follow these rules, I'll make your death swift and try to find the baby a home."

I wasn't smiling and I saw the growing terror in her eyes. It was one thing to act defiant, but it was another entirely to risk the life of her child. Mother's instinct trumps anger, I guess, because she nodded and sank to her knees before me, signifying her agreement.

I also got the little girl that had attached herself to me, because none of the women was her mother. The other woman, Smiles A Lot, was almost beside herself trying to please me, throwing off her dress to let me inspect her body. She looked pretty good for her age. She had a little boy of about seven who was part of the package. My life was getting a lot more complicated.

Wanting them to make a good impression, I took them down to the river and found a little pool that gave us some privacy. I pulled out the soap and comb I carried and made them understand I wanted them to take a bath by stripping off and wading into the river and soaping up. Smiles A Lot tittered behind her hand as she inspected me. Mean Woman didn't say anything, but her eyes gave her away.

Smiles a lot and the boy were out of their clothes in a flash. I took the soap and washed Smiles A Lots' hair. She must have liked it the way she kept grinding back against me. I naturally responded to her and was standing at full mast when she was done. Looking at Mean Woman she said something and tugged me by my erection around a little curve. She had me sit on a rock and she leaned over and took me into her mouth. I hadn't had a woman do that to me since I was robbed when I first started out and saved Vivian. Nancy absolutely refused to do it, declaring it 'nasty', but she wanted me to do her. She stayed pissed for days when I refused.

When I thought I couldn't take anymore, she rose up and turned around, sinking me into her in slow thrusts. She was hot and tight, which made me think she didn't do it much before. Soon she was bouncing up and down faster and faster and her whimpers went to moans and then small screams. I think she came twice before I could stand no more, gripping her hips and pulling her onto me as deep as I could. She gave another little shriek and collapsed against me. She may have been in her late thirties (not as old as I first thought) but she was a hell of a lover.

After a bit she got off me and giggled as my essence started running down her leg. She squatted down in the water and cleaned herself up, using the opportunity to take me in her mouth again. I was almost hard again when she stopped and tugged me back around the bend.

Mean Woman had taken advantage of our absence to get into the water. Her physical beauty was a sight to behold. She cringed a little when she saw me, then straightened her shoulders and looked me in the eye. Smiles took her son and baby and disappeared back towards camp.

I took the soap out of her hands and washed her hair, making her stay still with small swats to her bottom. When it was clean and rinsed, I made her stand still while I washed her back and bottom. She was stiff as a board before relaxing. There at the end I think she thrust her ass back while I rubbed it. She surprised me by turning around and thrusting her impressive chest out. I took the challenge and washed them thoroughly, taking a nipple in my mouth and nipping it slightly. Her breath caught in her throat and she leaned forward. When I changed nipples, her hand went to my head, pulling me into her gently. Then she took my hand and guided it down to her sex. I immediately explored it, rubbing the little nub at the front and making her squeal. The squeal turned into a moan when I slid three fingers inside her. I was a little startled when she reached down and grabbed my cock, but she was exploring instead of hurting. Finally, she pushed me back and waded out of the stream, lying down on some moss and spreading her legs.

We may have had communication problems, but I knew what she wanted. Thanks to Smiles I was able to last a long time, and I think she appreciated it. When I was finally spent, I slid to her side and she immediately snaked a leg over me and placed my hand on her breast. We lay for a while before rinsing off again and walking back to the camp.

The warriors were grinning to beat the band and Skunk laughed. "Well, mon ami, it looks like you figured a way to keep them in line."

I blushed furiously but grinned back.

........................

We came back to the camp hailed as heroes. The villagers exclaimed over the horses and the loot and watched keenly as the women were paraded down the path.

Doe Eyes came running out to meet me with joy in her eyes. Then she saw the captives and her face fell. She looked up a few seconds later and her smile was back but I saw the fear and uncertainty in her face. Was I replacing her? Would she still be the Number One wife?

I jumped from the saddle and embraced her, sweeping her off her feet and twirling her around. Then I kissed every square inch of her I could reach. In the end she was giggling and pounding me to let her go, but not too hard.

That evening after everything settled, I took Doe Eyes to Skunk so she could be sure of what I was saying. "These women will not be sister wives and I have no use for slaves. I have all the woman I can handle with you. I thought we'd keep Smiles A Lot for you as a helper. We need to get Mean Woman married off as quickly as possible. I will depend on you, your brother and Skunk to guide me along. Do you understand?"

It started out a small smile but ended up a full-blown grin by the time I was done. "I hear and obey, husband. Smiles will be a good companion in the winter while you are off doing white man business. Her name is not Mean Woman, it is Bluebird, and I do not like the way she looks at you. She is already plotting to become your primary wife. We should get rid of her as quickly as possible."

That told me two things. Doe Eyes was a lot smarter than I gave her credit for and she knew I would be leaving soon. That, and she understood the complexities of village life far better than I ever would.

Doe Eyes and a few of the wives took Bluebird and Smiles with them to gather berries, and by the time they returned I think all parties knew the situation. It still didn't stop Bluebird from trying to seduce me again. She'd strip at the slightest opportunity, and I'd look at her and remember the delights she had given me. Then I looked at Doe Eyes and all thoughts of other women went away.

I stayed another three weeks. I figured Tex would be moving the herd back to the Dakotas and I'd tarried long enough. When I told Doe Eyes I wanted her to come with me, she refused. "I don't think I can live in your world. This village is all I've ever known. You will come back in the spring and fall and that will be enough. I know you left money with Skunk and have made half the village promise to watch over me. Now, husband, love me hard enough to last until you come back."

I tried. I tried to the point it was a little painful sitting in the saddle. I left all the horses except the little black stallion. He would be all I needed and my friends assured me they would keep them safe for me.

Surprising me, half the braves decided to escort me a ways when I left. Doe Eyes came along and I had her sitting in front of me, her favorite horse trailing along. When we were a days' ride from a small town, they stopped. I took advantage of the situation by getting Skunk to ride into town with me.

I checked with the telegraph operator to see if I had any messages. There were two from the Pinkertons. The ex and her lover were seen in two towns and seemed to be heading west. They would update me when they had more information. Another was from Tex, saying where he'd be in three weeks. He was about three days away.

The telegrams established me as a man of means and I took advantage, laying in as many supplies as I could get. I let them think it was for the trail drive so it didn't generate much attention. I justified the candy by saying my crew had a notorious sweet tooth. I turned it all over to Doe Eyes, making sure nothing was distributed without her agreement. The braves mumbled until Dark Horse laughed. "Do you really think she would let our people want for anything? This just make sure it isn't all used up quickly."

I spent one more night with my wife and friends. I was gone before the sun peaked over the horizon the next morning with the memory of Doe Eyes' tears seared into my brain.

Dark Horse rode with me for a couple of hours before pulling up just below a ridge. "I leave you now. I wonder what my life would have been like if I had been a little quieter or a little faster? I think it would not have been a good thing. Fighting beside you I gained honor and status. I have become well off enough to support more than one wife, and Cottonwood thinks Bluebird will be a good addition."

He had been struck by her beauty from the beginning, and Doe Eyes was shrewd enough to know it would be a good thing to get her out of our tipi as quickly as possible. She sang her brother's praises to Bluebird as often as possible and kept pointing out to Dark Horse what a good worker and fine-looking woman she was. Pretty soon they began sitting together at meals, and he took her for a ride once. No one thought she would run back to her tribe. For one thing, they'd catch her in less than a day's ride. Even if she made it back there was a pretty good chance her husband was dead and the rest of the tribe would think her damaged goods. She faced a life of being passed from brave to brave until they tired of her and then she'd have to scavenge to try to feed herself, much less her baby. She wasn't going anywhere.

Bluebird talked to Doe Eyes, ashamed she had no family to provide a dowry for her. Doe Eyes laughed. "You think my husband would allow shame to come to our home? You will go to your husband with everything a good wife needs to care for her husband, plus enough horses to make you very valuable."

Dark Horse was getting a wife and eight horses. It was a really good deal, although I think when he looked at Bluebird he rarely thought of horses.

Just before we parted I gave him a final gift: the ten-gauge shotgun I'd picked up along with four boxes of shells. It was a single barrel because the merchant didn't have any doubles, but it was still an impressive weapon. With the Dragoon and the old rifle, he was pretty well heeled for an Indian. I hoped he never had to use them except to feed his family.