Rocky Raccoon Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He took my hint and had the bellhop who fetched him get my bags. As I was being led away I heard he demand in a cold voice that the clerk join him in his office. I saw him the next day with the pillbox hat the bellhops wore on his head, unloading luggage from a cab. He glanced up and if looks would kill I'd have been dead on the floor in seconds.

The bath was refreshing and I blended in much better with the bespoke suit I'd had tailored for me in New Orleans. Anton remembered me, coming out to visit after I was seated, promising we'd have a coffee when the diners wound down. Then he produced a five course meal that was probably the best food I'd ever eaten.

Over a cup of rich coffee and an almond torte that melted in my mouth we caught up. When I told him I'd have a guest tomorrow night, Mrs. Hanna Jones, I really think he almost swooned. She was the grand doyen of Memphis society. Just the fact that she dined there would raise the reputation of the hotel immensely. Anton told me later he didn't sleep a wink all night and was up at six to hit the markets for the very best ingredients.

No one knew it but Mrs. Jones and I had someone in common. Dan Bradshaw. He had seduced her daughter several years back and tried to talk her into taking as much of value as she could and leaving with him. Sarah was in love but she wasn't quite that gullible. Instead she told her mother she had strong feelings for the man and would be leaving with him. She was 19. Mrs. Jones to her credit didn't have a fit or scream at her daughter. She called some friends, friends who had other friends more than capable of handling the situation. Bradshaw managed to escape on a stolen horse, beaten badly and shot twice. Most assumed he would die and no one went looking for him.

Two years afterward Sarah received a letter from Bradshaw in which he stated he was the victim of a random and senseless act and had to flee to save his life. He was recovered now and would very much like to see her. He suggested a time and place and she dutifully showed up. With six armed guards. Bradshaw, lurking in the shadows, fled. Enraged he sent her a very nasty letter, pomising her a fate worth than death when he caught her. The letter described in great detail the things that would be inflicted on her. She read it and got violently sick. Her mother contacted the police and they put out a warrant for him but until he was caught in their jurisdiction there was little they could do.

Mrs. Jones was a handsome woman in her forties, a widow of fifteen years. Her husband had been one of the richest men in the state and she was not destitute when they married. Her wealth had expanded exponentially and she was probably one of the most wealthy and influential women in the state and the East Coast. She had friends among the elite of the South and was on a first name basis with all the politicians from the mayor to the President.

She was also friends with my patrons in New Orleans, drawn into their orbit by their mutual hatred of Bradshaw. Once they became acquainted they ventured into mutually beneficial business deals. Gaston had custom built and helped set up a sawmill for her. It seemed she owned large tracts of timber in three states and needless to say the sawmill gave her a distinct advantage over her competitors.

I bowed and kissed her hand in my best New Orleans trained fashion. She was not expecting it and giggled before she caught herself. "One can tell you are a disciple of Gaston Dupree and his band of miscreants. Tell me, did they send you to that special finishing school run by Marie Delacriox? I see by your blush that you attended. I hope she gave you good marks."

I ressponded by saying I took advantage of every educational situation I found myself in and had learned many things. The giggle returned.

Hanna Jones may be in her mid forties but looked much younger until you got a closer view. Her body was trim and well proportioned but one could never tell just how much of her figure was beholden to a corset. The tiny little wrinkles around her eyes were visible even with her makeup, and her hands were the hands of a woman her age, not those of a debutant. Despite all that for any age she was an attractive woman. She bore my examination grinning.

"Gaston told me you noticed everything and I see he was right. I'm well aware of how much my age shows but I'll let you in on a secret. I don't care. Of course I have the vanity of every woman over her appearance so I take good care and work with what God gives me."

"Aggie also told me how handsome you were. I thought them prone to exxageration until we met. You are devilishly good looking Mr. McGill. Everyone ever tell you that? Ooh! I see by your blush no one has ever put it in those words. Well, I have no reason to lie to you. And your hair! Women around the world would kill for a mane like that!"

By now I had a deep blush and she thought it amusing. "Modest as well I see. I'm going to enjoy your company very much. At least I hope so."

I tried to stay on subject but she continued to flirt and I gave up knowing she would give me the information she had in her own good time. Then I surprised her by flirting back. I had two bourbons while she polished off a bottle of sherry.

It got late and I rose. Instead of leading me to the door she led me to her bedroom. "I will not be able to sleep until I run my fingers through that delicious hair."

She kissed me with abandon, one hand fondling my locks the whole time. Then she grabbed me by my tie and pulled me inside, slamming the door. Her corset was indeed laced very tightly, hiding surprisingly large breasts and a slight bulge around her waistline. Her pubic hair was a mass of red curls, soft and inviting. Her hips were round, her thighs a little thick and as I discovered tremendously muscled as she wrapped them around me. I gave my best effort using every trick Marie taught me. When my tongue hit her little nub she screamed and arched so high I thought she may have sprang my neck. I nibbled and stroked her through two more before turning loose, rising up and entering her in one smooth motion. Hanna let out a tremendous grunt that truned into a continual sound, getting higher and higher pitched as she got closer to release. He scream had she not hidden it in a pillow would have waken dogs for a mile radius. She flopped down bonelessly while I continued to pound.

I stopped, flipped her over on to her knees and continued with renewed purpose. She was making unintelligible sounds as I tried my best to drive her through the mattress. When I finally reached my climax I flooded her. It had been a while for me and I guess it built up.

Slipping off I lay beside her, stroking her smooth bottom while she came down. She gasped. "That...that was most excellent, sir! Your tutors are to be commended."

"I prefer to think your charms inspired me to do my best. And if I may saw, your skills exceed anytrhing I've ever encountereed."

She wriggled against me and smiled. "Years of diligent practice. I know my nickname among the masses is 'The Old Whore Of High Street' but I do not care. I'm financially stable and need not be beholden to anyone so if I want to indulge my hobby I will. Some paint. Some collect. I fuck. Everyone has to be good at something, right?"

"I believe Madame, that you qualify as expert in your field."

She cooed and started stroking my cock. It did not take me long to respond and she surprised me by getting into the doggy position again. "Before we start, I have something to ask. I took the Grand Tour a few years ago and spent some time in Greece. They are very relaxed about sex and very inventive. Have you ever enjoyed a woman's bottom before, Mr. McGill? If it offends you we....Ooomph!"

She stopped talking and started moaning as I slid one, then two fingers in her bottom using our fluids from before as lubricant. She was soon moaning and swaying her hip as she gasped. "Night stand. Lotion." I found the small bottle of scented lotion and poured a liberal amount on my cock. She was tighter than I expected and it took ten minutes before I was fully inside her and she moaned the whole time. I almost pulled out once but she must have sensed it and reached around to grab my hip and urge me on. Thanks to the first round I lasted a respectable time while she moaned and wailed into her pillow, I could feel her hand underneath us furiously rubbing her sex. Hanna had at least three orgasms before I could hold back no longer.

We fell back in mutual exhaustion lying side by side. After a respectable recovery time she got me out of bed and took water and soap from a basin, cleaaning me thoroughly. She even licked it after she was done to make sure , suprised when I lurched. She pulled back laughing. "I promise that will happen the next time we're together. Now, I need for you to leave. Appearances and all that. I will see you again at dinner this evening. Thank you for a lovely time."

Her kiss was soft and tender at the door. I grinned all the way back to the hotel.

.........................................................................................

I rose later than normal for me, ate a quick breakfast in the dining room and asked for the nearest livery. I had some people I wanted to see and I preferred a horse over cabs. I was directed to a stable that had a relationship with the hotel and chose a grey gelding with clean lines. He looked fit for anything I had in mind. The hostler warned me he could be a 'little frisky' so I was ready when he tired his tricks. I stayed in the saddle and gave him a couple of whacks with the reins between his ears and he relaxed.

I rode the streets, familiarizing myself with the layout of the town. I already knew where the gambling dens were clustered along the river, and the more semi-resapectable ones along the side streets. The Gentlemen's Clubs on the more prominent thoroughfares were private and available only though membership or fromal invitation. I found myself in the business district and in front of the office I sought. I was expected so I was shown right in and seated in a very well appointed room resembling more of a parlour than a business setting. In less than a minute a tall man entered briskly. His whole demeanor spoke of barely contained energy but he was not unfriendly. "Mr. McGill. A pleasure to meet you. Your friends speak well of you. Since you asked for this appointment I surmise that you require something from me. How may I be of service?"

I rose and returned his firm handshake. "Mr. McIntyre, I beleive we have a mutual acquantance. Dan Bradshaw."

The pleasant look slipped off of his face, revealing the grim contenance that made him so successful in business. "I am assuming you do not count Bradshaw as a friend?"

"I do not."

"Good. Come into my office. Becker, have coffee brought in and leave us. Make sure no one disturbs us until we are done. Understand?"

Becker looked stricken. "Sir, you have a meeting in twenty minutes."

"Tell them I am unavoidably detained and should be along shortly. If they can't wait give them my apologies and try to reschedule."

"Sir, I do not wish to disturb your business. Perhaps I could come..."

"That won't be necessary. The conversation won't take long."

When we had the cups in our hands and were comfortable he asked for my story. I told him leaving nothing out. He sighed. "Your wife makes four in the last six years that he has lured away from their husbands. He killed two, wounded you, and has turned the women into whores and sells them to the highest bidders. There are at least two more factions besides yourself who are tracking them. The man is slippery as an eel, slithering and wiggling away just when you think you have him.

As for my interest, my son was engaged to Miss Jones until Bradshaw came along. They met art the theater and within four months had captivated her. When Hanna started looking into him he knew he was in danger so he fled. Before he did, he met my son, taunted him about how much he had taught Miss Jones in the bedroom and how there was no need to thank him. An altercation ensued and my son was blinded in one eye, his right arm broken, and his nose smashed. He had henchmen with him who held revovlers on everyone as he made his escape."

It hurt when I told him Bradshaw had recently been in town and he swore like a drunk sailor. "So damn close. Despite his evil ways the man has a set of balls! He knows what will happen if we catch him! The sheer ego is appaling."

I told him I had the Pinkertons watching out for him and promised to send all their reports to him. In turn he agreed to share his information with me and wanted to know if I'd like to share the expense of the Pinkertons. "Not necessary sir. I have the means and it will keep them more focused on the task at hand if they don't have to answer to two masters. I will see you get everything as it comes in." His offer to assist any way he could was sincere and he promised to see me again in a more relaxed setting.

I thought about the situation that afternoon while I sat at the hotel bar. The way the man operated told me he didn't fear much. It was like he was protected by the Gods or something. Then it hit me. What if he was protected? Not by any Gods but by men. I'd found out enough about Bradshaw to know he'd come up through the slums of Chicago working his way up to chief shoulder striker of a major politician/crime boss. He probably learned a lot and made like minded friends on the way. What if the criminal element of most of the cities he frequented were protecting him, warning him when his pursuit got too close? It was worth investigating. I thought about wiring the Pinkertons but anyone can listen in on a telegraph, so I wrote them a long detailed letter and asked them to pursue my new suspicions. It wouldn't happen quickly but prying ears would not be privy to anything. I also requested they come up with a code so when we did use the telegraph no one listening would know the true conversation. Then i had the letter couriered to the mail boat, catching it just as it left. It would be a couple of weeks before I got a response but I was patient.

Hanna was an enjoyable dinner companion and regardless of what people thought of her private life they never hesitated to fawn over her in public. I could tell she enjoyed it greatly and introduced me to everyone as a friend up from New Orleans pursuing business interests. She called Anton out from the kitchen and gave him a glowing report on an excellent meal. She was a little louder than normal and there was no doubt in my mind it would be next to impossible to get a reservation before the week was out.

We concluded the dinner a little early and she told me she had a previous committment before introducing me to a man over coffee. "This is James Madison and before you ask he is a direct descendant. He's big in the construction business and my lumberyards do quite a lot of business with him. He would like for you to join him at his club for some conversation and a friendly game of cards. You do know how to play cards, do you not?"

I'm sure she knew about my lessons but I just grinned. "Oh, I've played some while I was out West but never seriously. This will be just a friendly game, right?"

Madison was almost salivating and I saw the twinkle in Hanna's eye. "James, you must be gentle with my friend. Let him win once in a while. All right?"

He bowed and said he could not predict the fall of the cards. We proceeded to his club. It was nicely appointed but had an air of faded elegance. I had a feeling it was not a top tier club but the drinks were generous, the servants polite, and the patrons were friendly. They managed to get three stiff drinks in me before mentioning a game, something to kill a couple hours on before retiring for the evening.

I blundered through the first dozen or so hands and managed to win twice. I estimated that besides Mr. Madison there were two more professionals at the table. Myself and the other three were meant to be the suckers. After about an hour I started screwing with them, dealing a winning hand to the biggest loser and giving the professionals enough to keep them in. The man dragged in a big enough pot that he was almost even again. The next time it was my deal the second biggest loser won. A more modest pot but it kept the cardsharps' winnings much lower than they expected by this time of night.

We all decided that three more hands and we would call it a night. Two of the sharps dealt themselves a winning hand but all but two dropped out early on the first so the pot was small. I got a full house in the first five cards and shocked the dealer by folding. He still managed to manipulate the cards and won a decent pot. Then it was my turn. "Last hand, gentlemen. Want to make it intersting and double the stakes?"

The hustlers were all for it but two of the regulars decided just to call it a night. I offered to return to the regular stakes but one of the brothers quitting grinned. "That's quite all right. The cards have run more oddly tonight than in any other game I've ever played in. I would like to stay and watch if you don't mind."

Nobody objected. I gave each of the sharks a big pair in the hole and a nothing card up. I dealt myself the ace of diamonds up and bet. Every shark raaised and the other man folded. The fourth card I dealt gave them all three of a kind and they all raised the limit. I dealt myself the four of diamonds. The next card was a nothing for everyone but the raises still flew fast and furious. I gave one four of a kind, another a full house, and the other got a trash card. I got the duece of diamonds. Everyone put me on having a flush and bet like mad. On the last down card I gave the other two four of a kind. The betting was fast and furious and by the time it was done there was almost five thousand dollars in the pot. The first flipped his cards and showed four tens and reached for the pot. The second told him to stop and flipped over four jacks. Madison hooted and dropped his four kings and reached to drag the money in.

"Don't you want to see what I have?"

He must have felt magnanomous because he pulled back. I carefully laid down a ace through five straight flush, beating them all. There was stunned silence around the table and the man who sat out grinned. "Glad I wasn't in that mess. That's the damdest run of cards I've ever seen."

By now the hustlers knew they had been outsharked and were trying to figure out a way to expose me without exposing themselves. Before they could come up with anything I had the money bagged up. I bought the house two rounds of drinks and tipped the staff well. The sharks were watching for me to leave and came rushing out behind me. I think they were surprised to see me standing under a street light grinning. They charged me and I could see the short club in one's hand, the glint of brass knuckles on another, and Madison was holding his hand low. I suspected he had a knife. They came rushing up screaming about what they were going to do to me. I let them get about fifteen feet away before I cocked the No. 2 S&W I'd had modified into a snubnose and wore in a custom holster hooked to the waistband of my pants just before my suspender button.

They were smart enough to stop when they heard the clicks. I imagine the barrel of that .44 looked pretty big in the gaslight. "What were you boys saying?"

One turned to run and I aimed my pistol. "Move another step and I'll shoot you in the leg. Then I'll stand over you and put a bullet in both hands. Think you could continue your profession then?"

They started begging and I shushed them. "I tell you what. I'll not kill you if you tell me who protects Dan Bradshaw while he's in town. Lie and say you don't know and I'll shoot you anyway."