Rogeringham

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As they were staying with us at Rogeringham Hall, he joined me for a brandy afterwards.

Away from the other wedding guests, Brunton, was quite different, he still seemed to be uncomfortable, but he was more relaxed. We chatted for a while, and he admitted that initially he was sceptical of Henry, having never really known him. That he had risen as far as he had - to the position of my assistant, before his inheritance, had come as a shock. That I had allowed him to marry my sister was an even bigger shock.

"I hope that you will forgive me saying so, Your Grace," he began, and his tone was completely respectful, "But surely Lady Caroline might have made a better match than my brother, however highly you regard him."

I suppose I should have expected it, that more conventional members of our society would view my willingness to allow my sisters to marry as they wished and not exert more control over the unions (that is - marry them off to gain advantage from the match), with suspicion and caution. I ignored it - in a way.

I explained to Sir Walter, that I had done exactly what it was that I was supposed to do - the unions were my decision to make, and I had made those decisions. The difference was that where many fathers - and older brothers - would have simply married the girl off where and when they thought fit, I had simply taken a very close account of my sisters' wishes in making my decisions.

"And anyway," I said, "In Henry's case I was quite happy to allow him to marry my sister, because he had achieved his success entirely on his own merits, his inheritance had merely enabled events better."

Lady Brunton, who joined us at that point, with my mother, declared that she had never seen a couple that looked more fitted to be together.

"My wife is a very good judge of character, Your Grace, more so than I am," Brunton admitted sheepishly, "She was very impressed by Henry, and of course Lady Caroline. I should have listened to her earlier."

"Well, perhaps that is another reason to celebrate the day then." I declared, raising a glass in Lady Brunton's direction, "A rapprochement between two brothers. Your brother is a good man and an honourable one, as I am sure you will discover."

87. A birthday present

My birthday present, as delivered by my mother on the actual day, or rather evening of my birthday, was Helena, herself, with Margaret and Louise. A full night of erotic and lascivious exertions that was.

We shared an intimate meal in my room and then retired to bed. Straight away we fell to fucking.

At one point I made Margaret and Louise repeat their 'play' of how they had progressed from watching 'Stable-yard Mary' to the time when they convinced Helena to be allowed to tend to my manly needs while she was away at her brother's house when her father was ill.

Once again, they took to their parts with gusto, and soon Helena and I were enjoying their erotic presentation, their mimicry of lusty stable boys, and amorous maids, and finally their marvellous portrayal of the 'conversation with Helena (who watched it dumb-founded at the skill - and some of the half-truths with which it was embroidered).

We laughed so hard that my mother had tears in her eyes and at the end she joined me in proclaiming it a masterpiece of acting. The twins were very pleased by that, and as a reward for our lavish praise, they offered Helena and I, full use of their bodies, in any way we wished.

Helena enjoyed having both of them worship her cunny, while I took turn-about on their quims, first Louise and then Margaret, and then back to Louise and so on. My mother, as you are surely aware by now, loves having her pussy licked, and she surrendered herself to their attentions, squealing in delight, and writhing in pleasure. I spent early, with the erotic vision in front of me, I shot cum all over Margaret's back, and then made Louise lick it off, which was just one of many highlights from that night.

However, as we composed ourselves for sleep, Helena explained to the twins that this would be the last time that they would enjoy this sort of pleasure with us, that my mission to prepare my sisters for the Season was ended and that she was re-taking sole possession of my attention, at least until my marriage.

There was something in the way that Helena said this, that suggested I would be wise not to argue with her. After all, while I had had a most marvellous series of adventures with my sisters, it had only been intended that I prepare them for their future lives and it was never supposed to be a permanent arrangement, the only permanency was my mother's and hers alone. For a moment I sensed that Margaret and Louise might also be tempted to argue with her, but neither of them said anything, which seemed to be another very promising sign of their new maturity.

88. Reparations for Emily Dodgson

Fellowes paid the fine that the court had imposed, and though he appealed the verdict, failed in that attempt, and as a result of some other issues that came to light, went to Debtor's Prison for a few months. His run as an entrepreneur was done, though men like that are seldom down for long, many of them have the power to rise again no matter what adversity is thrown at them. In this case however, once the whole story got out, few people wanted to deal with him, his glib credibility was shot.

I took the money and gave five thousand pounds of it to Emily Dodgson, two of which she kept to herself, though she confided to me that she had all that she needed, Fellowes' money would serve as an inheritance for her daughters. The other three thousand pounds was split as dowries for each of the Dodgson girls, and held in trust until it was needed.

The balance of the money - three thousand pounds - was also split and some went to the families that had been dispossessed of their tenancies by Alfred Dodgson. The rest was used to create a fund for the relief of the poor in the Parish of St Mary Rogeringham.

89. The year turns again

The winter came and went. With it came the Rogeringham Grand Winter Ball, the Christmas goose for the tenants, Midnight Service, and the ball for the locals, all of the things I had sought to establish as traditions under my tenure as the new duke. Fortunately, there were no alarums and excursions at any of these events and all of them passed off as they were supposed to.

My mother and I also visited the new tradition of the Christmas Eve arse fuck again and thoroughly enjoyed it, both of us.

The snowball fight at Rogeringham Hall assumed new proportions with more of the available staff being involved, though I was prevailed upon to not take part this time. Instead, I awarded 'medals' to various of the participants for their achievements - heaviest snow ball, receiving the most shots, the longest throw and the luckiest. Hot drinks and food were made available afterwards again. It was all very enjoyable and made for a pleasant afternoon's diversion.

Both Caroline and Henry, and the now pregnant Hermione and James came to stay at Rogeringham Hall over the Christmas period. The weather had been bad and the roads in general were in a foul state, so it made more sense for them to be with us, rather than for them to travel back and to.

Helena made sure to make some time to talk with both of her newly married daughters, and she later told me that on her wedding night, James had questioned Hermione's lack of a maidenhead. My sister had explained the situation to her husband - that the hymen was frequently ruptured, or in her case, destroyed, by activities such as horse riding. James had listened intently, and then the next morning had gone out and purchased Hermione a beautiful black mare for her own personal use. It was a sweet gesture, and one that I think showed again how much he doted on my sister.

The biggest problem Hermione had had was not to show her hand, her bed-room skills, too quickly, but now she said, he was a perfect model of a lover.

Because we were less invested in the new Season, Helena and I did not return to the London house immediately in the early Spring, though Charlotte and the Twins did. This was not to say that I did not travel to and from the Ton. I did, several times, there was still business to conduct after all - but as our focus had changed, Rogeringham House was far less frenetic, and the pace of life far more enjoyable.

90. Richa rd and Charlotte

Captain Carter became a regular visitor to Rogeringham Hall over the winter, and then to Mayfair in the spring, and as well as his paying court to my sister, we often found time to practice our swordsmanship in the grounds there. It was at the close of one of these sessions that Richard finally asked if he would be permitted to marry Charlotte.

I led him into my study, where I poured us both a sherry.

"I will not say that I am surprised," I told him, "You have been paying court for nearly a year." I laughed.

"It has been a long time," he agreed, "I simply wanted to be sure that my living was in order and fit to support your sister in the manner to which she has become accustomed."

"Is all in order then?" I asked, he nodded. "Have you asked Charlotte yet?"

"I have, Your Grace." He replied, "She is willing."

"And what is your opinion of my sister, Richard?"

Captain Carter looked at me for a moment. "I would say, Your Grace, that your sister is a beautiful woman, with many social graces and many skills. She is intelligent and she is witty."

He paused a moment and then a rueful smile spread across his face. "But I suspect that Your Grace knows all of that, so I would ask in return, is there something I should know about?"

It was my turn to smile, in the time since I was first introduced to the man before me, I have come to respect him, and his quick wits.

"I want to be sure that your choice is made for the right reasons." I said, bluntly.

"Your Grace?"

"That suddenly finding yourself cast into the maelstrom that is London in the Season, you did not simply latch onto the first person that you came across, who was not dismayed by you." I lifted my left arm.

Captain Carter leapt out of his seat - very much as I expected him too. "It is only my respect for you, Your Grace, for the friendship that I feel has grown between us, that I do not challenge you here and now for that, sir!

"You undervalue your sister greatly, Your Grace." He went on fiercely, "She is a princess; she could easily have become a real princess if she had so wished. That she chooses to bestow her favour upon me is something for which I give thanks daily. We talk together and when we talk about our future, Lady Charlotte is most enthusiastic about a life together. Even with this ..." It was Richard's turn to wave his left arm about.

"Her interest in me and my life honours me, and if it were anybody else that spoke so about her - I would sir _ I would_!" He groped franticly for what he would do.

Then the Captain saw my face, and he paused in his speech. He paused because he saw precisely what I had done. Richard sat down, "Masterly, Your Grace, masterly!" He laughed. "You laid the trap and I walked straight in. Please forgive my hasty words, Your Grace ..."

"There is nothing to forgive, Richard." I reassured him, "And for hasty words, they were well said. But then again, I would not have expected less."

I topped up our glasses.

"Charlotte is a princess, Richard." I agreed with him, "All of my sisters are, and not just because of our rank, but because of their qualities, and of all of them, Charlotte is perhaps the best.

"When I returned from the war, I found that my sisters - the girls I had left behind, had grown up, and had become women. In their hearts they are still the same girls I grew up with and whom I love, but each of them has become their own person. So many changes, Richard, they are wilful, certainly, but they are also clever, resourceful, and strong."

I took a sip from my drink, Richard waited patiently for me to continue, "You may ask my sister for her hand and if she gives it, I will give my blessing. But beware, Charlotte is not a society wife. She has never been a shallow person, nor will she ever be. And because of that, she will never be a pale reflection of her husband, some wife to be left at home and called for when needed."

"Are you trying to dissuade me, Your Grace? Because that will not work ..."

"No, not dissuade you, Richard, I am simply trying to ensure that you understand what it is that you are entering into with her."

Captain Carter reflected for a moment. When he looked at me, I saw the doubt and hope flick across his face until they were replaced by firm resolution. "I understand Your Grace, I can only hope that I can live up to her and be the husband she deserves."

I stood up and offered him my hand. "I am sure that you will be - I would not have given my blessing otherwise."

Charlotte came to see me after Richard had departed.

We sat together on the couch, and she asked why I had asked Captain Carter what I had asked.

"Charlotte, of all of my sisters you and I are the closest, despite our having different mothers I feel that we are both cut from the same cloth. We think alike in many ways, we feel the same about many things, I have never felt like you were genuinely anything other than my sister.

"Hermione and I are connected through our hearts, Caroline and I, through our intellects, the twins ..." I waved my hand airily, "Who knows?

"But you and I, Charlotte, we are connected in many ways - so many, in fact, that I believe that it is our souls that join you and I."

Charlotte leaned in and kissed me, "Thank you William, may we always be so."

"I hope so too." I continued, "I like Richard Carter too, but I had to be sure that his feelings for you were genuine, that he would honour you in the way that you deserved."

"And are you convinced?" She asked.

"I am." I told her.

Charlotte and Richard dined with Helena and I the next evening and Richard, now that he had secured my blessing, got down on one knee and asked Charlotte to marry him. She agreed, and with that, my promise to Helena was fulfilled.

Each of my sisters had been presented at court, they had all had their Season and each was living the life that they wished. And even though the twins were unlikely to marry soon, their dowries had been placed into trusts and set aside for the future. With that - as they say - my task here was accomplished.

All that remained was my own future.

91. The eve of my wedding

On the evening of the last day of April, I stood at Hawley's tavern in Rogeringham village with a small group of friends and we drank, well, we drank to damned nearly everything. We drank toasts to my bride-to-be, my mother, my sisters - each one in turn, the House of Rogeringham, Henry Rogeringham, 1st Duke of Norton, and his daughter Elizabeth, the Church of England, the King, the Queen, the Prince Regent, King Charles II and his roving eye, Viscount Wellesley and his victories, we drank to Buckinghamshire, and we toasted to each and every one of us that was assembled there.

In truth though, though I drank to each and every toast, I never lost my wits. I do not know whether it was the coming nuptials or what, but I remained reasonably sober.

Sir Montague Fellowes looked as if he had slept in a ditch, but without the services of a good man-servant like Barclay to make him presentable the next morning.

He barged into the tavern and walked towards me through my guests. I could see Barclay moving around behind the interloper but waved him off with a motion of my head. Fellowes' hair was disarrayed and he had not shaved in a day or so. His neck-cloth was stained and his clothes were rumpled.

"I am sorry Your Grace, I must have missed the invitation this time," he sneered as he stood in front of me.

There were murmurs from my guests, a sound not unlike the sort of low growling that a dog will make before he attacks.

I held my hand up for silence.

"Erm. Sir Montague Fellowes, isn't it?" I said after regarding him for a few moments.

"As you damned well know, it is, sir!"

"And is there something we can do for you, Sir Montague?" I asked pleasantly.

"Have you not done enough, sir?" He snarled.

"Not I, sir," I saw Mr Langton off to Fellowes' left side. "Anything that has been done to you was by the court of law, and your own deeds, of course."

"I am damned nearly penniless, sir, practically destitute!"

"Was it not you that coerced my clerk to rob me, so that he could then sell the land to you? As a result of which he was killed, leaving a grieving wife and daughters. All consequences of your actions, sir."

"Wife? She was not his wife ...!"

"Be very careful sir," I interrupted his rant, even as I started to speak, I saw the direction in which this was heading. Well, so be it. "We have spoken about this before. I believe I told you then that the lady is under my patronage, and that she is a proper gentlewoman - and that I would be offended if you said anything untoward about her."

"She is an incestuous bitch, and her daughters are the get of an incestuous union." He said calmly and deliberately. "And as we are discussing you being offended ..."

He paused for a moment, and I wondered what it was that he was going to say - could he possibly know about Helena and I?

"I understand that your bride-to-be has slept with most of Wellesley's army," He announced loudly.

The next sound that I heard was all of my assembled guests drawing their breath, as they waited for an explosion on my part.

Instead - and knowing Arabella and her tastes, I actually laughed out loud at his suggestion. I could not help it. The sheer ignorance of his statement was ridiculous, though even I thought that the sound of my laughter was incongruous given the tension in the tavern.

"I do not know how you intend this to go, Sir Montague, but I will play your game." I took a glove that someone offered and theatrically threw it down in front of him. "I take it that you have a second you can call on?"

Fellowes nodded.

"In that case - swords or pistols?" I asked, though to be truthful I did not care.

"Pistols. Yours or mine?"

I waved my hand dismissively, "You may provide the weapons. There is a meadow at the end of the lane by the church, tomorrow at dawn would be acceptable."

With a curt nod, he turned and walked out.

"What a rude chap!" Sir Arthur observed.

I explained who he was, as the Justice had been involved on the periphery of the case.

"Gentlemen!" I said loudly as the drinks went round again, "Please, for the sake of her peace of mind - and my life - I implore you, do not anyone tell my mother about this."

92. The morning after

It was a glorious start to May Day, my wedding day. The mist over the slowly flowing river was thinning as the sun rose red and golden on the water-meadows. Weatherwise, it was going to be a good day for a wedding. Fellowes and his second waited by the river at the designated place as Barclay and I dismounted and walked towards them.

Sir Arthur Hastings waited with them and he turned to me as we stopped in front of him.

It was Sir Arthur's role as judge of the duel to ask "Gentlemen, is there anything that can be said to mend this affair? Mr Fellowes? Your Grace?"

When neither of us spoke, he signed to the seconds.

"Very well. Sir Montague, your pistols sir?" He took a box from Fellowes' second and opening the catch, offered it towards me. The weapons were nicely made and well-kept weapons, I took them both out of the case and tested the balance before choosing one. Fellowes took the other.