Rosalita

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was fun being able to devote all my time to my music, but being on tour was grueling, and I lived for the short breaks when I could get home to my Rosie, and I don't know who was happier.

"Oh, Bobby, I've missed you so much. I'm actually happy to have so much schoolwork, because it keeps my mind off of missing you."

"I missed you, too, Rosie, but I just think of it as an investment in our future."

The tour was finally over, but that just meant that we had to get back into the studio to work on our second album. At least we were home and I could see Rosie, and she did as much studying in the studio as possible.

We had talked about getting married after the tour, but it didn't work out. Rosie was busy with school, and we had another album to get out. It seemed that no sooner was the album complete than we were back on the road.

We were with the Rufus Brothers again, and we had only played a few shows before Duane Rufus came to me.

I was a little nervous, because while we did hang together, this felt a little different.

"Bobby," he said, "I'm sure you've noticed how the crowds react to you."

Shit, I thought, here it comes, we're gonna get bounced from the tour.

"You've obviously progressed from being just an opening act. I think we should co-bill, each play half the show. We can alternate who goes on first. Maybe even close with a big jam session."

I couldn't believe it, Duane Rufus wants us to co-bill with him?!

"Shit, yeah, man," I said, "Where do I sign?"

"A handshake will do, Bobby," as he held out his hand. I took his hand, gave him a big man-hug and we were off and running.

The rest of the tour was fantastic, some of the end of show jams were legendary, still getting mega hits on YouTube.

The record company was anxious to get us back on the road, but we had a third album to get out and we didn't want a rush job. Besides, most of us needed some family time.

Rosie was so happy I was back, and couldn't wait to show me her grade reports. Even her father had to admit that I was doing well.

I thought we might have hit a roadblock when the record company wanted me to do a solo tour, but I wanted to tour with the Rufus Brothers again, I felt that I owed them so much. Then Duane paid me a visit.

"I don't think we should tour together this year," he said.

"You don't want to tour with us?"

"I didn't say that. I'd love to tour with you again, and we will, someday. But you're at the point where you can headline your own tour, maybe pay it forward by helping another young act along the way."

I didn't want to admit it, but Rufus was right. We shook on it, and promised each other that we would play together again. I gave the word to the record company, and we were off on our third tour. I did try to keep an eye out for promising young acts, but couldn't seem to find any.

I scheduled a break in the tour so that I could get home for Rosie's graduation, and it was a thrill watching her walk across the stage to get her diploma.

Rosie, her mother and my mother had already been working on wedding plans, and they stepped them up to be ready for the end of the tour.

As usual, I was exhausted by the end of the tour, but no rest for the wicked; I was immediately drafted into wedding plans.

Finally, the big day was here, and I stood at the altar tugging at the collar of my monkey suit. After the procession of bridesmaids and groomsmen, I was dazzled by the vision of beauty that was my Rosalita, walking on her father's arm.

When they reached me, her father surprised me by giving me a big hug, and with tears in his eyes, shook my hand firmly.

I barely remember the ceremony, but I clearly heard, "I now pronounce you man and wife," and swept Rosie into a barely PG-13 kiss to the titters of the guests.

The reception was your typical reception until after the usual ceremonial dances, when the bandleader announced, "As I'm sure you all know, our groom is a bit of a famous musician, and I thought it would be appropriate to ask him to come up here and play a song or two for us."

That was greeted with enthusiastic applause, and when I tried to beg off because I didn't have my guitar, someone brought it out.

"How did you get that?" I asked, then looked at Rosie as she blushed. "I'm gonna get you for that, Rosie."

"Oh, you don't know the half of it," she said mysteriously.

I took the stage with a puzzled look, and played a couple of romantic ballads before begging off, and stepping down to still more applause.

"That obviously wasn't a surprise to anyone here," said the bandleader, "but did you know that there was another musician in the family?"

Everyone, including me, looked around puzzled, until Rosie took the stage, picked up my guitar and began to play and sing.

I was astonished. In all the years we had known each other she had shown no interest in playing an instrument, and I had rarely even seen her sing, except with the crowds at my shows.

The song was beautiful, Rosie's voice was clear as a bell and we both had tears in our eyes as she finished. She put the guitar down and came to me as we held each other close.

"What? How? Why?" I couldn't seem to decide on a question.

"Later," was all she said.

I went through the rest of the reception in a fog.

It wasn't until we retired to our room that I could try to ask her again.

"Since when do you play and sing?" I asked.

"Well, even with schoolwork, I had a lot of time on my hands, with you off touring."

"But why this?"

"You surely didn't think I was going to let my husband go gallivanting around the country with all those groupies trying to get into your pants. You've just hired a rhythm guitarist and back-up singer!"

"I've never cheated on you."

"Oh, I know that," she said.

"You do?"

"I've made sure the guys kept an eye on you," she said grinning. "I'm just going to make sure it stays that way."

I wasn't sure if I was pleased or not.

"I probably don't need to ask, but I suppose this addition to the band isn't a surprise to them?"

"Of course not. I wouldn't risk disrupting the band without checking with them first."

"So you check with them, but don't even ask me if it's okay?"

"Yeah, as if you could say no to me."

She had me there.

Of course, her parents were none too pleased that their little girl would be going on a rock and roll tour. They were mollified when she told them that keeping an eye on my business affairs would make use of her degree; she also told her mother that she could also keep an eye on me. I knew she was kidding, it was sort of an inside joke for us.

It's been five years now, and things show no signs of slowing down, though Rosie did take some time off to have two kids.

She was able to time the births to coincide with our breaks from touring, but she did have to miss some dates. The audiences missed her, but they got a kick when we put pictures of her and the kids on the Jumbotron.

I never thought that my rock and roll dream would come true, and I couldn't have done it without my Rosalita.

12