Rose Ch. 68-74

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers

I started the speech on a feel-good note, praising the bipartisanship and the way the American people rallied behind us after the assassination attempts. The biggest praise of the night came when I introduced the men and women who were with me on Marine One, or their spouses or parents if they didn't make it. "The skill and courage of the pilots, in guiding the helicopter to a clearing despite severe damage, is in the finest traditions of the Marine Corps and military aviation. I was proud to present their wives the Distinguished Flying Cross and Purple Heart for their actions in combat." The chamber rose to thank them.

"I also thank the people on the ground, the werewolves of the Thurmont Pack, who responded to our crash and saved me and others from certain death." The second ovation was muted, and a number of members didn't rise. There were still those in government who didn't like or trust werewolves, and by extension, me.

I spent the next half hour laying out the other major points of my speech; the utter destruction of the Zeta Cartel, olive branches to Mexico and other states upset at our actions in their territories. "We can never forget that our country, through its addiction and use of the drugs they supplied, gave them the money and power they used against us. As such, I am tonight calling for a massive increase in drug treatment and addiction recovery; no more should a person who wants to be clean, not receive the support they need to become clean and regain their life," I said to loud applause.

"And change we must, for the events of the past months can never be repeated. No President should have to be in a position where their Cabinet, their Law Enforcement agencies and their Judiciary cannot be trusted to carry out their Constitutional responsibilities. When faced with so much evidence of Cartel compromise, I had no choice but to use the US Marshal's Service and Secret Service to investigate and arrest hundreds of people in the Justice Department and Federal judiciary. Not a day has passed where new revelations have not come out, or new arrests are made. The confidence of the American people in our Government has been shaken, with good reason. I am happy to report that we have completed arrests of all people we have direct evidence of Cartel involvement, and we have honest prosecutors working to deliver justice." I paused and took a drink at the applause.

The teleprompter had one message, I had another. I pulled the three by five index card out of my pocket along with a pair of letters, one of which I handed to the Speaker and Majority Leader. "There is a plaque on my desk that Harry Truman used, that said, 'The Buck Stops Here.' In my military career, it was the same. The Commanding Officer is responsible for their unit, in good performance or bad. It is a responsibility that cannot be shirked, nor will I." I could see the gasps and shocked faces as they figured out where this was going. "I did not know, I did everything I could to rectify it, but it happened on MY watch and I am ultimately responsible. Therefore, as required by the 25th Amendment to the United States Constitution, Article One, I am resigning as President of the United States effective immediately. I have just delivered my letter of resignation to the gentlemen behind me, and I request that the Chief Justice of the United States swear in the Vice President as the next President of the United States immediately. Thank you, and may God Bless the United States of America."

Now THAT is a mic drop.

I walked offstage to a shocked Congress and America, the Secret Service agents forming around me. "Get to the choppah," I said in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.

"Yes sir, Mr. President."

Friday of Memorial Day Weekend

Private Airfield, Gila Pack Territory

Rose's POV

"I sure am glad we spent the money on this airstrip," Renee said as she held one of her triplets, breastfeeding while we waited.

"It's not like we don't have money, and it didn't cost near as much as the private jets in this hangar," I teased. We didn't care, it was all a rounding error considering all the Cartel money we had liberated. "I'm just jealous your hangar is bigger than mine."

"About time I had something that was bigger," she said under her breath before we both busted out laughing.

"Bigger isn't always better," Charlotte said softly as she played with my quadruplets. "Thank God the change gave me faster recovery rates, I felt like an overcooked noodle down there until the change." Her silver-gray wolf was laying on its side, Josh's wolf next to her, as the rambunctious cats played between them. She had agonized over the decision between panther and wolf, but went canine, because she wanted Josh to do the turn. Jane Spencer had changed Carl as well, and both had moved into the houses next to us now that graduation had happened. The two couples hadn't come outside for the last three days, doing what new mates do, unless it was to run and mate in animal form. I was just glad they weren't sharing a wall with my bedroom anymore.

"There's the plane," Gunny said, his sharp eyes picking it out first. The plane from the Thurmont Pack banked into its final approach, and a few minutes later was taxiing into the big hangar. It shut down and the pilots lowered the stairs, and our friends and allies started coming out.

First out were the Alphas, Ross and Lisa. Behind them was the former President, Hank Kemper, his Secret Service escort Mark and his mate Melanie. Then came Charlie and Patricia Stillwater; Charlie had taken over as Beta for the Pack, since Ron Washington had moved to Colorado to be with his daughter in the Nightmare Pack. We lined up in rank order, welcoming them to New Mexico for the Gila Pack's big get-together.

We were still working through these, with the previous gathering over Spring Break at our Pack. Our expanded pool, complete with waterslides, a swim-up bar and a lazy river, got a real workout along with the outdoor kitchens. It had been a great success, over three hundred attended for an epic week of partying and Packs. We were looking forward to the Fourth of July at the Johnson Pack, which I had briefly visited last year.

When all the luggage was loaded up, Robert and Renee got the group's attention. "I know it's been a long trip, but it is a good thirty-minute run in wolf form back to the Pack House, or we can drive," Robert said.

"I could use a run," Hank said.

"I can take the babies back in the car," I said.

"I'll go with you," Ella said. "Even in cat form, it seems like my tits are scraping the ground sometimes." We laughed and started to load them up.

In the end, the wolves gathered around Robert and took off, while we cats took the vehicles. "Lazy bunch of felines," Charlotte teased.

"Ambush predators," I said.

Of course, no get-together would be complete without a mating or two, and we didn't have to wait long. We had brought almost everyone from our Pack, including the associated cats. Minka, the tiny Lynx from Minnesota, found her mate in a Johnson Pack warrior.

And Hank Kemper found his mate in Tatiana Dubronov, and it was hilarious. They were running into the compound when Hank's wolf froze, causing him to get run over and rolled by a couple wolves behind him. When he got up, he made a beeline for the Siberian Tiger who was resting in the shade of a tree. She didn't recognize the bond, she reacted to the wolf jumping at her and batted him into the tree. He was knocked out cold, his chest sliced open by her claws, until she leapt at him and got his neck in her teeth. The smell hit her mid-bite, and Hank now has one HUGE mating scar.

I pushed the big stroller past, headed for our rooms, as I wondered what would happen next.

Ch. 73

Isla San Jose, Panama

Christmas Vacation

Rose's POV

"Wow, they've really made some changes since we first came here," I said as I looked out the window of our private jet. "That road wasn't there." I could see a new road that wound through the jungle now, circling the entire island and connecting all the little villages and beaches.

"They've added a lot of guest housing," Gunny said as he looked where I was pointing. "Ella said they have six new clusters scattered around the island, each with private beaches. I guess we won't be staying in tents like last year."

"Not like Ella would ever let a heavily pregnant woman stay in a tent." I looked across at my four little angels, strapped in their travel seats and sleeping. Now nine months old, the three girls and one boy were my pride and joy. Gunny's big hand reached over, covering my belly which was barely showing the bump. Twins this time, thank Luna, but still too early to tell if they were boys or girls. So far, the matings between cats and wolves had yielded a few interesting things. One was that the females were cats while the males were wolves. The other, helpful thing was that all could shift at birth, while pure wolves didn't shift until they were about three years old. Being able to deliver babies and feed them in panther form was a big advantage I had over my daughter.

"So where are we staying this time," Charlotte asked from behind me. This Christmas would be different for her, their first as a fully mated couple, and at six months pregnant she was swollen with triplets. She and Jane Spencer were both having honeymoon babies, but Jane was having a son while Charlotte was having three boys. I don't know if it was the water or the genes, but our Pack was gaining babies at a rapid rate. Even Ella was impressed.

"The Alphas and Betas are staying at the main house, as we have some talks and other things to do along with our vacation. The single wolves and cats are being sent to the villages on the north, along with the younger mated couples without kids. The lower ranking families are in the village just a half mile east of the main houses."

"So, we are with you, then." She nodded, it was fine with her. I loved having her around, and Josh didn't care, as long as Charlotte was happy. They were a great couple, and pregnancy wasn't going to keep her from getting her education. Josh was loaded with Presidential-declared legal cash, just like our Packs. We all employed staff, local humans or feline associates, to help with our homes and landscaping. Our Pack house was now fairly empty, but the neighborhood was all Pack except the Johansen's. Tim and Crystal were a stubborn old human couple who refused offers of double what their home was worth, so they now were getting used to the new security and the, um, more relaxed attitude towards nudity that came with being around a Pack.

"Yes, we are going to work together on our charity efforts, so it made sense for the five Packs to have their leadership stay together in the main house." After the war ended, the remaining Packs received reparations, but the financial disparities remained huge. The Guns and Roses Pack was easily the richest, with the Gila and El Paso packs not far behind, but they had good leadership. The Johnson and Thurmont packs didn't reap the financial rewards from the Cartel war, but they had been run well. Too many Alphas blew their windfall, leaving little for normal Pack members. Now that there were more matings and it was easier to change Packs, many of these Alphas were finding their Packs fading into nothingness. Derek and Amanda Johnson were attempting to help with this problem by creating a summer program for future Pack leaders, bringing them to their Pack for an eight-week intensive course for future Alphas and Betas aged 16 to 21. The classes were taught by experienced Alphas and Betas, and members of the Elders and Alpha Council. The fact that matings had occurred was just a bonus; the courses were open internationally and to all Were species.

"Where is Renee building her Mate Loss Recovery Center?" Jane was looking out the window as we lined up for landing.

"North end of the island, they have an isolated compound and village, no distractions. Only one road in and out, nobody within a couple miles," I pointed. "I hope she can make a real difference when this opens." There had been some success stories in saving survivors. Alpha Renee and Beta Joe were the best known, but we had to improve on the current 90% loss rate of mates left. Renee had presented the idea at Wolfstock over the summer, and this island was the best way to get it done. Ella had jumped at the chance to make it a reality.

"Craig and Ella are taking a real risk making this an open Pack land, welcoming so many people, and without restrictions as to their original Pack or Packless state," Gunny said. "They have more wolves and cats working for their Pack on this island than they have people in their Pack. In the old days, Alphas would never allow that. Way too dangerous."

"They had to, their plans for this island would never work without it," Josh said. "They've given hundreds of people jobs here, along with a chance to find mates and Packs." He absently rubbed Charlotte's belly. "I can't imagine any Alpha being stupid enough to take advantage of them. Not only is their pack strong and well run, but they have friends everywhere."

"Well, all that building is coming to fruition. We get to be the first to stay at some of these villages, the first All-Were resort and meeting center in the world," I said. "When I talked to Ella last week, she said they were booked through May. Newly mated couples, families, all the way to entire Packs coming to enjoy some sun and fun. It's genius, really, and with the improvements to the airfield it makes it easy for people to come and go." The runway was now paved, and a fuel farm and two large hangars could store private or charter planes. This meant that direct flights were possible, and no more puddle-jumpers from the mainland. The pier nearby had been extended to take barge traffic, allowing the villas to be prefabricated in shops, shipped over, then placed on foundations and assembled on the island. I could see the windmills and the large solar panel farms and battery rooms near each of the outposts, Ella said each were fully independent with diesel generator backups.

We touched down softly, and the babies woke as the engines reversed. I couldn't do anything yet, not until we stopped, but at least they didn't cry the whole way down. I looked out the window to the hangers, seeing that our Pack members had joined the welcoming committee in the hanger. Our flight was the last to leave home, the others had flown down over the past few days and gotten settled in already. The unmated and associated cats were first, giving them the most time to be with the others. We taxied into the hangar, parking next to three other planes, and as we stopped we were finally able to unbuckle the babies and comfort them in their car seats. Gunny, Charlotte and Josh each took one for me as we readied our exit.

When the pilot lowered the stairway, the heat and humidity, plus the smells of the island, hit us like a brick. The island was so different than the desert home of ours, so many smells. Gunny and I led the way down the stairs as the crew worked to transfer our luggage to the waiting Jeeps. Ella couldn't wait, she broke from the line and rushed to embrace me. "Rose! How I've missed you!"

I gave her a hug, she was looking at my belly bump while I was checking hers. "Not pregnant yet?"

"Not for lack of trying," she laughed. "I think I'm losing my touch, someone else is hogging the baby fairy!" She moved to hug Charlotte and Jane and we slowly moved to the rest of the group. The Johnson, El Paso and Gila leadership were all here. Babies were removed from their carriers and passed around, stories were traded, and friendships rekindled. It took us twenty minutes just to get the greetings done, there were so many people we hadn't seen in since Thanksgiving or longer, plus our own Pack members updating us on things.

A Jeep pulled up, and a striking dark-haired woman jumped out, followed by her hulking mate and their three-year-old daughter. "LINDA!" We moved towards each other, as fast as her pregnant belly allowed. No longer Black Ker, she was now the Nightmare Pack Alpha Female along with Joe and their daughter Lynn.

"By Luna, Rose, it's so great to see you again! I'm sorry, we've been VERY busy." Joe came up and gave me a hug after I bent down and kissed Lynn, and she kissed Allison's head.

"Don't worry about it, you had a big challenge. I'm just glad to have you here." Linda, in a way, was the "mother" of all the panther shifters in this big grouping, having been the first. A chance mating between her wolf father and panther mother gave her enough wolf characteristics that she could function as a leader in a Pack, and she passed that on to us.

"Alpha Joe, you are looking happy," I said.

"Because I am, Rose. I love my life now." It hadn't been easy, after the trial their little Nightmare Pack had taken over the Telluride Pack in Colorado. With hundreds of members and almost all their senior leadership gone, they had rebuilt the pack in the past eight months until it was respected again. It was now one of only four packs with feline Were in senior leadership, which offended some traditionalist Packs. We didn't care, obviously, and our Packs were stronger for it.

"Shouldn't we be moving to the main house sometime," Gunny asked Craig.

"We're waiting for another plane, no point in moving right now," he said. "In fact, they're on approach now." We calmed the babies as the plane landed and pulled into the open spot in the hangar, and our big group moved over. The door opened, and a Secret Service man came out first, then former President Hank Kemper emerged followed by the Thurmont Pack Alphas and Betas.

I was excited, I'd never met the former President. We quickly formed a reception line, babies in arms, starting with the host Alphas. "Did you know he was coming here?"

"I didn't even know Ross and Lisa were coming," Gunny said. "It's a hell of a surprise, though. I wonder if there is more to it than a social call?" Hank had been in and out of public life since his shocking resignation as the President. He had spent a lot of time learning how to be a wolf and finding his mate Tatiana had thrown him for a loop. "That mating scar didn't fade a bit, did it?" The man's neck looked like a jigsaw puzzle of scars.

"He got her good, too," I said. Pretty soon we were shaking his hand. "Congratulations, Mr. President, Alpha Tatiana," I said as I took in her baby bump. "How far along are you?"

"Four months," she replied with a smile. "Twins, that's why I'm showing. I just can't believe it, I had thought it was too late for me to find love and have children."

"I guess he bowled you over at the right time then!"

"A little heads up would have saved some trouble," she said. "Can I introduce my stepson, Scott? Scott, this is Gunny Rodriguez and his mate Rose, they are Alphas of the Pack in Santa Fe."

I shook the young man's hand, he tall and muscled like his father, his hair cut short, but out of his Air Force Academy uniform. I scented something feline.... I may have been a little forward. "Tatiana bit me two days ago; I wanted to take the change, they offered me wolf or tiger, and I picked Siberian Tiger, of course."

I was a little shocked. "Why tiger?"

"Cat-like reflexes for flying, plus they look cool," I said. "I can't wait to shake out my fur and do some hunting while I'm here."

"The pig hunt is going to be EPIC," Craig said as he overheard it. "They got a little out of control in the time we were gone. Who wants to run to the house instead of driving? It's about five miles through the jungle." There were a bunch of shouts, and soon a mixed group of wolves and cats had shifted.

partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers