Ruandan Delight Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I gestured to them and explained, "These guys are our friendly local Howlers. See the big guy over there. I think he's the leader of the pack and probably the most dangerous."

"Dangerous?" she asked, in a shaky voice. "Should we be worried?"

"Mostly no, but they might take a quick run at a human and possibly bite. Risk of infection is the main concern mostly." With that I yelled at them and stamped my foot on the wooden floor, making as much noise I could.

Ella was calming down and becoming curious. She let go of my hand and took a few steps toward the compound to get a better look at the visitors who were moving in the shadowy night. "Do you ever feed them?"

"Absolutely not! They would never leave if we gave them anything. The most they get is some food scraps the cooks may have accidentally left out."

She moved closer and suddenly the big alpha sensed her presence and probably that she was a female and bounded towards the steps making an ungodly wail. Ella shrieked and lunged back at me grabbing my waist, flattening herself against my back. I shouted at the big guy who stopped approaching but still making threatening noises. He may have interpreted that she was my female and a fight for her was a losing proposition. I chuckled at the thought of Ella being mine.

"What's so funny?" she asked in a shaky voice, while still holding tight.

"I think he believes you're my female and I would defend you."

"Well tell him I'm not anyone's 'female' but you would defend me anyway correct?" She said, emphasizing the word female.

The alpha started to back off and I assured her, "Yes Ella, while I could say I was flattered that he could think you were mine its just monkey business so to speak." She harumphed at that in a feminist gesture of disdain at male behaviour but still clung to me. I could feel her small but firm breasts pressing into my back and her breath on my neck. Her tummy was pressed into my rear and speaking of bad male behaviour a surge of arousal went to my middle and my cock stirred alarmingly in my boxer shorts, all I was wearing.

I grabbed Ella by the hand and began leading her back to her room. Giving her a final squeeze I left her and returned to mine. Tossing and turning I relived the moments of her breasts pressed into my naked back. Sleep finally came but she still remained in my dreams.

****

The path to the village square led by the school and as Ella and I walked by the noise level of children playing in the morning recess suddenly increased. Several kids came over and shyly stood behind one another as Ella smiled at them. More then joined and an excited babble grew as they pointed and waved to her.

"Apparently there's a local branch of your fan club. You're clearly an international star," I said, very impressed by the excited havoc she was generating.

"Well, in a sense. Kids everywhere love the story. Its really the quality of the writing. The author did an amazing job of weaving the tale. Most kids and many adults love her stories. I'm really just a small part of it."

Small part or not, kids were now swarming around her excitedly. I chuckled and added, "These kids aren't seeing you that way." I shooed them away and they reluctantly started to return to their school yard. Just as they were edging away a very animated teacher came up to us. After a brief exchange Ella graciously accepted an invite to give a talk to the students about the filming of the series. She did caution that time might not permit but she would do her best. The teacher had a very hopeful look on his face, another fan of the movie series I guessed.

The afternoon sun was scorching in the village square. I had made my morning rounds of the admitted patients while Ella's clothes were laundered. We left for town in late morning, Ella wearing the clothes she arrived in.

Matilda's cousin Annabelle came scurrying out from her small cafe and pulled us in for lunch, gushing all the while about how honoured she was to have us in her cafe. The word had apparently spread about our famous guest. A fine white tablecloth that I had never seen before was spread on the outdoor cafe deck and the table was graced by flowers and Annabelle's finest cutlery. Celebrity runs deep in all cultures.

"Adrian, it appears that you are treated specially in town," Ella said, gesturing to the lovely table setting.

"Hah!" I laughed. "The rock star treatment is for the famous actress."

"Famous? How could I be if you've never heard of me." Impulsively I leaned over the table and cupped one of her hands in mine and said, mock serious, looking deeply into her eyes, "I promise to watch all your movies and join your fan club as soon as I reach civilization." With that I let go of her hand and gave her a big smile.

"Adrian, can I tell you something that may sound a bit strange. I actually enjoyed for a few moments being around a guy who wasn't stumbling over his tongue and feet because of who I am. Really, deep down I'm a simple average English girl who stumbled upon a good job that was a lot of fun to do. And I appreciate the fact that you didn't go a bit weird in my presence."

"Okay, I know you're being sincere, but really, there is absolutely nothing simple or average about you Ella. And I mean that in a good way."

She leaned back in her chair and fanned her face in mock alarm. "My god Adrian, that was too kind, but really, I'm nothing special."

I looked at the girl sitting across from me, the sunlight and shadows playing on her lovely features, her hair cascading down to her delicate shoulders, her eyes alive with that brilliant colour and thought no one I had ever encountered was more special than Ella. And I barely even knew her. And I thought that she could easily become very special to me. The thought that perhaps I only had a few more hours with her filled me with a sudden sadness.

Before I could formulate a response, Annabelle's daughter, who ran the dry goods and women's dress shop across the street came running up excitedly. "Miss Ella, miss Ella, you must come over to try on a skirt from my shop. You are here with out your own clothes I hear so please let me take care of you."

"Could I look at the lovely wraps you ladies are wearing. I would love one of those."

"Yes! yes! we have something perfect for you Please please come after lunch. And bring the doctor with you to help decide," Ariuna, Annabelle's daughter gushed, pointing to me. There was no refusing that offer. We needed to talk to the jeep drivers about the overland route but the thought of delaying her departure for any length of time was appealing.

Lunch over we crossed the dusty street to Ariuna's shop which, it turns out, was filled with babbling women excited by the arrival of the special guest. I was given a commanding seat for my role as approver of the outfits, a role I was absolutely unqualified for. Nonetheless I stepped up to my assignment, my secret agenda to savour every view of her body.

Ella, came out with a beautiful brightly patterned wrap skirt that went from waist to calf. While I would miss seeing her legs I loved the way the wrap clung to her hips and rear. I delighted in having her turn to show me the back of the outfit. Each time I asked her to turn around with a new one on she smiled a knowing smile, not being fooled by what I was really admiring.

"Like what you see? I mean the patterns of course," she smirked at me.

I smiled back, my pretense plainly obvious and said with a big grin, "Yep, the patterns are also lovely. You know, I could get into this as a sideline - fashion consultant."

"Stick to medicine. Women know what gentlemen are really assessing. The only men who are any good at fashion aren't interested in females anyway."

"Maybe I'm one of them?"

"I'd rather you tell me. Are you interested in women?" This exchange was taking place as Ariuna was busily lining up other garments.

I smiled broadly and replied, "Ella I am very interested in women and just fyi, those colours do look very good on you and yes, I love the way they highlight your lovely butt. There, full disclosure."

"Thank you for the complement. Are you sure my butt is okay; not too girlish?"

I breathed in deeply. Somehow we had gotten onto the subject of Ella's body. A body that apparently belonged to a famous celebrity who was about as far out of my league as could be. Still I tried to keep my cool. I replied, "Ella, every inch of you is a woman."

She giggled at that. "Well I think you're just guessing. You've seen my legs in your boxers but really that's about it. Thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt though."

"Ella, seriously, are you being self conscious about your body? I find that hard to believe."

"Adrian, is there a woman alive who isn't in some way unsure of her appearance?"

I rolled my eyes at this gorgeous woman in front of me, stressing about her body, me, a nobody doing surgery in as remote a place as could be imagined. What a strange twist of fate. I decided on this response, "Well, let me check my text books for treatment of body awareness neurosis. There must be a pill."

"Doctor, no pill required. Just keep on telling me that I look okay." Oh My God. This amazing woman was serious.

"My dear house guest. That's something I promise to do."

***

The news from town about overland travel was not good. Torrential rain in the highlands had made the river fords dangerous for at least another four to five days. And worse, calls back to Kigali were not encouraging. Charles could not find air transport back even with high level MSF people doing their best to pull on back channels. I was frankly getting worried about Charles's absence. I could handle small procedures without him but I had no backup if something major happened. We were running very short staffed and the MSF office had no word on Justine's return or replacement. I hoped things would remain quiet around the WRG. Ella was a pleasant diversion from my concerns but they were there lurking in the shadows.

Speaking of Ella, she was receiving the same message from her people when she called on my sat phone. They were equally stymied in getting helicopter transport. It was looking like she would be stuck here for at least a couple more days.

"Well it seems I'm becoming the house guest that you can't get rid of," she said waving the Iridium phone in the air. In my conscious mind I saw her presence as an unneeded distraction from a hazardous situation caused by the short staffing at the hospital.

But another part of me brightened at the thought of having Ella's company for a day or two more. And while yes, the reptile part of my brain revelled in her attractiveness but the better part of me saw a simple girl, yet complex in her own way; smart, knowledgeable, dedicated to her charitable work and just plain nice. Nice is such an insipid word but to me it means kind and sweet. Ella, despite her apparent fame, was simply that. I could sense that even though we had only known each other for just 24 hours.

And she brought out another feeling that had been growing. I was nearly thirty and while I enjoyed immensely the women I encountered through MSF, every relationship was transient. They were either coming or going and likewise I was moving almost constantly. Dropping back into a trouble spot was an adrenaline rush that I thrived on but I was starting to see that there would be an end to it. I didn't want to be working in a tent under bad lighting with questionable equipment with mortar rounds coming in for the rest of my career. And I was beginning to want something more in a relationship.

Ella's world was about three light years away from mine so I had no fantasies about her. Well yes and no, but I knew I was dreaming. Still, her sweet nature was stirring up the need to have an ongoing relationship with a partner.

I looked at her mock seriously and put my hand on her shoulder to add to the dramatic effect, "Well then, I may just have to put you to work. What do you know about anaesthesia?"

She looked alarmed at first and then when I grinned she sputtered out, "Well I know that enough Tequila shots will put me out cold. Is that a start?"

"Sorry, my Scottish ancestry insists upon single malt. That's when we self medicate."

"Seriously Adrian, I know you're worried about Charles's. If I can help at all I would be grateful for a real world experience."

"Ella, your company is really all I need right now. I'm concerned but I'm enjoying your visit. I'll never look at the local wrap skirts again without thinking of you."

"That's kind. I also sense you're missing your colleague Justine. Maybe I can help you take your mind off her." She slapped her hand to her face and her eyes bulged. "Oops I'm sorry. That didn't really come out the way I meant it."

I smiled back. "However you meant it I accept your offer. Come, if you've chosen which skirts to buy lets head back. I need to check in at the clinic."

As we were leaving the shop Annabelle came running over, a big smile on her face. She said excitedly, "Doctor, the town square will be showing one of Miss Ella's movies tonight. Please, both of you come. It will be so exciting to have the star of the show here."

I looked at Ella, who seemed embarrassed, and asked, "Are you up for that?'

"Sure. I'm not really the star of the show and watching my own movies is not something I really like to do but these people have been so welcoming. Besides you might have fun seeing me as a child."

"Wow, yeah that would be interesting - having the grown woman beside me and the child on the screen. Lets do it." Annabelle was thrilled that we would attend. She scurried off to make arrangements and Ella and I headed back to the WRG.

***

It took almost an hour for the chaos of Ella meeting her fans in the village to subside. Who knew that there could be so many fans of the series in a remote corner of Ruanda. The word had gotten out that Ella would be coming to a screening and she was mobbed by people of all ages. She must have signed dozens of copies of the books. I was impressed at how graciously she handled all the fussing and fan worship. People also knew the story of how I had bumped her off the chopper to save a Congolese guerrilla's life. There were some sly looks coming my way but really I was innocent.

The hubbub finally died down enough to roll the film in a very packed village square. Ella and I were treated like royalty. We were given a special bench padded with plush cushions on a slightly raised platform. This was usually reserved for the village leaders but tonight she was given the star treatment. The only thing missing was the red carpet. Everyone with a cell phone in the village was snapping pictures of Ella. I was encouraged to cozy up to her with my arm around her waist for some of the shots. She was so delicate feeling.

Once underway in the darkened square I became absorbed in watching an early teen Ella acting her role. The crowd groaned at the villains and cheered the plucky heroes. Myself, I only had eyes for the young Ella on screen. Somewhere in the middle of the film I could sense her attention wandering and she stifled a yawn.

Ella poked me gently in the ribs and asked, "Adrian, do you mind if I doze off on your shoulder. Take my word for it, I know every line in this film backwards and forwards. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it but I'm bored to tears." With that she slumped against my shoulder. I became torn between watching the pubescent Ella on screen and the very real woman leaning against me, her hair brushing my lips and nose.

When her head slipped off my shoulder as she dozed I readjusted myself so that my arm was around her shoulders and her head more on my chest. I buried my nose in her hair and softly breathed her in. The real Ella now had my full attention. Her hand splayed out on my stomach and she could sense I was avoiding touching her with my arm around her shoulder. It was getting awkward because I didn't know where to put it with out seeming like I was groping her. Fortunately the square was darkened and the film goers were riveted to the screen. My awkwardness around the beautiful star was mostly unobserved.

Ella sensed this and looked up saying, "I don't bite." And with that she took my arm and snuggled underneath and she placed my hand on her tummy, her hand on top. I almost forgot to breathe with the feeling of this woman pressed up against me. Ella wasn't being sexual. She was just getting comfortable but I was electrified by the feel of her body against mine.

The thunderous applause at the end of the film brought Ella back to life. We ran the gauntlet of fans and well wishers as we slowly made our way out of the village and back up the dark road to the WRG, which was about half a kilometre from town.

The night was quiet and dark with the occasional animal noise arising out of the forest.

"Adrian, would you hold my hand while we walk. I'm finding this just a bit spooky. Is there anything really dangerous out there."

I knew that there were some big cats in the forest but they mostly stayed away from people. However, travelling alone after dark was not recommended. A person travelling solo was basically putting themselves into the food chain. I had a very bright headlamp should anything get close.

Ella just held my hand tightly.

Arriving back at the staff quarters I didn't want this night to end. I asked her hopefully, "Speaking of self medication, would you care for a wee taste to help you sleep?"

"That would be delightful." With that I retrieved my emergency only, best stash of Scotch and poured a serious glass each. We sat in the comfy veranda chairs listening to the night noises and feeling the warm sultry air flow through the covered porch. Our conversation flowed easily as we shared stories of our very different jobs. The warmth of her personality simply flowed over me like the beautiful night time breeze.

Pouring Ella another hefty amount of my finest she smirked at me, "Adrian if I didn't know you were a principled man of medicine I would think you were trying to get me drunk."

"Ella, seriously, I'm just being a good host. You assured me earlier you didn't bite. Am I safe if you were to get drunk?"

"I make no promises. I could be a crazy drunk for all you know." I just smiled but the thought of this woman sinking her teeth into me, in passion and not anger, sent a shock wave through my body. I couldn't tell if there were messages behind the banter but really, what would this woman want with me?

After some more chatter, Ella fell silent for some time. Finally she looked at me and reached over to take my hand. She said, "Adrian, you know this is a special moment. I feel like I can be myself here. You have no idea what my life is really like. I don't own it at all. I feel like a commodity of the studio, of my agents and handlers, the accountants and the hangers on who own all my time. Choosing to be left behind from that helicopter may have been the best thing to happen to me since I don't know when. Thank you for making my stay here so memorable." With that she squeezed my hand and let it go. Her touch had energized my body and I missed her hand the moment it was gone from mine.

Finally she stood up and asked, "Its been a wonderful night - okay I could have done without seeing my film one more time but the people were delightful. I love that the kids love the series. But I'm really done now. Would you take me to my room please?" I stood up and took her hand and led her inside.

Standing at her doorway Ella turned and looked at me and spoke quietly, "Adrian, thank you again for every thing you've done for me and what you do for these lovely people." And then, taking me by complete surprise, she lifted up on her toes, wrapped her hands behind my neck and softly slid her lips over mine, pressing them gently onto me. Her soft and warm thighs rested against mine. Firm breasts nestled into my chest as her lips brushed against mine. Never, ever in all my experience did I respond to those electrifying touches. My world completely stopped and as she slowly backed away I could only look into her eyes that never wavered as she closed her door after whispering, "Good night."