All Comments on 'Rue the Day'

by ragnarok1

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments (Page 2)
Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 3 years ago

It is impossible to imagine a woman willing to cheat for no reason at all other than selfishness would then be willing to put up with his nonsense. She still get's half of everything if she divorces him. He saves nothing and gets nothing by not divorcing her in this situation except she just takes his unwillingness to make an attempt at reconciling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I thought that the Story started out very well .. Sadly it turned into a Cluck Story .. And I do not read Cluck Stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cheating is about entitlement. Being truly sorry is about humility. True remorse is a deep awareness that infidelity broke a sacred trust, and you are not owed reconciliation. Real remorse understands that reconciliation is a risky investment.

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 3 years ago

Great story. I suspect it happens but I also think it's rare to stay married after the cheating, especially when the husband was so good to his wife and without children. When will women stop saying it's only sex? It's never the sex. It's always something else they want but sex is the lure. I think women need men more than men need a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

KittyCampbell's post is exactly what would actually happen... beautiful and attractive women who cheat are self-centered, narcissistic, and self-entitled women and they would eventually file for divorce themselves shortly afterwards believing they did not have to put up with his indifference and lack of attention... and, they would have no problem finding a replacement... there are so many men out there desperate for a woman that they will settle for anything, especially if she is beautiful.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Nailed it! Just nailed it! We earn what we create. If we devalue love, we get what remains.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
She spent 8 months trying to coax him back in bed. To have him make love to her. To have him “show” he still lives her.

She keeps working at it and working at it. Slowly trying to get back to the place they used to be. Sitting together on the couch, then not. Holding hands, then not. Going out “on pleasant date”, which crashes and burns. “I love you” “I love you too.” And on and on and on. The ol’ two steps forward, one step back.

Then finally...finally...FINALLY she gets him in bed and they’re going at it. She thinks they are making glorious love, ‘ah, finally have him back. It’s the way it used to be.’ Pleasure and emotions building. ‘Oh he’s back, he’s back. He loves me again.’ More pleasure, more love. Then she opens her eyes right at the peak of the love session... crash. It’s not love he’s making. It’s just sex. It’s just the physical act, without the emotional component she was so craving.

It was prophetic what she says there when they’re final going to do it. “Oh Kurt... I need you to fuck.”

I think that’s a decent synopsis of this story. Then the rest of the story is built around this skeleton. (Hmmm... why couldn’t it have been this easy in college? “You know Professor, sometimes candles are just candles.”)

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

Well, I'm super freaking sad now, but that was a well done cheating story. Seriously though, that is when you either get therapy or get divorced. I just couldn't do that

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This guys is such a pussy it makes me sick.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Why did this guy torture himself, he should brought over the women he did plumbing for and start making love to her as the slut wife came up and enter his bedroom. Then turn to her a say "It's just sex honey". And maybe a blow job on the couch as she gets home.

Why this guy doesn't take advantage and take charge in restoring his self respect?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have Divorced her cheating ass . The more he puts into his 401 the more she will get . Get a loan and buy the house if you want to . When I got Divorced i ate Tuan fish sandwiches . I could not afford anything else besides Peanut Butter and every Wednesday I had Bacon for breakfast . I also had Bacon for Dinner . I did have to change all the locks and the garage code but it was worth it . I also dated a bunch of nice ladies

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - I would not be able to do what he did.

I would not be able to even kiss her, let alone fuck her - she would be tainted poison. My first reaction would be to get a complete medical checkup for any potential STD's. How could I ever get past the fact that she shared her body with another person? How could I get past the fact that she probably had his cock in her mouth and then came home to kiss me? How could I ever get over the fact that she let another person cum inside her? I would never be convinced that he used a condom or not - so I would never be able to enjoy oral sex with her ever again. The loses keep adding up until there is nothing positive in our future life together. I do not think that I would bother to divorce her, because I would never trust another woman again - so why waste the time or the money. I would more than likely just take half of everything and move far away.

CaptFlintCaptFlintabout 2 years ago

The best LW stories are about emotions, not sex. This one nails it.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
After

After the Valentines Day snub,she should have served him with divorce papers.That would have got the message across as he didn't want to lose the house or pay alimony,so it was shit or get off the pot time.Whilst she had no proof it is obvious he is whoring around,so why would she want to catch some STD.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She deserves all the hurt (emotional) he can lay on her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Two people that don't love each other wasting time together because of system legalities.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Boring

CaptFlintCaptFlintalmost 2 years ago

The key to this story is in the last paragraph; "It breaks because he isn't making love to me, it means nothing, it's only sex." The legal system left him no choices, the life they build together will never be as strong as the one she destroyed.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

I’m sorry but I do not believe his part of this fantasy. No two people can spend 8+Years in a “sex only” revenge relationship. One or the other, most likely both, will break down and leave. Just do not believe it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story with a fantastic lesson, The "It's only sex," comment kills a relationship or at least takes the love out of it. That's the lesson here, and it's a great lesson. Thanks for writing it.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope. Another weak assed man married to a worthless piece of shit slut.

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

Good sex ain't bad...

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

A second reading for me, but still a hard hitting story, I bet that this is quite a true real life event to more than a few, can’t live apart because of money and love but can’t be the same people because of sex and hurt And love, .

A well written story the characters are quite believable , many of the Anonymous posters below are just sad men who couldn’t have a feeling about anyone else than themselves so couldn’t understand something so simple as love.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

You did wrong, yes. But he should’ve divorced you rather than spending a cruel life punishing you forever.

Divorce him a take from him what he doesn’t want to give up. Give him what he’s giving you, half!

Move on with your life and learn from your mistake. Don’t let him destroy you as he destroys himself.

I’m a BTB man but this is unneeded cruelty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All sex is only sex, love is in the heart and soul

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't agree that all sex is only sex. Sex in it's best version is an extension of the love that two people share for one another, that bubbles over into the closest physical connection humans can have. It is a sharing of bodies to match the sharing of souls. As such, it is so much better and higher than sex with a random stranger or acquaintance, that it almost not the same thing.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

Terrible ending.

EgregiousEgregiousabout 1 year ago

What were Kurt's two most important things in his life? Deborah and his home. All Deborah had to do was apply for a divorce that would have forced Kurt to talk. Or she could have just got pregnant. However the outcome may have still been the same. Once loyalty and trust are lost there is not much left.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Stupid.

.

She should have divorced him when he came home and declared that he would not divorce her because she would get half. She should have taken that half and started over. That they are still together 8 years later is incoherent.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Gutsy tale in many ways - its not easy to keep it emotionally realistic, and relevant to the theme,

Good work!

AllNigherAllNigher9 months ago

One of your better stories to me, probably because it went the way you intend most of your stories.... Not my favorite story or idea....

The idea to stay with her to not lose half is nuts though. She could always divorce him anyway so a tremendous risk of your future assets. Plus why was it so easy to change his moral compass to sex being no big deal? Not a very strong character.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thoughtful well written story, no just written for entertainment by to demonstrate part of the author's view of life. If am reading carefully ad correctly the author is brilliant.

I think most commentators missed the author's intent. He hammers 2 points:

a) Adultery is stupid;

b) The act of marital physical joining as one is not "just sex." It is part of a long list of things that express unselfish love that seeks to totally give of one' self, rather than us another for personal pleasure.

Note the repeat of I love you/me too and the wife seeing how it could be misused.

The Hoary Cleric

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
After

After the cold shoulder and change of status on Face book,she should have filed for divorce.The prospect of losing the house in a divorce settlement would give him a proper kick up the arse to either commit or leave.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

If it was me, I had divorced the slut long time ago.

jopstorm1945

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Roles reversed she wouldve divorced him and gone out for blood her words. He will regret not divorcing her.

Madeira1076Madeira10765 months ago

That's pretty powerful.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

An interesting way to punish her while still getting to come out on top as best as you could. I daresay many wouldn't mind this outcome. But she rues the day indeed. Stupid bitch ruined everything because she couldn't keep her legs shut. Mind you if she wants an out, just divorce and give him a majority share. She's in a prison of her own making until she decides otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not realistic but it is fiction. First from PI reports it isn't clear if he knew how torrid the affair was and the extent of the sex acts. Second, eventually after many months, regardless of her guilt, most women will consider the marriage broken and regretfully like for divirce. His "it's only sex" rejoinder got tiresome. I get why he stated that several times, but really, just kept going? He needed some therapy to get closure even if to divorcs her amicably. Their marriage was anemic even years later. No kids. So split.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She cheated on him and gave sexual acts (including her ass) to another man. This is the most horrifying form of evil and disrespect. It is the worst thing a woman can do to a man.

Where is his self-respect

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

He rues the day more than she does.

So far anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

God that was bloody boring

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous