Rustle 2

Story Info
A wizard's potion changes a young man and his destiny. (2/3)
10.6k words
4.83
4.6k
11

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 04/15/2024
Created 04/13/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~

This work of fiction is part of a series; if you did not already read the preceding chapters, please do that before starting this one.

~~~

~~~ Town ~~~

Mara stripped off her dress and put on the clothes of one of the smaller thieves that Rustle had killed. It was much easier for her to ride on Russell's back, in his low-land gorilla form, wearing pants. It would also help them keep anybody from recognizing her when they snuck into town. She wore a bandana around her neck and a hat on her head - with her bright hair tucked up inside. From a distance, she could easily pass for a slender man.

They emptied the highwaymen's bags onto the floor of the cavern and then took three of them with them for whatever they might find a Mara's old home. She followed the ape to the edge of the ledge and then climbed onto his back to ride across the stream and through the woods.

When they got to the far bank of the stream where she'd landed after being struck by the stone, she had to wrap her arms around his neck and hold on as he climbed the bluff. It was almost effortless for him. There was no doubt in her mind that they'd be able to climb over the city walls without any trouble.

They remained far enough back in the trees to avoid notice, watching the town, until darkness fell. They waited until full dark - and after a changing of the guards - before she mounted up and Russell headed to the left to come at the walls where no one was actively watching.

They were over the wall in seconds and moving down the dark streets. They startled a couple of cats but, otherwise, things were really quiet. Five minutes later, Russell stopped in front of the place that Mara had previously called home.

She climbed off of his back and Russell pushed the door open and stepped inside.

<"Can you make a light?"> he asked.

The same flame that she used to light the campfire appeared in her hand. It lit up the front room of the dwelling. Everything was chaos.

<"Let's make sure nothing is living here and then you can explore,"> he told her.

Russell's current form barely fit through the doors - or down the hallway - but they quickly made their way from the front room, to the bedrooms, and the kitchen.

<"Looks clear. I'll wait at the front. Grab anything that looks useful.">

<"I love you,"> she told him.

<"I know this isn't easy,"> he replied. <"Rip it loose like a matted bandage - fast and clean. Be methodical, my beautiful witch. Grab what you need and let's go.">

<"You're right, my love,"> she sent back. <"Thank you.">

<"I'll hold you later and you can weep over what's been lost. Focus on your tasks. We're still in danger and I don't want to risk you any more than I have to.">

She kissed his fearsome maw and hurried through the house. She found a lamp that wasn't broken and lit it, freeing her other hand to help with packing up whatever she might uncover.

He heard something heavy being dragged through the house and the redhead appeared with her straw-filled mattress.

<"Can you carry this?">

<"Yes, easily,"> he replied.

She nodded.

He took the mattress and dragged it out to the street. Once it was dropped off, he prowled down the hall, turned the bed on its side and began dragging it out as well.

<"What are you doing?"> she asked.

<"We'll take the mattress when we go,"> he replied. <"I'll drop you off in the trees and come back for the bed. We'll leave it there until you're home and then I'll return for it. We'll have a real bed to fuck on.">

She giggled despite the tremendous tension she felt.

He leaned forward and kissed her. She grabbed his massive, furry head in her hands and kissed him back. When she let him go, he finished dragging the bed to the street.

After several more minutes, Mara returned with three bags stuffed with items she had recovered.

<"No tools?">

She shook her head.

He leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

She laid her palm against his cheek and kissed his leathery lips.

They slipped back out to the street. Russell rolled up the mattress like a rug and tucked it under his arm, walking on three of his four hands. Mara rode on his back quietly, keeping an eye out for anyone to emerge from the shadows to see them.

Once Russell had Mara and the mattress across the wall, he told her, <"Let me run back and grab the bed and I'll leave it here - so I don't have to worry about the guards changing.">

Mara nodded but looked worried.

Russell hurried. The bed was bulky but he was back before Mara had begun to get overly concerned. He left the wooden frame in the shadow of the wall, took the mattress back under his arm, and waited for his lover to climb onto his back.

~~~ Home ~~~

The way back to their home was slower but soon enough Mara and the rescued items were in the cave. She kissed his scary face and told him not to leave her to worry too long.

He startled a fox and a buck in his race back through the dark woods. He took up the bed-frame and struggled to find a good way to carry it. He finally just walked on his two hind feet/hands, and carried the thing above his head. This trip was much slower.

By the time he got back to the cave, the moon was high above his head and Mara was standing on the opposing shore. He shook a finger at her but she only shook her head back at him.

<"It's not safe,"> he growled.

<"You were taking too long,"> she shot back.

<"I'll be fine. What if something attacked you?">

<"You would rescue me,"> she replied.

His low growl startled several sleeping birds but she would not be cowed. He gave up, carried the bed across the stream, slid it behind the falls - and then discovered that it wouldn't fit inside of the mouth of the cave.

Mara laughed as she looked around his massive body to see what the problem was.

<"Bring it back out,"> she told him. <"We'll take it apart tomorrow and bring it in in pieces. We'll be cozy on the mattress, my love.">

She climbed back down from the ledge and waited for him to drag the bed frame back out. Once he had it out of the way, he lifted her back up to the ledge and then followed her inside.

She pulled him to the mattress and told him to change. She held his head in her lap and stroked his brow.

~~~ Bed ~~~

Russell awoke to the kisses of a fiery redhead. The moon's glow, through the water falling at the entrance to their hiding place, offered little light by which to see - but he smiled at how gorgeous she was. She was beautiful in the light of day or the dark of night.

She was naked - and ready. She pulled him on top of her - and between her thighs. As soon as his manhood was snugly ensconced within her secret place, he took her face into his hands and kissed the life out of her.

He stroked his length in and out of her as she kissed him. When she finally let him breathe, he wasted no time telling her how beautiful she was, how full his heart was, and how he planned to do everything he could to insure that she had everything she ever needed or wanted.

The sounds she made - both from the attention his stiff prick was giving her womanhood - and the butterflies that his words were loosing within her belly - filled his balls with seed and his loins with a rampaging lust. His thrusting came faster. Her pussy trembled as his raging prick pounded into her.

"Fuck me, beast-man," she growled. "Make me cum on your beautiful cock and then I want you to fill me with your seed."

As soon as her climax began, his cock lurched within her and his balls began giving her the very thing that she'd asked him for. She kissed him hard as soon as her breath returned.

"Another?" he asked her.

"There's plenty of time for that later," she purred. "Let's rest. You've had a busy day."

She pulled a tattered, thin blanket over them and they cuddled together and fell asleep.

~~~ Peddler ~~~

The next morning, they heated the last of the rabbits and ate them for breakfast - as well as for the supper they had skipped.

As they ate, Russell expressed, once again, his desire to make certain that the depths of the cave held no dangers that would come upon them when least expected or wanted.

He transformed into the gorilla and Mara climbed onto his back, called a flame to her palm, and they began to explore. They followed the cavern for nearly half an hour before deciding that it didn't warrant further investigation. They had heard no sounds, found no branching paths, and the way led ever downwards - deeper and deeper into the earth.

Russell vowed that he would build a barricade to help set his mind at ease but - for now at least - he was satisfied that nothing untoward would attack in the near future. There was a mild possibility that goblins might live somewhere below but there was no evidence in the spaces they had searched so far that showed signs of anything living there or passing through. They returned to their living spaces near midday.

Russell told Mara that it was likely that the wolf den would be quiet at this point in the day - and he set out to see if he could collect a few skins. She wanted to tag along but he wouldn't risk it. She grumped, but he wouldn't give in.

While he went to hunt, she started gathering things - mostly from the brigands - that she thought they could trade. Over breakfast, the other thing they had talked about was trading off the things they didn't need - for the things they wanted - like tools.

An hour later, Russell returned. He had taken four wolves and had acquired a couple bites. There were more wolves in the den but they had scattered when he attacked and he had decided to give up chasing them for now. The alpha remained alive - so he assumed the pack wouldn't move and he could return later.

Mara healed his wounds and then they skinned and butchered the animals. Russell dug a hole and they buried the offal. They had considered dumping it into the stream but there was quite a bit of it and they didn't want to foul the waterway. The pelts were hung in the cave to dry and they set about cooking the steaks they had collected.

Mara set aside the bones, certain organs, and other components from the wolves. They could be useful for certain spells and rituals. She needed a better way to preserve things but the cave was naturally cool so they would last for quite a while.

Since they planned to travel back to the thieves' nest after they ate, Russell stayed in the form of the gorilla to make the trip easier. They ate the wolf steaks and then Mara filled two packs with the crude armor and the weapons that they had no use for. They kept two bows, two quivers, and all of the arrows. Russell ambled out of the cave and dropped to the ground, turning to help Mara move the goods to the grass, and then lending her a hand to climb down. She gave him a quick peck, grabbed the bags, and climbed onto his back.

As they traveled, the two of them discussed what form Russell should be in at the roadside. The first question was whether he should appear as a human or an animal. The first argument against him being a human was that they hadn't packed anything for him to wear. The second was that neither of them was sure that they wanted people knowing the two of them were together - in case he needed to slip into town for something in the future.

If Russell was going to be in animal form, the next question was which one? Although Russell liked his current form in regards to his ability to deal with trouble, Mara assured him that no one would come near her while a giant ape was standing or sitting nearby. Russell wanted something that told people not to fuck with her; Mara wanted something innocuous and calming. Russell suggested a black panther; Mara suggested the otter.

In the end, she convinced him to take his ferret form. She reminded him that the animal was a quick, agile killer - as he'd shown when hunting the rabbits. A bite to the hand could disarm a combatant, a bite or swipe of the claws to the face could take them out of the fight, and a well-placed bite to the neck could end them.

When they arrived at the bandits' hiding spot, they found that the corpses had been removed - apparently not long after Russell had killed them. The area was clear. He lay on his side and began transforming.

Once Russell was ready, Mara carried the packs to the side of the road. She spread out a piece of canvas under a small shade tree and began laying out the items. They sat and chatted as they waited.

The first wagon that came along belonged to a farmer. He had no interest in trading for any of Mara's goods. His left arm was in a sling and Mara tried to get him to agree to let her heal him in exchange for a donation but he refused. He said he would have traded for a poultice or a tonic but didn't want her using magic. He wished her well and moved on.

A dandy on a horse came by but he only looked at Mara long enough to disregard her because of her simple shift. He passed by without a word.

The next wagon to come around the bend was a merchant with one guard walking beside the cart. The arms-man's hand went to the hilt of his sword as they approached. The merchant stopped and looked Mara over.

"Trading?"

She nodded.

"What for?"

"Tools," she replied, "carpenter's, tinker's, or garden."

"Where'd you get these?"

She waved her hand towards the spot where the thieves had hidden.

"Caught some brigands with their pants down," she said.

"Two days back?" he asked.

"Maybe," she replied.

"I was told it was quiet yesterday. There's usually someone hit once a day - but here you sit within sight of where they usually strike. I'll have to assume you're not lying."

Mara waited.

"I don't have any tools with me but I can pick some up in town. I'll be back, mid-morning tomorrow, heading home. If you're still here, I'll trade with you. If what you say is true, you've done us a great service and I'd be an idiot not to barter with you."

"I'll be here," she assured him.

"On the morrow, then," he said. "Good day to you."

"And you," she replied.

They sat at the roadside for another couple of hours but no one else would give them the time of day.

Russell changed to his ape-form and carried the two bags up a tree and set them in the branches. He clambered back down and Mara climbed onto his back to head home.

Mara warmed some wolf steaks while Russell went and gathered some more fuel for the fire. After they ate, they worked together to disassemble the bed, carry it inside, and put it back together.

Russell lay down on the reed-mat to transform and Mara set to work getting the mattress onto the frame. When he had woken up after his transformation, the redhead led him to the bed. They made love and fell asleep as night fell.

~~~ Trader ~~~

After breakfast, Russell changed to his ape-form and they headed back to the thieves' nest. Once he had the bags on the ground, he hid himself and transformed to his ferret form again. They had just gotten to the shade tree when they saw the trader approaching.

Behind the trader were two city guards on foot. When the merchant saw Mara getting worried, he turned to the armsmen and said something to them. They frowned at him but raised their hands in the air. Mara nodded and the group approached.

"When I asked the guards about the brigands, they confirmed that it's been quiet the last couple days. There was a reward for killing the men. The bodies were discovered two days ago but no one has come forward to claim the reward. These men are here to look over what you've captured. It is my belief that they will be able to adequately determine that you are - at the least - the one who found the dead men."

"My ... mate ... killed them," Mara said.

The trader's eyes went to the ferret and then back to the woman.

"Is he available?"

"He's hiding - keeping an eye on me - you'll need to deal with me."

"If you will show these men what you showed me, I believe they can make their decision. The loot, obviously, is yours. Once they've made up their minds about the reward, I will make the trade with you that we talked about yesterday."

Mara spread out the canvas and began taking out the armor and weapons - including the bow.

"Only one bow?" a guard asked.

"I kept the other two, the matching quivers, and the arrows. I can use those to hunt."

"Three archers and three swordsman?" the other asked, looking over the weapons.

Mara nodded.

"The reward is two golds. With your permission, I would like to take the armor to compare to the bodies - to confirm to my commander what we believe - that you did, indeed, remove the brigands. In payment for the armor, I would offer ... three silver more."

"Six," the trader countered. "A silver for each."

The guard looked from the trader to Mara and said, "Six."

Mara nodded.

The guard stepped forward, counted the coins into Mara's hand, and then the two of them collected up the pieces of armor. The man looked at the redhead in surprise when she offered him one of the bags.

"I can't pay you," he said.

"A gift," she replied.

"It is much appreciated," he told her, taking the bag.

The two men began loading the armor into the pack. The trader climbed down from the wagon.

"I have all of what you asked for," he told her. "Unfortunately, despite the fact that it's not fair to you, I have little use for the weapons and can only trade one set of the tools for what you have. If you are interested in all three sets, I can sell you the other two for one gold."

"Since I wouldn't have the golds if not for your good favor," Mara replied, "I believe your offer is more than acceptable."

The trader began bringing out the tools. He nodded to his guard, who collected up the items that remained on Mara's canvas.

"Your ferret is well trained," the trader remarked, as he brought out the tools.

"He's not for sale," Mara replied.

"I didn't think so," he responded. "I was told that the townspeople believe you to be a witch. I really don't care. As I said before, you have done those of us who travel these roads frequently a great service. As evidenced by the guards, and the reward you received, the city officials believe so as well. I do not wish to intrude on your privacy but there are times when I could use a healer. Are you able to use magic to heal?"

Mara nodded, reservedly.

He pointed back towards the town, "About a mile past that bend, where the road skirts the forest, there is a trader's camp. Those in my profession generally camp there when we come to town. We're close enough to the city guards to have some protection, but far enough out not to have a pay an inn for the privilege of having them pretend to guard our goods. We also hire off-duty guards to keep watch there. I usually come here and stay on mid-week's eve. If you had talismans, amulets, poultices, and tonics that you wanted to trade, I would love to share my dinner with you and discuss your terms."

Mara stammered out, "That is very kind of you. I will keep that in mind."

The trader laughed and said, "It also gives you a reason to pass by this place that the brigands like so well. I will not attempt to deceive you; it is my hope that your continued presence in this area will discourage others from thinking to take the places of those who have been removed."

Mara nodded.

Seeing that the guard had collected everything he needed, the trader turned back to Mara. He glanced at the ferret and then looked back to the redhead.

"Thank you, again, for your service," he said. "I do hope you can visit me some time. Should I assume that flasks and jars would be trading items that would interest you?"

"I could use a mortar and pestle," Mara admitted. "Mine was ... lost."