All Comments on 'S7: Holy War'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Really great follow up. Looking forward to the next part. As always superbly written and makes the reader invested in the characters and want yo know what happens with their lives which is all a story can do. Of course the characters have flaws and weaknesses. They are supposed to be real people and we all have good bits and not so good bits. As always thanks for writing and sharing thus. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you for another great read......The story draws you and you keep reading to see whats next

I can not wait to start the next

keep writing you have a great story telling way and its enjoyable to read

***********

Carolynne

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I dunno, qhml1 has gone pretty far off the reservation with this story line. The irony here being that what he's written here pretty much proved that Jo was correct in tricking Pete into getting married all those years ago and his anger at being tricked and deciding to "follow his dream" has pretty much directly lead to not just his near death (several times now) but to the death and injury of many of his family members.

<>

Basically, Jo was right and he'll never acknowledge it, even with so many people wounded or in the ground. His remaining children should probably hate him at this point for the continual damage he has done to their family. The guy is an ass.

<>

Sigh. The writing is pretty decent in this story, but the fact that you haven't really explored the moral implications of Pete's midlife crisis here (and that's how this reads, a middle aged man trying to recapture his youth) and because of this, I've really turned on the series. Like to the point where reading the next installment is about as appealing as a root canal. It's like... who is there to like in this story? Who is there to cheer for? I don't even want to see vengeance for the deaths in the last chapter here because I don't blame it on the terrorists, I blame it (correctly) on Pete - yet he'll never admit responsibility. In a way, he's so much worse than Jo, at least her manipulations didn't get anyone killed. I'm actually quite amazed at how unsympathetic you've written this main character.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...