Sadie Outlaw Ep. 005: CRAZY HORSE

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mornin' ladies." Grennen made his way to the barbershop entrance. The patron gents scattered at seeing Ira with his shotgun over his shoulder. They knew he was a very good shot but a tad clumsey too! "What? No whisker trims Gents?"

"They were after my trim." Sadie chuckled, realizing Dorie Finn had left her hanging. A shame Sadie thought, wanting to get to know the Irish girl better. There was still time. All the TIME in her world. "Grennen! Any word from Sheriff Barrett?"

"No, ma'am! It's a long ride from El Paso through some nasty territory. I'm just hopin' he makes it home in one piece. Lots of scalpin' in these parts."

"Sez the man in front of a barbershop. Like my pants Ira?" She performed a 360 to show off. "Made in French Lick In Diana!" Indiana! Her way of making it sexual. Carlotta actually caught on to that once Sadie flicked her tongue at the girl.

"Yep! Rattler!" Grennen sighed and made a rattler's clicking with his tongue. "You can take up your attire with Tom when he gets back. With you handin' me the Dillsby gang I got no place to lock you up for yer indecency."

"I'm harmless unless provoked Ira. Just relax, I'm covered up. Could be worse!" She did sinch up her cleavage better realizing her oversight. "There! The sidewinder on my shirt slithered on home." Meaning the laces.

"I reckon. Miss Carlotta... I rarely get the pleasure of seeing you outside of Millie's."

"Mistress Millie made muffins. Mistress Millie made muffins. Mistress Millie made muffins. I did it without getting tongue tried... tied. Durn it!" Carlotta giggled.

"Hungry Ira? There's a whole passle of sugar muffins if Eddie ain't ate them all." She prevented Carlotta from trying to say even that three times. If Eddie ain't ate them all, was another tongue twister. "Yer welcome to one. Matter of fact leave me one for later and take the rest to the jail. Peace offerin' to Sam and the boys. They still callin' me the Devils Daughter?"

"A few other names too. Sam asked me to wire his momma over in Dallas and let her know where they are. It is respect to their elders and all, but I got me a hunch it's a trick."

"I'm here to back you up if you need me, Ira. You know I can handle myself."

"Heard you tossed a knife into a wood beam. Nobody but you could pull it out. What's yer secret?"

"Nanites!"

"That like dynamite?"

"Might say that." She laughed, hearing Tilly in her thoughts advising her to stop talking about future technology. "Somethin' my old Nanny fed me. Pretty sure I shit those out though. Just naturally tough Ira. I'm goin' down to the stables. Wanna watch me break a horse?"

"That would be a sight to behold." He smirked. "Carlotta? Can I trust you?"

"Of course!"

"Grab those muffins and take them to the jail. Feed the Dillsby Gang. Toss the muffins from a distance. Don't get up close or they'll nab ya." Fear in her eyes she looked at Sadie for comfort.

"Tell them the Devils Daughter will skin them alive if they touch ya."

"I will. This is... thrilling." She giggled with a favorable shiver. "Hold on while I get the basket." She hurried inside and found Edward feeding his face. With eight muffins left she frowned. "Sadie wants these back."

"Ah! Yes, of course! The basket does belong to Millie and Alfred. It was... good to see you away from... the brothel."

"It feels strange. Stop by and see me sometime."

"Perhaps... I rather like Sadie, I'm afraid."

"Everyone likes her. She's new. I will be here when she is gone." Leaving one for Sadie she took the muffins and left him to ponder her wisdom. Stepping to the door to see Grennen and Sadie talking he realized he truly was out of his league. A shame!

"I'm off!" Carlotta smiled, giving Ira a mufflin then headed for the jail. "Good luck with the horse."

"Thanks Carl! See you at lunch."

"I will try."

"No! You will succeed! I'll make certain of that." Grennen admired Sadie's strength. "Let's strut Ira."

"After you!"

"You jus' wanna eyeball my backside."

"Hard to miss that there box canyon." Even for a bad shot. The sidewinder was in back nipping at her heels. His jest!

Side to side to side!

Grennen was grinnin'!

********

O'Malley's Stables... larger than expected.

"How did I miss this place? It didn't look as big as this when I first hit town."

"Ole" Cyrus loves horses. Looks like your lucky day Miss L'Amour, there's Cyrus now. He brought Plumb out with him even." Ira nodded at the tall burly man in a white suit and hat along with him his lovely well dressed... maid. Former slave it had been noted.

"Cyrus, huh? Big fella!" Cyrus stood at 6 foot 4 at a well-built frame of 280. Dressed all in white to color compliment his beautiful escort, Plumb's dress in lavender to match her name. "Looks like they're goin' to church."

"Rarely! Cyrus is kinda... a home body usually. Only comes out for town meetings and all. He sends Plumb there to the mercantile when he needs something."

"The townsfolk accept her when he's not on her arm?"

"They got no choice. His town he can make 'em move."

"What? No land deeds?"

"He owns those deeds because every person livin' in Sugar Plum owes him money."

"Ah! A land shark."

"Pardon? Oceans a long way off, even the gulf."

"Not that kind of shark. Introduce me, Ira."

"I can do that." He takes the lead and moves up to Cyrus and Plumb who were talking to Shaunesy Finn about the horse that had escaped. Cyrus was put off by their carelessness. "Pardon me, Mister O'Malley. Someone here I'd like you to meet." Turning to follow Ira's voice, Cyrus found Sadie tipping her hat up on her brow. "This here is... "

"The bounty hunter who captured the Dillsby's. Where is my money?"

"No idea! If I did, I'd have handed it over."

"Would you now?" Cyrus stared with scrutiny. "A woman wearing what you have on, looks to me like someone untrustworthy."

"Nice to meet you too O'Bully... I mean O'Malley. Don't worry none I'm jus' waitin' on the Sheriff to get me my reward money for the Dillspickles! I'll be out of yer haircrosses soon after."

"Now Miss L'Amour there's no need for name callin'." Ira put up a palm to silence her.

"Call it how I see it. Bully me, I'll Brahma you back O'Malley. Love the dress Miss Plumb." The woman blushed and lowered her eyes. "At least you keep your servants in fine things. I noticed you hangin' clothes out on the line yesterday. I hope ya don't mind sayin' I think yer a very beautiful lady. A might familiar even." Hearing that Cyrus loosened up and admired Plumb for himself.

"Forgive my judgment... Miss L'Amour, was it?"

"Sadie! I'll play nice as long as you do. I hear we have a few things in common."

"Oh? What might that be?" The silver haired giant asked.

"Horses for one. Billiards for another. I've been known to play a mean game of pool." Shark! The ocean was still a long way off. Loan shark versus Pool Shark. "I get my reward money I might be persuaded to wager on a game if yer interested."

"I think not. Billiards is a man's game."

"Bet Plumb there knows how to play. Don't ya, Boombasa." The woman's eyes light up at her birth name being spoken. Even Cyrus narrowed his eyes over that bit of knowledge.

"How do you know... who are you Miss L'Amour?" He worried she might have been from the Deep South where he rescued Plumb. Although there was no southern accent. "Where might you hail from?"

"All over! Sup Shaunesy. I met yer sister earlier. Where is ole' Hunky Dorie?" Shaunesy clammed up but did glare toward the barn. Sadie presumed Dorieann was within hiding out.

"You're in my town Miss L'Amour... I expect answers."

"Open book Cyrus. As far as my knowin' Plumb's name goes... I'll tell you after I break Inferno." The crazy horse was hopping around in the massive corral like a wild... beast. It was! "Ain't he somethin'!"

"Her death certificate." Grennen nodded with a loco look in his demeanor.

"So, Cyrus... wager? I break Inferno I keep him? Seein' as your staff... workers are strugglin'." Shaunesy gnashed his teeth at how right she was.

"Put the horse down." Cyrus directed Shaunesy. "No wager! It's beyond taming."

"So am I." Sadie stepped closer then prompted Shaunesy to let her by. Climbing the fence Sadie took a walk across the grounds toward Inferno, shit dodging along the way. Someone was lazy.

"There's no saddle on him." Shaunesy fret, "He's gonna trample ye."

"Yeah! Yeah!" Fingers crossed Sadie sucked up her pride and kept on walking. Spying her advance toward him Inferno darted about, and she could almost decipher cursing in his whiney. "You hush up! It's me or a bullet. Which do you want more?" The horse reared up then charged her. Standing her ground, she dug her boot heels in and drew her right arm back.

"Is she gonna punch the horse?" Grennen stood up on the fence prepared to go help her or at the very least drag her corpse out. Growling Cyrus drew a pistol from his side and pointed it at Inferno. Before he could fire Plumb reached up and palmed his knuckles. Seeing her innocent eyes light up Cyrus lowered his firearm. He never could resist those big brown orbs. Although he had his temperamental moments now and again. Dominant most days he did find her a comfort.

"Let it play out. It's her funeral, but she's not being buried in my graveyard." In his grumble he noticed a congregation of locals coming out to watch. Even Dorie stood ready to run out and help the crazy woman, Dooley right beside her. With Inferno barreling down on her the horse veered at the very last second. Instead of punching the beast she uncurled her fist and lashed out to grab the horse's mane. Rolling with the force of his tug she used the momentum to throw her body upward and actually mount the horse. To all eyes that was pretty impressive, if not foolhardy. That most certainly didn't go over well with Inferno. Let the dumb buck begin!

Like a rodeo star she chuckled in mid arch, "Eight seconds Inferno. Bet I can hold on longer." It was one hell of a ride. The horse even attempted to rub her up against the fence, but she moved as fast as he did, going side saddle without the actual saddle. People were in awe of her speed and determination to stay on. "So that's why they call horses Old Paint. You just peeled the paintjob on that barn. We're in this together Barnstormer." Hearing Barn for some reason Inferno slowed up and looked directly at the barn itself. Within the barn was a burning urn with open flames. A branding iron present. Trotting up to the entrance Dooley sealed the door before the horse could run through and cause a fire. With his reasoning distorted the horse retreated back into the open corral and resumed trying to hurl Sadie off of his back.

"I thought you were settlin' down. Why the change of heart? I can be yer best friend Inferno. What in Tarnation has gotten into you?" As if acknowledging her, the horse stopped cold then sat down on the ground. Laughter ensued! "Okay! What are you up to? Y'know, my Uncle Brandon had a horse named Tarnation. You prefer that name over Inferno? I can maybe roll with the moniker change out of respect for Brand... " She paused and looked back at the barn, "Branding irons? Brand... on! Bran... Barn? Is that our connection Inferno, back when you stared up at me at Edward's?" Stunned she conferred with her sidekick, "Tonto Tilly?"

"Yes Sadie?"

"Am I on to somethin' here?"

"Perhaps! Dr. Carlsbad has had conversations with other scientists. The reason a female can traverse time better than a male is still unknown, but males usually come home insane, as if their very soul has been stripped right out of them."

"Maybe it has. My buddy Boone's grandfather always spoke of spirit animals. Carlsbad ever consider that maybe some crazy frequency in time travel pulls a person's soul out of their body? You said Uncle Brandon was your lover... did he truly love you?"

"So, he said. Yes."

"Experiment time." Sadie crawled off of Inferno's back and moved to face him. "I know this is a stretch... but... are you in there Uncle Brandon? Tilly wants to know." The horse in reaction bobbed his head then nearly knocked her over butting her chest. "If you are in there, Uncle B... stop playin' with my boobies. Ain't real becomin' of the gent I knew."

Standing up the horse bowed before her and snorted. "Sadie? Brandon used to bow to me each day he stopped by to see me. You might be correct here. Try something for me and let's see his response."

"Hit me!"

"Scratch his left ear. If he falls over then it is him. It was a game we used to play."

"Gotcha!" Reaching over she did indeed scratch him behind the ear. Sure, enough as if recognizing the action, the horse flopped over on its side and lay flat on the ground. "Well, I'll be damned. Uncle Brandon?" Rearing back up the horse took to its hooves and stomped his foot on the ground.

"Uhh? One stomp for yes, two for no. It worked for Mister Ed." Edward Pike entered her thoughts briefly. "Too funny! Are you in really in there Uncle Brandon?" One stomp! "Did you own a horse named Boone?" She knew it was Tarnation. Two stomps of his hoof meant no. "Was it... Carlsbad?" Two stomps again. "Was it Tarnation?" Once! "Have you missed me?" Head butt! He took off running around the corral. Laughing Sadie started walking back toward Cyrus O'Malley. On her way she was met by Dorieann.

"That there was somethin'! How did you do that?"

"Horse Whisperer! I just told him he was goin' to the glue factory if he didn't become my horse. Cyrus was gonna put him down. I can't let that happen."

"I hate when we get stuck shootin' good horses. Here!" Dorie handed her a fresh cigar. "Found a tree with some growin' on it."

"Match? Or do I need to use a brandin' iron to light it." Her butane lighter was in her bag back at Eddie's.

"Used my last one. Save that for later."

"Thanks Hunky! I'll be visitin' you more while I'm in town. Do me a favor... "

"Name it."

"Call the horse Tarnation from here on. He won't throw you through the barn door."

"Not takin' that chance. Be seein' ye!" The girl took off back to her brother Dooley.

"Broke him, Cyrus. Can I keep him?"

"Fifty dollars he's yours. Better yet, go find my money. I'll give you the horse and make certain the Judge pays you the Dillsby bounty. You have my word."

"His word good Boombasa?" She eyes the African beauty. Noting her smile was good enough for Sadie. "Make me a saddle to call my own and you got a deal. I'll just shake one of the Dillsby's until he fesses up about the whereabouts of the bank loot. I am the Devils Daughter." Inferno, now named Tarnation bolted up behind her and knocked her hat off. Boombasa giggled at the horse's sudden playfulness.

"Now I know yer Uncle Brandon." Sadie thought, "He used to flip my hat off every chance he could. Going verbal Sadie told Cyrus, "Changin' his name to Tarnation. He likes it better. Mind keepin' him until I get that saddle. I'm bettin' Dooley can make me one by mornin'." His work was never done. "Oh! New shoes for my steed." Tarnation stomped on her foot. Gritting her teeth, she doubled up her fist and snarled. "Don't make me regret this." Thankfully nothing was broken, her tenderness healing instantly due to the nanites in her cells. Brandon used to give her horseback rides when camping. She used to call him Steed. He hated that.

"You never told me how you knew Plumb's birth name." Cyrus helped Sadie over the fence. Deputy Grennen admiring her thigh gap with a dry swallow shook his head. So perfect!

"Recognized her. I was on the slave ship that brought her over from Guinea. Caught a ride to America from France with my father. The ship stopped to pick up slaves on the way. No, I do NOT believe in slavery, nor did my father." Making all of this up as she went along Tilly even tracked down the slave ships name as the Duchess Deep. "I remained in the captain's quarters, but I overheard her name on a logbook when they checked her in as a child. Pretty close to the same age Plumb. It's nice to see you again." No words spoken Plumb simply nodded, Plumb knew she was lying but refrained from warning Cyrus of it. "Anyway! I'm glad yer in good hands with Cyrus here. Healthy and well taken care of."

"Is this truth?" He looked at Plumb. "Speak!"

"Yes Sir! I remember seeing her... but only one time."

"My father kept me isolated because of the sailors and well, the slaves. Protective and all."

"It is nice to meet you again." Plumb spoke up. "How is your father?"

"Died, I'm afraid." Her real dad had.

"I am sorry for your loss."

"Thanks! I need to get back and rest up. Saddle by mornin'?"

"I will see to it." Cyrus nodded. "Remain here Plumb." Leaving her Cyrus went off to confer with Dooley over a saddle investment. Once away Sadie sighed.

"Sorry to put ya on the spot there. No, we've never met."

"I know. You... must be careful. Cyrus is... not a good man."

"Looks like he's fond of you."

"I take care of all of his needs. Including... I owe him my life."

"Hate the guy, don't you?"

"Very much!" She flared her eyes. "I have nowhere else to go. Thankfully, he cannot sire children."

"Shootin' blanks, huh?"

"Yes! He... beats me below the neck. You must not let on I speak of this. It... pleasures him to whip me."

"So, still a slave."

"Yes! He however does not think of it like that. He was a soldier before he moved here. Rescued me from the Underground yet lied of whom he truly is."

"No record beyond what we know of Cyrus O'Malley." Tilly told Sadie within her mind. "Nice cover story by the way."

"Seat of my panties Tilly. If you care about Brandon, keep this info of him being in a horse to yourself. Even from Carlsbad. Especially, Westmore!"

"I will prove my loyalty." Nuff said!

"Do you want away from Cyrus?" Sadie consoled Boombasa, "I can make that happen."

"Where would I go? The white man hates my kind."

"You're as human as they are Boom Boom."

"Boom Boom?" She winced.

"Blew me away the second I saw you." Sadie laughed. "Just don't blow my cover with Cyrus. I'll think of a way to take you with me. If you want to ride along."

"Tempting! I will consider your offer. Getting away from Cyrus will not be easy."

"You let me worry about that. Just act normal. If he questions you about me further just stick with saying I had freckles as a kid and pigtails. Carried around a doll with blonde hair. My dad was tall and sturdy. Nothing more needed."

"As you say. He is very good at billiards."

"I know I'm better." A wink left it at that. "You can tell him I tried to butter you up to get him to play pool with me."

"I will use that to your advantage."

"Good! I'll call you Plumb from now on."

"In front of the townsfolk. In private... I rather like Boom Boom."

"Kablooey!" She made an explosion motion with her hands. Cyrus returning questioned that motion. "We were talkin' about the cannons on the ship. There was a time on the high seas we faced pirates. We survived!"

"I see. Your saddle will be ready by morning. Deputy Grennen said he needed to go check on the Dillsby's. Seeing as I am the mayor of my town, I'll discuss things with Judge Bean next Tuesday when he arrives, concerning your reward money."

"A whole week. It is what it is. Much appreciated Cyrus. I'll get started on that hunt for the loot in the mornin'! Big desert out there but I do know where I ran into the Dillsby's. Bettin', they hid it nearby."

"Very good! Come along Plumb. Lemonade sounds wonderful."

"Where do you get lemons?"

"Tree in my back yard. One of many fruits of my labors."

"Oh! Okay! Right by the cigar tree, I'm guessin'." She showed him the cigar Dorie gave her. Cyrus paused and reached into his coat pocket producing matches in a small tinder box. Lighting one Sadie eased in and he lit the cigar. "Gentleman and a scholar."