Same Old Lang Syne

Story Info
A random afternoon: Meeting, Confession, Reconciliation.
14.9k words
4.4
7.1k
6

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 06/18/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All detailed sex is consensual and the two characters are both over 18.

This is a slow build, until about half way. So, if you're looking for a quickie, I'm afraid that you'll be disappointed. But, after that...

Please take time to vote and any constructive comments are welcomed. So, please enjoy.

Dan Folgelberg, 'Same Old Lang Syne', played on the radio a few days ago. I closed my eyes and went back almost 50 years.

Met my old lover in the grocery store

The snow was falling Christmas Eve

I stole behind her in the frozen foods

And I touched her on the sleeve...

...She didn't recognize the face at first....

...She said she'd married her an architect

Who kept her warm and safe and dry

She would've liked to say she loved the man

But she didn't like to lie...

Ok. It wasn't my old lover. It wasn't Christmas Eve. And it wasn't in a grocery store.

It was my first real high school girlfriend, in the middle of summer, and it was in the health food and vitamin store that her sister and husband had opened six months earlier.

And this one random afternoon will live with me forever.

1973

Hi, my name is Bill. I'm back in my small hometown in the Midwest. I had finished my college, majoring in Mechanical Engineering and was working in a Chicago suburb, about 45 minutes away.

The company I worked for, designed components for the Military and Aerospace industries. It was the type of work that I couldn't discuss with my parents. I had to undergo a security background check. Fortunately, me getting busted with alcohol in my college dorm four years ago, didn't show up. Currently, I was classified as 'Secret' due to my newness to the company. After a year, or so, I was expecting to be upgraded to 'Top Secret'.

I lived alone in my own apartment. About every other week, I would drive back and spend the weekend with my parents. I know that they both enjoyed having me home for the weekend, like the 'good ole days'. It was relaxing to spend some time in the small town that I grew up in. I had lost touch with my high school classmates while I was away at college. Never reconnecting, even I was home for the summers, or breaks.

No girlfriend and none on the horizon. Well, maybe a 'possibility'. It's kind of difficult to develop a relationship with any of my female coworkers, given the nature of my position, besides the fact that the company strictly forbid any interoffice relationships.

I had tried the bar scene; but, it wasn't my thing. I wasn't a social butterfly. Besides, most of the women there were there looking for a future mate... I was not. To be blunt... casual sex would have been wonderful. It was something that I had never experienced, the 'casual' or the 'sex' part.

Yes, I had a few pleasant experiences in college. All casual and fun, which usually ended up with the girl being topless and me ravaging her nipples. Or, on a rare occasion, a completely naked girl, as she would guide my fingers to where, and how, she wanted. I got pretty good, if I must say. Most of those occurrences ended in a satisfying hand-job, which added to the whole college experience.

But, I left college with my official 'V Card' intact... Unfortunately.

In today's terms I was 'semi nerd'. I wasn't the whole 'pocket protector' nerd. Along with the usual Engineering classes, I had taken a couple of Fortran programing classes in school. Wasn't proficient in it, just knew my way around the code. It was enough, that I could talk, somewhat intelligently with my co-workers.

Living alone, I was finding myself bored during the week and was looking for something to constructively occupy my time.

A random occurrence occurred one day at the local grocery store. I noticed a flyer announcing the beginning of a coed karate class with the local park district in a few weeks. So, for reasons unbeknown to me, I got into martial arts. It was something that had always fascinated me, but, never had the opportunity to follow through on.

It was the mental discipline that attracted me to the sport. I was never a 'jock' in high school. Physically fit? Yes. In college, I would run a few miles in the evenings after finishing my studying, just to unwind and to rid myself of the stress of classes. With karate, I was expecting to achieve some discipline, body strength, and confidence.

The fact that it was coed made the whole class more inviting. It sounded like a better place to meet girls than the local bars.

There were a variety of ages. Out of a class of twenty, about half were around my age. And of those ten, there were surprisingly six women, which I have to confess were cute. Plus... and a big plus... none wore wedding bands.

The class was run by a no-nonsense black belt Sensei. Discipline was strictly adhered to, which made 'open flirting' difficult and next to impossible. Still, there were flirting looks and inviting grins.

A few weeks into the class, the four of us guys banded together and asked the women if they wanted to meet up at the local bar, just to get to know each other a bit better. Since socializing during class was not allowed. The invitation was met with bright and eager smiles.

The women had changed into their street clothes. Man, what a transformation. While the classic Gi was loose. Their street clothes left no doubt that they were all petite, fit, and athletic.

I was drawn to a cute blonde, Sam, who had been giving me a constant stream of flirting smiles in the few weeks of classes. She always seemed to be, either next to me, or close by.

Her blonde hair was pulled back into a casual ponytail. She was dressed in loose shorts that came mid-thigh. The V-neck pullover top hugged her small perky breasts. Compared to the rest of the girls, at the table, she wore very little makeup. But then, she really didn't need any. Her personality, and easy laid-back nature, hinted that she may have been a bit of a tomboy growing up, and perhaps, still was, to a point. But, sitting there. Watching her. Listening to her laugh... there was no doubt, that she was a 100% sexy and confident woman, who enjoyed hanging out with a bunch of guys.

During the class, I could see her concentration and determination to perfect her form. She was very coordinated with fluid and graceful movements. Even though we were all barefoot, Sam looked exceptionally cute standing there in her bare feet.

Sam was maybe five foot four and around 100 pounds. Tiny waist. As I mentioned, perky breasts, that looked two small half apples sitting high on her chest. Her legs were smooth and had the shape and muscle firmness of a runner.

Over a couple rounds of drinks, we talked as a group. Where we lived. Why we started the class. If it was something that we thought we might pursue. Stuff like that. All very casual. As always, the topic of Vietnam came up, briefly. We all agreed that it was a huge mistake.

An hour, or so, after the second after-class get together, it was just Sam and me. The other girls had dragged the guys to some other bar for some live music and dancing. Sam said that she had an early morning the next day, and that she was just going to finish her drink and head home.

Another spontaneous thought... I asked if she had plans for Saturday.

She beamed, and said nothing that she couldn't rearrange, and asked what I had in mind. That she would rearrange her schedule for me, brought inward smile and a warm feeling.

I was kind of caught by surprise. Asking her out was one of those moments of impulsiveness and I hadn't thought past 'what if she says yes'. My brain going a hundred miles an hour.

It was summer. The weekend was supposed to be warm and sunny. So, a casual first date quickly formed in my brain.

"What would you think of taking the train into the City? We could either walk along the beach, have some Chicago pizza. Or instead, maybe visit one of the museums or the aquarium? We could go late in the morning, and stay as late as we wanted to."

"I haven't been in the City in a number of years. Let's hit the Museum of Science and Industry. I've never been there. People say that it's more interesting than the Natural History Museum. Maybe we could do the aquarium another day. That sounds like fun too."

I liked where this was going.

......................................

The forty-five minute train ride into the City was fun. We got to spend our first real alone time together, without the distractions of the group.

I asked her if 'Sam' was short for Samantha. She grinned and nodded.

Sam grew up in a small farming town with a neighborhood of mostly boys. She learned to throw a baseball and football before she was nine years old. Became really good at shooting a basketball. So good, that it was not uncommon for her to out-shoot, out-dribble, and out-run most of the boys. Getting a bloody nose, or scrapped knees were not uncommon for her, and never fazed her. She just got up, brushed herself off, and went back to whatever she was doing. She was never into the whole 'Barbie' doll thing. Her comfort level was hanging out with her 'guy' friends. Sam did admit, with a grin, that once she started to get breasts, the boys kind of back off a bit and treated her a bit more gently. For her, she just pressed on more aggressively. She was still the same ole 'Sam'.

She grinned at me, "Yeah, I was a tomboy. And 'Samantha' didn't fit me. I think the only people that called me 'Samantha' were my teachers.

"I guess, I still am, to a certain extent. I mean I enjoy hanging out with guys over girls. I'm not all hung up on clothes and like to be simple and casual. Shopping I do only when I have to. And, makeup isn't a big deal to me. I like the easy and natural look."

"I kind of thought so. And for the record Sam, you don't need makeup."

That brought a bright smile, and a twinkle in her eye.

"You thought so? Why? Just because I'm taking karate?"

"No. The way that you move in the class. You move so gracefully... so coordinated. I can see how athletic you are."

That brought a smile as she hugged my arm.

We talked about what we did for a living.

Sam was an OB/GYN nurse working in a hospital, close to where she lived. Sam said that she really enjoyed it. Most days she left with warm feelings of accomplishment, either helping new mothers through their first pregnancy or caring for their newborns, on their first few days of life. Although there were days that she went home emotionally drained, and wondered sometimes if it was something that she really wanted to do the rest of her life. Adding that that was another reason she wanted to take the karate class. To help her unwind after a grueling day, and looked forward to it each week. During the week, she would practice the moves in her apartment. The more grueling the day, the more aggressively she would go through her routine. She was pretty sure that she was going to continue to higher belts. Besides the exercise from the class, she would run a couple of miles, when her schedule and weather permitted it. She was glad the karate class was on one of her days off between her consecutive 12 hour shifts.

I gave her a 'high level' description of what I did. She found it intriguing that I couldn't talk in detail about what I did. Not even the name of the Company.

Sam said that she was glad that I asked her out. From the first class, she had singled me out, as someone that she thought she would like to get to know better. Our after class get-togethers re-enforced that. She liked the idea that this was a 'casual' first date and not a more intimate dinner date. She did hint that an intimate dinner date sounded like fun too, at some point.

She was very open and honest with me. Telling me how she wasn't looking to get into a relationship right then, as she had just gone through a rough breakup, and just left it like that. I knew enough not to probe.

I told her I wasn't looking for a relationship either. Right now I was buried in my career, as was she. We both agreed to keep things simple and casual, and see what happens. We both understood, each of us were free to date other people. But, we both looked forward to our after-class get-togethers.

It was a fun day. We each had fun. Held hands a few times. Exchanged bright smiles. Sam even rested her head on my shoulder a few times; both on the train and as we walked around.

Being a nurse and an engineer, the exhibits at the museum, were generally things that we could easily relate to. The tour through the captured German U-Boat, was fascinating. The exhibit on 'Pre-Natal Development' was intriguing. I think we spent more time there than any of the others. I listened intently as Sam explained a lot of the intricacies of the developing fetus. I think we drew a bit of a following as we went from one display to the next. A few even asked her questions. She was a smart and caring girl.

I got a parting kiss as I walked her up to her apartment. I promised that we would do it again. Asked if she was a 'die hard' Cubs fan. That brought another smile and brief kiss to my cheek. She gave me a playful pout when I said that I was a Packer fan.

I left with a warm and satisfying feeling. We seemed to have a 'chemistry' between us. It was something that I had never experienced. Who knows? Maybe. I just needed to play my cards right and just let things happen as they were meant to happen. I was in no rush. And I knew that Sam wasn't either.

..................................................

So, how did I wind up, face-to-face, with my high school girlfriend that one random summer afternoon?

It was a week after Sam and I had first gone out and I was home for the weekend, as Sam had family plans at their get-away cabin in Northern Wisconsin.

My mom was busy around the house and suddenly realized that she was out of a special vitamin that she was only able to get from the local vitamin store, and asked me to go into town and get her a couple of bottles. She had already told me that my high school girlfriend's sister, Jackie and her husband, Tom, had opened the store, and she really wanted to support their efforts. This being the early 70's, health food stores were in their infancy. They were struggling to stay afloat, especially in a small Midwestern dairy town. Truth was... they were ahead of their time and nobody appreciated what they had to offer.

I knew both of them. Jackie was a year younger than my high school girlfriend, Michelle, who was a year younger than me. And, her husband, Tom was a year older than me. They had been going together while Michelle and I were dating during my senior year in high school.

Jackie was a smart girl. Honor Roll most of her high school years and graduated pretty high in her class. After high school, I know that she had attended one of the universities and had graduated with a degree in education. Guess that degree wasn't going to get put to any practical use. Tom was a nice guy, and had been drafted and served two years in the Army. Fortunately, he avoided Vietnam, and spent most of his time in Germany. The four of us would occasionally go out together. They got married just last year.

The store was in a pretty poor location, as far as being able to attract random 'foot traffic'. It sat behind an existing store, which faced the main street. The only access to their store was from a side door, and the only way that you would know it existed was the name of the store on the door. It did have a backdoor that faced the alley, but, nobody walked through the alley.

Going down the long hallway and opening the final door, I heard a soft bell as the door clipped a hanging bell, signaling that someone had entered the store.

"Be with you in a second," I heard from the back room.

"No problem. I'll just look around."

The inside of the store had a warm, relaxed, comfortable feeling, and was softly lit. It was probably twenty foot by twenty foot, with an open area in the center. Shelves of various vitamins and health stuff on threes walls. In the center side sat a sofa. In front of the sofa sat a slightly used coffee table with an incense burner. A couple of end tables with a couple of small lamps sat alongside the sofa. A soft piano melody played in the background over their sound system.

It was clean and orderly. You could tell that they had put most of their money into their products, but, tried to make the rest of the store warm and inviting.

"So, how can I help you?"

I turned, expecting to see Jackie.

Instead of the dark haired Jackie, I was facing a blonde... Michelle. We stood there and stared at each other, not completely sure of what our senses were telling us. But, looking at her eyes... I was certain in an instant.

"Bill?"

The Michelle I knew in high school was about five foot six maybe 115 pounds, with light brown hair in a pixie cut that framed her face. Some girls can be best described as beautiful, pretty, cute, or plain. I would put Michelle as between pretty and cute. And then there were those full 'B' cup breasts.

It had been around two and a half years, since I last saw her.

The Michelle that stood in front of me was now blonde and a bit heavier, but not too much. She was still attractive. Her blonde hair was up in a casual ponytail. Her breasts seemed fuller than I remembered. But, she still had the same gentle smile that I loved so much.

She was dressed simply. A lose button-down white blouse and a pair of modest dark blue lose shorts. The fact that she was barefoot, I thought was a bit strange, but, it kind of fit with the casual atmosphere of the store.

I had not heard very much about her after she broke up with me. I suppose I could have; but, what was the point? I wasn't a stalker and I knew that she had taken me out of her life, for whatever reason.

We had gone together all during my senior year in high school, and into my freshman and sophomore years at college. The fact that my school was at the other end of the state, meant that I was only home during the holidays and over the summer. We had each other's class ring. Michelle wore mine around her neck and I wore hers on the little finger of my left hand. Our plan was to stay together throughout my four years at school. To stay true and loyal to one another.

I did. At times it was difficult. But, then like I mentioned earlier, I was not a social butterfly. I was not good at meeting new people, especially girls. And girls in engineering classes were non-existent.

All that time away at school, I didn't know what Michelle did as far as school dances: Homecoming and Prom. It was never discussed. If she had gone, just for the sake of going, I probably would have been fine with that. I mean we had attended each of those together my senior year, so at least she had the opportunity to experience each. She never volunteered any information and I never thought to asked. Don't know why, just didn't.

The way my school year was situated, I was not able to attend her graduation. That first summer, we tried to make up for lost time and did what horny teenaged couples did... we made out. We groped. We fondled. I never really saw her totally naked, just topless with her shorts pooled at her ankles as she laid across my lap in the front seat of my car. And then, only in the dim light of the car dashboard and radio, when we were parked on some back country road and doing our thing.

We never did the deed. I was terrified of having an accident and Michelle winding up pregnant. That would end my schooling and my dream to be the first one in my family to graduate from college with a four year degree and become a mechanical engineer that I had dreamed of.

While condoms were available from vending machines in the men's room of many local taverns, they were deemed unreliable, as a few high schoolers discovered. The only reliable ones came directly from the local pharmacy, through the pharmacist. And, I definitely wasn't going there. So, we did what we could. Michelle was introduced to the art of the hand-job, and me with her clit, and that sensitive, and lovely spot inside of her. At the time neither of knew what it was called, she just told me that it felt really good when I had my fingers inside of her... the elusive g-spot.