Sarah's Tale Ch. 04 "Hunterlude"

Story Info
Hunter and Evan go hiking and share stories.
5.5k words
4.76
2.4k
8
0

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/21/2023
Created 08/20/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters in this story are over the age of 18.

----

Airplanes launched themselves into the blue with a mighty roar, lofting down onto the sticky black of the tarmac with shrieking groans and lumbering around in queues as they waited their turns to move forward. The sun was beating down on the hood of Hunter's car as he waited for his Dad to make his way out of baggage claim. He was dressed in loose clothing for the drive, but he had a duffle bag of outdoor kit in the passenger seat as well as his backpacking gear in the trunk. Snacks and drinks lay in the seatwells behind him and his cock still ached from the goodbye fuck he and Melody had managed to squeeze in right under their Mom's nose.

Hunter Marks was the luckiest guy in the world and he knew it. He and his sister had been accepted to the same university and major, his Dad was flying out to take him backpacking and the parts for his upgraded gaming rig were arriving just before they would be returning, meaning he and Melody could get back to dominating the player versus player leagues in their favorite mmo. Hunter and his twin were a deadly duo. Hunter played a Paladin archetype, taking hard hits and controlling the enemy's movements while Melody kept them both alive by sapping the opponent's life forces and using them to heal their wounds. It was a slow, methodical style of play that required a high degree of coordination that the two of them had always innately shared. Opponents sometimes quit out of frustration rather than deal with being whittled to death, something that always got the two of them cheering.

Hunter and his twin sister had always gotten along well, but then again, Hunter had always been popular with pretty much everyone except his older sister Sarah. He liked to think of himself as a pretty laid back and chill person that happened to also have an extremely active libido and a severe lack of self doubt. He had never been afraid to ask anyone out, or to be upfront with his inability to stay committed to one lover. As he watched planes land, Hunter reflected on a piece of advice his Dad had given him a few years back.

"It's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I mean if you want to kiss someone or fool around with them it's important for that to be responsible and consensual. But don't let the fear of failure, or what other people will think stop you from having the best life you could ever live. You've only got the one so don't waste time worrying about what might go wrong."

Hunter lived by those words, and they had gotten him more pussy than he could have imagined when he first started trying to get under his first girlfriend's shirt. He'd always been confident, but it took flirting and learning the game with Melody to really unlock his Dad's advice and teach him how to have fun with girls. She was different from anyone else. They had the same interests, passions, desires. Hunter had always known she was meant for him, but having the fates confirm the bond time and time again was something that made him smile. The fact that she loved him back for who he was felt like the most important blessing of all.

"Hunter! It's good to see you buddy!"

His Dad had opened the trunk of his car to load in his bags, sneaking up on him without him realizing. His Dad looked really happy and fit. He was wearing light hiking pants and a t-shirt, but he radiated health and good humor. Hunter unclipped his seatbelt buckle and got out of the car to hug his Father.

"It's good to see you too, Dad. Are you ready to walk around?"

His Dad laughed and gave him a bear squeeze back. They slapped each other's shoulders and clambered back into the car.

"You bet! Did you get everything?"

"Sure did! It won't last us long, but then again the weekend never does!"

Hunter pulled out into the exit lane and zipped out of the airport complex, leaving the windows down and letting the radio blast. Evan called Sarah and then called Mom, checking in with both in similar fashion before reaching back into the passenger seat wells to grab a bag of snacks.

"We're going to Castles right?"

Hunter nodded. Castles was a camping spot in the wooded mountains not too far from the city Hunter's family lived in. It was a hike-in spot, so it wasn't often used and it was a favorite Father-Son bonding location for the two of them.

"I thought it would be a good way to celebrate Mel and me leaving for college."

"Yeah, it's been a few years since we've been together, right?"

Hunter nodded and grinned.

"Maybe this time you won't be such a hard ass when it comes to having some beer?"

"Only if you're lucky kid."

Their banter continued for a while as Hunter made his way onto the freeway, driving south down roads filled with countless memories.

"Well Mom made me bring a six pack so if you gotta be hard on anyone, do it with her."

"Is that so? Well your Mother is always full of surprises. I guess you're in the clear kid."

After an hour or so they arrived at a deeply wooded parking lot. There was a parked pickup truck and a ranger vehicle, but otherwise the area was deserted. The two of them changed there and got their gear ready, checking everything over and making sure they had everything they needed to spend the night. After a while they both tied up their laces and got moving. The fresh forest air was bracing but cool as the sun began to arch in the sky above them.

"So how's Jessie?"

His Dad was ahead of him, moving like a man on a mission. It wasn't an arduous hike, but they did have 7 miles to go before they could set up their camp. Evan always liked to just get it done.

"Ah, her name was Jocelyn, and we broke up like a year ago Dad."

"Right, but didn't you get with someone else recently?"

The afternoon sun beat down through the wooded canopy above them. Bees and insects buzzed around them.

"Yeah but it wasn't anything serious. Just you know, like for fun."

His Dad laughed and turned around to give his son an appraising look.

"Just for fun huh? That's an awfully adult thing to say. Sarah was telling me you've had a couple of these just for fun things lately."

Hunter felt his face flush uncomfortably. Evan didn't seem to be mocking him or upset, but there was a strange note in his voice that he couldn't quite pin.

"Yeah."

"Don't worry kid, I was the same way when I was your age."

"Ugh weird Dad."

Evan pulled up and turned around.

"Don't be like that! You clearly like to have sex. It's fun. We all like it. What's the harm in talking about it?"

Hunter was filled with a mixed sense of paranoia, guilt and awkward tension but his Dad had a playful smile on his face and ultimately he was right. It wasn't the first time they'd chatted about similar things before, just the first time his father had approached the subject so directly.

"Yeah I guess. I don't know, I just don't want a girlfriend right now. They can be high-maintenance."

"That's fair, just remember to keep your heart open and be the best version of you you can be. I know you're having fun, but just remember that the right person for you could be waiting in the wings for you to have had your fill."

That made Hunter's heart twinge with guilt. He loved his twin more than anything or anyone, they both had no problems sleeping with other people. They talked about their separate experiences often, especially when they made love, showing each other what they learned or felt when with someone else. Despite that all, something inside him always felt a little guilty whenever he chatted another girl up. He suspected it was this hint of restraint or reluctance that tinged his confidence and demeanor in just the right way to make him irresistible to the females he hung around with. He was an attractive dude, but mysterious reluctance was seemingly an even more powerful aphrodisiac.

He made sure to avoid mentioning Melody as much as possible as they chatted about the women he'd been with, and their various experiences and exploits. His parents were pretty open about their sex life and talked about it sometimes, but it had to be the first time he'd compared conquests with his Father and he wasn't trying to have a slip of the tongue that would end everything he really cared about in life. All he had to do was avoid mentioning her name when they were talking about their exploits and things would be fine. It turned out his old man hadn't been joking about Hunter not falling far from the tree.

They had both slept with half the women's swim and soccer teams at their schools, and had fucked the captain of the cheer team. Hunter relished describing a series of particularly kinky moments between himself and the someone else on the cheerleading team. They had snuck out of class during the senior prank and fucked all over the admin area and Principle's office while the school's administration desperately tried to prevent the shenanigans from taking place. It had been quick and dirty, but definitely one of his favorite memories. He neglected to mention the fact that Melody, the cheer captain at the time, had been his lover. Their classmates had made so much trouble that day the two of them somehow hadn't been caught.

"So how is it that you're having all this sex and still getting the grades I've been seeing?"

"Honestly I wish I was getting more sex but schoolwork and sports definitely get in the way of things. Still, when everyone knows you're good for a fuck it makes it easier to get them in when nobody's looking."

"God damn, is no one in this family free from the curse of an overpowering libido? What the hell is that about? I'm sorry for that kiddo."

Hunter had to laugh. His Dad wasn't wrong, but he couldn't fault him in the slightest. The stories might have been slightly exaggerated on both ends, but the chatter made the time fly by and before they knew it they had covered sex, love, news, politics, movies, sports, economics and everything in between. It wasn't much longer after that when the wooded hummock upon which the "Castle" campground was located materialized around a bend. The sun wasn't quite setting yet, but it was getting late so it was good to arrive and be able to set their things up with some light.

As they had thought, the campground was completely deserted when they arrived meaning that they had the pick of the site. The best spot was all the way at the back where the largest and most secluded spot overlooked the mountains that spilled out to the coast. Hunter started collecting firewood and started building up their site while Evan set up their hammocks and unpacked some of the essentials. When they were done, Evan reached into his pack and pulled out two cans of beer, tossing one to Hunter. They cracked them and leaned back to watch the sun set behind their fire. After a little while they got started on dinner, chatting about the program he and Melody were about to head off to together.

After several beers and food both of them were feeling warm and loose and the conversation turned back to raunchier topics. Evan told some of his bawdier war stories and Hunter started telling him about the time he'd snuck into the movies with Melody before running himself into a corner. He'd accidentally said her name during a description of how they'd couple in furtively in the back of an almost empty theater while another couple nearby watched.

"You and Mel were doing what?"

"It's not like that! Uh, I mean it was someone else!"

Hunter stumbled over his words, undercutting the sincerity of the whole statement.

"Hunt, even if it was, it's ok alright? As long as you're both happy and being safe about it."

The words didn't really sink in right away and even then, they took a while to process.

"What do you mean it's ok?"

Evan sighed and took a deep drink of his beer.

"Hunt, you and Melody have been closer than two peas in a pod since before you were even born. The way our family does things it really became clear ya'll were growing up how things were gonna go. I think we did a good job of impressing on the two of you the value of consent, and why it makes sense to wait until you're of age to do certain things, but I don't think the two of you were ever fooling anyone. Ya'll were made for each other in a sense, and while you might go your separate ways someday I'd never discourage you from sharing in that deep bond of love you have for your sister."

Evan clasped his son on the shoulder and gave him a smile while taking another sip of beer.

"I mean, as long as the two of you are consenting adults and having fun I don't see what the problem is."

Evan smiled as Hunter gaped at him.

"I think you'd be surprised at the sort of stuff your old folks worry about. A little sex between consenting family members is the least of my concerns. You're getting good grades, getting into great schools for university and scholarships galore so as long as you keep maintaining your potential I'm always here to support you both."

Hunter had a momentary flash of memory to the time when the family had gone on vacation last year. He and Melody had been looking for a quiet cove to sneak off and cuddle in when they had rounded a bend only to find Sarah and Evan looking very awkward together. Something about the way they had been standing had made Hunter's cock immediately stiffen, and it was only afterwards that Melody mentioned it that Hunter had realized how flushed and brusque both Sarah and Evan had been.

He wondered if he should bring up Melody's theory about their oldest sibling and their Father. They had always been close and the thought of it didn't bother him as much as it aroused him. Sarah was drop dead gorgeous so he couldn't quite blame Evan, but it would still be a world shaking revelation were he to confirm the suspicions. His relationship with Sarah wasn't the strongest, so he'd never thought to even ask. The conversation fell into a bit of a lull while Hunter contemplated what his father had just told him. After a little while, he reached for another beer, offering one to his dad as he settled himself back down.

"Okay. Well, if Melody and I were doing... things, how do you think Mom would feel about it?"

Evan pondered the question, scratching his chin.

"I'm not sure. She's really open to a lot of things but I can't speak for her. It's something you'd have to talk to her about. For what it's worth I think we see things pretty much the same way for the most part."

"That's not really a great answer. We tiptoe around Mom. Dad, I think she's cheating on you."

It came out in a rush before he knew he was going to say it. Evan didn't seem to react with much emotion however.

"We're in an open relationship, Hunt. I thought we went over this at a family meeting a little while back."

Hunter couldn't remember any family meeting but he might have had his mind on other things at the time. His sister had been sitting on his lap and his erection had been hidden in the meat of her behind. They'd gone on to fuck right after the family chat and the topics discussed hadn't interested him much at the time.

"Aw man Dad I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring it up like that. I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay Hunter! I love your Mother very much and she loves me, but we're just getting to the point where our lives have moved on from each other in different ways. We'll both always be here for you and each other, and together as a family, but I have needs, your mother has her needs."

Hunter felt himself flush, his chest tightening and he hoped the darkness would keep his secret for him.

"Dad?"

"Yeah Hunt?"

"What's up with you and Sarah?"

Evan's laugh was enough to confirm Hunter's suspicions. It was hearty and happy and full of genuine love. It radiated from him.

"I love her Hunt. More than anything man, she has become my world."

Hunter felt calm and ecstatic simultaneously. He wasn't alone. He and Melody might actually be able to live the dream they had come up with together when they were almost children. Back then all they wanted was to be alone with each other for ever and ever. They had run away to start new lives in the wilderness, playing games until it began to grow dark. Sarah had come to get them, like an angel, stern but beautiful and willing to stop and tie your shoe because it was coming undone. He had hated her then for ruining the moment, and that anger had festered between them over the years, but he realized now all she was doing was taking care of him. It felt good not to be wrong for doing what felt right. All the resentment he'd felt towards her for coming between him and Melody evaporated and he felt a sense of awe at how well his older sister and father had managed to hide their relationship from them. Melody had had her suspicions, but Hunter was fairly certain their mom had no idea.

"That's awesome Dad. How's it been living together?"

"Holy shit Hunt it's been like waking up after being asleep for fifteen years. Your sister makes me feel alive, like every part of my body is perfectly aligned."

Hunter had so many questions he didn't know where to start. So he asked his Father what he asked all his friends who were boasting about a new lover.

"How's the sex?"

The moment ran between them like a live wire for just a moment before the intense strangeness of it fled the both of them. Hunter was viscerally aware they were talking about his sister. His father's first born daughter.

"Unlike anything I've ever experienced Hunt. We fuck all the time. She wants me constantly."

"Melody does too. We can't always get a chance to, though, we're both so busy."

"I'm hoping to set you two up with joint housing for the next two semesters. It's helped Sarah a lot I think. Unless you want to share a dorm unit that is."

Hunter was stunned. He'd been making plans and preparations for how to conceal or explain away the sounds of their lovemaking in the cramped dorms of their university.

"Dad, thank you."

"Don't mention it, I just want what's best for you both."

"No seriously, thank you for all of this. I don't know what I would have done if I had anyone else here as a father. You're the best."

"Thank you for being ok with all of this as well Hunter. I'm here to talk if you ever want or need anyone to be totally open with."

"I love you Dad."

"I love you Hunter. I missed you Son."

"Does Sarah get to call me that now?"

Evan laughed and swatted Hunter with playful slaps.

"No. She's still your sister."

"But. Techni-"

"Nope. Let's not get into that right now. Don't want to think about it too hard. Tell me about Melody. Was she the cheerleader you were referring to earlier? Where else have you been besmirching my daughter's honor? Tell me boy!"

"No! Honest!"

They laughed and talked on into the night until the late hours of the night and the fire was burning low. In the morning they packed up and hiked back to the car, enjoying the morning sun on their backs. The chatter wasn't as raunchy as it had been yesterday, but there was a distinct sense of mutual respect and admiration in each other that, if not present the previous day, stood out as the two men hiked back towards civilization.

"We should do that again Dad, that was a lot of fun."

"Maybe let's bring the ladies next time, what do you think about that?"

"Sounds like fun! I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time picturing myself being able to look Sarah in the eye next time I see her."

"Why's that? She's your sister?"

"And my father's lover!"

"You can look at me can't you?"

"I guess you're right. I just miss Sarah too I guess. It's been a while. I feel bad. I haven't always been the nicest to her."

They were almost to the car, but Evan stopped to stretch and catch his breath in a stand of shady trees. The day was heating up.

12