Satisfied With Love Ch. 09

Story Info
Will Jeni survive the hot seat?
12.5k words
4.4
2.8k
2
0

Part 9 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/24/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MDSW
MDSW
520 Followers

Author's Notes: Keep the comments coming. I read each one. I do hope you are enjoying the novel.

MDSW

********

Monday morning is another beautiful day on the island. Brad and Kristi are still worn out from the exhausting workout they shared during the night. He makes sure she is in better spirits by holding her as often as he can. She is feeling down resulting from saying goodbye to her parents and family and a little weak from the on and off sex they had in all night long, again.

He just wants to be sure she is back to her normal self. She is engaged now and very happy about that, but she is not happy about leaving her family.

The alarm went off and Kristi stretches herself out, almost on top of Brad, and turns it off. He wakes up and embraces her. They kiss and share a quiet moment together as he caresses her soft body.

Then he said, "I think I may know why my Father did not give you a vacation Kristi."

"Why?"

"I think my Father knew Charles was stalking you and he tried to keep you away from him. Does that fit with your schedules and time frames."

Kristi thought for a minute and said, "You may have a point there Brad. We did not spend a lot of time on the island. We would go to other homes and spend time there. Sometimes he would just travel with me and Anita and leave the others on the island. Yeah, Brad, you might have something there... Second thought, if I did visit my parents, I would not be on the island either, so that may not matter after all."

"But, what would my Father do while you were vacationing with your family? Could it be that my Father was secretly stalking you as well?"

"I don't think so, but I won't rule it out, yet. He never made any advances toward me... unless he did so when I was sleeping. That, I find hard to believe as well," she said.

"Food for thought for later as we face our future together Angel... You know, there is a rumor going around that I love you."

"I have heard that rumor too. Care to prove it?"

He pulls her to him and kisses her passionately, then they get up and prepare for the day ahead.

Shortly after breakfast, Brad can see Craig approaching with files in hand. He is talking to Rick and Anita, who had a relaxing time on their vacation and thank him for letting them take the trip with them.

"Great, but you don't need to thank me. I'm glad you were with us and glad you enjoyed it... We need to talk with each of you a little later so don't run too far away. Once again, congratulations on your relationship and great vacation," Brad said.

After he finishes talking with them, Anita and Rick went to find Kristi as Craig approaches Brad with the new contracts. He wants the owners to review all four assistant contracts. Brad collects his sisters and holds their hands as they follow Craig to the business suite.

Brad thought to himself that this will be the best day ever here on the island. Upon reviewing the contracts, they agree with all of them and Brad went out to find Kristi.

She is standing by the pool talking to Anita and Rick. He walks up behind her and scares the crap out of her, then put his arms around her from behind and squeezes her. A smile comes over her face, knowing who it is. He apologizes and said he needs to borrow her for a while. He grabs her left hand and drags her away to the business suite telling Anita and Rick not to run away because they are next.

After they left, Jeni asks Anita if she could arrange a small surprise engagement party for Brad and Kristi because she does not want them to get suspicious of her. Anita agrees and makes necessary arrangements for a surprise lunch hour celebration of Brad and Kristi's engagement.

Brad has Kristi sit down in the business suite and he puts her left hand on the table where Craig can see it and releases her.

Craig immediately notices the engagement ring on her finger and congratulates them. It's a total surprise to him. Kristi has to tell him the whole story of how it happened as tears come to her eyes. It is heart warming to hear her tell her side of the story.

Getting back to the subject, Brad said, "Kristi, this is your new contract. I have read it four times and it's perfect. Craig even dotted the T's and crossed the I's."

They laugh.

"Now it's your turn. Read it and sign it, please. Or else," he said winking at her with a smile on his face and a kiss on her lips.

Kristi reads her new contract, nodding now and then as she does so. Then she signs it and gives Brad a big hug and kiss. She is a happy girl. She also gives Stacy, Peggy and Craig a hug.

"Kristi, now that you are the boss of the assistants, would you please present the other assistants their new contract with their team leader present?" Brad asks.

"Absolutely. I would not miss that for the world," she said, "but I have to get something before we start."

Kristi ran to the suite and picks up a folder and returns to the meeting. Then she reads each of the three contracts before presenting them to the assistants.

The three owners, Kristi and Craig will be in the room as Jeni, Rick and Anita are shown their contracts, one at a time. Then Kristi asks who wants to be first.

Peggy volunteers so she went to get Rick and escorts him into the business suite. He sits beside Kristi as she presents his contract with Peggy sitting on the other side. He reads it and says he is satisfied with the raise and especially the open employment contract.

Kristi is the first to offer congratulations and a hug. Peggy follows. Stacy, Craig and Brad congratulate him after signing and welcoming him to the new Packard Empire. More big hugs are given out.

Brad said, "Welcome home Rick."

Next, Stacy takes hold of Rick's hand and walks him out to Anita where she takes her hand and escorts her to the business suite. They sit on either side of Kristi as Anita is shown her contract.

Anita reads it and says she is satisfied and happy, especially about the open employment contract. Again, Kristi does her thing first, then Stacy. Brad, Craig and Peggy congratulate her after signing the contract and welcome her to the new Packard Empire.

Brad gives her a big hug and said to her, "Welcome home Anita."

It's Brad's turn to go out and get Jeni so he takes Anita's hand and escorts her out to the pool to join the rest of the team, more definitively, Rick.

After they left, Kristi explains that Jeni is going to receive some special training and she asks them not to interfere. Brad returns holding Jeni's hand, just as she finishes telling them, and he escorts her to the seat next to Kristi. He takes a seat on the opposite side of Kristi as she prepares to present Jeni with her new contract. Jeni is all smiles.

Brad put his head on Kristi's shoulder and holds her hand as she is about to address Jeni.

"Brad, this is a business meeting. You can't do what you are doing. It's not professional," Kristi said.

He sat up slowly and releases her with a look of minor disgust on his face, trying hard to hide a smirk.

"You do it!" he said as everyone giggles.

She smiles and as soon as she looks away, Brad wraps his arms around her and gives her a kiss on her cheek, then takes her hand in his again.

"Men," she said shaking her head as the room laughs with their fun, then she kisses him and said, "I love you."

They may play this game again. Jeni smiles at them the whole time Brad is playing with her.

Kristi begins as Brad releases her, "Jeni, you have been a great asset to the Packard Empire. As a result, we have evaluated your current contract and made a few changes. Read it and sign, if you so desire."

Jeni read the contract and signs it, but does not look happy, noticing that she only got a two grand pay increase and a one year extension to her current contract. Even though she agreed to it in her interview about three weeks ago, she is not really happy with it.

Kristi spoke up and asks, "Jeni, why do you look so unhappy?"

"I'm not unhappy Kristi, just disappointed. I still have a job working for the best bosses in the world," she said with a half smile, but feeling sad.

"Jeni, if you're disappointed, you're not happy, either. Who are you trying to kid? We gave you everything you asked for in the interview. Why aren't you happy?"

"I was hoping for a bigger contract is all. It's no big deal."

Confused, Kristi said, "We thought if we gave you what you wanted, you'd be happy. But, if you're not, I would prefer you rip up the contract."

"If I rip it up, I won't have a job with you and Brad and that is not an option for me. I want to stay and work with you so I'm willing to make the sacrifice to stay."

Brad said, "Jeni, do you remember our deal when we extended your contract?"

"Yes Brad, I remember."

"Did it have anything to do with you being happy?"

"Yes."

"Are you happy with that contract?"

"I will accept it to stay here, Brad."

"That is not what I asked Jeni."

Hesitating, and bowing her head, she finally said, "No, Brad, I'm not really happy with it."

Jeni's eyes began to show a little wetness because she does not like the direction this is going.

"Then, you are violating your agreement. Tell me your not trying to weasel out of it. I didn't think you would do that to me."

Her eyes began tearing up as she said, "I don't understand, Brad. This doesn't make sense. Why are you doing this to me?" she asks as she begins to cry.

"Because you are letting me, Jeni," Brad said, raising his voice.

"Then what do you want me to do?"

"You already know what we want you to do."

"But I really want to stay and work with you and Kristi."

Tears are running down her cheeks now.

"And we really want you to rip up that contract if you're not happy with it. I do not want unhappy employees working here."

"Will I still have a job here if I rip it up?" she asks as she begins to cry.

She is not feeling good about this contract, nor is she feeling good about the direction this negotiation is heading either.

"There are no guarantees Jeni," Brad said, moving him and his chair between her and Kristi.

Jeni now knows she has screwed up big time and may have lost her dream job.

"Kristi, Brad, this is my dream job. If I lost it, I don't know what I would do," she said crying. "It would devastate me. I have to stay here and work with you guys so please, don't ask me to rip up the contract. There is no other option for me. I can't rip up the contract without knowing I still have a job, working for both of you," Jeni explains as more tears begin appearing.

"There are always options, Jeni, and fewer guarantees in life. You may not like the options, but they will always be there. You need to pick the one that is best for you. Don't make this decision any harder than it already is," Brad said.

Jeni wants to stay real bad, but she is fully aware she has pissed Brad off. It is decision time for her as she finds herself on the hot seat, a place she has never been before. She doesn't want her dream job to slip away, but she is realizing, deep down, it is gone. It is a once in a lifetime deal.

After a few more struggling minutes, Jeni starts to rip up the contract, with tears streaming down her face, but stops. She hesitates for the longest time and repeats the same act a couple more times. Then, with tears flooding down her cheeks, she rips the contract in half, hoping she doesn't loose the job of her dreams, but knows she has.

She crosses her arms on the table, lays her head on them, and cries her eyes out. She has no hope left in her body. She knows what has happened and assumes Brad doesn't want her around anymore.

Brad hung his head and closes his eyes as Kristi and the gallery watch him. Kristi reaches toward him with her hand. He is feeling bad for Jeni. He hates himself for doing this to her because it has drained the life out of her. The worst part is, he is not done with her yet. He reaches for Kristi's hand and looks at her with a sad expression. He squeezes it, brushes the wetness from his eyes and stands up in front of his chair.

"Jeni, stand up, please," he said softly.

She stands up very slowly and starts to leave.

"Where are you going?" Brad asks as he reaches for her.

"To pack."

Brad stops her, embraces her and holds her tight, which makes her relax a little, but not much. Still crying, she puts her arms around Brad's waist, limply, does not squeeze him but does rest her head on his chest. She knows she will be terminated. Her crying diminishes a bit, but she still has tears as the realization begins to take affect. Kristi gives her some tissues.

"Why are you hugging me after what I just did?" Jeni asks.

"Jeni, I can't hear what you're saying," Kristi said.

Jeni turns her head to face Kristi and repeats what she said so Kristi and the gallery can hear.

Brad said, "First, because I want to, second, because Kristi wants me to, third, because Peggy wants me to, fourth, because Stacy wants me to, fifth, because Craig wants me to and sixth, because we're not done with you yet. You have quite a large support group here you know... Why don't you know how special you are to us, especially after this last trip?"

"I thought I did, but you're telling me I'm not."

She gives Brad a squeeze.

"Based on our actions alone, do you think Kristi and I are trying to get rid of you?"

"Brad, you're confusing me. What you're saying now and what you said before do not match up, so I don't know what I should think," Jeni said.

"You didn't answer my question Jeni."

"I'm sorry, Brad... No. I really thought you want me to work with you both," she said as she hugs him tighter, still crying, tears still running down her cheeks, onto his shirt.

"What did I ask you to do when I gave you that bear hug in Ohio?"

"You told me to remind you to hire me as your assistant when we got back to the island."

"Was I serious?"

"I thought so."

"Was I serious, Jeni?" he asks a little louder.

"Sorry. Yes, Brad, you were very serious," she said as she cries again.

"Kristi and I, all of us actually, have always supported you and there is no reason why you should think otherwise. You knew that going into this interview, yet you signed the worst contract for a person of your skill level and you did it without even as much as a question or challenge. You need to stand up for Jeni and present her as a great employee, because you are indeed, a great employee."

"I know I should Brad but I hate fighting with people over trivial matters. The contract I just ripped up guaranteed I still had a job working with you, I would still be able to support myself and I would still have my dream job. Now, I don't have a contract, no dream job, no income, no happiness and a rotten future without you guys... Besides, it is not up to me to determine my worth to a company. It's the company's decision and I thought, or hoped, it would be different here, since you and your sisters have taken over," Jeni reveals with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"It is a negotiation between you and the company, Jeni. All you need to do is stand up for yourself and convince us you are worth more by telling us the facts of your work history since your last evaluation," Brad said.

"I know you're right, Brad, but I don't like confrontations."

"Then don't make it a confrontation. Just state your case, that you are an excellent employee and have specific examples to back up your claim," Brad told her. "No matter what, you still need to stand up for your future, like it or not. It's not as hard or as difficult as you make it out to be... So, will you please tell me what contract will make you happy."

"I was hoping... for $60 grand and a... five year contract," she mutters quietly.

"I'm sorry Jeni. The Packard Empire is not willing to pay you $60 grand, nor give you a five year contract."

Jeni cries again.

"Brad, are you going to fire me?" she said in a low voice with tears streaming down her face. "I will take a pay cut to stay here with you."

"I ought to beat you to a pulp for asking me that question, Jeni."

She cries more.

"Your future with the Packard Empire is Kristi's decision now and she has something she wants to say to you. Are you up for it?" he asks as he loosens his grip on her.

Jeni softly cries saying, "I'm sorry, Brad. It doesn't seem I can do anything right. It just isn't my day. This is too much pressure for me..."

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, Jeni, and you are much stronger than you think. I've seen you stand up for yourself so I know you can do it."

"When?" she asks as she backs away to look at him.

"Not wanting a mediator between you and me, and when you expressed your team feelings when we came back from the LA trip."

"Okay Brad, I remember and you're right on both counts... I've made it this far. You may as well finish me off. I can see I haven't performed well and it's impossible for me to feel any worse than I already do," she said, speaking out of sheer desperation.

"Be strong, Jeni, and believe in yourself. There is a lot more to you than you are aware of," Brad said.

She sits back down and put her head back on her folded arms, not looking at Kristi. Brad also returns to his seat with a smirk on his face, knowing she cannot see him.

"Okay, Kristi. Let me have it. I can take it," Jeni said, not moving her head.

It is clear to her that she has pissed off the boss and knows she is going to be fired. She is not happy with her own performance and knows she blew it, even though she has revealed what she wants in a contract, and a relationship.

Kristi said, "Jeni, this is going to be the worst part of this interview, if you can survive it. Are you ready?"

"There is nothing worse than getting fired from your dream job, Kristi. Go for it," she said, not changing her position.

Kristi grins, knowing Jeni cannot see her, and continues, "Jeni, your performance with us has been exemplary. You fit in, take responsibility, take control, solve problems and get things done. Your performance on the last trip as a single assistant was over the top, with no help required."

"As a result, Brad and I have re-evaluated your performance and salary and made a few small adjustments. You will receive written annual performance evaluations from myself, and you can talk with us at any time. Read this contract and sign please."

Jeni is not expecting another contract, so she rises to a sitting position wondering what the hell is happening. She nearly stops crying and wipes the tears from her eyes as she begins to read the new contract Kristi slides in front of her.

Brad stands up, moves his chair out of the way and backs away from Jeni a step.

As Jeni reads the contract, her eyes open wide and get really big. Her mouth drops open, then more tears become visible in her eyes.

Jeni looks up and sees Brad with a slight grin on his face.

"You're not going to fire me?" she asks with wetness in her eyes.

Brad shakes his head slowly.

"I'm sorry, Jeni. There is no way in hell we would even consider firing you," he said shaking his head.

She lunges at Brad and he feels the sudden, expected impact, causing him to take a step backward to regain his balance. Brad was not expecting her to hit him that hard.

She puts her arms around his waist, buries her face into his chest and squeezes him so tight he can hardly breathe.

Kristi's best friend is crying and convulsing as she embraces him. She is so deep into her emotions she cannot do much else. Brad is holding her tight and Kristi can see tears racing down her cheeks. Jeni's emotions have taken complete control of her. She cries and cries as more tears stream down her cheeks, giving Brad a couple wet spots on his shirt.

Several minutes later, Brad is still holding her tight, making her feel wanted, and said, "Jeni, are you going to survive?"

MDSW
MDSW
520 Followers