All Comments on 'Save One Love'

by Malraux

Sort by:
  • 491 Comments (Page 3)
RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

I've read this story twice. I love it. Great heart warmer, well told. A real winner...

THANKS

kansasjackkansasjackover 3 years ago

I have been a Marine since 1964 and this story warmed my heart. I have been reading stories on this site for several years now and This is one of the best. It is the type of story that appeals to most readers not looking for "stroke" stories. Congratulations Malraux and I will be looking to read your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Next chapter please

Is there a continuing? Hopefully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Overcritical gave you a 5*?

He almost never does that. Congrats.

(His senile tremor must have hit right when he went for the 4* button.)

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
OH MY GOD !! This story is absolutely Stunning !!

I,I,I just don't know what to say. This is one of the most remarkable stories I have read on LIT. if not the best. My heart almost got tugged out of my chest and my tear ducts almost caused my severe dehydration. Thank you so much for such an emotional ride. KUDOS BIG TIME

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

This Story made Me tear Up .. Great writing . To all of those I had the honor of Serving with .. I wish You nothing but the best . I hated the Sandbox and the time I was their . To Mikes Family I will Miss Him as He paid the ultimate price .

postoak2020postoak2020about 3 years ago

Wow

After reading two stories about Marines injured in combat, I be!I've you have accurately described the Marine motto

Improvise. Adapt. and Overcome

Ron Owen, Captain, Army Vietnam 1968-69

tosttostabout 3 years ago

An incredible and beautiful story.

ukdukeukdukeabout 3 years ago

This is a story that DESERVES to be a film! It certainly deserves a wider audience!

So good. Thank you.

flareb2343flareb2343about 3 years ago
IF

if this story doesn't bring tears to your eyes same on you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I seem to have something in my eye . . . .

Still brings tears to my eyes after the third reading. Wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I realize a lot of people love this story...

...but going to be critical here. The story was a good one, and the characters had great potential. However, I feel it was let down by vast stretches of third person exposition, except when there was first person exposition. When you write like that, I feel like you are pressing a pause button on the story to explain things, instead of letting me live them in the midst of the characters. It takes me out of the story. You can’t get out of some exposition, obviously, but if you had let me be in the story most of the time instead of feeling like I was having it told to me, it could have been so very much more. As it is, I gave it 3 stars. Good luck with your future efforts.

lukeshortlukeshortabout 3 years ago
OUTSTANDING

Multiple readings. Truly one of the best I have read.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Great story, as usual. Wonderful characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Deserving *****

I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've given 5 stars. This story is one of them. Thanks to the author.

Church55Church55about 3 years ago
From veteran

That was a fantastic story. Being a veterian. It really hits home. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A great, heartwarming story.

I have read this story a few times. It is truly a wonderful story. Emotions feel real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The first fiance was a cheater gene built in her! I believe she cheat during her marriage. Regarding the story, I was hoping Haddie has met Janice's child after Jacob get married. I would also like for Janice to hear how Haddi came to become Jacob's daughter and his other exploits as a Marine.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

What a warm loving story, it is well written and the story line, well it is amazing. Well done 5++stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

4th time reading this ine.

Great story.

SS1969

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 3 years ago

I loved the story. It was very heart warming, loving and riveting.

BUT, my only criticism is with how you handled the original fiance. I had trouble with the fact that she, due to her principles and morality, was saving herself for marriage and then cheated on him the day after they got engaged. Then she broke up with him after she was pregnant and engaged to someone else. She was too over the top immoral and vile of a person in my humble opinion.

But the rest of the story was wonderful and thank you for sharing!!

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerabout 3 years ago

Rarely do I read such a wonderful story, this, my second reading is at least as emotional as the first time. Tears shed both times, I guess you would say I am soft heated and you would be right. I do not know how this story came to be written, maybe there is some connection to a small detail in real life, regardless, it is the type of story that gives one hope for a future where it might actually happen. At least the love found after the rescue and adoption. Malraux is very talented and I hope has other ways, places, to showcase the obvious value they have as a writer. I will look for more jewels from Malraux!

Thank you so much!

xtremeddxtremeddabout 3 years ago

Wonderful writing and story. Just found and astonished I'd missed reading it before this.

Thanks for sharing your hard work with us on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story is one of the best. Reading it was such an emotional roller coaster. I laughed, I cried. I could not stop reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fourth time I’ve read it. Is as impactful, enjoyable and emotional as the first three reads.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 3 years ago
Absolutely the best

Well written and a topic that tugs at our hearts

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An absolutely amazingly well written story. Kudos to you,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Like many others, I have read this story several times and even though I remember how it goes, I still tear up each time. Great story and it makes a lot of problems seem so insignificant. Thank you for the emotions you put into it.

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleevealmost 3 years ago

Komrad wrote a story with a somewhat similar situation. Both stories are great. Made me shed more than a few tears.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 3 years ago

Malraux is an amazing writer. I read my first story by him two days ago and he immediately became my favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Amazing story surprises me its in literotica? Couldn't put down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of th best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If anyone didn't love this incredible story, then they don't know JACK about literature. I was caught off guard, like Jack was when Janice destroyed his plans and broke his heart into little pieces. I had no idea this was coming at me, too, an epic story of love and great sacrifice, of courage, honor, character, leadership, commitment, devotion, and dedication, all inspiring, a just tribute to the heart of a true and noble warrior. Malraux, simply a masterpiece, a testament to the power of love.

BalddudesrockBalddudesrockalmost 3 years ago

Who's been cutting onions, dammit?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pretty well done. My major dislike was the diversion back to Hattie's rescue and adoption, made while she was presenting her paper. Were we supposed to think the rescue description was from her paper being read? It was a very very long and distracting diversion from the previously logical flow of the story. It felt like it was inserted into the story as an after thought, or as a way of lengthening the story. By the point in the story where Hattie is 14 and her father is about to take on a wife and a step mother for her, the details of her rescue as an infant seemed out of place, or forced. Just my observation.

Congratulations on your success. I hope it has continued in succeeding works.

Thanks for the effort.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Second time around and I still have no criticisms for this author or his story. H labored hard and long for this wonderful story. There were tears and smiles while reading it again. Thanks to the author and to any editors that helped. Keep writing, please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. 10 out of five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding

des67des67almost 3 years ago

2nd time reading in 5 days,, Just an incredible emotional work of art.. Gutwreching at times that the story pulls you into it... 5 STARS seems so insignificant...Added to my top 5 stories...

mccartysermccartyseralmost 3 years ago

How come Janice got off scott free. She should have burned

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it...cried alot.... enjoyed alot

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This would make a great movie!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 3 years ago

Powerful

Courage, bravery, love, every emotion wrapped up in a bundle called Hattie. It would indeed make a great movie as it shows the real effect of war on people, families torn apart and those who try to rebuild them.

I cheered, I cried and cheered again when Laeesha proposed to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Simply fantastic! I lived the emotion through each word. The story is magical, the writing exquisite! Thank you for sharing your work.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 3 years ago

I am awed at this marvelous story. The word excellent does not do it enough justice. Superb and amazing come to mind. I loved it.

lovedefactolovedefactoalmost 3 years ago

What a beautiful and touching story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Please publish this and put it up for sale on Amazon (Kindle, audio and paperback). I’ll be sure to purchase 4 copies of each for myself and 3 family members/friends. You are a phenomenal writer with a true gift!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

OMG! You are an awesome writer! Don't ever stop. So much emotion! I loved it thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like the story needs to be more like wedding and more

nyteramblernyteramblerover 2 years ago

Read this again and I don't do that often. Just as good as first time even when I knew what was coming.

MiddlesonMiddlesonover 2 years ago

This was an absolutely great story. A little saddened you didn't complete it with a wedding and epilog about their life in future.

Well written and deserving of more then 5 stars.

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 2 years ago

(8/23/2021)

Let's see,... what negative critique can I come up with? Why wasn't there a wedding, and what Happened to Janice and Kevin?? I know that some who are reading this comment are saying to themselves "Who cares" Janice was a cheating whore. But, you know what, I do. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Well told.

71_42371_423over 2 years ago

Beautiful story!!!!! Nothing else can be said, for the exception of this being my favorite thus far

shopratshopratover 2 years ago

Just an amazing story, really wonderful. I just reread it for the third time. It would be great to hear more from these characters in the future.

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

It Hurt! I enjoyed it but it really hurt. I am not sure how I got through the last chapters. I appreciate your stories and will go through all that you have posted. I made it through 17 yrs before my injuries forced me to retire medically. This is my favorite story! Semper Fi.

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

Dam you, I had to read this thru the tears in my eyes. I have never read s story like this. Thank so much for telling.

drachir53drachir53over 2 years ago

I have read this posting 3 times to date and will probably read at

Least once a year in the future. It is definitely one of the best on site.

15 stars so far but it really will not allow you to vote more than once!

LiteraryRangerLiteraryRangerover 2 years ago

This was actually the hardest part of both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not being able to help all the children. Believe me I tried. I tried to get the State Department to instituted programs to help women in Afghanistan, but they were afraid that it would change the culture, like that would be a bad thing. Warrior/poets like the main character do exist, but we scar most and many have the wrong idea of who we actually are and most of us are done rescuing damsels! This story is well written and illustrates that the most important thing is Life, human life. It is everyones responsibility to protect the innocent anyway they can and to condemn and prosecute, sometimes with extreme prejudice, those that exploit children from personal gain.

Rangers, Lead the Way! Gen Cota, Omaha Beach, June 6, 1944

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago
Outstanding

That was an amazing story and with just about everything you could want in a story. I look forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WAUW !

Thanks for sharing ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

interesting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Goddamn that was good! Only thing I would have liked more is a bit of Jack and Laeesha getting married and perhaps having a child. Also something about Janice, running into her and parting friends or even just learning what happened to her. It's the one hanging thread in the story.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

GO TO STORY This is one of the stories/authors I go to when I am feeling a little flat. I reread some of the parts that I find to be the most emotional. Lost count of the number of times I have read this story. It still moves me. Thank you for this wonderful story. It has all the elements of a great story. 5*

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Tale of life

One of the greatest stories out of about a million stories i have read in last 42 years

I am from india... A land of emotions and relations... Born reader of literature, learned English, Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit, Gujrati and Bangla languages with a strong hold on mother tongue Hindi- a language of more than 1 billion peoples consists more than 500 dialectd

This story is a biography of a real hero, never surrendered to defeats and failures... Be it love, war or family...

He always faught to make better if not best

Thanks for sharing this ultimate tale.

Will read your other stores shortly

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW!

That is a definite 5. It might start a little slow for my own liking but once it gets going full speed, it grabs you in its emotional grip right to the end. Congratulations and thank you. This is a story I'll return to read several more times. Have a nice life Hattie and Jack!

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave this a five because that is as high as it goes. I retired from the military and was in Viet Nam all the way to Desert Storm. This brings memories home as I knew a lot of vets who came home with orphans. Don't know any thing about you but you write on heck of a story. Please continue to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wanted to give this more stars than five but the site wont let me. Had watery eyes as a read this story. Such a good story and keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am Ex Mil. this is by far the best story I have had the luck to read

Hottdreams80720Hottdreams80720over 2 years ago

I loved this. Great story as i think of my son in this position as the Marines are his life until he moves on. Thank you

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Well done I loved it all the through

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, my eyes wet thru it all

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

A most amazing story about love and family.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

And one which kept my eyes tearing on and after his mission.

(An old, old retired US Army Non-Com)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the second time I read this story and my eyes kept tearing even more than when I read it the first time. A masterpiece about love, dedication and family. Thank you very much.

BJ

msdaniemsdanieover 2 years ago

As a Marine Vietnam vet, with one leg I think the author did an outstanding job of portraying the heart ache, and dedication of the majority of service men. I was once told by senior Marine NCO, "we have a shit job beating up people to do what our government wants them to do, but once in a while we can do something really good for them."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tear jerker good job

pperquepperqueover 2 years ago

Even after a second read, it was fabulous and heart wrenching. Loved it, one of the best!!

northshore_bumnorthshore_bumover 2 years ago

3rd reading. Gets to me more each time. Thanks

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

Oh My God. I absolutely LOVE this story. As I was reading this, one word kept coming to me - MOVIE.

Exactly as is, No changes whatsoever (maybe a fade to black in the sex scene?) The most moving story I've ever read. Thank you, thank you, Thank You!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a really well written story that should have a wider audience outside of literotica

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a really well written story that brought me to tears often .

I also could not put it down till I read to the very end.

Please keep writing

Monty..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A really well written story. I can relate to the sentiments expressed within it. As an ex serviceman of 30 years I think those words you save one life you save the world are so true in my life. A pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very well written story.

I gave it 5 stars. Wish I could go higher...

Thank you for sharing this with all of the Literotica readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would have liked it if the ex-fiance come across the story on the internet. Although she had a good life, she wonders, what if. Some tear shed and in a whisper voice. "Jack, I knew you were strong, I hope you have a wonderful life."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This deserves more than 5 stars.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 2 years ago

Jeez this author is just awesome. What a tale he wields. Well written and an amazing plot. Deserve a 10 plus. Thanks Sir.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 2 years ago

Stunning. Powerful. With such insight into military detail, and human nature. Deserves far more than a five. I know I’ll be revisiting this story again and again This deserves a wider audience.

Please Malraux keep on with your writings.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Of course it's a 5'er, same as it was the first time I read it. This little tale has to be a favorite of any person with a heart and soul. I'm sure I'll like the story as much the next time as well!

Bluntly put, this one hell of a tale .......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

From where it started with Jack Janice then to Leslie....could have been better

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

I've read this before - it gets better each time!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was incredible simply put incredible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

a very emotional heart filling tear causing story - - I really enjoyed it !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story will make your eyeballs sweat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Reads like a autobiography, only I was there, absolutely enthralling from start to present day. A well written romantic tear jerker, to be read in one go from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

God bless authors like this one who can present their writings with such skill and emotion. Absolutely wonderful story that had this old man in tears. If you aren't making a career as an author you are depriving the world of something special. Well done...5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great. Lots of well explainedd combat detail, great character building and good plotting. A wonderful story,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely wonderful. Could be made into a movie or a series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMalraux@Malraux
Former athlete, serviceman, teacher, proofreader, warehouse man, student, coach. Still reader, writer, hiker, sport pilot. Like Hemingway, Styron, sports, planes that stall at 40 mph, grass landing strips, honesty, and women. Wish I were an expert at something.

SIMILAR Stories