Saving Bethany

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Daddy? How much further will we go?" Jason had cut the pancakes for her, and she was now nibbling on her second one.

"It's going to be a long trip baby, but we'll take a break here in the early afternoon. I have a spot picked out in Montana where we can settle down. We won't have much to start, but we'll make it work."

Jason had considered a number of places, but he didn't want to go anywhere that his ex could potentially find. He didn't have many relatives left, but he stayed clear of them as they would be the first she would find. He had an acquaintance of a friend of an old co-worker that he had spoken to that had a rental property up in Great Falls that he could use. He had enough cash for a couple months' rent and figured that he could find some work there with his mining background. There was also a community college that he could get Bethany enrolled in and get her caught up with her studies.

"We're going to be changing our family name once we get up there, so why don't you think through what you would like to be called." He smiled at her as she nodded and pondered. "It doesn't have to be right now. We can think over it while we travel."

***

The trip took them another four days as they took several breaks and did some sightseeing along the way. Bethany was still her boisterous self, rushing over to see the animals at the zoo, dragging him along by the hand as she never let go of him. Everywhere they went, she would smile widely at him, holding his hand as they looked at flowers, saw giant trees, and even visited an old arcade with retro games.

It was the best time Jason had had in over a decade, just being with his little girl and seeing her so happy again. He chased away the melancholy feelings every time he heard her laugh. Her laugh was infectious, having a sense of innocence and sheer joy that made anyone want to laugh with her.

The accommodations they had along the way were never great, since they paid everything in cash and were trying to stay lowkey. Even then, it was more than what Bethany was accustomed to, and she delighted in the feeling of the soft beds. In Jason's mind they were fairly rough, which just made his heart heavy, but seeing her bouncing happily into them brought a little smile to his face. She still had trouble sleeping though, and he spent most nights holding her, rubbing her back and soothing her whenever she started to whine and shake. He would always wake up with a smiling face on his chest, listening to his heart.

Bethany had ultimately landed on the name "Percival". Jason had laughingly approved, as she had always loved the stories of Camelot and the gallant knights. They managed to change their names very easily at the town registrar's office, shedding the last of their anxiety now that they had arrived at their final destination.

The rental was a small place, two bedrooms and one bath on a small plot with a little garden out front on the outskirts of the city. They had some trees separating them from the neighbors and giving them some privacy as well. They pulled into the little garage and unlocked the door.

"After you, Ms. Percival" Jason bowed, extending an inviting hand.

Bethany giggled, taking his hand, and pulling him in with her. "Only with you, Mr. Percival."

***

Over the weeks they filled the empty house with furniture and made it feel like a home. Bethany's room had a small bed, wardrobe, and desk with chair. Jason's room just had a big bed and dresser. The living room had a big couch that faced a TV. Behind the couch was a small dining table with two chairs and the kitchen was on the other side of the front door. They spent most of their time on the couch, watching movies, holding each other, and just talking.

Bethany still had difficulty sleeping and being away from Jason. He had tried to have her sleep alone, but she would still thrash around in bed until he held her and she fell asleep in his arms. She was beginning to fill out though, having steadily put on weight with Jason's care. She no longer looked as emaciated as she once had and the gruesome bruisers on her arms and shoulder had finally healed. The welts on her thigh had healed, but a number of white scars along her tender skin remained.

By the third week of having moved in, Jason reached out to the psychologist to find some help for Bethany. While she was physically improving, he was still worried about her. Beyond just the sleep situation, she would make unusual comments about a "daughter's duty" and what "her place" was in the house. He tried not to think about the horrifying implications of what that cult was doing to other girls there. He could only focus on his daughter right now.

Jason was put in contact with a local professional who could see her immediately. Bethany was scared to go alone, and Jason had agreed to join her first few sessions until she could feel comfortable with the woman. Diane, the psychologist, was welcoming and built a quick rapport with them both. She was also a cult escapee and empathized greatly with Bethany's experience.

The first sessions were brutal, more so for Jason than for Bethany. Bethany talked about her experiences, the harsh discipline, the expectations for young girls and the minimal meals. It left him feeling sick to his stomach, but she stated these things with little emotion, as if she had seen it on TV. Once Bethany was comfortable with Diane, they scheduled daily sessions with her as well as a weekly group session with Jason. She also offered a weekly session for just him, as she could see that he was fraying from hearing about this. He gratefully accepted this.

By the second month, Bethany seemed to be improving. While she still had difficulty sleeping, she could now sleep alone, and only occasionally slipped into his bed when she needed to know that he was here. She also felt comfortable with him leaving at times now, so he started looking for work. He found a good position quickly, given his background, and quickly ramped up to full-time.

***

Bethany bounced at the door when Jason came home. She now had a healthy tan on her skin and was finally a good weight for her frame. Her exercise routine and sports activities had helped her build muscles and given her a lither form. She was wearing her crop top and shorts combo that she had recently been adopting, her hair up in a ponytail.

"Daddy, did you get it?"

Jason made a show of having forgotten, but he couldn't hide the bag behind him. She clapped excitedly as he presented it to her. "After dinner please" he chided as she started to pull the chocolate cake from the bag.

She batted her eyes at him with a winsome smile, "Of course daddy." She placed the cake in the fridge, kissing him on the cheek before getting back to cooking. "Please put on your nice clothes for our one-year anniversary, daddy." She hummed as he kissed her cheek.

Jason took a quick shower, shaving to remove the stubble before putting on a nice button-up shirt and some slacks. He looked in awe at his gorgeous girl who had changed as well. Her soft hair was down in little ringlets down her back, and she now wore a dazzling pale-blue dress that was sinched with a white belt. She walked up to him, giving him a peck on the lips. "Please join me, Sir Percival."

Jason held out his arm for her, which she placed her hand through, and they walked to the dining room table, which now sported a delicious looking sirloin with sides of mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.

Jason pulled out the chair for Bethany and helped her scoot in before taking his own seat across from her. Her bright smile lit up the room more than even the candles that she had set up for them. He smiled lovingly as he poured her a small glass of white wine. He offered it to her, "Only because it's a special occasion, okay?" She showed off her pearly whites, accepting the glass.

She held up her glass, "A toast, to my knight in shining armor."

He clinked his glass to hers, "and to my darling princess."

They sipped their drinks and chatted while they ate. It was always so easy to talk with her, the conversation always flowed naturally. They laughed as she recounted her day and talked until the candles burned down.

"Shall I get the cake now?" He stood up, but she placed a hand on his.

"Please let me, daddy." He rose smoothly, kissing his cheek as she went to the refrigerator, pulling out two slices of the chocolate cake he had brought back with him.

She held up a fork full of the cake to him, "A knight should check for poison" she said with a coy grin on her face.

He rolled his eyes with a big smile on his face as he took the bite, savoring the creaminess. His eyes opened wide as he grasped his neck in mock strangulation, before laughing as she watched his antics with a silly smile.

After dinner they sat on the couch, cuddled up like the day he had saved her. He held her hand gently in his, chin resting on her head, smelling the sweet scent of her shampoo.

"Daddy?"

"Yes baby?"

"I think I'm ready to try school again."

He looked at her, a proud smile spreading, "That's wonderful baby. I know it's been hard, but you've done so well."

She looked up at his beaming face, "I love you, daddy." She gave him another peck on the lips and settled into his chest as he held her.

***

It had been six months since Bethany had started attending community college. She started with a few classes, but soon felt comfortable taking more. She still had her sessions, but they had been reduced. Jason kept his however and was starting to get a little troubled.

"Can you tell me about a time this happened?" Diane was sitting in her chair while Jason sat in the one beside her, turned 90 degrees to face her.

Jason hesitated, "She's always been very affectionate, even as a little girl, but for the last few months she's been getting more affectionate and I'm worried that it's something from the cult still in her head."

Diane waited for him to gather his thoughts.

"Last month we were at the museum, and she was holding my hand as we walked through the exhibit" he recounted. "At one point when we were alone, she turned at kissed me. Not a peck on the lips, but an actual kiss. She didn't acknowledge that it was anything different from usual and just continued with me going through the exhibits."

"And that's not the only time?"

He shook his head, "It happened a few times now. At first, I figured she was just really happy and got a little overexcited, but she's done it when we're on the couch watching a movie, or sometimes just when I come home." He looked up at her concerned, "I love my daughter, and I would do anything for her, but I want her to be able to live a normal life. To make friends, get married, have kids if she wants. I'm just worried that maybe she's fixating on me more than she should." He leaned back, "Am I just reading too much into this? You told me to tell you if anything felt odd, and I thought this qualified."

She nodded, "Thank you for bringing this up. I'll explore her feelings a bit in our next session. I won't mention this conversation of course." She pondered for a bit, "Please just do what feels comfortable for you. I'd like to explore it with her before I jump to any conclusions."

Jason nodded, thanking her and ending their session.

***

It was the night of their second anniversary, and they once again celebrated with a wonderful meal that Jason cooked this time. Bethany looked wonderful in her strappy gown, and practically glowed.

When the meal was done and he stood up, she hugged him tightly. He looked down at his sweet girl, and she kissed him. It was far longer than it should have been, he could feel her pressing against him, and he froze.

She stopped and looked up at him with concern. "What's the matter daddy?"

He involuntarily licked his lips, tasting her before he continued. "Baby, you can't kiss me like that."

Her lips trembled, "Why not? I love you daddy."

"And I love you baby. But you shouldn't kiss me like that. That should be for your boyfriend." He said this gently, stroking her hair.

She blinked rapidly, moisture forming in her eyes, "I don't want a boyfriend daddy" she said softly.

Jason took a moment, trying to find the right way to say this. "Baby, I love you. And I will always love you, as your dad. And I want you to be happy, living your life, meeting guys, or girls, whichever is fine with me, as long as you're happy. I want you to find a special someone that you can spend the rest of your life with."

"Are you asking me to leave" she whispered.

"No! No, never!" He looked her deep in the eyes. "I would never ask that of you. You will always have a home here, with me. Don't ever think that I would make you leave." He held her to his chest, squeezing her tight. "I just want you to be happy. And when you find someone that can make you happy, I want you to be with them. Please baby, promise me you'll ty and find someone you can be happy with."

He heard a sob in his chest. It killed him that it had come to this, but he needed her to know that he couldn't be what she wanted. He held her as she cried.

He heard her quietly say, "Okay daddy. I'll try."

He kissed her head. "Thank you, baby. That's all I ask."

***

It had been a little awkward for the next few days at home. Bethany seemed to avoid looking at him directly, but still rushed to him when he came home. Jason tried to be as understanding as he could, never mentioning it again, but making sure she didn't cross the line again.

By the next month, Bethany was her normal self again, and even brought someone home. Jason smiled at the young man, who was apparently terrified of him, but welcomed him into the house. He was a nice enough guy, but he could see that Bethany was more going through the motions than really being invested in him. Still, she was trying.

Over the next six months, she had two more boyfriends, though none of them lasting much longer than the first. The longest relationship she had was with a young woman for about two months before they broke up. It had been a shame, as she was rather lovely, with a great personality that made Bethany seem to glow.

***

It was the night of their fourth anniversary. Bethany had just graduated with an associate degree and was looking for work now in the healthcare industry. Jason was immensely proud of her and her hard work. She had blossomed into a wonderful, outgoing, and kind woman that would turn heads wherever she went. He never withheld his praise, lavishing it on her, as she deserved it all for being so strong and resilient.

Jason had prepared one of Bethany's favorite dishes, his special lasagna. It had started as a mistake, when she was young, of mixing up sugar and salt to create a somewhat sweet cheesy layer on the inside. His wife had hated it, but Bethany had loved it. She had even come back for seconds. Ever since then, she would request it at least once every year or two. He hadn't made it in a while, so he had prepared it for tonight, with a side of garlic bread and red wine.

Bethany came out of her room, her hair made up with a halo braid. She wore the necklace he had bought her for graduation, a sparkling sapphire that matched the blue of her eyes. She wore a little makeup, enhancing her lovely face, with her long lashes fluttering at him. She wore a silver gown this time, the slinky material hanging from her generous curves. She moved with practiced grace, giving a little curtsy as she approached him.

"You look beautiful baby." He kissed her hand and escorted her to the table.

Jason poured a generous glass of the red wine he had out for her and raised his glass.

"To my shining knight Percival" she intoned, a loving smile on her lips.

"To my darling princess." They clinked glasses and sipped.

Bethany had come so far in the years since he got her out of the cult. She had filled out and grown up. Gone was the scared and insecure little girl, replaced with a confident young woman. She caught his eye as he watched her eat.

"What is it daddy?"

He shook his head with a smile, "I'm just so proud of you baby."

She smiled, "It was all thanks to you daddy. You got me here."

He blinked the tears from his eyes, laughing at himself a little.

They finished the meal and sat on the couch, in their usual fashion. She was cuddled in his arms, head resting against his chest.

She looked up at him, gazing into his eyes steadily, "Daddy, I want to talk about something."

He nodded his head sadly, "You're going to leave me, aren't you?"

She shook her head, "No. I won't ever leave you daddy."

"Then what is it baby?"

She took a deep breath, "I love you daddy."

"I love you too."

"No." Her eyes became sharp. "I love you, daddy."

He paused, seeing the intensity in her eyes. "Baby, we talked about this."

"I tried daddy. I really tried. None of them lasted."

He sighed, "Baby, it's too early to give up. You've only been dating for a year or so."

She shook her head, "No. It won't work. It won't ever work because they aren't you."

He was at a loss, but she climbed onto his lap, still looking at him deeply in the eyes. "They can't measure up to you. No one can." She kissed him softly on the lips. "You saved me from hell." She kissed him again. "You sacrificed everything for me." She kissed him longer. "You are the only man I could ever love."

She pressed her lips against his, slowly opening his mouth to her. He didn't resist. He couldn't resist. Everything she said, he knew it was all true. And deep down, he knew that he loved her more than anything. The way a father shouldn't, but he loved her.

He felt her tongue move inside his mouth, searching for him. She ran it along his tongue, and he slowly responded to her. Feeling him moving, she pressed her body against his, her soft breasts firmly pushing against his chest. She moaned as his tongue moved more aggressively, and he brought his arms around her, squeezing her against him.

They breathed each other in, their mouths never parting as they hungrily pulled at one another. She broke the kiss and leaned to his ear, speaking breathlessly, "Make love to me daddy."

Jason grabbed her gorgeous and round ass, lifting her as he stood up. She wrapped her arms around him, feeling how strong he was, nibbling on his neck and groaning with need. He brought her into his room, placing her on the bed as he lay over her, his mouth seeking hers.

Bethany's hands were on his shirt, unbuttoning it as quickly as she could, feeling his broad chest under it. He reached down and pulled the straps off over her shoulders, slipping his hand along her bare back, eliciting another moan into his mouth.

She reached for his belt, unbuckling it without ever moving from his tongue. She pushed down the pants with her feet and they pooled on the floor. She raised herself so that he could pull her dress down, exposing her C-cup breasts and hard pink nipples. He trailed his mouth down her neck as she moaned, wiggling her dress and panties off. He latched onto her breast, sucking it gently and running his tongue along her nipple. A throaty groan escaped her as she hooked her feet on his underwear and pulled it down.

She cupped his cheeks, bringing him back to her so that she could gaze lovingly into his eyes. "Please daddy. I've waited so long. Make love to me."

He kissed her gently, rubbing his cock against her. She was already soaked with need, easily coating him as he ran his length along her slit. She gasped into his mouth as the head positioned itself and pressed on her hole. He held still, knowing that he was about to make love to his little girl. The girl he loved more than anything in the world. She saw it in his eyes, the gentleness, the concern.

"I love you daddy. I want you, my knight." Her soft blue eyes called to him, begging him to be with her.