Saving Kat's Life Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I opened the passenger door for her, and she slid inside. "Oh, the leather seats are so comfortable."

"Only the best for that incredible ass of yours, my dear." I kidded. Silently, I wished I was the car seat for a second.

I closed her door and walked around and got in. I started the engine and backed out of the garage, then headed in the direction of the hospital.

"Kat, I noticed something about you." I told her.

"Oh really? And what is that?"

"You never have your head buried in your phone like people your age do. It's nice to see."

"Oh, well, usually I do. However, my iPhone got broken when Dax came over and..." she trailed off.

"Ah. Sorry. Well, where is it? Back at your apartment?" I asked.

"Yep, in my room on my computer desk. The screen is all cracked. It's busted."

"Okay, well since we're going shopping, we may as well get you a replacement for it." I told her.

"I can't afford a replacement." Kat said.

"I can. And you need a phone for emergencies. Plus, how are you going to send me titty pictures of yourself when I'm a work?" I kidded.

"Men." She laughed and shook her head. "Seriously Allan, you don't need to get me a phone. I'll be okay."

"No, Kat. You need one. I'd rather you have one if I'm at work and you need me, or you need to call 911." I explained. "It's peace of mind for me, for you to have it."

"Okay. Thank you, Allan." she said and leaned over to give me a kiss on my cheek.

"Besides, how can I keep up with your Facegrams and Instasnaps and all these new social media sites you youngins' communicate on if you don't have a phone?" I teased.

"Are you sure you're only 51 years old instead 71?" she laughed.

"Sometimes I'm really not sure." I told her. "Since we will be heading to your apartment, you may as well grab some other things you'll need. I hope you won't need them for too long, but better to have than not have."

"You don't want me to stay with you?" Kat asked with a little hurt in her voice.

"Yes...No...I mean, I do want you to stay with me." I told her. "I just wasn't sure you'd want to stay. I'd even want you to move in with me, but I don't want you to upset your and Angie's living arrangement. That would mean Angie would need another roommate to help her with the rent, right?"

"Yeah, I guess." Kat said a little dejected.

"Look baby girl, let's really sit down and discuss this tonight. I'd love nothing more to have you move in with me. But there are things that we'd need to think through. I'm not saying I don't want you to live with me, but we're just starting out here with our relationship and we need to take things one thing at a time. The number one priority is to get Dax locked up. After that, we can breathe easier."

Kat looked at me and gave me a little smile. I knew she understood what I was telling her, but she was scared. I reached over and took her hand.

"Kat, we will work this out. I promise." I told her. I lifted her hand to my lips and kissed the back of it. "Besides, I'd be a fool if I didn't want a sexy woman like yourself to stay with me."

Kat smiled wider. "Thank you."

"Hell. Who else am I going to get to dust and clean up after me? You'd look great in a French maid outfit." I messed with her.

"Oh, you just wait buddy. We'll see who is dusting and cleaning up after whom. And, you'd look better in the outfit than I would." she kidded back.

"True. I do have the legs for it." I told her. We shared a laugh.

I made the left turn into the emergency room parking lot and parked the car. I exited the vehicle and went around and opened Kat's door. I held my hand out for hers. Kat accepted my hand and I helped her out.

"Geez, I never had a guy open my door for me, let alone help me out of a car." Kat said.

"My dad taught me manners. 'Always treat a woman like she is as precious as a diamond,' he told me. And you are my diamond."

Kat reached up and put her hand on my neck and pulled me down into a kiss that gave me warm feeling inside my stomach.

We broke the kiss and she whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too Katherine."

I took her hand and we walked to the emergency room door. It swooshed open and we walked inside to the intake kiosk.

Two hours of our lives we'll never get back, we had Kat's x-rays and diagnosis in hand. The ER doctor confirmed a hairline fracture of Kat's nose. She also diagnosed Kat with a very mild concussion. I held Kat's hand as we walked to my car.

"See, that wasn't the world's worst experience."

"I'd have rather eaten dirt." Kat said.

"Speaking of eating, you hungry?" I asked.

"I'm starving!" Kat answered. "What do you feel like?"

"How about Japanese? That ramen place near the college?" I suggested.

"I've never been there but I'd like to try it! I love Japanese food." Kat exclaimed.

I drove over to the restaurant and we were seated quickly. We ordered some sushi for an appetizer and I got a bowl of beef ramen while Kat got a chicken rice bowl. I decided I wanted to know more about her family life. What she had told me earlier about her family, was glossed over.

"Kat tell me more about your family situation. It seemed like you weren't telling me the whole story."

She sighed a little.

"My mom drinks too much. She's been that way since my father left when I was ten. He just left us. I think my mom slept around on him and he just got tired of it happening. So, he packed his bags and walked out."

"Jesus Kat, I'm sorry." I told her.

"My mom was only part of the problem. She'd bring boyfriends back home and they would both be drunk. They'd be passed out in the mornings still, so I'd have to get myself ready for school."

I looked on as her eyes got a little damp.

"Then she met this guy. His name was Ron. They hit it off and she quit drinking for a while. He sold insurance and things kind of stabilized at home. He seemed like a nice guy and treated me and my mom very well. I liked him."

I sensed a 'but' coming so I just let Kat talk.

"So, they got married after dating for a couple of years. Just a courthouse wedding but my mom was happy. I was happy. Then a little after I turned 16, things changed. I noticed Ron was looking at me a little too long sometimes. It creeped me out."

I felt my skin start to crawl a bit.

"He'd come into my room and sit on my bed and talk to me while I was doing my homework. Mom was a waitress, so she'd be working nights. He'd talk about his day and ask how things were with me. He'd ask me if I needed help with my homework and put his hand on my back and rub my shoulder. He did this a lot."

Kat stopped talking as the waitress brought our sushi. After she left, Kat started again.

"One evening, I was listening to some music while I was finishing up a history report. My head was down, and I was reading. All of a sudden, I felt his presence. I looked up. He was standing in my doorway and was shirtless. Believe me, he didn't have the body to pull it off." she said dryly.

Kat got a piece of sushi with her chopsticks and dipped it in soy sauce. She popped it in her mouth and chewed. She seemed to be pondering how to tell me what happened next.

Kat then swallowed and continued.

"He wasn't just shirtless. He had his fly undone and his dick was sticking out of his pants. He stood there jacking off while he was looking at me."

"What the..." I started to say but she cut me off.

"Ron was just standing there playing with himself and I was frozen with fear. He had a weird look on his face, and I knew it was going to end badly if I didn't get the hell out of there. Ron took a couple of steps towards the bed and that's when I reacted."

My fists were clenched tightly in anger. What the actual fuck was this guy thinking, I thought to myself. I asked Kat what happened.

"I threw my history book at his face and when he ducked to avoid it, I ran out of my room, down the hallway and out the back door. I didn't have any shoes on, but I kept going. I wanted to get as far away as possible from him. I ran to my friend Andrea's house. I knocked on her door and her mom let me in. I told her mom I needed to talk to Andrea, and I went back to her room."

"I told her what happened with my step-dad. I cried and was shaking. I was so scared; I was also angry that that fat bastard was going to try and rape me."

I sat there looking at Kat as she told me her story. I hadn't touched the sushi. I didn't think I could eat after hearing this.

"So, I spent the night at Andrea's." Kat told me."The next morning, I skipped school and waited until I knew Ron would be out of the house. I went home and woke my mom. I told her what happened the night before and what Ron had tried to do."

"What did your mom say?" I asked.

Kat got a sad look on her face. "Mom freaked out on me. She called me a slut and accused me of trying to sleep with her husband. She slapped my face."

I was incredulous but kept quiet to let Kat continue.

"She screamed at me that I didn't want her to be happy and that I was a freak for dressing in black clothes all the time. She said she didn't believe me. That Ron was a good man and a good husband and that he'd never do anything like that. She called me a bitch whore and told me to get out of her house. She also told me that I wasn't allowed to live with them anymore, so I packed as much clothes as I could into a suitcase and went to Andrea's house."

"I told Andrea's mom what happened and that I needed a place to live. Thank God, Andrea's mom took me in. She kept me from being homeless. I owe her so much."

I saw Kat get a little more emotional, but she recovered.

"Kat...I...I have no words." I stammered. "That's just insane."

"I heard that my mom and Ron started fighting and that mom was drinking again. I guess it got so bad between them that it got physical and Ron went to jail for domestic assault."

"Kat, I can't believe your own mother didn't believe you."

"Well," Kat sniffed. "It's all in the past now. I haven't been in touch with her in a few years and if I never see her again, so be it." Kat grabbed another piece of sushi and popped it in her mouth.

My heart ached for her. Even if I had a fight with either of my boys, I'd still hope that we could make amends somehow and be in each other's lives. I looked at Kat and she gave me a small smile.

"Don't be sad for me, Allan. I'm okay with it. I swear. It's just life. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes it's shit. Now, eat your sushi or I'm going to eat it all.", she chided me.

"You amaze me, Kat, do you know that? You're wise beyond your years."

She blushed. I reached over and took her hand in mine. "I promise you; I will try and keep you the happiest and most loved woman on the planet." I told her.

"You already make me happy and I know you love me. And I love you for that."

The waitress brought our lunch and we released each other's hands. The waitress smiled at the two of us as she walked away. Suddenly, I had my appetite back as I looked at Kat. She was devouring her rice bowl.

"Where do you put it all?" I asked.

"I just eat, and I don't gain weight. I've always been like that. Angie and JJ hate me for it." Kat said around a mouthful of chicken.

I sucked up some noodles from the bowl and dripped some broth on my shirt. Kat laughed at me.

"Messy eater?"

"You can dress me up, you just can't take me anywhere." I joked. Kat laughed at me.

Kat and I talked about her studies while we ate, and I found out she wanted to start a clothing line. She was working on some designs for goth apparel during school and was talking to her boss about possibly displaying her ideas on a mannequin at Trudy's store.

"I need access to a sewing machine, though." Kat mentioned. "The ones I used were at school and I can't get to them until the fall semester. I have a lot of the cloth and patterns at my apartment, but I can't put the clothes together until school starts."

"Well, when we finish here, let's go to your place. We'll get more of your clothes and stuff you need. Also, let's grab your phone." I told her.

"Can I bring my desktop computer?" Kat asked. "A lot of my designs are on it."

"Of course, you can. You can set it up in Charlie's room and can make it into your study area." I offered. "He's out of state and really doesn't use it anymore. I just keep it like it is in case he comes home."

Kat squealed with happiness.

The waitress came over and I expected her to give me the check, but she laid down a plate of tempura ice cream with two spoons. "On the house." She smiled and walked away.

Kat smiled at me. I melted faster than the ice cream.

After lunch, we headed over to Kat's apartment. Before we went inside, I told her that we needed to be careful because of Dax still running around. I made a mental note to call Trooper Bob and see if he had any news on the little fuck.

When we made it to her front door, I put my hand in the small of my back to make sure I could grab my gun if Dax showed up. Luckily, he didn't show up and we were able to get what Kat needed and loaded into my car. Carrying her suitcase, I swore she had stuffed a body in it, it was so heavy.

We headed out to the mall and went to my carrier's cell phone store. I had them add a new line to my account and see if they could transfer all of Kat's data from her old phone to her new iPhone. They said they'd try, and it may take a while. I told them we'd be back in a bit.

While they tried to get Kat's new phone up and running, Kat and I walked around the mall doing a little window shopping. We stopped in front of Victoria's Secret and Kat practically drug me into the store.

We walked around and Kat was looking at a little blue baby doll nightie. A saleswoman started to head over in our direction when Kat said loud enough for the woman to hear, "What do you think, DADDY? Would I look good in this or red?" The smile on Kat's face was mischievous and evil.

The poor saleswoman blanched and stopped dead in her tracks. I turned three shades of red and wanted to hide.

"Oh, silly me. I forgot. You like me in garter belts and stockings." Kat continued, as she hung up the nightie. She turned to the ashen faced clerk and asked where the garter belts were. The poor woman cleared her throat and said a weak, "Follow me."

The evil smile continued as Kat followed the clerk and I trailed right behind in what felt like cement filled shoes. We stopped in front of the garter belt display.

"Oh, these are nice. I like the black one and the red one. Don't you, DADDY?" Kat asked as she held them to her waist.

I could feel beads of panic sweat forming on my forehead. "Uhhh...," was all I of a sentence I could produce. I felt proud of myself for being so coherent.

"Oh, and we'll take three pairs of stockings. One red, one black and one tan." Kat said to the stunned salesclerk.

The poor clerk walked away to get the stockings and Kat turned to me and gave me the sexiest wink and blew me a kiss. I stood there not knowing what to do. Fortunately, or, unfortunately Kat made my mind up for me by grabbing my hand and pulling me along with her to the counter.

Numb, I got my wallet out and shakily handed my credit card to the clerk. She swiped the card and dropped it on the counter as if I had the plague. The harried clerk then stuffed the lingerie into a bag and told us to have a nice day.

Kat kissed me on the lips and said, "Thank you, DADDY." Then she led me out of the store. Once out of the store Kat burst into laughter.

"Oh my God!! That was so much fun!! You should have seen the look on your face!!" she told me. "You were pale as a ghost!"

I just stared at Kat as she continued. "Oh, and her face was even more priceless!" Tears were now coming out of her eyes; she was laughing so hard.

I let her laugh it out while I just stared at her. When her laughing subsided, she wiped her eyes and looked at me. She asked, "Are you angry with me...daddy?"

She burst into laughter again. I couldn't keep a straight face anymore as I broke out in laughter too. We must have looked like two lunatics just standing there laughing and holding hands. I couldn't remember how many years since I had such a laugh and such a good time.

I wiped tears from my eyes and pulled Kat close to me. "I love you; you nut." I told her.

"I love you too." Kat replied.

We kissed in the middle of the walkway as people walked around us. I didn't remember a happier time in years.

We broke our kiss and I looked at her. "You still want me to get high heels?" she asked, her eyes sparkled with a playfulness.

"Definitely!" I replied. "But you can do it without me. Surprise me with what you buy. I'm going to go get your phone. Meet me back here in an hour, okay?"

I handed her a credit card and kissed her again. "Go have fun but keep it reasonable."

We parted ways and I went back to the phone store. Kat's phone was ready, and they were successful in getting all her data transferred over to the new phone. I walked out of the store and headed back to my car.

I drove behind the main mall to the strip mall in the back and parked in front of the craft and hobby store. I walked in and headed to what I wanted to buy but I had no idea of which one I should buy. A helpful saleswoman saw my confused face and asked me if I needed help. She was a Godsend and she filled me in on the most practical one I should buy, not just the most expensive one I could buy.

I bought the gift and put it in the trunk, then I drove back to the main mall. Walking around, I decided to window shop and people watch. I had a half an hour to kill until Kat and I met up. I saw a watch I liked at a jewelry store, but the $400 price tag was just too much, seeing I had just dropped over $300 on what I had bought for Kat.

I passed on the watch and headed to Victoria's Secret again to wait for Kat. To my surprise, Kat was already there waiting on me, holding four bags with boxes of shoes. She smiled when she saw me.

"Did you miss me?" She asked.

"Of course, I did! But did you leave any shoes for anyone else?"

"Nope! I bought them all!" Kat giggled and handed me three bags.

"Shall we head home?"

"Definitely!" Kat answered.

We walked out to my Mercedes and I put the bags in the back seat as the trunk was full and the back seat was nominally full. We got in the car and drove off to the townhome.

"What did you wander off to do while I spent your money?" Kat asked.

"I bought you something." I told her. "But, it's a surprise. You can open it tonight, after dinner, okay?"

"Awww...okay." Kat pouted. "Thank you. Daddy." She slipped in.

I almost went through a red light; I was laughing so hard.

(Part 3 to follow soon)