Savior Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I nodded in agreement. "Let Doug know if Carl comes back. Try to keep him here if you can. We'd like to have a word with him."

"Yeah, I wish I had known that before."

"We weren't sure before, and we didn't want to be Chicken Little, but now we know. We'll spread the word. Can you help us with that?"

"Yeah. I'll give Bill and Greg a call as soon as we're done here and let them know. We have a good thing going here and we don't need a bunch of thugs coming into town and screwing it all up."

I extended my hand. "I'm sorry about this, but we'll handle it. Don't worry."

Bryan took my hand. "Thanks, Rand, I know you will. When are you going to bring that rocket ship of yours by again? I have a new guy who wants to see it."

"I don't know. Maybe someday."

Hanna had been quiet, her gaze flicking back and forth between Bryan and me as we talked, but now she rose. "Excuse me, Mr. uhhh..."

"Bryan."

"Bryan. Did you happen to see a little boy, about five years old, with Carl?"

"No, sorry. Why?"

She looked at her feet. "It's my son. Our son. Carl took him. That's why I'm here, trying to find him and get him back."

Bryan had been chilly toward her after he found out who she was, or had been, but with her words, he softened immediately. "I'm truly sorry to hear that. He didn't have anyone with him other than his muscle, but I hope you can find him and get him back."

"Thank you," she said quietly.

"Thanks for giving us the heads up on this," I said as I put my hand on her back and steered her out of the room. "We'll keep you and the others in the loop."

Bryan nodded. "If there's anything we can do, I'm sure Greg and Bill will be on board, too."

"Doug will let you know."

I escorted her outside, going through the shop because it was quicker, raising a hand in acknowledgment as several of the mechanics called my name. The moment I was outside, I pulled out my cell and dialed.

"What did you find out?" Doug said in the way of an answer.

"It's confirmed."

"Shit. Okay. Meeting at Doonz at six. Bring Hanna and let's see what else she can tell us."

"We'll be there."

12