Savior Ch. 24

Story Info
The BRMC and the Orcas meet; Threats made; Tensions escalate.
3.5k words
4.78
4.7k
7
0

Part 24 of the 35 part series

Updated 12/03/2023
Created 05/02/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rand

"Rand," Doug's voice came from my phone "we need to meet at Doonz. Now. I'm calling everyone in."

"Ah, shit," I grumbled. "What's happened now?"

Hanna and Patrick looked at me across the table. Patrick and I had been running our asses off this morning, so now the three of us were enjoying a late lunch of cold sandwiches.

"I just got a call from Alex Pye."

"Who's that?"

"The President of the Orcas. The President of the mother chapter, out of Portland. He wants to meet."

"When?"

"Tonight. Eight o'clock, in Nestucca Bay."

I sighed. It never seemed to end. I'd hoped after Patrick and I killed five of their members a couple of nights ago, the Orcas would back off... or at the very least, pause and think about if we were worth the effort and blood.

"I'll bring Hanna, too. She might have some insight."

"Good idea. Be there at two, if you can."

I nodded as I glanced across the table at Hanna. "We'll be there." I hung up the phone. "Fuck."

"What?" Hanna asked.

"Have you heard of Alex Pye?"

She nodded slowly. "He's the President of the Portland chapter."

"Know anything about him?"

"A little."

"That's more than we know. Can you go with me to Doonz?"

"When?"

I shoved the rest of my sandwich into my mouth. "Now," I mumbled around it.

-oOo-

"Holy shit! What happened to you?" Vince asked as Hanna and I walked into Doonz fifteen minutes later. We were thirty minutes early, but I wanted to get there and find out what the fuck was going on.

"Carl," she slurred.

I saw Chuck grind his teeth, sympathizing with her. She looked like hell, but hopefully today was peak fucked up, and starting tomorrow she'd begin to feel and look better.

"I'm sorry," Chuck growled as Vince nodded.

She shrugged and slowly lowered herself into a chair. I'd hoped to get some information from one of the brothers as they arrived, but nobody knew anything more than I did, except maybe Doug, and he wasn't there yet. We were quiet, each of us lost in our thoughts, until Doug finally arrived. He pulled the wall shut behind him as he entered.

"As I told most of you on the phone, Alex Pye, the head-mother-fucker-in-charge of the Orcas, wants to meet in about five hours. We need to roll into this with a show of force." Doug looked around the room, meeting the eyes of the brothers. "I need everyone, and I do mean everyone, there... except you, Vince."

"What?" Vince yelped. "Why?"

"I need you to stay behind in case it goes sideways in a big way. I'm depending on you to get our wives and kids to safety."

I nodded. Our club was so small we didn't have a lot of officers with formal titles. Doug was the President, Tim the Vice-President and Treasurer, and everyone else helped with whatever needed doing, but Vince was Doug's go-to guy, functioning as his pseudo-Sergeant at Arms.

"I agree." I said, instantly approving of Doug's decision. "Everyone can see what happened to Hanna."

"I don't agree," Vince snapped. "It's probably a good idea to leave someone behind, but not me. If the shit hits the fan, you'll need me there."

Doug shook his head. "If the shit hits the fan, we're not going to be able to shoot out way out of it. There's a motion on the table. All who agree Vince should stay behind to take care of our families, say Aye."

"Aye!" the room rumbled, volume of our voices driving our agreement home.

"Any opposed?" Doug asked.

"Nay!" Vince barked, the lone voice.

"Motion carries," Doug said as he tapped the gavel. I could tell Vince was pissed, but I knew it was the right call. "Vince, listen to me. This is the most important job of all. I need my best man on it."

I nodded in agreement. "I want you take care of Hanna for me. If I can't do it, you're the one I want watching her." The room rumbled softly in agreement.

"I want you with us, but I need you here," Doug said, and the room rumbled again.

Vince sat, staring first at me, then Doug, before his gaze swept all the other members in turn. I knew Vince well enough to know he'd ignore any order, and lie his ass off, saying he'd stay only to follow us later if he thought he could help, but maybe he saw the silent begging in my eyes... in all our eyes. I knew any of my brothers would lay down their lives for me and mine, as I would for them, but of all of us, Vince would extract the highest toll if someone came for our families. Seeing that we all wanted, and believed the same thing, he slumped with a heavy sigh.

"Fine, but you assholes had better come back. I don't want to have to put up with all the shit from twenty-whatever pissed off wives. One's bad enough."

"That's the plan," Doug said before he turned to face Hanna and me. "Hanna, is there anything you can tell us about this Pye-hole?"

She shook her head. "I only know him by reputation. He's ruthless but not stupid. If he's leaving Portland to meet you, things must be bad, really bad. So far as I know, the entire time I was married to Carl, he never once came to Eugene, preferring to make the chapter Presidents ride to Portland." She paused as she thought. "I know Carl's afraid of him. Maybe everyone is. When he barks, people jump."

Doug pursed his lips as he slowly scrubbed his face and chin. "This may actually be a good thing. If he's getting involved, it may be because we're a much bigger pain in his ass than he expected. Maybe if we continue stepping on his dick they'll give up and go away." Hanna looked at me, and I could read her doubt clearly. "Don't burst my bubble, Hanna," he continued with a small smile.

-oOo-

"You better come back," Hanna murmured, kissing me softly on the lips.

"I will. Don't worry." I wanted to kiss her, to really kiss her, but I knew she was still hurting, so I rested my forehead against hers. "You heard the plan. I'll call when we get there, and I'll call when we're done. If you don't hear from me by nine o'clock, or if Vince calls, you and Patrick get to Doonz as fast as you can and do what Vince says. He's a good man. Between Vince and Patrick, they'll do everything they can to keep you safe."

She nodded slowly. "I will, but I need you to come back."

I tipped her face up so she had to look at me. Even her bruised and swollen face couldn't completely hide her beauty. "I will. I have to go."

It was about a two-hour ride to Nestucca Bay, and the BRMC was meeting at Doonz at six so we could convoy there for protection. We didn't want any surprises.

She stepped in close. "Hold me, just for a moment."

I surrounded her in my arms, careful not to squeeze as she snuggled in, holding my jacket in her fists. I'd noticed that was something she did when she was feeling fragile, as if she were afraid if she didn't grip me tight I'd suddenly disappear. I held her for a long moment, and though I'd have loved to stand there and hold her forever, I could feel the ticking of the clock. I kissed her on the head before I slowly pulled out of her embrace. She reluctantly let me go as she tipped her face up. I could read her worry even through the discoloration and swelling. I lowered my lips to hers for a final soft kiss.

"I have to go," I murmured before I looked at Patrick. "Keep her safe."

He nodded firmly. "Like she's my daughter." He then pulled me into an embrace. "I don't care what you have to do, you come back. I can't lose you, too," he whispered before slapping me on the back.

"I will, I promise," I murmured, hoping I was making a promise I could keep.

-oOo-

"Here they come," Doug said as I heard the distant thunder of approaching Harleys. We were gathered in the southeast corner of the Walmart parking lot as agreed.

"Oh... shit..." Chuck, a big man with a carefully maintained three-day beard muttered as bike after bike began to stream into the lot, stopping in front of us in neat rows. I did some quick math and decided there between ninety and a hundred Orcas facing us.

Once all the Orcas arrived the men began to dismount. Carl was there, but he looked miserable.

I forced a grin. "Carl. So good to see you again."

"You Doug Meyer?" a thick man asked stepping forward. He was greying, and going soft with age, but it was clear he was once a powerfully built man, and he still carried himself with the confidence of a man that had fought, and won, many battles.

"I'm Doug Meyer. You Alex Pye?"

"That's right," Alex said, his voice deep and gravelly, ignoring Doug's extended hand. "I'll make this short and to the point. You're becoming a problem. I don't like problems. So here's the deal. You're going to stop being a problem or things are going to get messy. Do I make myself clear?"

"Bayport is our home," Doug said, his voice hard. "We're not going to let you push us out of the way."

"I don't think you understand the situation, here, Doug. I'm not giving you a choice. I'm not going to 'push you out of the way.' All I'm giving you is a chance to leave with your families still alive."

"So, Carl wasn't able to get it done for you, huh?" I sneered, unable to resist the opportunity to needle Carl.

"Who the fuck are you?" Alex asked.

"Rand Tauper."

"You're the one fucking Bee's old lady?"

"That's right."

Alex nodded. "Bee has completely fucked this up, and I'll deal with him, but now you're dealing with me. I don't fuck up."

"You already did. You let Carl try to do your dirty work for you."

Alex smiled, refusing to be baited. "That wasn't my fuck up."

"We're not going to let you have the town without a fight," Doug said.

"Fine. We'll just kill you here and now and save ourselves the trouble later."

Nobody made a threatening move, but I felt the rarest of thrills, the rush of impending doom. I had little doubt Alex was willing to carry out his threat, and Doug must have sensed it as much as I did.

"Give us a minute," Doug said, jerking his head toward our bikes and stepping away. "Anyone have any ideas?" he asked as the rest of us huddled in. "I don't think this is a fight we can't win."

"I'm not going to let these assholes run me out of town. I'd rather die fighting than slink away with my tail between my legs," Chuck growled.

"What about our families?" Rich asked. "I have a wife and a new baby girl to worry about."

"I'm with Chuck," Will chimed in. "I'll send Gwen and the kids to her mother's, but I'm not leaving. I was born in Bayport and I'm not give it up to these fucks without a fight."

I agreed with Doug. I didn't see any way we could win this fight, either here, or later at home in Bayport. Our only hope of winning was to do something unexpected. I was only half listening as the brothers discussed our options. Most wanted to stand and fight, with the few that didn't understandably worried about their families.

"Maybe there's another way," I suggested slowly.

"What?" Doug asked.

"They want the racing, right? That's in nine days. Let's have them put it on the line. One on one, winner takes all."

Doug shook his head. "I don't like it. Too much risk. What if we lose?"

"Doug, we've already lost. Look at us! We brought the entire club, and they showed up with three times the number, and that's what... ten percent of their club? We can't stand against that in a straight up fight."

"Rand's right," Chuck said. "I won't leave, but I know how it's going to end. If they go for it, this gives us a chance."

"Why would they go for it?" Kevin asked.

"Maybe they won't, but I think this is our only option," Brock said. "Even if we win, if the Orcas come in and shoot up the town, or whatever they're going to do, people will never trust us again."

Doug was quiet for a moment, clearly thinking. "All good points. Do we want to try this? Our best against theirs? With Stu dead that leaves you, Rand. You and Vince. Nobody else even comes close."

"I think we have to," Brock said. "Vince's fast. Stu was even faster, but Rand is fucking unbelievable. If they go for it, we've already won."

"You up for that, Rand?" Doug asked.

I smiled. "Bring it on."

Doug nodded. "Okay. Are we all agreed?" Everyone nodded. "Let's go make the pitch."

We walked back to where Alex was waiting. "The answer is no, but we have a proposal for you."

"I don't cut deals." Alex growled.

"No deals. We're not going to let you push us out, but we'll give you a chance to take the race from us without a lot of bloodshed and attention."

Alex narrowed his eyes. "How?"

"Win it from us. A grudge race. Your best against our best. One on one. We win, you get the fuck out of Bayport and never come back. You win, we walk. You get the race, the equipment, everything, nobody gets hurt, and the cops don't have to know. You've already lost five men. How many more do you want to lose when we could give it to you?"

Alex smiled, but it was cold, like that of a snake about to strike. "Now why would I take a deal like that when I can just kill you all and be assured of getting what I want? I don't gamble, Doug. I win."

"Because we're not going to back down. If you bring a war to town you can probably, eventually, kill us all and take the race. After that much violence and bloodshed, you might have the race, but you probably won't have any racers. Ever heard the term pyrrhic victory?"

"What the fuck is that?"

Doug had taught high school history before he retired, and I knew the term from reading about the Roman's and the Greeks.

"It means that your victory will be so costly you'll have actually lost. Think about it."

Alex snorted. "That's a risk I'm willing to take."

Doug shrugged. "Then I guess you better get ready to rumble because we're not going down without a fight."

"If that's the way you want it," Alex sneered.

I tensed, getting ready to fight. If Alex made good on his threat, it could all end right here.

"Cops!" an Orcas called as a Nestucca Bay police cruiser turned into the lot and drove slowly in our direction.

I relaxed, never so glad to a police officer in my life.

"What's going on here?" the officer asked as he glided to a stop and rolled down the window of his cruiser.

"Nothing," Alex said with a beaming smile. "We're just out enjoying the night air and having a friendly visit with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts."

The officer eyed us a moment. "You need to break it up or take it someplace else."

"You got it, officer. Come on, guys," Alex said, turning to his men. "We don't want any trouble."

"You heard the man," Doug echoed, turning to his own bike, and we followed his lead.

With a slow exhalation, I mounted up and donned my helmet. Nobody in the Orcas had made a threatening move, but if the cop hadn't shown up when he had, I had the feeling it was about to get real ugly, real fast. We'd have to stop somewhere and let Vince know we were okay, but it was clear all of the BRMC wanted to get away from the Orcas as quickly as possible. Under the watchful eyes of Nestucca Bay's finest, we rode out of the parking lot, the Orcas leading, before we went our separate ways.

-oOo-

By the time we reached Neskowin, we were reasonably sure the Orcas weren't going to ambush us, so we pulled to a stop in a Shell where we gassed our bikes and made phone calls. I listened as my cell purred in my ear.

"You okay?" Patrick asked the moment my phone stopped ringing.

"Yeah."

"Bad?"

"Not good. We couldn't back the Orcas off. For a second, I thought we were going to throw down right there in the Walmart parking lot, but thank God a cop showed up when he did."

"But you're okay?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah, we're all fine. I think we're going to stop at Doonz and try to figure out what we're going to do next."

"Thank God you're okay."

"I'm fine. I should be home by midnight. Any problems there?"

"No. Quiet as a graveya... no problems." Patrick said.

I grinned with his sudden change in wording. "I'm up at the pump. Don't wait up."

"Fat chance," Hanna huffed before I ended the call with a smile.

-oOo-

We rolled into Doonz's parking lot minutes after ten. CJ was open until midnight, and there were still several cars in his parking lot, including one harlequin Volkswagen Beetle. I couldn't prevent myself from smiling as I pulled up beside Hanna's car and switched off my bike. Inside, she was sitting in our area across the table from Vince.

"Hey," I said softly as she rose, pulling her gently to me and kissing her softly. "What are you doing here?"

"I have news."

"Hanna, this is club business. Can you wait outside, please?" Doug said as he entered the room.

"I have something you need to hear."

Doug held her gaze before his eyes flicked to Vince. "You need to hear this," Vince confirmed.

Doug jerked his head at the wall and Rich slid barrier closed. "What have you got?"

"I called a girlfriend in Eugene. She's Dirk's, another Orca's, old lady. She said that Alex is pissed that this has gotten so out of hand. According to her, Viper, the President of the Eugene chapter, was screaming at Carl yesterday about how fucked up this Bayport thing is. Anyway, she thinks the Orcas are going to come for you, for us. She doesn't have any details, but the rumor is Alex made it crystal clear that Viper better get this mess cleaned up."

"That's all you know?" Doug asked when it was clear she was done.

She shrugged. "That's all Leeda knew. The only other thing I can tell you is Leeda said Viper looked worried. She also said most of the club was pissed at Carl, and she heard a lot of the guys muttering how they were going to have make an example out of you, us. It sounds bad, Doug."

"Fuck," Doug muttered. He glanced around the room before his gaze returned to Hanna. "When did your contact hear all this?"

"Yesterday and today. I waited as late as I could before I called her, but she said the men weren't back from Portland yet."

"It sounds like we're in deep shit," Tim muttered.

"Yeah," Doug agreed. He glanced around the room. "Anyone got any thoughts?"

"One last thing," Hanna said. "Patrick was listening when I called Leeda. He said if you, the BRMC I mean, needed a place to hole up, he said you, we, could do it there."

Patrick had always been there for me. "Give me a minute," I said as I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

"You back?"

"Yeah. I'm at Doonz right now. Hanna told us what you said. Are you sure about that offer?"

"Yes."

"Do you realize what you're offering? You understand, that if the Orcas decide to come for us, and we're there, that—"

"Can you think of a better place to make a stand?" he interrupted.

"This isn't your fight."

"It's not? When did you stop being a Rider? If you're going to stand and fight, I'm going to be standing right there beside you. You're going into this without me over my dead body."

"That's what I'm worried about."

"Rand... I've lived a good life. I can't think of a better way to go out than trying to help you live to see another day."

Tears welled in my eyes. "You're sure?"

"I've never been so sure of anything."

"I'll see you in a few minutes."

"I'll be here."

I ended the call. "Okay. Here's what I think we should do," I said, forcing my voice to normalcy.