Savior Ch. 32

Story Info
The Orcas realize the extent of their error.
4.1k words
4.82
5.3k
6
0

Part 32 of the 35 part series

Updated 12/03/2023
Created 05/02/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hanna

It was nearly two, which was way, way past Garrett's bedtime, and he'd fallen asleep in my arms. The latest racer in the over 750cc class had just left the starting line, and for the moment, the pit area was relatively quiet. I was surprised that very few, maybe none, of the racers had left the event. I assumed that once they were finished racing, the racers who weren't in the top three positions would leave. Why stick around if you knew you weren't going to win anything?

Behind us, there was a flurry of activity, people running, and a woman carrying a bag hurrying to a pickup. The truck roared to life, its headlight flashing on before it turned and, once past the timing tables, raced away toward the starting line, it's engine straining as it rapidly gathered speed to disappear in the darkness.

I grunted as I switched Garrett to my other arm. I looked around for Nikki again, trying find her, hoping that after I prevented her from getting her ass kicked this afternoon maybe she'd be willing to help me with Garrett for a little while. I needed to give my arms a chance to rest. In the dark it was hard to see anyone, and those I could see, I couldn't tell who they were. I'd completely lost track of the woman. The last time I saw her, she was hanging all over some guy in one of the brightly colored racing suits, but that was more than an hour ago. For all I knew, she'd left with him and they were off in the weeds somewhere banging their brains out.

"We have a hold on the course," Doug announced over this bullhorn. Garrett squirmed but didn't wake. "Rider number sixteen has crashed. Reports are that he's conscious and talking with his crew, but he's injured his leg. We've dispatched emergency medical aide. Riders, there will be a minimum of a thirty-minute hold. Thirty-minute hold, everyone."

Carl was completely ignoring me... until I tried to slip away. The moment he noticed me edging away, he pulled me back. I was keeping my distance as he ran his mouth to the rest of the Orcas, but if I didn't find a place to put Garrett down soon, I was going to drop him. I inched closer to the men.

"Stupid fuckers can't ride," one of the Orcas sneered.

"Carl..." I begged.

"What?" he snapped, clearly annoyed I was interrupting them.

"I have to put Garrett down."

"So put him down. Jesus, do I have to tell you everything?"

"He's sleeping."

"So wake him up. All he's done the last few days is sleep."

"Can you hold him for a few minutes? Please?"

"I'm still hurting. You're either going to have to have him stand on his own feet, or if you're going to keep babying him, you're going to have to hold him yourself."

"I can't hold him anymore! I'm going to go find someplace where he can lay down."

"You're not going any fucking place!" I turned and started walking away, hoping the warning he'd gotten earlier at Doonz would prevent him from doing anything. "Hey, where the fuck do you think you're going?" he snarled, starting after me.

Jacob, who was my current shadow, stepped between me and Carl, his face hard. "You touch her, you're out," he warned, his voice flinty and hard. Brock, Jacob, or Palmer had been no more than five steps from me all evening.

"Stay out of it," Carl sneered, starting to step around the Rider.

Jacob, a slender blond man with a handsome face and bulging arms, adjusted his position to remain between us and put one of his hands Carl's chest. "Stay where you are."

"Get your fucking hands off me!" Carl snarled, jerking Jacob's hand out of his chest before trying to step around my protector again.

I noticed three other Riders rapidly approaching, their faces equally hard, one of them Vince. Like Jacob, he was armed. The rest of the Orcas noticed as well.

Jacob quickly moved between us again, and again put his hand in Carl's chest, but this time his other hand fell to his sidearm. "You better call your boy off before he gets his ass tossed out," Jacob snarled, glaring at Carl.

There was a tense moment of silence as the Orcas evaluate their situation. They were attracting attention. "She can't go anywhere, so let her go," Alex growled.

"She's my fucking wife!"

"And your fucking son!" Alex snapped. "Act like it!" His eyes were still hard as he glanced at me, but he nodded.

"Thank you," I murmured as I stepped past Jacob. Vince fell into step behind me as Jacob held his position between me and Carl.

I started toward my car, but in the faint moonlight, I saw the BRMC truck sitting near the finish line, and there appeared to be figure sitting on the tailgate. I paused at my car, but with a jerk of Vince's head toward the truck, I continued past, slowly walking through the pit area.

Rand was sitting on the tailgate, staring into the darkness, alone and unmoving. I paused, unsure what I should do. I was preparing to turn back when he noticed me. He peered at me in the darkness a moment.

"Hanna?"

"Yes," I murmured as I moved toward him. "You okay?" I asked. "I'm not disturbing you, am I?"

"You? Never." I shifted Garrett again. "He asleep?" I nodded. "Want to put him in the truck so you don't have to hold him?"

I wilted with relief. "God yes! Thank you! He's getting so heavy!"

He hopped down from the tailgate and opened the rear door of the truck. I was surprised the dome light didn't come on as I gently placed Garrett on seat.

He snuffled and squirmed on the edge of sleep. "Shhh..." I whispered as I caressed him. "Go back to sleep. Mommy's right here."

After a moment he became still, and his breathing again became deep and regular. I slowly backed away and closed the door. Rand reached past me and shoved it shut with a click. He then walked around the vehicle, opened the front door, and climbed behind wheel before slowly shutting the door. I didn't know what I was supposed to do, and I was just reaching for the door handle of the front passenger door when the windows started rolling down. They stopped about halfway, he switched the truck off, removed the key, and shut the door behind him as quietly as he had the rear one.

"Thanks," I breathed, shaking my arms to try to restore circulation.

"Carl let you leave?"

I nodded. "Sort of. I told him I need to put Garrett down. He didn't want me to go, but Jacob intervened." I shrugged. "Your truck is probably more comfortable than my car."

A small smile danced on his lips. "Is that the reason you came down here?"

My lips mirrored his smile as I looked down. "Not the only reason."

He jerked his chin at the truck. "He can stay right there until we're ready to leave if you like."

"Thanks," I murmured. We were quiet for a long moment. He'd come for me, and though it hadn't worked out, the fact that he'd cared enough to try had warmed me deeply. There was so much I wanted to tell him, but I didn't know how, or where to begin.

"This is where Stu would be racing, right?"

His lips thinned. "Yeah. He should be here kicking ass, just like Vince, but he's not, all because of the fu... the Orcas."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah... me too."

I yawned hugely. "Aren't you tired?"

"No. Too pumped-up thinking about the race. Plus, I slept late this morning."

I glanced into the truck to make sure Garrett was still sleeping, remembering how sleeping in Rand's arms helped keep the nightmares away. "I wish I could have been there with you."

"You can be again, if that's what you want. Is it what you want?"

"Maybe. I need time to think once this is over... but..."

"But?"

"But I'm... not opposed to the idea."

"Me either," he whispered.

He looked way an instant before I saw headlamps approaching. They were dazzlingly bright to my night adjusted vision. The headlamps winked off, leaving only the orange parking lamp illuminated as the truck oozed to as stop beside us. In the back of the truck was a man sitting with his leg held rigidly straight with a splint. Marla was sitting in the back with a big medical bag at her feet. I realized she was the one I saw running to the truck with the bag.

"How're you doing?" Rand asked.

"Hurts like hell... but I'm not leaving until I see you race that hog of yours."

Rand glanced to Marla. "It's broken, no doubt about that, but it's a clean break, and I've immobilized it. If he can stand the pain, he can wait to go to the hospital."

The man nodded. "I can take it. There are only three more in my class, then the seven running in the unlimited class. For this show, I can make it the hour or so it'll take to finish. You can recover my bike?"

"Will it run?"

He shook his head. "Don't know, but it's off the track, and it's not torn up too badly."

"We'll check it out. You know the procedure. We'll help you get to Doonz, but after that, it's your responsibility."

"Yeah. I got a ramp to get it into my truck, but..."

Rand smiled. "I'm sure we can find a couple of guys to get it loaded for you. Don't sweat it."

"Thanks. What's the grudge run over?"

Rand didn't answer and I glanced at him. "Her," he finally said with a nod of his head in my direction."

"No shit?"

I knew that wasn't it, but it made a good cover story. "No shit," I confirmed.

"I saw him slap you at Doonz. You need to get away from that fucker!"

"Her son is in the truck," Rand said, his tone making it an offhand comment, but I appreciated him warning the other man. I wasn't above using bad language, and I used it a lot when it came to Carl, but I hated Carl swearing like a sailor in front of Garrett all the time, and I tried to modify my language when Garrett could overhear.

"Oh! Sorry... but seriously, you need to get away from him."

"I already have," I said. "I'm divorcing him... but this is to... keep him from harassing me."

"Didn't you come in with him?" the man asked.

"Yeah," I confirmed. "It's complicated."

"He kidnapped her son," Rand clarified. "She was trying to get him back."

"That fu... jerk!"

"Yeah. This race is about getting him out of her life forever."

"Then I hope you kick his ass up one side and down the other. Now I don't care if I have to bite on a stick, I'm not leaving until that race is over. Racing over a woman? It doesn't get any more manly than that!"

In the distance, I heard the shriek of a bike leaving the starting line. The race was starting again.

"Spread it around," Rand said before rapping lightly on the side of the truck. "I don't trust him to stick to his agreement. The more who know, the better."

The man raised a silent hand in acknowledgement as the truck slowly pulled away. "Why did you tell them that you were racing over me?"

"Because I didn't want a bunch of rumors floating around, and I didn't want to tell them the real reason. Knowing the truth could cause people to stay away from the race. If we win, and the Orcas abide by their agreement, they don't need to know the real reason, and if we lose..." he shrugged. "Not our problem."

"But you're not going to lose, right?"

He smiled down at me. "Not a chance. Carl is slow as hell."

"Good." I looked at my shoes a moment before I looked up at him again. "He's right, though."

"About what?"

"Two men fighting over a woman is very... manly. Kind of sexy too."

"You like men fighting over you?"

"No, not really... but I like the idea of you whipping Carl's ass in front of everyone." I glanced down again. "I wish it were true, though."

"What?"

"That I was the prize. Then, after you won me, I could take Garrett and go back to Bayport with you and never have to see Carl again."

"Remember. Just another day or two."

I nodded. "I know, but if he loses, he's going to take it out on me."

He reached into his pocket, pulled out his phone, and placed it in my hand. "Keep this hidden. If he touches you, call the cops."

I whimpered as I took the phone. "What if he takes it from me, like Patrick's phone?"

"That's why I said keep it hidden. Don't use it except in an emergency. You told me where you are. As soon as I know I safely can, I'll get you both out of there. You have my word."

I swallowed hard. "I believe you. I can't possibly thank you enough for everything you've done for me, and for Garrett."

He touched my face and I tipped my cheek into his palm.

"Unlimiteds... thirty minutes. Unlimiteds... thirty minutes," Doug's voice boomed out over the megaphone.

"I have to start getting ready."

"I know," I murmured, but I couldn't leave him without a kiss, and I pulled his lips to mine. "I'll be waiting when you get back," I murmured as our lips slowly parted.

"Fuck," he grunted softly.

I turned to see what he was looking at. "Oh... no," I breathed as I watched Carl stomping toward us. Vince was only a few steps behind him.

"I saw that, you fucker!" he bellowed as he approached.

"Garrett's sleeping!" I hissed, waving my hands to try to get Carl to lower his voice.

"Where the fuck is my son?" he yelled.

Beside me Rand stiffened, his hands curling into fists.

"Keep your voice down! He's sleeping in the back of the truck," I snarled quietly.

"What the fuck is he doing in there?" he demanded, ignoring my plea. "Were you planning on running, you fucking whore?"

"Where else do you suggest he sleep? It's quieter down here!"

"I don't give a flying fuck! I don't want him anywhere near this fucker!"

"Then you should have helped me when I asked for it!"

"Get him the fuck out of there!"

Glaring at Carl but saying nothing, Rand opened the truck door.

I reached in and picked Garrett up. "Come here, Punkin," I murmured as he wrapped his arms around my neck and placed his head back on my shoulder.

"I saw you kissing her, you motherfucker," Carl snarled. "She's going to pay for that. I'm going to hurt her, Rand. Because of you, I'm going to fuck her up bad, and it's going to be your fault."

Rand stared at Carl, his face as hard and cold as frozen diamond. He glanced at Garrett. "Just remember what I said happens to liars," he rumbled, the threat clear if soft.

"Fuck you. I'm not afraid of you."

"Good... then I won't have any trouble finding you."

"Get lost, Carl," Vince growled as he approached. "Rand has to get ready for his race."

"Race?" Carl asked, and I smiled with evil satisfaction. He was about to find out just how badly he'd fucked up.

Feeling brave with both Vince and Rand beside me, I smiled at Carl. "Didn't you know?" I sneered. "He races on a custom-built race bike." I decided to rub it in even more. "A race bike he designed and built. The race bike that holds the track record."

Carl stared at me, his eyes widening with every word. "He's just the mechanic! You told me he was a mechanic!"

"I didn't tell you... anything, and he's much more than that," I said with an evil smile. "And you're going to have to race him." My smile spread even wider. "Who's fucked now, asshole?" I shouldn't have said that, not with Garrett in my arms, but I didn't regret uttering the words even a little bit.

"But..." Carl stammered.

"You need to get suited up," Vince said, his glare never leaving Carl.

Still glaring at Carl, Rand said nothing, opened the rear door of the truck, and pulled a bag from the floor behind the passenger seat. He tossed it on the seat, unzipped it, and pulled out a multicolored full body jumpsuit like all the other racers wore. As he began stripping, removing his pants, shirt, and boots, Carl turned and hurried away.

"God, I hate that mother... that guy," Rand muttered as he slithered into his race suit, clearly changing what he was going to say.

As I held Garrett, Rand finished dressing, and then donned his helmet before gripping his motorcycle firmly. With a hard shove, he pushed the bike off the stand that had been holding it up. Vince reached in the bed of the truck and pulled out something that looked like an oversized electric drill.

"Stay with us," Vince muttered as Rand began pushing his bike toward the starting line.

We walked the bike through the throng of trucks and motorcycles. We were almost to the timing table when the Orcas stepped in front of us. As we stopped, Brock, Palmer, Chuck, and several other Riders closed in.

Alex glared at Rand. "You want something?" Rand asked. "I have to get to the starting line."

"Carl," Alex snarled, not looking away from Rand. "You said this asshole was just the mechanic for the club. What's he doing racing?"

"I... uh..." Carl stammered. "That's what she told me!"

"When?" I demanded. "When exactly did I tell you that?"

"When... when you came back to me."

"You mean four days ago?"

Alex turned to glare at Carl. "She told you four days ago? Then how'd you know last week?"

Carl swallowed hard. "Maybe... maybe I heard it—"

"You better be as good as you said you are."

"Good at what?" I asked. I was enjoying watching Carl squirm and wanted to twist the knife as much as possible.

Alex looked at me. "We'll deal with you later. You're Carl's old lady and—"

"He told you that? We're divorced!" I sneered. Not technically true, at least not yet, but it was close enough.

Alex glared at Carl, his eyes narrowing even more, before he turned his attention back to me. "What do you know about his street-racing?"

"What street-racing?" I asked, forcing myself not to smile. Carl's world was ending, and just I'd hoped, I was here to see it all.

"Was he street-racing when he met you?"

I couldn't stop myself and burst into laughter. "No! He was working in a parts store!"

Alex glared at Viper. Viper shrugged. "I don't know what to say, Pie. A year or so ago, some of the brothers were talking about how they saw Carl avoid an accident when by all rights he should have gone down. I had no reason to doubt what Carl was saying."

"Did he mention his racing career before that?"

"No... not that I recall."

Alex turned to Carl, his face made of stone. "Alex! I can explain!" Carl cried.

Alex grabbed Carl by the throat, but security had suddenly developed a case of temporary blindness. "You lose, you die," he snarled softly before he shoved Carl away. "Keep this lying piece of shit away from me!" He shoved past Carl but then stopped and turned to face me. "We're not done," he growled before he stomped away.

"Look what you've done!" Carl cried, glaring at me while holding out his hands as if beseeching God for mercy. "You've ruined everything!"

Alex scared me and I watched his retreating back before turning my gaze back to Carl. "Fuck... you... again," I sneered before turning and following Rand and Vince as they began moving for the starting line.

Doug stopped me as I tried to pass the timing table. "You can't go up there," he said softly. "It's for your protection."

"But..."

"Stay with us," he continued. "Here," he said, placing a pair of headphones over my head. "Don't talk, but you can listen in."

"Two minutes, Rand," Vince said, his voice coming over the coms loud and clear. "Com check."

"Five by five," Rand replied. "Light it up."

"Get ready. I'm inserting the starter."

An instant later, near the start line, I heard the shriek of an engine, an engine unlike any I'd ever heard before. The motor screamed like an animal and made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end as Rand blipped the throttle on his bike.

"System check," Vince said.

"Oil pressure good. Magneto good."

Rand continued to race the engine, the motor wailing higher into the rev range with every repetition.

"One minute."

Rand said nothing, his bike continuing to scream its war song. "Water good. Ready to race."

"Ten seconds!"

"Copy. Don't give me the times. I don't want to know," Rand said, his voice hard and clipped.

"Copy," Vince replied.

The light turned green, Rand's bike screamed, the pitch of the engine much higher than the other bikes, then he was away, the shriek of his bike unlike anything I'd ever heard before. I was used to hearing the heavy thudding rumbles of a Harley, but Rand's bike wailed like a demon, and it was amazing how fast the sound of his bike faded away.

12