Sean's Next Adventure Ch. 16

Story Info
Sean heads back and faces things head on.
7.7k words
4.77
6.2k
2
0

Part 16 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 09/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Reader,

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination.

This story is part of the ongoing adventures and misadventures of Sean. Every story I have submitted to this point leads to this moment. I invite you to take some time and catch up if you are able

Constructive criticism, and feedback is truly appreciated. I would like this to be an interactive journey as much as this medium allows. Please feel free to send suggestions, ideas for future characters etc. I welcome the input.

Chapters are a bit slower developing right now, not because the chapters aren't forming, but there are some personal life issues that are taking priority at the moment.

Keep Soaring,

Pelican

(¬‿¬)

On Thursday afternoon Sean stopped by the diner for lunch before going over to Dr. Vance's office. The TA54 BMW was parked in the gravel lot. When Sean walked in, Danny looked up from the counter, he glanced at Tommy then at Sean, "I want no shit from either of you today."

Sean smiled, "I got no beef with Mr. Anderson. You have to ask him if he has one with me."

Tommy began to stand up when Mandy glared at him, her voice hissed, "Sit down and shut up."

Danny looked at the table, "You going to be civil Tommy?"

Tommy sat and looked straight ahead, Danny repeated, "I asked you if you can be civil?"

Mandy looked at her husband then at Danny, "He is fine Mr. Dougherty, no problems here." She looked at Sean and her cheeks turned pink, "Hi Sean, how is your grandfather?"

Sean winked at her, "He's fine, stubborn but fine. When I left he was hobbling around the back half of the property checking for Turkey and putting some rounds down range in his bird gun." Sean walked over to the table and looked at Tommy, "Enjoy the pictures last night Tommy?"

Tommy's face turned dark red. "For now all of this is our little secret, but if I hear a peep that you turn that rage towards my family, the fucking I gave your wife last night will be tame in comparison to how I fuck up your life. Look how quickly I found your side hustle. There is nothing you will do that I won't find out. But, rest assured that you aren't the only one. I remember every damn one of you that jumped me that night at the Thomas house, and it may take me until my dying breath, but I plan to bring the pain of hell on all 13 of you. Two down, 11 to go the way I see it. Tell the others, have them talk to Scott. I'll find them all."

Sean went to the counter and ordered his lunch and ate in peace. Danny came over to talk to him between bites of his toasted club sandwich and fries, "You're a braver man than me Sean, turning your back on him."

Sean smiled then glanced at the glass refrigerator door that held the pies. "I can see every move he makes in the reflection, being bullied you learn to keep an eye on everything and everyone in ways that most people don't even notice. I don't think he has the balls to try anything, bullies melt when they can't use intimidation and he knows I'm not intimidated. Two, he's a kept man, her family got him his job, she makes twice what he was. He's not going to mess up the easy street that he is living on."

Sean ate then headed to Dr. Vance's office. Sean walked in and was greeted with a big smile, "Sean Little, it is good to see you, it's been awhile."

Sean was confused for a minute then he recognized Amy Martin. "Hi Amy, it has been since graduation. I didn't know you were working for Dr. Vance."

She smiled, "I've been her receptionist for a few months now, went to State for a year but it just wasn't for me, so I got my Associates and headed home like a big baby."

Sean shook his head, "Not a thing wrong with knowing where you belong and what you want to do. I changed majors this semester, going to come back and take over the farm when I graduate."

Amy looked shocked, "Coming home? Oh, come on, you are the talk of the town, they say you are going to the NFL when you graduate."

Sean shook his head, "That's a longshot at best. Lot's of kickers in the world. 32 in the NFL, 64 if you count punters. So, I'm seriously doubting that I have that skill level."

Amy blushed and lowered her voice, "From what I hear if you kick as good as you fuck you'll be an All Star."

Sean was stunned, "Pardon me?"

Amy found some courage, "Remember I was one of Courtney's best friends, and I got a text last night from Mandy after you left. She said that she would follow you to the ends of the earth just to get another injection of Vitamin Sean."

Sean paused, "Wow, that's some high praise."

Amy lowered her face and lifted her eyes coyly, "What's it take to get one of those injections, Sean?"

Sean was scrambling, "Well, probably having this conversation someplace other than the reception area of an orthopedic surgeon's office would be a good place to start."

Amy blushed, "You know those pictures you took and sent to Tommy?" Sean didn't respond, as Amy continued, "You were smart not showing anything of yours that would be incriminating, but I have to say, that vein and ridge of your cock gave me some inspiration for self care this morning in the shower."

Dr. Vance poked her head outside, "Sean, come on back to the office while I've got a minute between patients."

Amy smiled, "I'll see you soon, Sean."

Sean nodded, "It was good to see you Amy, tell your folks I said hello."

Dr. Vance led Sean to her office, Sean was actually relieved that she left the door open. She reached onto a shelf to get the football, Sean noticed how tone her calves were as she got on her tiptoes. Sean apologized, "I'm sorry Dr. Vance, I should have gotten that for you."

She turned and tossed the ball to him, "No worries, I may be small but I'm mighty." She jokingly flexed and they both had a laugh. "Please, you are doing something cool for me, it's Lisa."

Sean smiled, "Fair enough Lisa, but I will sign the ball to Dr. Vance."

She blushed, "Yes, probably a good idea." Sean pulled out a sharpie and signed the Nike football. She smiled, "Is your schedule set for next year?"

Sean nodded, "It should be on the website?"

She sat in the chair next to him, her skirt lifting to show her long, toned legs, "If I would get tickets, is there any chance I could get a tour of your facility?"

Sean looked up, "I'm good friends with one of our lead trainers, I'm sure I could get her to show you around. Just let me know which game you'd like to come to and I can get you tickets in the friends and family area." Sean handed her the ball.

She laughed, "Well, I was actually hoping to get into a suite with some friends." She pointed behind her to her diploma. "I actually went to med school at your rival."

Sean groaned, "It was nice to beat them at their place this year."

"Beat us, you destroyed us. Next year we will return the favor at your place," Lisa said.

Sean winked at her, "Those are big words from such a small but mighty person."

She playfully punched him, "I'm willing to bet, even."

Sean put his hands up, "Whoa now, betting on college games is a big no no with the NCAA."

She smiled, "No money, we have some time to come up with a wager, friendly little bet," she faked like she spit on her hand and stuck it out for Sean to shake.

He shook his head, "Fair enough, friendly wager." Sean emphasized the friendly part of that. He stood and thanked Lisa for taking care of his stubborn grandfather. She hugged him which surprised him just a little. She walked him back to the lobby and turned to go back to her office. When she was safely behind closed doors she opened her phone and looked at the pictures forwarded to her that morning by Amy. "My, my, my Mr. Little isn't little at all."

Sean said goodbye to Amy and walked to the Gladiator, as he started the truck he received a text from an unknown number. When he opened it there was a picture of Amy showing ample cleavage with a smile. "Don't forget me, I want one of those amazing injections."

Sean shook his head and put his phone away. He talked to himself as he drove back to the farm. It was his own grandfather's voice that echoed in his head, "Sometimes son, when you are in a hole you need to put down the damn shovel."

Sean pulled down the lane to the farm and when he pulled up next to the shop he saw the local Silverado pickup in the lot next to the shop. Sean got out of the Gladiator and headed into the shop office where his grandfather was talking to Cliff Jennings, a neighboring farmer. Sean opened the door to a heated discussion.

Cliff pounded the table, "Dammit Dave, just sell this old place. You know the offer I've made is fair. You can't run this place on your own anymore."

Dave leaned back with his arms folded. "We've had this conversation before, I'm not selling. This old place has been in my family for generations and it will stay in my place."

Cliff had not seen Sean walk in, "Oh bullshit, that grandson of yours left for college and isn't coming back."

Dave glanced over Cliff's shoulder and nodded, "Well, that's where you'd be wrong, Cliff."

Sean's large frame covered the entire doorway, "Mr. Jennings, nice of you to stop by. I'd been meaning to come talk to you this summer, but since you are here we can have the conversation now."

Cliff turned around and looked at the muscular 21 year old filling the door, "Sean, can you talk some sense into your grandfather? I've been trying but the stubborn old mule refuses to be reasonable."

Sean's look was half smirk half bemused, "Well, I think he's made his point clear. Actually though what I had in mind was something similar. I think perhaps we should buy you out."

Cliff Jennings laughed, "Buy me out? You're dumber than he is. There is no way an operation your size can buy out an operation my size. What are they teaching you in college these days?"

Sean smiled, "Leverage Mr. Jennings, they are teaching us leverage. The way I see it, just average prices mind you, for a few hundred thousand dollars I can buy your Northwest and Southwest Sections, giving us expansion for crop and some pasture for cattle. We'd only need about 20% cash down which is only about $250,000. Now, while my grandfather may not have that level of capital laying around, I think I could get my hands on it when needed. So to answer your questions; no we won't be selling, yes I am coming home when I graduate, yes I can get my hands on that money either through partners or maybe even a big fat signing bonus some day."

Cliff Jennings stood up, his nostrils flaring and his ears beat red. "You haven't heard the last of this." As he stormed by Sean stepped aside, "By the way, tell Mrs. Jennings I said hello." As the shop door closed Sean muttered, "or I will tell her myself."

Dave smiled at his grandson. "Bub, I don't know what the hell they are teaching you at that school, but I've never seen Cliff Jennings have the tables turned on him like that in all these years. He's trying to buy up everyone and then he's going to sell to some large corporate farm. We've all heard the rumors. He's the youngest of us left out here and not many of the kids or grandkids have farming in their blood."

Sean rubbed his few days of facial scruff, "Really? Well, that makes things interesting. Maybe we should talk to the other old timers and come up with an agreement. What if we bought them out with an agreement that they get to stay and work their land until they die. If we form an LLC we could put the land in a trust that comes to the LLC when they die. They get the best of both worlds, they get to keep working their land and we get the land when they die."

Sean's grandfather shook his head, "That's a lot of money that may be giving us nothing in return for years."

Sean smiled, "That's just it, we get a little of their profit back in rent, just enough to make the payments. It doesn't cost them much in the grand scheme, their land is secure in a family operation for at least one more generation. They get the capital up front."

Dave shook his head, "Those old fellas are stubborn, I'm not sure they would go for it."

Sean smiled, "Well, it's better than some corporation running them and bringing in managers from out of state isn't it?"

Dave looked off into the distance, "They ain't getting any younger."

Sean smiled, "I'll be home in May, what if we have a big hog roast and invite all of your buddies and their families over and we could have a little conversation with them."

By this time Sean's grandmother had made her way to the shop and was listening to the conversation. She smiled, "Hog Roast and an old Barn Dance. We haven't had one of those around here in decades. I say it's worth a try."

Dave looked at his wife then his grandson, "What the hell, it's worth a try."

Sean reassured his grandfather, "We won't get all of them to agree, but if we get two or three that's leverage we have against Jennings."

The next day Sean headed back to Tech, enjoying the spring day. Driving through the mountains they day turned dark as the storm clouds rolled into the mountains. 6 miles from campus disaster struck as a car crossed the centerline causing Sean to swerve, he corrected but his tires got into the loose gravel and around he went, smacking hard into the guardrail. The truck's AirBags deployed as Sean felt the impact of the truck and immediately the airbags. The Jeep skidded to a halt after grinding down the guardrail a couple of hundred yards.

The emergency system dialed 911 as a truck driver came running up to the Jeep. Sean's head was ringing as he did a mental check of his body. He knew he was hurt, but he wasn't sure if he was injured. (There is a difference between hurt and injured). Sean moved his feet and his arms and knew that he was basically okay, though everything seemed to hurt at one time.

The truck driver was trying to open Sean's door without much luck. The windshield was cracked but not broken, and the passenger side was pinned against the guardrail. It took a few minutes for the State Trooper to arrive, soon after the fire department and ambulance. The rescue squad broke out the window and handed Sean a tarp to cover himself with as they pried the door open.

Sean just wanted a ride home but the rescue squad and troopers were insistent that he get checked out. He was sitting in the back of the ambulance when the Trooper brought Sean his phone. "Can you unlock this? Need to make sure you weren't distracted."

Sean unlocked his phone, his last text was an hour earlier. Sean looked at the Trooper, "Someone crossed the center line and I swerved to miss them."

The Trooper nodded, "I'll get your statement at the hospital. You may have to have blood drawn to make sure you aren't impaired."

Sean was frustrated, "Whatever, I need to make a call and you can tell her whatever you need to." Sean dialed Kayce and told her what had happened then handed the phone to the trooper. "She's the senior trainer at Tech, she will meet me at the hospital."

The Trooper took the phone and began to speak but was instead met with a wall or words from Kayce about who she was contacting and who would meet the ambulance at the hospital. The Trooper's eyes got big as he asked the squad, "She needs to know where you are taking him."

The medic who had started an IV, "Memorial, we should be there in 20 minutes once you are done."

The Trooper told Kayce where they were going and when they should be there. The phone disconnected and the Trooper looked at the phone then at Sean, she looked at Sean and shook her head, "Damn, you have a pitbull in your corner." She had Sean's license, registration and insurance on the tie tack she noticed Sean staring at her chest. "You can have these back at the hospital, just need to have all your info."

Sean nodded and leaned back on the cot, everything hurt. The ambulance ride was quick and uneventful. As they wheeled him into the ER he was met by a team of doctors. He didn't recognize any of them as they moved him into a room. They began to cut his clothes off and brought in a portable X Ray. They got pictures of his arms, his legs, and his torso. They took so many pictures he thought he was going to turn green from the radiation. His head wanted to make the "HULK SMASH" joke, but didn't think it was the right time.

As soon as the X Rays were done they sent him to get a CT of his head and his torso. When they wheeled him back to the room he was met by the team orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, and Kayce. She wanted to hug him but needed to keep her professional distance. He looked at her and she gently touched her nose ring, Sean tried to smile but his face hurt.

What he didn't realize is that the Airbag had broken his nose and his eyes were starting to turn black. There was substantial bruising from his seatbelt but no real injuries. Even his spleen remained intact from the seat belt trauma.

After a couple of hours of being checked from head to toe then from toe to head the University Team looked at him, the orthopedic surgeon said, "You are fortunate. You are going to hurt like hell for a couple of days." The Neuro doc added, "On Monday I want to see you in the facility to go through a protocol test, it's obvious you are concussed, so stay away from your phone, games, and bright lights until then."

The two docs excused themselves and left Sean with Kayce, "You look like hell 98."

Sean grumbled, "I feel like hell Kayce."

The trooper walked in and asked Kayce to step out. Kayce looked at Sean then at the Trooper, "Ma'am, if it's okay with Mr. Little I will stay. According to the neurosurgeon he is concussed and this probably isn't the best time for him to answer questions. If needed I will contact our attorney."

The Trooper shook her head, "If it's okay with him I am okay with you staying. Mr. Little was not impaired, the accident reconstruction team determined he wasn't speeding excessively, and he was not distracted. I only have one question."

Sean nodded and the Trooper went on, "Mr. Little, I watched a dash cam video from the truck driver following you. It appears to me that the car that crossed the centerline did so intentionally. Distracted would have been a less direct veering, losing control would have been more chaotic. It appears as if the driver aimed for you. Do you know anyone that drives a Silver Porsche?"

Sean shook his head, "Not that I can think of."

The Trooper handed Sean her card, "If anything comes to mind, call me."

Sean took her card, the Trooper gave the rest of Sean's papers to Kayce and whispered to her, "This looked very intentional, please have him call if he remembers anything. Could I have your number in case something comes up?" Kayce reached into her wallet and handed the trooper a business card.

They left the hospital and headed into town. Kayce looked at Sean, "Matt and Jen want you to come to their place for a few days."

Sean shook his head, "I just want to be in my bed. You heard the doctor's, I'm okay."

Kayce looked at him, "You look like shit Sean, you have a concussion. You WILL BE okay, but you are not okay."

Sean's stubbornness had not been washed away in the crash. "I want to go home, Kayce. I am not asking."

Kayce picked up her phone and called Courtney. She picked up on the first ring, "How is he? Is he okay? Where are you?" The young girl was almost hysterical. Kayce explained to her what was going on and how stubborn Sean was being. Finally, Courtney had heard enough, "Sean Little, you are NOT going home. You can come here, you can go to Mika's, you can go to Kayce's, you can go to your Coach's - but you are not going home with a concussion. Jase and Seth are home for the weekend. You are NOT going there by yourself."

Sean was still in a medicated fog, "Fine, you can come."

Courtney laughed, "No thank you. I can not imagine what that place looks like after you three had spring ball. I am not coming to clean for you while you lay in bed."