Second Chances

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just consider it a donation to cover your additional costs while were staying here. Okay," I said. "If it was anywhere else it would be costing me a whole lot more."

She went to say something, so I gave her my look before she spoke, "Just this once but not again. Got it."

I nodded my head in agreement just thankful that she had let me get away with one.

Chasity Walker came home to an empty house having survived a day where she had been treated like she was a disease. Both Michael and she were basically non gratis. Her husband and his lawyer were suing the whole dam firm. What she could not figure out was how her husband Clint had found a bitter ex-employee who would never have made a partner to represent him.

It wasn't the fact that the firm was being sued. It was the fact that Clint was using someone who was aware of all the tricks they would try to minimize the lawsuit before going forward. This had put the firm at a disadvantage from the start.

Finally, after making herself a rye and coke she sat down and read the divorce petition all the way through. It was then that she realized both her husband and daughter had known about their plans when they watched them drive away.

They had even known that they were registered as Mr. and Mrs. Clint had to see it for what it was now proving to be the end of their marriage. She without seeing it had sent a message to her husband and daughter that was now quite clear. Even if it wasn't the truth. For now, there was no way to repair the damage she had created. Her best defense would be to drag it out until Clint got over his anger. Maybe then they could talk it out.

Jake was right everything she would do right now would be seen as a lie because of how they all saw what she had done. For a bit of excitement and pleasure, it sure wasn't going to be worth the cost she was forcing all to face.

She went outside the front door to get the mail figuring that it could get no worse. Going through it to sort out the junk she found an envelope addressed to her from the county health. After opening the letter, she learned that I had tested positive for an STD. Chasity was being asked to come in to be tested.

Chasity sat down and started to cry. This was becoming a nightmare from hell for her. Over the last few years, there had been chance meeting on business trips, and it could have been one of the seven or eight that had given it to her. Clint would have told their children the results. Her family now would believe that she was nothing but a slut.

Michael Truscott was sitting at the counter in a dimly lit bar on the seeder side of town drowning his sorrow trying to figure out why his wife Louise had filed. She had forgiven him for all the others, what made this time so different.

He really wasn't paying attention to what was going on around him, so he didn't notice the man who took the stool beside him. From across the room came some loud voices which got everyone's attention. It quickly evolved into a fight.

Michael turned to look like everyone else and got hit, not once, twice, but three times very hard in the face. A voice from somewhere said I am a friend of Chasity's husband Clint. Every time I see you, I'm going to do this again. What gave you the right to ruin a good man's life. The only thing he could see through the blood and the pain was that it was one huge African American.

----------

I knew things had to come to a head with my oldest son Jake. It came Saturday afternoon while I was cleaning out a couple of the stalls in my dad's barn. Jake was quite headstrong and once he set his mind on something no one could change it.

He had been to see his mother that morning. Chasity was not handling it well and had spent a couple of hours crying on his shoulder. He decided the best thing for all concerned was that I take her back and we all get on with life as if it never happened. I knew that arguing with him would achieve nothing, so I let him rant about it until he had vented it all out.

"Jake if you were married," I said. "And found out your wife was sleeping with others would you follow the advice you have been giving me?"

He got awful quiet, so I added, "You come here telling me that it's good enough for me to be married to a slut who spreads her legs for anyone. One that does not have enough respect for herself to keep herself clean. That applies that in your eyes I'm nothing but a piece of shit that deserves to be walked over by everybody."

His face got white because he had never seen it that way. I was on a roll so I added, "If you can't respect who and what I am don't come back again."

I walked away and left him standing with a huge case of foot in mouth disease. He was young and foolish. Like I did when I was young, he was reacting without thinking it all out. Now he had to deal with my reaction.

Jake not really comprehending his own conduct went to talk to his uncle Charlie. After hearing what had happened, he told Jake that he reminded him of how stupid he had been at the age.

"Your mother chased me, Jake," Charlie said. "I fell for it and it cost me eighteen years of separation from my brother. You got to learn that there are always two sides to a story. Both sides expressing their emotions in everything they say concerning the situation. Your father is right your mother has an STD and she didn't get it from Michael. So, whoever she got it from she brought it home and shared it with your father."

"To me, that proves that she saw my brother as a worthless piece of shit," Charlies added. "After all he did for his family that was his ultimate reward. You tell him to accept that fact and live with it just enraged your father more."

"How you fix it is your problem, Jake," Charlie added. "But fix it you better because if you don't you may have lost your father forever. Our dad always said you give a person who has harmed you one chance if they do it again, they're done. Your mother used her chance with me. Sad that by her conduct she has shown that she had never learned."

-------

It was a glorious day Monday morning at the firm where Chasity and Michael worked because my lawyer had withdrawn my lawsuit against the firm. Both of them had returned to good standings. All-day they were praised for the outstanding settlement they had brought for their clients and the revenue they had made

Michael Truscott looked a mess, but he had made it work. He had two huge black eyes and a cut over his left eyebrow. In a private moment, he had gone into Chasity's office to tell her what happened and what was said. As a result, Chasity was standing by my car when I left the nursing home that day.

She looked tired and worn down to me as I walked out to face her. I had to be very careful about what I did or said.

"Call your dog's off," Chasity said. "Michael has enough of his own problems to deal with right now. He doesn't need to be looking over his shoulder because of your need for revenge."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said honestly.

"He got jumped, he's got two black eyes and cut above his eyebrow," Chasity said. "The man said he was a friend of yours and every time he sees him, he's going to do again."

I started to laugh. I thought it was some of the best news I had received in weeks.

After settling down I said, "If I knew who it was, believe me, I would buy the man a Texas Mickey. I think your lover got off easy. If I was behind it, he would be dead."

Just then I received a text message. I looked at it to find it was Louise. It read come to my place as soon as you can its important. I had just read it when another one giving her address came in. I texted back on my way.

"I've never seen you so cold or hard," Chasity said. "It doesn't have to be this way."

"Says the slut to the piece of shit," I replied as I started to unlock my car. "Giving me an STD because of your refusal to keep yourself clean kind of says it all. Hire your f—king lawyer and let's get the divorce done."

I climbed into my car started it and drove away leaving her there. I was done with her lies and view of morality for good.

Louise was at the door as soon as I pulled in. It was obvious that she was very upset.

"What's wrong," I asked as I approached the front door. "Is there anything I can do to help resolve it."

"A friend of my Dad got his cousin to beat up Michael," Louise said. "And used your name to send a message."

I guess the huge smile on my face said a lot. The relief that showed on her face came quickly.

"You're not angry or worried," She said in a relieved way?

"Not at all. I just would like to know where he lives so I can send a Texas Mickey as a thank you," I said.

Automatically I pulled her into my arms and just held her a moment. Louise didn't resist. Reluctantly I let her go. I went to apologize but she stopped with a peck on the cheek.

"They're both inside and want to straighten it out with you," Louise said as she took my hand.

We held hands as she leads me towards the kitchen. I saw her daughters peeking out from one of the bedrooms, so I gave them a wink with a smile. They returned my gesture in the same manner.

Louise's father was a little younger than mine. But I treated him in a respectful manner. When I saw the huge African American man, I broke out in a smile.

"If you were of legal age, "I said. "I'd be sending you a Texas Mickey to thank you."

With that, I offered my hand in friendship and he accepted it then added, "Next time you decide to do something stupid ask yourself if it's worth going to jail for. My father told me that when I was your age and it kept me out of a lot of trouble."

With the ice broken proper introductions were made and it wasn't long until her father said he better get the young man home. That left Louise and me with her two kids.

Her two daughters came out and introduced themselves. Livia was ten years old and Lori was the eight-year-old. I asked them what their favorite restaurant was. They told me it was an all you could east pizza place called Zizzi's.

I got down on one knee and said, "Would you young ladies allow me to take you and your mother out there for supper?"

It must of being the monkey suit without the tie because they both said yes.

I said, "Well there's one thing I have to do before we can go."

"What's that," The girls said.

"I have to call my mother and let her know I won't be home for supper." They thought that was funny and giggled about it until we got there.

Louise and I walked into Zizzi's with the girls running ahead of us. We were sitting down eating when one of her co-workers saw her. When Louise went up to get some more pizza her co-worker stopped to talk to her.

"Are you my mother's boyfriend," Livia asked?"

"I'm a boy and I am her friend," I said not knowing where she was headed.

"Have you gone out on a date," Livia asked again with a bit more directness?

"I haven't asked her yet," I replied, "But I would have to have someone else's permission before I would ask her."

"Who's," Lori asked?

"Yours and your sisters," I said.

The girls giggled before blurting out together, "You got it because Mom already says she likes you."

When Louise returned to our table, she caught the three of us giggling and laughing like we were old friends. I said I was going to get some more, and Lori said I'm coming with you so off we went. Lori decided she was ready for dessert and I placed what she wanted on her plate. I figured she would head back to the table, but she waited till I had loaded up.

Once we got back to their place, I escorted the three ladies to their front door. While Louise unlocked the front door, I got down to her daughter's level and thanked them for joining me for dinner. Once the door was open the girls ran in to get ready for bed. That's when I decided to say good night.

Since I was extremely rusty at dating, I decided it was best that I just say good night. So, after doing that I got ready to leave.

"Come back here Clint," Louise said.

So, I turned around on the step, so we were basically faced to face. Louise leaned in and kissed me on the lips. I kissed her back.

"My daughter said you were going to ask me out on our first date," Louise said. "Was Livia wrong?"

Louise had caught me flat-footed, so I ended up explaining what had happened while she was talking to her co-worker. Louise and I then sat on the front step like teenagers talking it out. It took us a while for both of us to admit that we were interested but we were both concerned because of what we were dealing with. Since it was almost the end of September, we decided to take the girls to the City Fair the following Saturday then decided what to do from then.

It was almost ten by the time I pulled into the parents' farm. I went into the house to discover everyone was still up. Julie caught my good mood as soon as I came through the door.

"Dads got a big shit-ass grin on his face, "Julie said. "It must have been quite an important appointment for him to be this happy."

I had to explain to my parents and my daughter the events of my day after I had left for work for the day. My dad thought it was a hoot that Chasity had asked me to leave Michael alone when because he had too much to deal with.

-------

On Friday my lawyer had the firm served with the new lawsuit. It named four senior partners, and sixteen female victims and me suing them jointly. She had copies of the lawsuit delivered to the senior partners' homes. Three of the senior partners were told by their spouses not to bother coming home.

Brenda Ferguson kept up her campaign of calling Chasity to ask for her divorce lawyer's name daily. My mother had the email address of many of Chasity's extended family. That night before I had got back to the farm, she sent every one of them a copy of Chasity and Michael being served. In-text saying this was not the first lover she had had on those so-called business trips. It was the first time she had got caught. Clint tested positive for an STD.

I was up getting ready to go pick up Louise and the kids when Julie said, "You really like Louise, don't you?"

"Julie, sad fact of life that since the divorce started," I said, "A lot of the friends that both your mother and I have had for years have disappeared."

"Louise and I have been drawn together by a common bond," I said. "Because of that developing trust in each other has been easy. It's too early to say where our relationship is going but I am open to it"

"Dad, if you need tips on the dating scene don't be afraid to ask," Julie said with a grin "Just promise me that you will introduce us to her before it gets too serious"

-------

It seems that Louise was scared of heights. So, I spent about an hour with her daughters on the Ferris Wheel. At their age, it was the favorite ride. We were playing it by ear and just taking it all in. The four of us had wandered over to the food area. The kids had decided they were hungry. Lori was riding my shoulders because she was feeling a bit tired.

We were in the food line up when my brother Charles, and his wife found us with their youngest two. The older two were off with their friends. Introductions were made. Mary and Louise took an instant liking to each other. Once I got Lori off my shoulder we sat down to eat.

The four kids had someone about their age to do things with. Us adults just had to follow them around. With the cost of rides at fairs these days it wasn't long till I had dropped a couple of hundred.

Mary and Charles decided they were going to have a family get together on Sunday. They invited Louise and her kids. Louise said she would love to attend but her daughters were spending the day with their father for the first time since he went to New York. By around six there were four very tired kids.

Louise had just got her daughters bathed and off to bed when she received a phone call from Michael. He wouldn't be picking up the kids on Sunday. He was in the emergency ward getting patched up. It seems he got jumped again.

Louise told him it could not have been Chasity's husband behind it because he has been at the fair all day with me and the kids. Michael was not impressed with that. I called my brother to let him know the kids would becoming. I left her place at about nine reluctantly because we had decided that we were going to start dating.

----------

I picked the new ladies in my life at two on Sunday and headed over to my brother's place. Julie and her current interest were already there. So, were my mom and dad. All of Charlie's tribe was there. My two oldest were the last to show up. Let's be honest with my brother it was a big deal. For the first time in his married life, I was at his house.

Mary took great joy introducing Louise and her two daughters to everyone. It didn't take long for them to be accepted. It got interesting for me when my oldest said dad we have to talk. We walked over to the edge of Charles's property.

"Dad, I blew it," Jake said. "I allowed my mother's manipulations to get to me. She had me worked up when I came over to see you last week. Uncle Charles and a few of my coworkers set me straight."

"The lesson learned is," I asked?

"When it comes to family first of all," Jake said. "It's best to stay out of it because no matter what you do you end up making it worse. You have to let them work it out in their time, not yours."

"You're right but that's the hardest thing we do because we care so much," I said. "Your mother and I will someday be able to speak to each other, but that day is far off because of what her conduct showed."

"Conduct," Jake said?

"Yes, conduct because it is the only thing that cannot be argued or explained," I said. "Look at Louise she stayed in a loveless marriage until she thought she could raise her daughters on her own. She chose endurance until for her the timing was right. Her conduct says more about her character than anything else."

"Your mother's conduct blindsided your sister and me because of the brutal way she did it," I said. "Regardless of what she says with her voice her conduct makes most of what she says a lie."

"One of the things your grandfather taught us when we were young," I said. "Was if I am not worth being honest too, then you're not worth lying about."

"Dad the question has to be asked." Jake said sadly "What else was she lying about?"

"That's one question that will never be answered," I said. "No use wasting time looking back son. All we can do is learn from it and move forward."

"I like what I see so far in Louise, dad," My eldest said. "But the more I learn about Michael and Mom I think they deserve each other."

Julie walked over to us and said, "Your private chat is starting to get noticed. Perhaps you should leave the rest until later"

We're done Sis," Jake said. "I just had to apologize to dad."

Jake left us and Julie said," What was that all about?"

"A bad case of foot in mouth disease," I explained. "It's nice to see he had the smarts to admit it."

Charles and Mary had gone over the top with the meal they had made. Mary took quite a few pictures of us together. Everybody got a kick out of Lori who kept on checking on me. When the kids got into a water gun fight, I joined in. Of course, it ended with four against one and I was soaked to the bone before they were tired of it.

I was sitting in a lawn chair drying out when Lori crawled into my lap and fell asleep. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Mary and Louise talking about the budding relationship I had with her daughters.

My Dad sat down beside and said, "That little girl has claimed you already. Tread carefully. Make sure that you're not getting involved to get revenge on Michael."

So, I told him about our relationship from the day Louise first called me until now.