Seeking Eternity Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cassandra went home last night to learn that Raine and Nicholas had been going at it, and although it filled her with worry, she let it go, intending to talk to Collbreed before she left this morning. But they were on it again before she even woke up, much to Cassandra's consternation. If only Collbreed was not the alpha...

Walking out of the building, she was caught by surprise by the unmistakable scent of a vampire. Before she could react, Cassandra felt a hand close around her neck as she was shoved hard against the wall.

"What have you done?"

Ashford Hayes-Crowe glared at her with menacing red eyes. Cassandra called forth her wolf, struggling to free herself from the vampire's hold. But Hayes-Crowe's grip was iron and the look in his eyes was deadly.

"I gave you a chance to know her, and this is how you repay me?" he growled, slamming her against the wall once more.

Cassandra managed to speak even as he slowly tightened his hold around her neck. "Go on. Kill me. Let's see how you'll face her again when she finds out that you murdered her family."

The vampire let out a growl of displeasure before he flung her away. Cassandra was able to find her footing before she hit the wall of the nearby building. She glared at the vampire with amber eyes, ready to fully transform into a wolf if he attempted to attack her again.

"I thought the Ambercrest respect territory," the vampire said as he stalked toward her. "Why would anyone lay a hand on her?"

Cassandra glared at him, meeting him toe to toe. "Do not speak to me about respecting one's territory! You are in Ambercrest lands, and you summon your children without informing us?"

Hayes-Crowe glared back. With his face inches away from hers, Cassandra could see the murderous rage that he was still trying to hold back.

"I have nothing to explain to you," he hissed. "We took Johanna from you, and you took Iulius from us. That debt has been paid a thousand times over. But now you take what is mine, and if you don't give her back, you will rue the day that you crossed paths with me and mine."

With the warning hanging in the air between them, the vampire was gone as quickly as he had come. Cassandra spat blood as she stroked her neck. She had come so close to dying tonight.

Growling low as she held her wolf back, Cassandra knew that she had lost an ally. With the vampires so close and the Council closing in, she dearly hoped that Collbreed knew what he was doing.

~~~~~~~

The muses have been quite generous lately, and I hope that you will enjoy the results. To those of you who continue to follow the story and encourage me to write more, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Much love, SF.