Serendipity 24: Family Ties, Pt. 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could see Caleen thinking about this, but just for a moment. She threw her arms around me and hugged me and said, "I think it's beautiful -- I'm so glad that you and Mom and Dad were able to have that together. I guess I'm happy for all of you, that you loved each other so much."

I don't think I was afraid that Caleen would be upset by this revelation or, god forbid, maybe even hate us. But I guess I was relieved -- and happy -- that she reacted this way. I asked, "You said you and Eddie had talked about that time. I imagine you'll tell him what we've talked about? How will he feel about the three of us being together?"

She replied, without a moment's hesitation, "I know he'll feel the same way I do -- that it's beautiful that the three of you loved each other."

I added, "And I guess that means that Shana will find out, too? How do you think she'll feel?"

Caleen, with a laugh, responded, "You know Shane -- she'll think it's cool!"

* * * * * * * *

Let me tell you a bit about us now.

Caleen is at the University, pursuing master's degrees in both actuarial science and applied mathematics. Because the college is 40 miles away, daily commuting isn't practical, so she has a room on campus. On the weekends when she's too busy to come home, Paul drives in and stays with her And they're beautiful together. Even though for years we all thought it was inevitable, we're so happy that things have worked out this way for them.

Paul is taking courses at the college, courses with names like "data analytics" (whatever the heck that is) and "user experience design" (at least I think I've got an idea of what that is). He often goes in to work with his dad and Ben, and he's learning about the practicalities of managing projects and how to work with customers ("clients," I'm told they're called). I don't know if he's planning on enrolling in college full-time or if he's going to move straight into Matt's business. After a while, I suspect that Matt will begin cutting back and easing himself out, leaving more and more of the business to Ben (Ben's now a partner) and to his son.

Shana graduated high school a year ago, and she and Eddie are both enrolled in State for the fall semester. They rent an apartment near campus, and it looks like they're going to be following through with the plans they've had for ... what? ... years? Or maybe longer, for all we know. And although we've never talked about things this far in the future, I'm pretty sure that marriage is out for them, for obvious legal reasons. However, maybe they'll be able to get "domestic partnership" status, and that would make it easier to adopt, if things ever come to that.

And Shana and Eddie are still a team. They just matter-of-factly live their lives, working -- and everything else -- together, without any drama. Theirs isn't some kind of grand romance or "great love affair" -- just their quiet, total dedication to each other. And, who knows -- maybe that's the greatest romance of all.

Me? I'm still the same -- to me, at least. Yes, time and gravity have done their work. The thighs a little thicker, the tummy a little softer, and the breasts a little lower. My ass still looks great in a skirt, but without the skirt, it's a bit larger and not as firm. I've been fortunate that my face has held up pretty well. There are still the fine lines on my upper lip, and those damned wrinkles that began appearing on my neck some years back -- and there's absolutely nothing that can be done about them. My hair ... well, a full head of my natural auburn hair would look ... "improbable" in a woman my age, so my hairdresser and I have agreed that my "natural" color, plus a tasteful number of silver-gray streaks, is the way to go.

And Ted? Ted still looks like Ted -- a little thickening around the waist, a little more flesh along the jaw line, and the skin on his neck isn't as taut as it used to be. His brown hair is less brown and more "sandy," and it's shot through with flecks of gray; and he wears his gold wire-rimmed glasses most of the time now.

And he's still gorgeous.

And we still fuck like bunnies. Okay, older bunnies, but ...

And we're still crazy about each other.

I look around us, at our family -- at Caleen -- and now, Paul -- and Eddie and Shana, and at my amazing granddaughter and her beautiful husband, Matt, and at my darling James, who, in Mai, has finally found a soulmate. And at Janey, and Ben and Christiana,

... and I realize,

I'm the luckiest woman in the world.

* * * * * * * * *

I remember reading an old Mother Jones magazine containing a number of articles debating the relevance of marriage in today's world. And one line in particular struck me, and it's stayed with me all these years: "The best defense in a basically hostile world is still best friends who fuck."

I don't know about you, but ... works for me.

* * * * * * * * *

To Our Readers --

Our thanks to all of you who have continued to follow our lives. Perhaps you have even seen a part of your own lives in ours. In any case, we hope you feel rewarded for your efforts.

Janey, Lauren, Paul, Georgia, Candace, Ted, Ben, and Mai hope you enjoyed out story.

− Matt