Servant of War Pt. 01

Story Info
A raven from Winterfell.
7.1k words
4.08
3.5k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Introduction

This story plays off in the fictional world of George RR Martin's Game of thrones. I hold no rights to his work and only use the backdrop of his world as a status for my imagination.

Chapter One

"Try not to splash so much water out, when you pour it in, Khalib." Barry said.

"Sorry..." I replied as I placed the still warm bucket next to me on the stone floor.

We still had two trips to do before Lord Hornwood's bath was full. I took the last two large wooden buckets around each hand and wrapped them tightly around my bare skin. The cold didn't bother me so much anymore. I think you can get used to anything up here in the North.

"Careful not to drop them. I don't want another scolding from the Maester." Barry whispered behind me with the other buckets.

We made our way down the stairs from the northern tower. Hornwood castle only had two towers and not nearly as large as some of the other castles, such as Winterfell or The Dreadford. We reached the bottom of the winding staircase and made way for the guard to pass us. I don't think he even registered we were there. Guards don't tend to pay much attention to servants.

"Bring me a cup of wine and something to eat."

We both jumped as Lord Hornwood's only son, Rion, spoke behind us. He appeared from the landing door going outside. Covered in snow, he must have returned from his ride.

"Yes, my Lord." I quickly replied and rushed past Barry towards the kitchens, leaving Barry to fetch the rest of the water alone.

Rion was young, proud, short blond haired, well build and barely eighteen years of age and thinks himself the sole ruler of House Hornwood. His father Lord Barrus Hornwood was old and left most of the care of Hornwood castle to his son and heir.

About a minute later I was back in the main hall with the food and drink for Lord Rion.

"Place it on the table." He gestured whilst removing his boots and placing both feet on the long wooden table.

"What a ride! A man could ride through these woods every day and still feel you haven't seen all the beauty of the North."

He grabbed the wine goblet and chugged down every drop.

"My Lord Rion. A raven from Winterfell." Maester Harrick announced as he entered the hall from the south doors, leading towards the elderly Maester's chambers.

"Ah, Maester! I shall take it up with me." Rion replied as he smacked the goblet hard on the table.

"My lord, this has the seal of Lord Stark and should be only opened by your father, the Lord of Hornwood." The Maester said and bowed a little.

"Not to worry old man, but I'll open it and relay the message." Lord Rion said and took the scroll from the Maester.

"As you command my Lord."

I was just about to reach the back towards the kitchens, when Lord Rion's voice broke behind me again.

"Bring this to my room." He pointed towards the plate of food. "And refill the wine."

I bowed and turned so he could pass me as he walked past me towards the northern tower.

I grabbed the plate of food and cup, walked towards the kitchen and do as I was commanded. The kitchen had a large hearth in the middle with a roaring fire in it, making sure the warmth spread everywhere in the large room. A few young girls were sitting and peeling some vegetables as I walked in.

"Did you finish with Lord Rion's bath water Khalib?"

It was Magdha. She was the very large and strong-willed kitchen lady. Everyone did as she said and was the head of the kitchen staff.

"Yes mam. I must take food and drink to his Lordship's room now." I replied as I placed the goblet on the table to fetch more wine.

"Get on with it then. Don't want to keep the young Lord waiting." She said and turned towards the large pot over the fire again.

I grabbed the now full cup, with the plate of food and quickly made my way back up towards the northern tower again. A few minutes later I was at Lord Rion's room and knocked.

"Enter."

I opened the door and moved towards the small table in the middle of the room.

"Ah, its you. Please help me with this fucking belt. I can't unhook the strap." Lord Rion pointed in frustration towards the large copper belt around his waist. He was no longer wearing his shirt and was nearly in the nude, except for the black leather pants he was still wearing.

I walked towards him and immediately started to pull on the hem of the pants to lift the tensioner of the copper plate.

"It appears to be stuck my Lord." I said as I tried to pull more of it away.

"Yes, I know! It's a piece of crap! Just rip the fucking thing. If it tears, then it tears." He said and grabbed on to his pants, so I could pull hard on the copper plate.

With a quick hard pull, the copper broke and torn away from the leather.

"Finally!" he said and with a hard pull, ripped the leather straps that keeps his pants closed in the front. His thick uncut cock fell out with a flop, and he started to pull the pants off from his legs.

I was still standing in front of him and looking at the large golden blonde bush of pubic hair when my thoughts brought me back to my senses and quickly bowed myself away, blushing.

"I hope the water is warm." Lord Rion said now completely naked and walked towards the wooden tub that was lightly steaming. Barry must have finished filling it a few minutes ago.

"It should be warm my Lord." I bowed again to show myself out, but it seems Lord Rion didn't catch the hint of me wanting to leave.

"Bring me the scroll the Maester gave me." He pointed towards the brown scroll with the black wolf crest of Lord Brandon Stark, Warden of the North.

I quickly grabbed it if the round wooden desk and walked towards the wooden bath. I held out my hand for Lord Rion to take it.

He was now entirely submerged, with only his slightly bearded face still showing. He adjusted his body more comfortably and I could see his flaccid cock touching the water surface as he moved.

"My hands are wet, can you read it to me or are you also one of the uneducated ones we have working here?" he asked and was now resting his head backwards, his eyes closed.

My eyes kept glancing toward his large cock, floating in the water. It wasn't right of me to look at my Lord's son so exposed. I reminded myself of my place and pulled the piece of parchment open.

"I Brandon Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, hereby call all my banners to Winterfell immediately."

I quickly read out loud.

A splash of water next to me made me jump. Rion was standing upright and grabbed the scroll from my hand.

Water was dripping from his entire body, gleaming in the light, I could just make out the formed stomach muscles under a small patch of blond hair from his thick bush around his cock, towards his navel.

"Go! Call the captain of the guard and tell him to meet me in my father's bedroom."

Rion was now getting out of the bathtub, and I quickly bowed again and left the room. Why was Lord Stark calling his banners I thought to myself. We were not at war and the Starks were on good terms with Lord Bolton, who has in the past revolted against the Starks.

I rushed downstairs to find Ser Morgen to inform him.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Barry asked as I passed him in the hall. He was carrying a large pot, filled with stew.

"I need to find Ser Morgen." I quickly replied and not looking back.

I reached the two large wooden doors leading outside and quickly pulled the left one open. A cold brush of air hit my warm face and I instinctively pulled the fur around my body tighter. I was in luck; I closed the door behind me to run towards the stables and saw captain of the guard Ser Morgen walking towards the castle hall.

"Good evening, Ser. Lord Rion wishes to speak to you immediately. He said to meet him in Lord Hornwood's bedroom." I spoke fast and bowed.

"Understood!" He nodded and walked past me into the large hall.

I watched him rush past the tables and walked towards the southern tower. Barry was walking back towards the kitchen and rushed over to meet him.

"You have no idea what's about to happen!" I said as I grabbed him by the arm to pull him behind the cupboard.

I told him and his mouth was left hanging open.

"I think you are taking the piss! Why would Lord Stark call the banners? There is no war." Barry said and eyed me suspiciously.

"I swear by the Old Gods. I read the scroll myself to Lord Rion." I whispered.

"Well, I'm sure we will find out soon enough. The news will spread, and we will have loads of work to do before the men leave for Winterfell."

"Yeah, I guess..." I replied. We both made our way back towards the kitchens to help with dinner for the rest of the servants and staff.

By late that night, the news has spread. Hornwood has heeded the call and the banners will fly high towards Winterfell. It was only the next morning that the news had spread of the death of Lord Barrus Hornwood during the night. Lord Hornwood has been sick for a while and the news of a possible war, must have been too much for his already frail heart.

Rion Hornwood was now Lord Rion of The Hornwood and the ruler of Hornwood castle and her lands. He arrived the day after his father's death in the great hall, completely dressed in black.

He took oaths of fealty from his knights and servants that day and vowed to restore the house of Hornwood to its former glory. By the following day, most of the vassal House had assembled her men and were ready for the march to Winterfell.

Chapter Two

"I am making you my squire for the duration of our stay and march to Winterfell." Lord Rion said to me the night before we left.

"You honor me my Lord!" I immediately fell on my right knee in front of him.

"I am sure you will do well, and I admire something about you. You said your name is Khalib, right?" He gestured for me to stand again.

"Yes, my Lord."

"Good. Finish up preparations. We leave at first light."

I walked out his bedroom to go down and continue with packing provisions. It will take almost a week of hard riding to reach Winterfell. I reached the kitchens as Barry was putting loafs of bread in paper wrapping.

"What did Lord Hornwood want?" He asked as he saw me walking in.

"He made me his personal squire and servant."

It went quiet in the kitchens. Everyone looked at Khalib.

"Your joking?! Really?" Barry asked in shock.

"No, I'm not. His Lordship said he admired something about me." I replied sheepishly.

I was in shock myself. I was only a year older that Lord Rion. My mother died during my birth and my father was a stone mason who worked on the castle and her walls. I was never really expected to achieve anything or do something spectacular in my life. I always kept to myself and have always seen myself as average. Barry, the cook's son, was a couple of years older than me, but slightly overweight, compared to the muscular slim build of my own body. I stared in my own reflection of the pot of water in front of me. My dark brown eyes and dark hair made me look a little older than I was. Maybe his Lordship made a mistake? I can't even fight. Why choose me?

I snapped out of thought and continued helping in the busy kitchen. People were moving past me and chatted away feverishly. There was a slight foreboding in the air. Nobody wanted to go to war. The rebellion of Lord Bolton and twelve years ago, already took its share of men in blood. The Bolton's have always been known as the "Bane of the North".

I didn't sleep much that night. My mind was racing through all kinds of ordeals and nightmares, each as scary and bloody as the next one. I had no idea what the future will bring. I woke up early and already fully packed for the long march. Barry shared the small room behind the kitchens with me and he was already up and out to help feed the men who will be riding out with Lord Rion. I finished up and went to the kitchens to get warm water for his Lordship.

A few minutes later I was knocking on Lord Rion's bedroom door.

"My Lord, it's me, Khalib." No response from the room.

I slowly opened the door and saw his Lordship in bed, half covered with his now fully erect penis, standing straight up in the air. He had such an impressive set off balls, with light blond hair around each one. I knew I had to wake him, as the men were getting ready, but this was my first time waking him, I wasn't sure how to do it. I slowly entered the still dark room, careful to not make any sound. I made my way next to his bed. His fair skinned body visible in the pale light. I reached next to his bed, desire to touch him was burning inside me like a smoldering hearth. I knew I was aroused by the sigh of nude men, but I have never acted upon my desires before.

I can't risk something like this. Touching my Lord in his sleep, he will have me hanged. I peered down his body as I stood next to him. I reach out my left hand and slowly reached for his impressively thick cock. I could feel the warmth from him as my hand got closer. My own heart racing in my chest. He made a soft moan sound, and it spooked me to my core. "What was I doing?!" I thought to myself.

"My Lord, we have to get ready." I spoke loudly and next to him.

"Oh. Sorry Khalib. Apologies for my nudeness" He replied after quickly pulling the thick fur over his still hard cock.

"Not at all my Lord. I have brought some warm water with me." I bowed and gestured to the steaming bowl of water.

"Thank you." He said and pulled himself upright.

I bowed again and walked out the room to let him get dressed in privacy. After a few minutes he called me back in again. He was wearing brown leather pants and had a white shirt on. I could still see the large outline of his dick.

"Please go and ready my horse. We have a long and harsh march ahead of us."

"My lord." I bowed my head and closed the door again.

The scurry of people outside, was impressive. Knights and squires were seen running around, fetching, grabbing, hoisting and checking everything from food, gear and swords. I had the stable boys bring me Lord Rion's horse and they helped me attach the seat and straps. By the time I have finished checking the last straps on the right side, Lord Rion has entered the courtyard. Snow was falling in a slight flurry and the sun was just visible in the east.

"Men! Today we ride to Winterfell! Lord Stark has called his banners and we are sworn to heed the call! Let us keep my father's memory as we ride in honor of him!"

Loud cheers greeted his words as the men hoisted their horses. I quickly made my way to the back, where my own horse waited for me. I was packed and ready to go and had already said my goodbyes to my father the night before. He was proud of me being Lord Hornwood's squire. I pulled myself on my horse and made sure my bag was attached and tethered. Barry stopped next to me on his pale white horse. Snow was already accumulating on his head.

"We can ride together." He said as he looked on me.

"I didn't know you were coming with. Where is your father?" I asked looking past him as if to see him.

"My father is no longer able to take these long trips. I will be going in his place as the cook." Barry replied smiling.

He has always wanted to leave Hornwood Castle, but never had the opportunity. Being the son of the cook, meant you spend your days inside, helping in the kitchens. I only ever once left Hornwood to ride with my father to Moat Cailin. It was a long ride, and the work was hard when we got there. I've always wanted to see Winterfell of course, the largest of all the castles in the north. Built over a hot spring, it is said that even during the coldest of winters, the inside of the castle is always warm.

We rode for nearly two days straight, before Lord Rion gave the call for the men to stop. The horses were tired, and the men needed rest. It was like a beehive of men and horses in all directions as we made provisions and build camp. I was in the front, directing some young boys on how to erect Lord Hornwood's tent, when a voice next to me jumped.

"Make sure your tent is close-by Khalib. I might need you at any moment and I don't want to wait or search for you." Lord Hornwood said as he tapped me on the back and moved on.

"Yes, my Lord!" I replied over the loud noises of all the men as they each build tents and create fires.

The cold was setting in quickly and there was only an hour of sunlight yet. It only dawned on me then, that I forgot to build my own tent and was now scrambling to find the materials and tools for myself. After thirty minutes of begging and trying to get someone to help me, I realized it would be in vain as I don't have a spot next to his Lordship's tent. I had only one choice left. Sleep next to the fire close by Lord Hornwood's tent.

By the time everyone had eaten, Lord Rion was having a meeting with his advisors and top knights about the ride forward and reaching Winterfell. News about an attack on the Umber's at Last Hearth reach us. The raven didn't say what attacked, but only said that there was an attack. Wildlings have been known to climb the wall and attack the lands to the south. Mostly small villages and farmers. The Knights Watch have always been an honor and the men serving were a brotherhood of knights, thieves, murderers and rapists. Once you take the black, all your past misdeeds are forgotten.

The attack on the Umber's was alarming though, as The Last Hearth is a large castle up in the north. The wildlings would and have never attacked something as large as a fortified castle before. Something was definitely afoot in the North, and it made the men weary.

Most of the men have already retreated to their own tents by the time Lord Rion's council left the main tent. I stood up from the large fire not too far away and made my way through the cold.

"May I enter my Lord?" I called from the opening.

"Yes."

Lord Rion was busy getting undressed next to his feather bed with a large selection of thick furs waiting for him.

"Can I help you, my Lord?" I quickly asked as I made my way over towards him and placing a warm pot of water on the table.

He nodded and I immediately started removing the cuffs on each side of his arm.

"How are you feeling Khalib?" He asked as he watched me unstrap his shoulder plates.

"I am feeling a little nervous my Lord..." I said as I moved my way towards the other shoulder.

"I know what you are feeling, I must be honest, I am nervous myself. I think I'm the youngest Lord in command currently in the North. Lord Stark is my father's age, so everyone would be my senior."

"The men trust you my Lord and will follow you wherever you go." I said with some dignity and respect in my voice.

Lord Rion just stared at me and said nothing further. A few minutes later I was finished, and he was nearly naked in front of me again. I picked up the pot of hot water again he gestured for me to place it on the floor.

"I'll leave you then. Goodnight my Lord."

"Khalib, wait..."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. "Yes, my Lord?"

"Can you maybe help me wash?" He asked without looking at me. "I'm sorry, but it seems the long ride has worn me out more than I would care to admit."

"Of course, my Lord. I would gladly assist, and I understand." I said as I walked toward him.

He was still wearing the thick leather pants. He turned his muscular body towards me, and I started removing the straps in the front to pull the pants down. His thick golden bush of hair around his thick cock came into view and I turned my gaze down towards his feet as he lifted each one up so I could pull the strong leather of from each one. I pulled the pot of warm water closer, and he placed both his feet in the water and stood upright.

"Mmmmm, that feels amazing. I thought my toes were going to fall off at one point." He said with his head tilted backwards.

12