Settling Snow

Story Info
Two primal forces move in and celebrate.
10.8k words
4.11
6.9k
6
0

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 09/02/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigthrow
bigthrow
109 Followers

"Mr. Stanton," said Mr. Auk, "I know I have voiced my concerns over your... tenants before, but I believe that this situation is somewhat unusual of a man with your stature."

Harrold Stanton sighed and took his feet off the table. His breakfast would apparently have to wait and that was a shame. Mrs. Grebe had made that spiced porridge today, with some rather nice venison sausage on the side. There was even a cup of coffee steaming on the tray. Probably a gift from Taswell and Bangladesh.

"Are they eating through the larder?" he asked.

"No, sir, but-"

"Have they damaged the house?"

"No, sir, but-"

"Then they are fine. Hell, they probably could cause some damage to the house. Give us an excuse to remodel the west wing a little. No idea what my brother was thinking. Lauran walls with bay windows. Travesty really."

"Sir the windows were a gift from Sir Liensis. Those should stay up, in my humble opinion."

"Peter," said Harrold, "In your humble opinion, you want to throw out a pregnant woman and her husband to the bitter cold of a Dunkleshire winter on the basis that their conduct is a little odd. I know that they keep odd hours and have rearranged their quarters. I know that they perhaps wear less clothing than you and most of the other staff would consider appropriate. Oddly enough, the maids have not complained. I wonder why. But regardless of all that, those two are dear friends of mine and I will not have them winter out in their home when a baby is coming. It was a fight to get them to even consider coming in, and I refuse to fight to keep them in. Have you sent the invitations?"

"Yes sir, they were sent through the post yesterday. However, we still do not have a tree."

"Tell you what. Have Gregor go fetch one from the pine yard. I bet he's getting a little stir crazy. Have Lina tag along if she's up to it. How have her studies been going, by the way?"

"You'll have to ask Ms. Cassowary for that information. I have not seen to update myself with their educational progress."

"Well then, I guess I'll go find her. After I finish my breakfast. If there's nothing else, then you are dismissed."

"Sir."

Mr. Auk bowed and Harrold turned his attention back to his food. No longer steaming, but it was still warm. Something to cut the cold of the house, of the drifting snow outside the glass. The fire helped as well, crackling and smoldering in the proper place. The chimneys would also probably need to be cleaned before the party. But that could wait a little while longer.

The porridge was good, just the right blend of sweet and spice, something similar to what he had back on the ship. Not quite the same, it still missed that odd tang from the essence of the sea. But it worked. And he wasn't on the sea anymore, no more sudden squalls and constant rocking, no more crying gulls at all hours. He was on solid land, lounging in thick cotton pajamas, furry slippers on, slowly starting his day as he saw fit. He had land. He had a house. He had a company that more or less ran itself and gave him money because his family name was on some registry in the archives. It worked. And now he spread the comfort and luxury as much as he could. Parties, feasts, roads, schools, whatever he fancied, with a nice reserve to keep him in coffee and rum and fur lined slippers. He finished breakfast, plate clean and mug empty as he stared into the flames.

They would be coming today. The suitors, the women in fancy dress and caked on makeup, smelling of flowers and perfume, to sing sweetly into his ear. He didn't like them, not really, the porcelain doll things that had been wound up by their fathers or their uncles or their brothers or their mothers or themselves. A single nudge and they shattered into a million pieces. And he was supposed to have one live with him, share a bed with him and produce someone else with his name at the end.

Not their fault, surely, not by a long shot, but he still didn't want them in any close proximity. He simply had no interest in the masquerade. They bored him. It was as plain as that. And he had to pretend they didn't when all he wanted to do was at the bottom of a bottle and an afternoon spent staring down the barrel of a gun. A little grim phrasing always brought a quirk to his lips.

They never understood it, the porcelain dolls with snow white skin and hair combed and shiny. Some of them had never even shot a gun, never had the smell of the spark enter their nose and sharpen the senses. A person has not lived until they fired a gun. That was a simple fact. Gregor and Lina had not fired a gun, to his knowledge, but they were exceptions more than the rule. They had lived more than enough for their tastes.

He sighed and took the tray up, ready to run it off to the kitchens, and give his thanks to Mrs. Grebe and her wonderful cooking. Second best he knew, and first that was still alive. And he had to see to Lina and Gregor. Her idea to learn her letters, and she browbeat Gregor into it as well, despite his disinterest. But still, they wished it and he provided. It was the least he could do.

---

Lina stretched and rubbed her breasts, swollen and taut and springy. They were so sensitive now, even the slightest breeze sending a shiver to her core, making her wish that it were Gregor's hands and not her own that wandered over her body. But her hands did a wonderful job, folding the flesh, kneading, and pulling and massaging, helping the soreness flow out of her body into nothingness. Gentle caresses and tight squeezes, heavy pulls and light pinches, a soft self-worship of her body.

They had gotten bigger, bigger than her hands could contain, bigger than Gregor could palm, much to his delight. And she savored his delight, his silent awe at the changes in her body as the baby grew in her womb. The dark skin, her dark skin, the pale lines of scar stretching and contorting. She was always hard around her stomach, deep lines of muscle flexing and jostling with each of her movements. But this was different. The slightest twitch sent the rest of her weight following after it, like she was a tidal wave set off near the deepest parts of the ocean, slowly coming to a crash on the shore. It was fun, this fluid way of moving, every action taking an eternity to start and just as long to stop. She was the ocean now, carrying the world within her as she walked.

Her hands left and the heat from her hands slowly faded, replaced with a draft that came from the windows. Gregor insisted that it be kept open at night. Lina did not complain. It just meant that when the sky was darkest and the wind howled loudest, he would turn over and take her in his arms, ensnare and entrap and embrace against the bitter night. He said that it wasn't that bad, that he knew what true cold was and how that this winter was nothing in comparison. He just wanted an excuse to hold her in the night. He didn't need one, even on the hottest day in the middle of the summer, but she let him have it. It felt good, those random gusts of biting wind, cutting her to the bone. But after a moment, the novelty faded, and she decided it was best to get up from the self-love she so deeply felt to close the window and actually start her day.

Gregor always got up earlier than she did, somehow finding the act of sleeping in restless. Insanity, pure and simple, but it might have also been some sort of ploy to keep from the cleaning duties. That was fine. He always did a less than adequate job at straightening the furniture of their makeshift den, squaring away the pile of cushions and blankets and soft things scavenged from other areas of the expansive house. Or maybe he just didn't want to see Ms. Cassowary. She would be going off a little later to go over the written word, and for some odd reason, Gregor simply preferred not to be in the same room as the teacher.

She waddled across the cold floor, rocking side to side with her heavy belly, a hand resting on her back to help the task at hand. The window shut with a hard click and the wind stopped. A fire, the room needed a fire to be complete, but she wouldn't be staying here much longer.

The hallway greeted her with nothing but silence and she realized her mistake. She was naked. Normally that wasn't a big problem. The trees and the grass did not particularly care that she was naked. But the people here did, the people turned red as her hair and looked away, but not really. The men kept looking, glancing back at her, her chest and her stomach and her back as she walked. She liked it. She liked the eyes wandering her up and down and the fact that wanted to touch her. They never did, the men in the black clothes and white gloves. But they looked and when she was close, they made excuses to run away and never talk about the incident to her. Today though, she needed to be clothed.

A gown of soft white, no shoes, never shoes, covering all the parts that were deemed immodest, a thin veil draping over her stomach, almost blinding against her darkened skin. They would still look. They would always look at her with their ashamed longing, no matter what she wore, but nothing would ever come of it. Denied pleasure and interaction for frivolous reasons that could be soothed away with a conversation. She would not lie with them. She had Gregor and that was all she needed. None of the men here with the black clothes and the white gloves where as tall as he was, nor as broad in the shoulder. Even she was taller than most of them anyway. She didn't want to lean down to kiss someone.

Ms. Cassowary was waiting for her in the study, shelves lined with books reaching up to the ceiling, unsteady and threatening to topple at the slightest suggestion. An old woman, pale as a ghost and almost as transparent, skin wrinkled and sagging over what was most probably just a set of bones underneath. A hooked nose, thin and tapered poked under a small set of spectacles. She sat before a wide bay window, heavy snowfall drifting by the window, heavy and slow. She turned and closed the book as Lina walked in. A fire crackled against the wall.

"Hello Lina," she said with a voice of cracked crystal.

"Good morning," Lina replied.

"You look marvelous. How's the little one doing today?"

"Quiet. Let me sleep for once."

Ms. Cassowary laughed, a soft tinkling against the glass and Lina sat down, shifting her body to lie before the fire. It was nice to have some warmth in her again.

"When I had my Lyle, the damn thing would get up at all hours of the night. Even when he was out, me and my husband just couldn't get a wink in otherwise. The little tyrant."

Lina smiled. She knew how terrible the sleepless nights could be, and the thought of more made a not insignificant part of her dread the days that followed. But it would be worth it. Her core said was worth it, so it had to be true. And Gregor would suffer as well, and she could enjoy someone else suffering a little bit. It would be a cruel joy, but a joy, nonetheless.

Ms. Cassowary stood, each motion taking an eternity. Lina tried to help a few times, but she was still strong, the bones still iron and steel, although slightly brittle. From the shelf she pulled a book. A heavy book of red leather, and Lina saw the runes and with no small amount of pride, realized that the swirls had meaning.

"Essays on Terrestrial Creatures of Humongous Size," said Lina.

The old teacher smiled.

"Very good, Lina. I figured since you devoured the one about whales, I figured you might like this. You seem to have a great fondness for zoology."

Lina knew many words, and the last one was, unfortunately, one she did not know. But the book about animals sounded enticing. Knowledge about things to hunt always seemed important. Whales in particular seemed like terrible creatures, all large and intimidating and seemingly immune to stabbing. They had to tire them out and then drag them aboard. But then there was enough meat on them to last forever and a day, so it seemed worth it.

The book did have many enticing quarries. Elephants and moose and bears and odd birds that did not fly called ostriches that laid eggs the size of her head. Those sounded good. Too bad they liked warm, dry places with lots of tall grass and room to run around. But it was still nice to think about the other big things out in the world. Mountains and oceans and lakes and rivers wider than the horizon would allow. And Gregor. He was big. And herself. She was big too. Certainly, bigger than Ms. Cassowary.

The lessons went on, Lina reading a passage, Ms. Cassowary asking questions, answering them when she was done, the knowledge finding a deep spot to nestle in her mind. Gregor did not like these lessons, the sitting and thinking. He liked the doing aspect more, helping Damian with the repairs, lifting the heavy barrels to the supply room, building things. As much as he loved stillness, he wanted to be productive with his stillness, make things with hammer and chisel and nail. She could see his mind working to think of ways to improve their hut out in the woods. More planks, more nails, more wood and steel and brick to shore up some of the drafts and maybe they could winter in there instead. Or maybe not. Lina liked the books, and their place didn't have any at the moment.

A knock came from the door, pulling Lina out of the absolute insanity that was the bird eater. There simply should not be a spider that big, and the fact that it ate birds astounded her. Lina hauled herself up, slowly coming to stand. Still took too long for her liking, as pleasurable as the weight was. Ms. Cassowary knew better than to stop her. She was already up and moving and she would stay that way for a good long while. The old woman stretched as best she could. Some things gave and other things didn't.

Lina smiled and threw herself forward into Gregor's arms as best she could. He found the space to take her in and hold her tight. He was cold, pale skin and dark lines of tattoos still bearing the essence of the snow outside. She leaned back to look into his eyes, clear blue and smiling back at her. His mouth didn't move, but it rarely did. The eyes though, the soft movements and lines that came around the eyes, that was where everything he was laid behind. He had cleaned up the beard a little since they've started living here, growing a little longer than it had been, but it was a concise shape. And his hair was neater. He still didn't let her braid it. It was just long and loose and blonde.

Gregor laid a hand on her stomach and kissed her softly. His hair tickled her lips, and his other hand found the gaps in her crimson dreads and softly pushed them aside so he could look at her as well. It didn't matter why he was here. He just was and she could see his pale hand across the dark expanse of her belly. Vast and silent, just letting his presence softly take over the room and envelope the four walls with tectonic silence.

"Hello Gregor," said Ms. Cassowary, "It's wonderful to see you. You look as healthy as a horse."

The old woman's eyes made a distinct effort to gaze at his crotch and Gregor tried to hide behind Lina, just a little bit. Ms. Cassowary had a very apparent hunger for him and that always made him uncomfortable. Lina's gaze had hunger, but it was an active hunger, further goading him on the fight. Ms. Cassowary's hunger was more dissecting, more piercing and cutting like she wanted to strap him to a table and watch the fight slowly ebb out of him over weeks and months. Lina just wanted to ride him and ride him and ride him some more.

He nodded a response. He did feel healthy, in all honesty. Looks of working lifting and carrying things, the occasional hunting trips to satisfy Lina's cravings. He could not complain and even if he did, he wouldn't.

"I assume you're here for Lina then. That's fine. I think we've done more than enough for today. Unless you're here for more."

Gregor did not like all the words that trailed unspoken after more. He would like many more things, but not from Ms. Cassowary and her cold iron grip that would slice him to ribbons. And Lina was in front of him, holding him, pressing into him with all of her growing softness. He liked this Lina and the breasts that overflowed from his hands.

"Shellback wants a tree. Want to come along?" he said. Lina softened at his voice of avalanches and mile high snow walls. He didn't talk much and frankly neither did she. Every single facet of his frame rumbled with each syllable. Slowly cresting and falling and rumbling. Ms. Cassowary said she was done, so Lina was done and free and able to go wherever she pleased. Going into the forest might be nice. Lina nodded. She would need to get dressed first though. And so, would he. As much as they both liked shirtless Gregor, the vast majority of people didn't seem to be as appreciative.

---

The carriage came to a stop. Lina and Gregor exited, somewhat confused as to where they were. This was not the forest. This was the town, the market specifically. Trees were not in the market. They were in the forest, growing wild and free. Gregor did think it odd when the carriage driver told them to leave their axes behind, but there might have been some in the back. Certain tree cutting axes are used for specific trees. Every task had a tool, and every tool had a task.

But as they stood in front of the market, stalls bustling and steaming, the snow turned to black sludge on cobbled roads line with mud, they were more than a little confused. The driver hopped down and pressed a sack of jostling coins into Gregor's hands.

"Lumber yard's at the far end," said Mr. Pamola, the driver, "Mr. Stanton'll want something big, so I'll meet you over there. There's also some in there for yourselves. He told me you haven't had the pleasure of a Gluhnacht market, so take your time. I'll be at the Whaler's Song if you need me."

The drive adjusted his hat and clambered back to his seat, snapping the reins, and speeding the horses down the cobbled road, leaving them alone to bear the brunt of the mark. Lina shifted in her boots. She didn't like shoes as a concept, but she still appreciated the thick leather soles that separated her from the muck.

A rainbow of fabric spread before them, each holding a sea of goods and sights and scents drifting through the air with lingering pleasure. An assault on the senses, each blow landing with promises for flavorful pleasure and delighted palettes. Lina took Gregor's arm, unceremoniously hidden by a thick cotton sleeve and led him forward. He followed.

People turned and looked at them. It couldn't be helped. Lina stood a head above most of them, and Gregor stood a head above her. And her skin certainly was out of place. A few others more or less as dark as her milled about, either in the crowd or under their tarps, but the vast majority were more in tune with Gregor's complexion, although they lacked the dark ink in thick rivers over his body. The pregnant belly also might have been eye catching, but she couldn't say for sure. The people in the fine clothes watched them walk down the central aisle looking for trees and whatever else could be there.

Gregor smelled it first, fruit and spice melding together off their left side. He pointed it out with a gesture and Lina agreed. Whatever was there was worth investigating to say the least. It could be something great, or it could be something poisonous and terrible, but they would never know without venturing forth into the great unknown. It was a stall, that much was obvious, with a row of simmering iron cauldrons behind the counter. A man with a great moustache, black and bushy and full, stood before them.

"Mulled wine, made with spices from Los Lauros and fruits from Rougeton, fresh from the boat. Mulled wine, perfect for chilly winters such as today. Mulled wine, spiked with the finest rum from Taswell's Spirits and Liquors."

bigthrow
bigthrow
109 Followers