Shadow of Secrets Pt. 04

Story Info
Eva's point of view.
3.7k words
4.3
2.3k
2

Part 3 of the 12 part series

Updated 04/12/2024
Created 11/23/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Disclaimer: All characters are 18+, no underage characters will ever be portrayed in any shape or form in this or any future stories.*

**Eva's point of view**

Eva woke up with a start and her senses were immediately overwhelmed as the strong scent of Jax's sweat mixed in with his distinct smell of cum hit her nostrils. The events of last night came back to her in a rush and she could recall clearly how he had broken her hymen like so many times before and pleasured her into another blissful, undisturbed unconscious state. The last thing she did remember was warning Jax not to cum inside her as he had refused to bring condoms once again.

Eva slowly stirred in her bed and immediately could feel her body aching in various places; worst was her pussy as it was sore and throbbing from pain. Eva found herself lying in her bed face first and naked. She slowly tried to move her hand and could feel how Jax had pretty much worn her out last night. She sighed in frustration as her hand moved to her pussy and she found dried up cum mixed with some of her blood. She needed to gain control over her situation with Jax; he was becoming more and more dominant and reckless with her body. Not to mention his attitude towards her son, Erik. Jax constantly messed with Erik when he was around. She had tried her best to keep Jax satisfied despite how degrading his ideas of sexual encounters were for her; she wanted to keep Erik away from it all as much as possible. Yet last night Jax had pretty much managed to shatter all her defenses no matter how much she tried to protest.

Eva knew how important it was for her to separate her life with Erik and her life with Jax. She worked for him and if she was no longer a part of the League of Heroes; she needed to make a decent living to afford her apartment. She needed Jax for that yet she couldn't deal with how much control she had to give up just to make it possible. She was okay with giving up her body; took some pleasure out of it for herself too but she was adamant on not letting Erik be a part of Jax's twisted desires and kinks. Eva had figured out that Jax loved to have sex with her considering how superior her body was than other women even though she hadn't been truthful about why it was so with him. She still had trust issues with him about revealing her secret past. But more than having sex with her Jax enjoyed tormenting Erik more. Making her squeal at night with pleasure just so Erik would hear her through the walls; that gave Jax much more pleasure than her body. He enjoyed the sense of control he had over the situation more than the act of sex itself.

She knew now more than ever before than she needed to take that part back from Jax and set some ground rules with him. She didn't have much leverage to make such a thing possible but she needed to try nonetheless. Worst case would be that Jax would fire her from her job but atleast she would be able to keep Erik away from the deviancy that Jax brought into their lives.

After gathering her strength, Eva walked carefully towards the bathroom trying hard not to fall. Her legs felt weakened due to the intense sexual activity last night. She couldn't help feeling exhausted and slightly disgusted with herself as well. She thought perhaps there might be something left of her dignity after the previous night but as she looked down at her bruised and battered pussy, she realized there really wasn't. All she had done the entire evening was beg for mercy but instead, Jax forced her deeper into submission until she lost count of how many positions they engaged in sex together.

All throughout these sessions, Jax made sure that any sound that Erik heard from outside was specifically calculated and timed by him -- ensuring maximum impact upon Erik's eavesdropping ears. There was no mistaking the sounds coming from their room. It was a cacophony of moans, groans, heavy breathing and orgasmic gasps all punctuated by the rhythmic slapping of flesh.

As Eva stepped into the shower she could hear the soft footsteps of Erik in the other room with her super hearing and she dreaded her facing him knowing how he most definitely heard her moans last night. As the hot water hit her naked body she winced as the almost healed scratch marks and bruises left on her body by Jax stung. She had a high tolerance for physical pain and wounds but she had no answers for the mental dominance Jax was slowly mounting on her psyche. Shaking her head trying to get rid of the thoughts and memories from last night; Eva started to scoop and scrape the dried off cum from her pussy. She had to rinse a couple of times thoroughly to get rid of all the evidence of last nights encounter with Jax. She knew the scratches and bruises will heal pretty quickly but she would definitely need to go to the pharmacy to get the pill to prevent any unwanted surprises.

It was bad enough that no birth control pill worked on her body; every time she had tried in the past her body pretty much fought it off as part of her body's way of protecting its natural state. She knew she had to convince Jax to start using condoms soon or this would lead to a disaster for her. She cherished Erik beyond anything in her life but having a second child right now would put a lot of stress on her and would mean Erik would have to take a lot of responsibilities which she thought was too early for him.

Finishing up her shower she got dressed and steadied herself to finally face her son. The interaction was awkward as she kept thinking about how her son had heard her disgraceful moans of pleasure last night. Going out of the apartment leaving Erik behind gave her the chance to free her mind if the guilt even if temporarily.

Walking into the pharmacy she went straight for the aisle where the plan B pills were. Then she turned to the isle where they kept condoms and lubes. She frowned seeing so many options and stood there for a few moments unable to decide. She was pretty much forced to think about Jax and his massive manhood so that she can pick the right size for him. It was a humiliating task in itself but then she had to work out what sort of condoms would Jax prefer. Knowing him; Eva picked a couple of boxes of condoms and moved on towards the check out counter.

When she was almost at the door of her apartment she stopped in her tracks. She heard a familiar voice inside her apartment along with Erik's; that she hadn't heard in years. It was most definitely Cindy. Or as Eva knew her back from her past League of Heroes days - "The Specter". Cindy like Eva had retired not long after Eva but had landed well on her feet considering she had somehow secured a reporter job. That was the last Eva had heard of Cindy yet here she was in her apartment talking to her son.

Eva was naturally a bit cautious as she stepped in her apartment and faced Cindy after so many years. Guarded with her stance and cold with her greeting Eva was quick to usher Cindy into her bedroom to figure out why she was getting a surprise visit now. From what Cindy told Eva, Cindy was contacted by the league not too long ago about coming back considering how they were losing more members than recruiting good ones. Cindy obviously refused but decided to help them in her own way by being the journalist and taking up the case of missing heroines more seriously. However she had promised the league to get in touch with other heroines who had; like Eva, dropped out of the radar for good measure.

Just to get her out of the apartment Eva decided to let her know that she would think about it but the answer probably would still be no. She no longer needed to be 'The Shadow'. She just needed to be Eva; mother to Erik. Her priorities were different now but she couldn't ignore how the city needed her as well. Cindy tired her best to convince her but seeing that she was not getting anywhere with how cold Eva was towards her she finally relented.

"Okay fine, I won't push you anymore." said Cindy as she rose from the chair opposite to Eva's in the bedroom. "But remember, your number is saved. If things change...you've always got me." Eva nodded silently as tears filled her eyes.

This city had become extremely dangerous because of people much more dangerous than Jax, and now the League of Heroes couldn't seem to stop them. Maybe joining Cindy once again wouldn't be the worst idea. Eva's hand hesitated, clutching onto her chest as if holding onto her heart. "How am I supposed to protect my son from everything happening?"

Cindy placed a comforting hand on Eva's shoulder. "You don't have to do it alone," she reassured her. "We can work together to bring justice to those criminals plaguing our city. "We may have left the life behind and have sworn to never use our powers anymore .... We still have a duty to help the people however we can .... I'm going to keep exposing criminals through my work. I hope you find a way as well."

Cindy looks back at Eva and points to the floorboard under where she had stashed her old costume before saying "if you have kept it safe all these years .... It's still a part of you that you aren't ready to let go Eva. Think it over and let me know if you want to get back to it." Eva frowned seeing that Cindy just used her X-ray vision power to spot her well hidden secret in a matter of seconds.

With that heavy conversation out of the way Cindy wished Eva the best and left the apartment. Eva stared at the door for a few more moments before turning to the kitchen where she could sense Erik's breathing to be erratic. What was up with the boy? Was he scared or upset about Cindy? Or did he overhear something? No. That's not possible .... Eva would have heard him if he had somehow crept closer to her bedroom door.

Then it clicked. The pharmacy bag she had left on the kitchen counter which had her pregnancy test kit and lots of condoms; it had slightly moved. If it had been anyone else they wouldn't have noticed such a small and insignificant change but for Eva it was significant enough. Erik had touched the bag for sure but had he looked inside? Does he know that she fears pregnancy right now? Why did he even have to go through her bag? She couldn't figure it out but she didn't have the heart to confront him about it either.

Instead, she gathered some courage and walked up to him to ask him how his day was. His shoulders relaxed visibly at her approach and his smile broke through his otherwise troubled expression. Erik opened up to her about his day. But despite his brave attempt to hide his concerns, she could see that deep within him he felt uneasy. Perhaps he sensed that she was hiding something as well. Her gaze fell on the bag containing the pharmaceutical supplies she had bought earlier today. And it struck her how strange it must look to him.

Erik had no clue about his mother's past life as a super-heroine "The Shadow"; a super-heroine he idolized and even sexually fantasized about. Eva hadn't shared that part of her life with anyone and didn't plan on it either as it was something she had long since buried. Yet Cindy's parting words about keeping her costume safe all these years bothered Eva. She knew there was some weight to those words yet she couldn't come to terms with them.

After spending the afternoon and much of the evening with Erik ; watching movies, Eva checked her watch only to jump to her feet in a hurry. She was going to be late for her shift. She had to remind herself that she needed Jax in a good mood so she could bring up the topic of their sex life and its impact on Erik's life. Before getting ready though Eva needed to do one important thing; take the pregnancy test. Locking herself in the bathroom she took the test kit out of the box and looked at it apprehensively.

She muttered to herself "okay .... Here we go" before sitting down on the edge of the bathtub, legs spread apart so she could place the test stick between her labia majora. Once properly positioned, she pressed the button, waiting impatiently for the results. After exactly two minutes passed, she carefully removed the test stick, examining the result with dread. two line appeared, clearly showing that Eva was indeed pregnant. As her hands trembled, reality began to sink in and she found herself staring blankly ahead, she was feeling a mix of emotions. On one hand she was mortified that she had been foolish enough to get knocked up especially if Jax was to be the father but on the other hand she felt a subtle happiness. Did she really want to bring another baby into this world now? How was she going to handle another baby amidst all the chaos surrounding them?

She shook off these disturbing thoughts to focus on the immediate challenge -- breaking the news to Jax. She left for work and upon reaching she went straight for Jax's private office at the back. Taking a deep breath, she approached him confidently. He smiled wide recalling his passion filled night with Eva; blissfully unaware of the news she was about to drop on him.

"Jax, I need to talk to you about something very personal," Eva said, attempting to maintain eye contact. He raised an eyebrow, wondering what this might be about. "Alright, Eva, shoot."

"Remember how I kept begging you not to cum inside me over and over again?" Eva started off heatedly intent on blaming Jax for the situation they both were now in. Eva pulled out the pregnancy test out of her purse and showed it to Jax.

"Look at this!" she exclaimed, her tone indicating she wasn't happy about the outcome. Jax looked puzzled initially then turned pale, immediately understanding what it meant. The revelation hit him hard. Forgetting his usual aggressiveness, Jax lowered himself into his chair, looking utterly shocked. Eva sighed heavily. This wasn't fair. Not to them. To her already strained relationship with Erik.

Now she had to deal with potentially becoming a mother again. It wasn't the ideal time to announce anything concerning family planning given the current state of affairs in Darklight City. On top of dealing with supervillains and the growing mystery behind the disappearances of fellow super-heroines, Eva had to navigate her complicated love affair with Jax, her emotionally tumultuous bond with her son, and now this - a new addition to their family. Her head ached thinking about it all. Still, she couldn't avoid discussing the possibility of bringing another child into this world.

So after gathering her strength, Eva explained to Jax that given the danger lurking around the corners and her primary responsibility of raising Erik, bringing a newborn into the mix seemed risky. The thought of endangering their child further terrified her.

Jax listened intently, considering Eva's argument with care. There was genuine concern etched across his features. At first, he wanted to disagree vehemently, suggesting that they were capable of providing a stable environment for any potential children they brought into the world.

However, Eva remained firm in her decision. Both understood that neither their finances nor their volatile relationship guaranteed safety for any hypothetical future offspring. Jax slowly accepted the logic behind Eva's arguments. Their world was spiraling out of control, and he saw the truth in what she said--they weren't equipped to raise another child right now. Yet he couldn't still accept her decision to abort the baby so easily. He may be a criminal but he was still a god fearing man who was against the act.

Silence settled between them as they grappled with the consequences of their discussion. With her body language communicating resignation rather than anger, Eva stood to leave, hoping Jax would follow suit. She needed to figure out how she was going to abort as she avoided hospitals; fearing them running simple tests and figuring out that she was more than a normal human. Before she used to have medical care with the League which meant she could always go to them for help but there were also illegal medical facilities as well where she can get it done without anyone asking any uncomfortable questions. Jax might be able to help her with such a place as he had connections in the criminal world.

Now Eva had two things she needed from Jax. Him to take her to the medical facility and leave Erik alone when they were together. She turned back around to talk things over with Jax. "We should really try talking this through," she suggested cautiously. However, Jax simply glared at her, frustration seething beneath his calm exterior. His fingers curled tightly into fists at his sides, barely suppressing the urge to strike her.

Fury surged within him, unable to accept Eva's unwillingness to bear a child enough to actually consider abortion. "You're such a selfish bitch! You didn't even consider keeping the child? You just came in here to tell me you wanna abort. What if I wanna be a father to your child?" Jax spat venomously. Despite Jax's anger and his argument for keeping the child; Eva knew what she needed to do that was best for her and Erik. So no matter how much it hurt her emotionally; she needed to get the abortion and she needed Jax to be with her when she went to the illegal medical center so nothing had happened to her there. She was sure she was not going back to the league for her after having retired.

If they learned of her pregnancy situation, they might force her to work for them in return for helping her with the pregnancy; possibly risking the life of herself and Erik that she had built from scratch. No, the safest bet was to rid themselves of this threat before it became too big to manage.

Turning to Jax she practically pleaded "please try to understand Jax. I can't take care of another child when I have Erik to take care of and besides I'm not doing so well financially either!" Jax spit back immediately "Erik is an adult,Eva! Ask him to get a job or I'll get one for him if he can't get one. You can always get more shifts here or do more than your usual waitressing. There is always the back area for you to work if you want more money!"

Eva looked back at him glaring. She knew what the back area of the club was. It was a brothel for the city's perverted. If she hated being groped as a waitress in the front of the club; she knew she would hate it working in the back area even more. But Jax telling her about Erik finding work wasn't totally outrageous. So calming down a little she said "I'll talk to Erik about it soon but I'm not going to work in your whorehouse, Jax! I have told you that many times .... No matter how much money you offer!" She then tried to switch the topic "and while we are talking about Erik .... You crossed a line last night Jax. I told you I don't like to be intimate when he is in the apartment. But you didn't listen one bit." Once again Jax was quick to respond "if Erik gets a job .... He can move out of the apartment too .... Then we would be left alone to do what we want...... openly."

He whispered seductively, nudging closer towards her and caressing her cheek softly, leaving a trail of tiny goosebumps in his wake. Eva fought the sudden wave of desire coursing through her veins. Instead, she reminded herself why he shouldn't touch her, why she didn't want to indulge in his advances. "No, I can't trust you, Jax... you only think about yourself." Her voice wavered slightly, reflecting the internal battle taking place within her.

Finally, Jax conceded once more, his demeanor changing drastically from enraged to cold and calculating. "Alright, Eva. We'll talk later. Just remember I'm willing to support whatever choice you make." Without another word, he rose and strode away, leaving Eva feeling somewhat conflicted about whether he truly understood her concerns. Nevertheless, she took solace in knowing that for now, the worst part of their conversation was over.

She had some heavyhearted decisions ahead of her. Having the talk with Erik about getting a job and possibly even moving out was the most heartbreaking to her. She lived to see her son happy so now asking him to move out just so she and Jax can have uninterrupted sex seemed too selfish to her. Then another decision was if she was going to the league for medical help or Jax so he could take her to the illegal medical facility. Both carried their own risks with it. The league potentially wants more super people now that they had so many missing. So they could ask her to stay and return to active duty as "The Shadow" in return for helping her with her medical issue. While the illegal medical facility could lead to someone finding out about her past as a super-heroine and misusing her abilities somehow. Jax could counter that possibility by just being there and making sure she was safe; she trusted him enough to ask for his help. But she sure as hell didn't wanna go back to work for the league.

12