Shadows of Deception Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Roman was now sneering, and he crumpled the edge of the photo in his grip.

"A piece of shit like Jimmy gets all the stops pulled out, they have goddamned footage of her attack in broad fucking daylight and nothing." He dropped the photo onto his desk and put his cigar out on the photo of her attacker, burning a hole in it. "That's justice for you."

Something about this just rubbed him the wrong way, Jimmy was scum. Belladonna was, as far as he could tell, just a woman. Just an average woman, living her life. The scales of justice were heavily weighted.

"Biggest joke of them all." Roman looked at the file and Mercer could see the gears were turning in his head, he waited a few minutes and watched Roman. Studying him. "What is it, boss?"

"I'm thinking, we can use this to our advantage." Mercer wasn't sure how but he waited for Roman to explain further. "Mercer," he sat up in his chair a bit. "I want you to find out everything there is to know about Jimmy from last year."

"Everything?"

"Everything." He looked at Mercer with that look that said he wouldn't drop it. "Where he lived, what he did, who he fucked, where his family and friends were, how he spent his time, all of it. Talk to whoever you have to, pull his phone records, credit cards, and criminal records, talk to his associates. I want everything."

Mercer blew out a breath but nodded knowing better than to tell Roman what he was asking was a lot. What Roman Aurelius wanted, Roman Aurelius got.

"I'll make some calls. You got a deadline for this?"

"As soon as possible. Be thorough, keep it quiet, and don't make a mess." Mercer nodded. "But do what you have to." Loud and clear. Roman didn't care how he got the information. "Go."

Mercer got up and left Roman's office, and silence fell over the room. Roman remained sitting in the fading light, with two very different photos. One; an angsty teen looking like she'd kick your ass, and the other a comatose beaten stranger that vaguely resembled Belladonna Black.