Sharkbait Down Under Ch. 61-70

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We can't," I said. "Two dead Federal Police aren't going away, and we can't explain them here."

"Get Nicholas to a hospital," Vicki said.

I shook my head, no. "Taking a man to a hospital with a gunshot wound raises too many questions, Vicki. Questions you can't answer while you sit here covered in blood with two dead cops."

She was shaking as she pulled a phone out of the woman's pocket. "They made me shoot him, Alessandro. Master Caroline made him give me the gun, and they wouldn't help Nicholas unless I shot him. Traci recorded me doing it."

I took the phone from her. Frank had hog-tied the unconscious woman using copper wires, plus he taped her mouth closed. "You know these two?"

"I've got Timothy's brains on my shirt; he was my fated mate and rejected me for Traci here."

"We'll find out what she knows later." I looked back at Nicholas; I had to save her mate if I was to keep the Australian Council idea alive. "I can save your husband without a hospital, but I need your permission and your promise."

"Anything you need is yours, Alessandro."

"I plan to put my blood inside his wound to spur healing, Vicki. I've done this with humans but not werewolves, so I'm not sure if it will work or if there will be side effects. Whether it works or not, I need you to promise that you will not tell anyone about how I saved your mate."

"I'll take the secret to my grave, now SAVE HIM!"

I leaned over Nicholas, removing the bandage as I used a fang to slice open my fingers. He woke up and screamed as I pushed two fingers into the wound, finding the bullet and pulling it out as my blood mixed with his. I dropped the slug on his stomach, then squeezed out more blood onto the wound before I allowed my body to heal itself.

Nicholas was out of his mind with pain, and Vicki was too weak to crawl to him. "Did Caroline feed on you?"

"Yes," she said. "I'm not feeling that good."

"Rick, check out the Range Rover, see if it is clean and driveable." While he checked it out, I picked Vicki off the ground and brought her over to stand next to her mate. I could see the healing progressing; the bleeding had stopped, and the torn skin was closing up.

Nicholas took a few deep breaths as his body went back to normal. "That stung a little," he said as he sat up. "Are you all right, baby?"

I helped Nicholas to his feet. Both of them were covered in blood, looking like extras in a horror film. "Strip out of these clothes and leave them here, and we'll dispose of them later. There should be a locker room through that door, so take a shower and shift. Do you have more clothes?"

"In the back of the Range Rover," Nicholas said.

"Take them while we hose this place down," I told them. Oksana and Rick arrived while they were cleaning up, and I detailed the plan. We rolled the dead bodies in tarps, taping them closed and stacking them in the back of Frank's SUV. The prisoner we secured to a stanchion, ignoring her muffled cries and struggling. We'd find out everything from her later.

We used hoses to rinse the blood down the drain, and Becky did her magic in the office. She made sure the on and offsite security camera archives were deleted and disabled the fire protection system. "Someone will figure out that something happened here," she said. "We clear out now, and one of us comes back just before sunrise with some Molotov cocktails and burns the place. They won't suspect the real crime happened eight hours earlier."

It was a decent plan, but we still had to figure out what to do about the two dead cops. Both had worked off the clock for me for years, and there was a paper trail showing they were on the job.

We had things somewhat clean before Nicholas and Vicki came back out, and Vicki was panicked. "Traci has a baby," she said. "The sitter might know about where she is." She walked over and ripped the tape off her mouth. "You're a dead woman, Traci, and we both know that," I told her. "If you answer questions honestly, I'll make sure your son grows up safe."

"PLEASE," Traci begged her. "My baby, Todd, he's at the hotel with one of Caroline's vampires. She's keeping him to make sure we keep up our end of the deal."

"What is that," I asked the crying female.

I didn't like the answer.

Ch. 69

Nicholas Corcoran's POV

"We have to get that baby back," Vicki said as I carried her to the Range Rover and set her in the back. She was barely staying awake, the cumulative effects of blood loss over the past two weeks too much for her body to handle. "Timothy was a piece of shit that you cursed at as you scraped it from the bottom of your shoe. Traci was the piece of shit you stepped on in the dark in your bare feet. Her baby is innocent and is a mantled Alpha blood. We need to save him."

"I know. We'll take care of it," I promised my mate as I laid her in the back seat. "Get some sleep while we figure out what we're going to do."

My mind was still trying to understand how a Mantled Alpha werewolf could fall so far from everything our species stood for. Today's attack was Traci and Timothy's third attempt at taking what Vicki enjoyed. The kidnapping failed spectacularly, leaving them without a family or Pack. The second was when they worked with vampires to have Vicki kidnapped in Mexico, but the Master changed their plan to sell them as sex slaves. Vespucci kept all six of them, paying them a half-million for their help in killing the lawyer. After that, he sent the pair to Master Caroline in Los Angeles, promising she would hide them from the Werewolf Council.

When the Mexico City raids freed the girls and eradicated Vespucci's coven, Master Caroline was incensed. Traci said she wanted Vicki dead for killing her friend, Master Alexander, and Caroline adamantly opposed any cooperation with other species. Caroline worked closely with Vespucci, arranging to flood vampires into the United States and stockpiling high-ranking werewolf blood. They'd planned to overthrow Master Cyprian on New Year's Day and take over the Vampire Council.

Their shared hatred led to this latest plan. Caroline's coven would help kidnap us so she could power-up with my blood, Traci and Timothy would take our fortune, and they'd use us to lure Alessandro to an ambush.

The video she'd taken of Vicki executing a police officer was the key to everything. With me injured and Vicki facing life in prison, we'd have to cooperate in luring Alessandro out.

Killing me would bring retribution, so we'd live under their terms. With Alessandro dead and Caroline's second taking over the Sydney coven, the Australian Council would never happen. She and Timothy would move to Queensland in Northeast Australia, far from my Pack, and buy land to start a Pack with the money I'd give them. The North American Council had no jurisdiction there, and Vicki and I would have to accept it.

If it hadn't been for Consuela's gut feeling, it would have worked.

I watched Vicki's eyes close and her breathing even out; once she was asleep, I gently closed the door. "She's going to need food and fluids," I told Alessandro as I walked back to him.

"You will need the same; healing takes a lot out of your body, and you'll feel it once the rush wears off. We have thirty minutes until Traci makes her call; we should get your two something to eat."

"Cynthia's Café is across the street and a block up, and you can get some food to go there," Consuela said. "I saw it when I was watching the building from next door."

"Go with him, and act like his girlfriend," Alessandro ordered her. "Nicholas, you do all the talking because people might remember her accent."

"What about the video that bitch took," I asked.

"Don't worry about that," Becky answered. "She never sent it, and I deleted it locally and on the cloud. While I had her phone, I emptied her bank accounts and sent them to an untraceable account in the Caymans. Vicki never finished the transfer, so she never got any of your money."

"Thanks," I said. I held the door open for Consuela, and we walked out into the early evening air. The café served breakfast all day, and we'd need protein. I ordered two steak and egg breakfast platters to go, plus two bottles each of orange juice and whole milk. I managed to polish off two donuts and a glass of milk while waiting for the food to come out.

Consuela hadn't said anything; she was looking at properties in Adelaide on her phone. We got our food and headed out the door. "Are you thinking of moving near us?" I asked.

She nodded. "Alessandro and his Coven have been welcoming, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable here. You wouldn't mind?"

"Of course not, Consuela. You're welcome on our lands anytime; if you want to live in the area, we'd like that."

The streets were nearly empty, and we slipped back inside the electrical supply house. I hated to wake Vicki up, but she needed the fluids and food. She sleepily drank down the juice, finally perking up enough to sit up and eat. We managed to finish the meals in ten minutes, and I helped her get out when Alessandro waved for us.

"Time for the call," he said.

I held Vicki to my side as we walked over to talk to Traci. "If you cooperate, your son will be safe. We'll make sure he grows up with a loving family and a future. As for you, I'll make your end quick and painless. You won't get a better deal."

"I understand," she said. "Tell my boy that I loved him when he's old enough to understand?"

"You have my word as Alpha," Vicki told her.

She took her phone from Alessandro and made the call. "It's me. The guy's gone, and the woman passed out from blood loss."

"You were supposed to keep her alive to talk to Alessandro," Caroline responded.

"She doesn't need to talk when I can send him a video of her still alive," Traci replied. "He'll show up alone when I tell him the deal. I just need to know when and where."

"Bradley's Head Lighthouse, two AM. Don't call him until you are there and you have Vicki chained to the lighthouse; I'll be watching to make sure you both follow directions. Tell him to make sure he comes alone, or Vicki dies."

"I understand, Master, and it will be as you direct." She hung up. "I'll have to be out there on the lighthouse with Vicki, alone."

Becky was already pulling up satellite imagery of Bradley's Head. I could see why she picked it; the lighthouse was on a pier out from the end of the point. The point itself was a park with a walking trail and a parking lot; it would be closed at night, making it easy to verify if Alessandro was alone. "I don't like it," I said.

"We don't have a choice," Vicki replied. "Alessandro has to end this tonight, and Traci needs her baby back." She looked at the image, zooming back before going back in. "I've got an idea, but we'll need help."

"What are you thinking?"

"Caroline is thinking like a vampire or a werewolf; she's picked an area where her sight and smell can detect anyone approaching on land, and it's remote enough for vampires to fight without attracting the attention of humans. She's not thinking of our allies or considering Nicholas," she said.

Alessandro raised an eyebrow. "How?"

"She looks at the harbor as a barrier, not an opportunity," Vicki said. "Who is here in Sydney right now who fucking LOVES the water?"

"Me, and the mermaids," I answered.

"Exactly. We can surround the lighthouse with mermaids and put you in dive gear. Hell, your Coven could hide under the water too. It's not like the undead can drown," she said with a laugh. "We can put people in place and move in when I give the signal."

"I like it," I said. "We should get going."

"I need to restrain Vicki and bring her there alone," Traci said. "For all I know, Caroline is already there waiting for us. You're going to have to trust me."

That was going to be the hardest thing for me to do tonight.

Ch. 70

Vicki Corcoran's POV

I didn't like being in the back of the Range Rover, but that was how we had to play it.

Nicholas and the others left after I laid out my plan, while Traci and I had to time things a little closer to arrival time. To make things realistic, she demanded Alessandro bring five million dollars Australian for Nicholas and Vicki's ransom. After all, Alessandro wasn't supposed to know that Nicholas was dead.

I looked out the window as we crossed the Sydney Harbour Bridge to the northern suburbs. It was a glorious summer night, warm and humid, and the clouds combined with the waning moon meant the Lighthouse area would have little light. The Harbor was full of boats, and the many points and inlets allowed lots of people to own property on the water. It was too busy for me, but I could see its attraction.

We crossed the bridge and headed for the Military Road exit. "Put the cuffs on and get on the floor," Traci told me. From this point on, I'd just have to trust her. I knew the route we were taking and could sense when we reached the roundabout that took us around to Bradley Head Road. She pulled over eventually and put the car in park. "Don't move. We're at the park entrance."

She pulled a set of lock picks out of her purse, then got out of the car. A few minutes later, we were through the gate, and she got out to lock up behind us again. "Can't have the police wondering if kids are having a party at the beach," she said.

I reached out to my mate. "How is it going?"

"We're headed across the bay now," he sent back. "One hour to the meeting. Alessandro has the money, and we've got the rest of his people with us."

"Good. We're in the park now; I should be out on the walkway in plenty of time," I said.

"How are you feeling?"

"Tired," I replied. "What are we doing with the bodies? Are you dumping them in deep water?"

"We came up with a better idea," Nicholas sent back. "Becky is driving the car over and will park a few miles away from the meeting site until we call her in."

I feel the car stop. "We're here. I'll talk to you later." Traci gets out and opens the back door; she's been crying and can't stop. Her mate is dead, and her pain and loss familiar to me. I wanted to feel sorry for her, but it was the same aching emptiness I had after she stole my mate. She had no one to blame but herself, especially now. They were exiled with money and could have gone somewhere and made a decent life for themselves. Instead, they tried to take what was mine and that I could not forgive.

I was out of energy by the time Traci walked me away from the parking area. The path led to a metal dock, extending to where the short lighthouse stuck up from the bay. I saw a chainlink gate with barbed wire across it at the end to prevent kids from getting onto the lighthouse; she sat me down and handcuffed my right hand to the metal post. "It's beautiful out here," I told her.

"We have a deal," she whispered back. "Don't do anything until I have my baby safe in my arms."

"Keep up your end of the deal, and your son will carry on your family line," I promised.

She nodded and handed me a bottle of water, then turned and walked off the dock and up to her car. She leaned against it, waiting for Alessandro to show up with the money.

I spent time watching the harbor as we waited. The waters were busy with boats, from sixteen-foot fishing boats to megayachts. I could see the anchor lights of the sailboats and yachts at anchor and the running lights of those still moving across the bay. Despite the late hour, a few parties continued on their decks.

About twenty minutes later, a fishing boat rounded the point with its nets rolled and ready on the fantail. I watched it pass about a hundred yards out and was a little shocked when Nicholas' send came to me. "We're deploying the mermaids from the fishing boat now," he told me. "They'll wait for my signal to go."

"What time is it?"

"Fifteen minutes until Alessandro arrives. Becky is monitoring the police frequencies and has the surveillance cameras in the park on a loop. I need you to stay safe while Alessandro does his business. We figure Caroline will let him get down to you before springing her trap, wanting the remote location."

I felt better knowing our friends were here. "I've just about reached my limit on drama," I told my mate. "I want to get back to modeling, diving, and making love with my man on the deck overlooking the Southern Ocean."

I could feel the love and lust over the bond. "Don't get me excited now, baby. I don't want to go into battle with a hard-on."

"Where are you?"

"I'm just off the Memorial Mast, but don't look. We've got mermaids in place around the point, just below the surface and waiting for my signal."

"Nicholas... if things go south, know that I loved you with all that I had. Live for me, and lead our Pack. I'll talk to Luna and send you another mate."

"I want the same for you if I fall, Vicki. All I want is for you to be happy." I wiped away a tear with my free hand. "When this is over, I'm locking you in our bedroom for days."

"Promise?" By Luna, that sounded good right now.

"I promise." We talked some more about our dream home, which I knew was his way of taking my mind off the shitstorm that was coming our way. I heard a motorboat approaching, heading right for us. It slowed as it got closer, and I recognized the operator.

"You made it," I told Alessandro as he stopped the boat next to the dock.

"You never said you were arriving by water," Traci said as she walked down onto the dock.

"You told me to be here, and I'm here," Alessandro said as he tossed her a line. She tied the boat off fore and aft, and he climbed up onto the dock. He was wearing a backpack that was stuffed full of money. "Vicki, are you all right?"

"I'm fine," she said.

"She'll remain fine when I get my money. My mate has her in his rifle scope. One false move from you, or he sees anyone else, and he blows her head off. Understand?"

"I understand," Alessandro replied.

"Good. Walk up to the car in the parking lot." I watched as they went up the hill. Traci had him dump the money into the back seat, not trusting his bag. Once satisfied, she tossed him the keys to the handcuffs. "Our business is concluded. I have no ill will against your Coven, but you need to understand Vicki's situation. I have a video of Vicki executing a Federal Police Officer in cold blood. If anything happens to us, Vicki will spend the rest of her life in prison. We're going to form a Pack north of Brisbane; I don't want you or Vicki's pack anywhere north of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. Make sure her Pack understands." She handed him the handcuff key. "Take her and go."

Alessandro started to walk back with the empty bag. He was almost to the dock when he stopped, sniffing the air before dropping the bag and spinning around. "You treacherous BITCH," he said as his talons and fangs grew out. I looked up to see Master Caroline had flashed in and was now standing next to Traci Lords.

It was Caroline who started laughing. "This is too perfect," she said as she matched Alessandro's vampire form. "Done in by the dogs you wanted to trust."

"My baby? I've done all you asked," Traci said.

"A deal is a deal," Caroline answered. "Look, there he is." One of her vampires was walking along the rocks down by the HMAS Sydney Memorial Mast. Without warning, she plunged the nails of her right hand into Traci's back, causing her to scream in agony. "Dogs shouldn't mess with our kind, Traci. The poison flooding into your body right now will make it a challenge, but maybe you're strong enough to deal with the pain long enough to save that child of yours."