Sharks and Field Mice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Though he removed the gag from his mouth, Bill made no attempt to reply to Venice or to go after him when he left with his thugs. He listened to the cars leaving and waited a bit longer before crawling over to his son and lightly putting his hand on Daniel's shoulder. The way Daniel flinched made Bill's heart break. "You alright, son?" He asked hoarsely, figuring the answer was no but feeling compelled to ask anyway.

Relaxing when he realized it was just his father touching him, Daniel nodded softly. "I--I think so." He muttered, unable to look at his father.

"Alright." Bill whispered, not quite believing Daniel but not wanting to press him after what he'd been through. He stood up slowly and went about extinguishing the few lanterns that lit up the barn before going back over to Daniel. "Let's get back to the house, son."

Nodding again, Daniel allowed his father to help him up and they walked to the house together, not saying a word the whole walk there. Daniel kicked off his shoes at the door and Bill didn't make him straighten them up like he normally would've, simply heading up the stairs with Daniel trailing after him. Still without a word and without a backwards glance for Daniel's part, the two men split up and returned to their own rooms.

Leaning heavily against his door, Daniel's mind raced. Why hadn't his father told him about their financial troubles? He could've helped sooner, before all this happened. Sliding down his door and cupping his face in his hands, Daniel couldn't find the willpower to be truly angry that the night had happened. He knew he should be, but some part of himself that he was determined to ignore had enjoyed the events of the evening.

Scrubbing his face in frustration, Daniel got up and, ignoring the fact that he was rather dirty, flopped down on his bed. He curled up and fell asleep quickly, despite the war raging in his brain, his exhausted body and frazzled mind deciding enough was enough.


12