She Wolf Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Later, as they sat around the dining room table eating a hearty farm meal Janet and Charles recounted the recent events. After a recounting of the fire and the visit to Will's place both grandparents were troubled. Gertrude noted that Janet seemed to have inherited her keen sense of things unseen.

Henry voiced his concern. "That man or creature you encountered that felt evil to you. Does he know who you are?"

Charles frowned. "Will certainly knew about Janet. Maybe from her art, maybe he had a sense of who she was. It seems reasonable that Will discussed it with this other nameless fellow. Our thinking is that he set the fire. We both thought we saw a cat as we left."

"Will's place gave me the creeps. It reeked of evil. Maybe it was from both of them."

"You say the truck went missing shortly afterward. Any luck tracing it?"

Janet shook her head. "We heard the truck had been found down near the Pennsylvania line, but no trace of the driver. He could have easily shifted and run quite a distance before shifting back. Could be stealing vehicles and using them to help get him where he wants to go. Might even pick up a job or two along the way to look like an itinerant worker."

Henry was quiet for a moment. "Gertrude has an extraordinary ability to sense things. She felt cold yesterday, as if something was passing by. There's no evidence whatever it was stopped around here, but now I'm worried about your parents. Will couldn't defeat you, but if this second fellow knows who you are he knows he can't defeat you together and could try to do you harm by harming them, and possibly is heading that way. You might want to call them and run over there."

Charles asked "Where do they live?"

"In the mountains a couple of hours from here."

Janet took out her phone and made a quick call. "No answer. It's probably nothing, but I'd like to head over there, just to be sure."

"We'd all feel better if you did. Do you want us to go along?"

"I don't think so."

Charles touched her arm. "Maybe it would be a good idea. If it's nothing we can say we wanted to have a surprise family visit."

The four of them piled into Janet's Jeep and headed west into the mountains, trying to keep from talking about a worst case scenario.

Henry commented "You know, we never did tell our wolf names. I'm Claw. Gertrude is Swift. She is, too. When she opens it up she's so fast she's almost invisible - she's just a blur. I can't keep up with her."

Janet said "I wonder why I never knew that?"

Charles laughed "Because you didn't know about wolf names. I'm Fang, and the lovely lady here is Blue Eyes."

"Blue Eyes! It suits you perfectly."

Charles and Gertrude exchanged pensive glances.

Janet called again before they were too deep into the mountains, and was relieved to get an answer. "You're coming for a visit? Mom and dad are with you? Well, that is unexpected."

"Um...how are things there?"

"Fine. Even better now. We just hired a nice young man to help with some chores we've fallen behind on. We missed your earlier call because we were outside showing him some things that need to be done and where the tools are. Your father's back has been bothering him lately, so he can't get up on the ladder anymore."

"That's...um...nice. There's no need to interrupt dad to tell him we're on our way."

She hung up and summed up the feeling of everyone "Shit."

Janet turned off the main road onto a series of twisting narrow back roads missing a turn in the gathering dark and having to turn around.

It was dark by the time she pulled into the yard of the familiar house. Gertrude said "I don't like it. There's something here. Something that shouldn't be."

"I get that, too."

Wanda came out to meet them. "How nice to see you all! In your message you said you've eaten, but I have some fresh apple pie inside."

"Where's dad?"

"He's around back with the new fella."

They heard "Who are you? What do you want?"

The four shifted at once and raced around back to see a mountain lion backing Clark up to a shed wall. The creature turned and snarled at four wolves racing toward him. He quickly turned back to Clark and struck at him, but Clark suddenly was knocked sideways and the slash missed.

Wanda came around the corner of the house and screamed at the sight. Three wolves struck at once. Fang chomped on the paw that narrowly missed Clark, and snapped it. Blue Eyes went for the throat and the creature toppled backwards from the onslaught. Claw tore at the neck and used his claws to rip open the creature's back.

In fury and pain the creature struck to knock the attackers away. He got a swipe at Fang's shoulder and Blue Eyes leg, but the fight was short. Blue Eyes remained firmly fastened to the throat as Fang shifted and called to a stunned Clark "Where's your axe?"

Clark pointed to a garden shed and Charles dashed in to retrieve it. Only when Charles approached did Blue Eyes let go of the throat. With a swift blow Charles severed the head from the body.

The three remaining wolves lay panting on the ground as Charles checked on them. "Swift, Claw...you're okay. Blue Eyes you need healing, remain wolf."

Gertrude and Henry shifted. Henry looked at Charles. "You need it too. That's a nasty one."

Only then did Charles notice blood pouring from his shoulder, and immediately shifted to Fang.

Gertrude herded Clark and Wanda into the house but Henry stayed with the wolves until their injuries had healed. The men had unfastened their belts before they shifted and had pants to put back on. The others had tattered clothing. While Janet and Charles had spare clothes in the vehicle, suitable garments had to be found for Gertrude and Henry.

The four sat around the dining table with a shaken Clark and Wanda. "I...I still don't know what happened. It was so fast. I looked over when I heard you drive up and when I turned back to finish giving instructions I saw...I saw...that thing. I know it looked like a lion, but a man had just stood there seconds before."

Janet said "That's two of those evil creatures we've dispatched. I don't know where they're coming from."

Gertrude cleared her throat. "I think I can shed some light on that." She turned to Janet. "You know those three wolf pups I told you about? One turned out to be lycan and showed up one day. He wanted to see how we were doing and brought some news."

Wanda was aghast. "Mom! What do you mean pups? Did you have pups? When? How? There's so much Clark and I don't know."

Gertrude patted Wanda's arm. "You were never interested. Janet wasn't either, until recently. But that's a story for another day. There are more serious issues here. Apparently there's something going on up in the mountains of Idaho and Montana and nearby Canada. Lots of evidence of wolf and lion raids and some attacks on people as well. Gray, that's his name, told me he chased one all the way east to the upper peninsula of Michigan before he lost it. He thinks something happened out west that brought the evil creatures together and now they're on the prowl."

"They've got to be stopped, grandma." Janet turned to Charles. "Is there anything we can do? You're the wildlife biologist."

"I've only got a week before fall classes start, but maybe we can do something. Can you get in touch with Gray, Gertrude?"

"He's kind of the opposite of you -stays mostly wolf but shifts to human when necessary. I taught him how to control it and we're often able to communicate by thought. Apparently I'm well known in lycan circles."

Janet wondered why Charles nodded.

Wanda and Clark looked on in amazement as they discovered more about her parents than she ever wanted to know. Wanda had tried to live a normal life, but now what she had been so afraid of was beginning to touch the lives of everyone around her.

In the morning Charles and Gertrude pored over maps, figuring likely travel routes as the evil creatures spread east.

"You know, we aren't certain they are only coming east. I'm going to call my parents in California and put them on alert. They'll get the word spread along the west coast. I have grandparents in Louisiana, and I'll contact them, too. You said according to Gray it appears they aren't only cats, but some wolves as well."

"There may be more in New England by now, too."

"We don't have as much pack coverage there, so we may need to hit that area ourselves. But right now maybe we can help cut the pipeline if we head up into Michigan and Canada."

Gertrude asked "Do you want Henry and me to come along?"

"We could cover more territory that way, but I think you may be needed more here. Keep your senses on alert. Janet is developing her abilities in that area and that will help a lot on our quest. Besides, we don't know if or how they contact each other, so it's possible more of them could be aware of Janet's parents."

Clark was stunned. "You mean I was attacked because of Janet?"

"That's not a certainty, but it's a theory we're working on."

Henry nodded. "Good point. We'll hang around here for awhile. Maybe go back and forth between here and home. If you're taking the Jeep your folks will take us home and they are welcome to stay there for a bit."

Janet spent the rest of the morning cleaning her weapons and taking some practice in the field behind the house. Charles went onto town and bought a couple of axes, a machete, shovels and a couple of bright spotlights to mount on the jeep.

Janet and Charles set out right after lunch and drove into the heart of Michigan, where they spent the night.

Beside each other in bed he twirled her hair around a finger. "We don't know what we're heading into."

"I know. I hope it's not more than we can handle. Let's not think about that right now. I like what you're doing."

"Do you? What about this?" He slid a hand down the outside of her leg and up her thigh.

"That too."

"Hmm. Maybe this?"

His other hand let go of her hair and massaged a breast.

"Just like that."

He slipped a finger inside her and she sighed with pleasure while walking fingers down his chest until she grasped him. "It's so big. I don't know how it fits, but it feels so good inside. Because of my...difference...I haven't been with very many men. But you understand what I am and I understand what you are and that makes all the difference."

"I hadn't even mated as a wolf until you. Like you I've been with a few women, but no long term relationships. Until now."

"Yes, until now."

He kissed her and she pushed him onto his back. Janet straddled him and played with his very large erection. "I think we need more practice."

Charles laughed as she aimed him and settled onto him, slowly, feeling the length of him. As she rocked on him he fondled her breasts. Time lost meaning and they became one. She increased her rocking until she threw her head back and moaned. He held her hips and pumped inside her until he came with a gushing torrent and she felt him filling her.

Gasping beside each other he caressed her cheek.

She nestled beside him and rested a hand on his chest. "Mates for life."

"Mates for life."

"I understand you may gather other bitches as wolf mates, but I hope there's never another human mate."

"Not as long as I live and breathe. Neither human nor wolf."

***

A quick breakfast at a restaurant across the street was all they took time for before pushing on north. After crossing over to the Upper Peninsula they looked for a place to leave the vehicle.

"We don't have passports with us, so we'll have to cross into Canada as wolves. We can check into a campground and leave the vehicle here. They're used to people taking off on fishing or hiking trips so it won't draw any notice."

"Grandma said Gray might try to find us. I don't know how we'll find each other."

"It's a big country, but I think we'll be looking in the same area he'll be in. Based on the map routes we studied she may be able to steer him to us. Let's lock the car and find a den where we can leave our clothes."

After hiking for a half hour they found a suitable den that appeared to be unused by other animals. Janet had brought her pistol and hid it under some leaves at the back of the den while their clothes were left closer to the entrance before they shifted.

Free of clothing they ran fast and free. The bridge across into Canada was well travelled and well lit at night. Fang decided not to try crossing it and risk getting shot, so they skirted the south side of Lake Superior to enter farther west than they had intended.

Once in Canada they found the main east-west road and followed it west. Running hard they actually made better time than the cars on the road. They found a rock overhang with thick brush around it and chose it to spend the night. Before they bedded down they each let out a howl to announce their presence and heard an answer in the distance.

Blue Eyes snagged rabbits to eat along the way; Fang wasn't used to feeding in the wild and couldn't catch one. After a long drink from a rushing stream they set out again.

About midday Blue Eyes stopped and cocked her head. Fang stopped and came back to her, noting her hackles raised and surmising she had sensed something. The rest of the day they proceeded cautiously.

Just after dark they heard a howl nearby and cautiously approached the direction from where it came. A wolf appeared out of the brush and curled its lips with a low growl. Blue Eyes didn't sense danger and the pair sat to show no aggression. The new wolf approached warily, sniffing and tense. About ten feet away it looked at Fang for a moment and then looked into the eyes of Blue Eyes. It instantly relaxed and trotted up to them, sniffing around. The wolf turned and trotted away, stopping to see if Fang and Blue Eyes followed. Blue Eyes got up to follow and Fang followed her lead. The trio set off at a good pace until they reached a clearing where several other wolves gathered, watching. Blue Eyes surmised the solid steel gray wolf leading them was probably Gray and had been expecting them.

There were six other wolves, male and female, all gathering around to sniff the newcomers until they were satisfied. Blue Eyes took a chance and shifted. The gray wolf followed, as well as all the others.

Gray said "Welcome. I was hoping you'd come this way. Hey everyone, these are the ones I told you about. The one with blue eyes is related to me somehow. She's a neice or something."

The eight naked people mingled and greeted each other before Gray called them to order.

"Blue Eyes and Fang...I don't know your human names, so I'll stick to wolf...we've been looking for several of the evil ones, both cats and renegade wolves. There has been a gathering of them somewhere near Glacier Park, although some may have come up from Yellowstone. Shadow managed to get close to them - close enough to know there are a lot of them. Hundreds. What she discovered is that they are spreading out across the country and Canada, travelling in groups. We've managed to notify a lot of pack leaders around the country to be on the lookout. We know for sure of a large group already heading toward the west coast and several groups heading down the Rockies with the aim of spreading across Texas and through the south. Shadow suspects they're also heading east along this general route and is out on a scouting mission as we speak. I sensed them a couple of times, but think they're shifting periodically to throw off the scent. Blue Eyes, I understand you have nearly the sensing ability of Swift also."

"Grandma helped me develop it, as well as the ability to shift at will."

"Most of us can do that, but Sky and Lake mostly stick to the night."

"We encountered two of them in upstate New York and managed to dispatch them. Grand...er...Swift says she senses they came from here and were sent out as scouts. We were sent to find Gray and help any way we can. They've got to be stopped."

They were interrupted by a black wolf silently padding into the group. She shifted into a young raven haired woman and reported.

"There's a group of seven or eight heading east. I followed them, but they started to become suspicious of being followed so I dropped back and came here. There seem to be two or three wolves and about five cats. We are strong enough to take them."

"Good work, Shadow. We've got to determine if they continue heading east in Canada or if they drop down into one of the northern tier of states. We need to trail them close enough to know where they're going but far enough back that they don't know we're there. If any of them have the sense ability we may not be able to hide from them, but if they move to a vulnerable location we can take them."

Janet closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment, then shook her head. "There's more here than we know. I sense the overall leader is with them. He feels far stronger to me than any of the others. There's something different about a couple of wolves, too. Something big is in the works."

"That would explain why the dark power has diminished over in Glacier. We need to be careful. Let's move out. I know a place about twenty miles from here where we can shelter if necessary."

With the entire pack present they numbered twelve, and they followed Gray towards the east.

For several days they kept up with the rapidly moving group of wolves and cats. Two more wolves joined Gray's group along the way, but the other group grew in number also. Eventually it was determined that several had split off from the larger group, dropping down into the US while the larger body of them continuing east in Canada.

Gray's group shifted for a planning session.

"Fang and I left a vehicle and weapons in northern Michigan. We'll follow that splinter group. Gray, you keep the rest of the pack so you keep strength in numbers. Maybe you'll even pick up a few more from Canadian packs along the way. Hopefully those we're following won't gain many new members on their way east. Fang and I are familiar with the route we travelled and may even be able to get ahead of the southern group and lay a trap. Fang has the strength of at least two wolves, so we have that advantage in a confrontation, especially if we can surprise them."

Reluctantly the pack split, with Fang and Blue Eyes retracing the path they had taken travelling west earlier, moving fast. Several times Blue Eyes thought she sensed their quarry, and it seemed the quarry stopped for a time, possibly shifting to human, so Fang and Blue Eyes did actually pass them, arriving at the den one day in the late morning. Inside the den they shifted and rested. Janet checked her pistol and made sure it was loaded.

Before dressing and leaving the den Janet embraced Charles. "I thought of something. Gray said the pack leaders in various places around the country had been alerted. Do you know the pack leader in our area?"

Charles was silent for a moment and she grasped the meaning of the hesitation. "It's you. It is, isn't it? I wondered why you and Grandma looked at each other like you did when we shared our wolf names. Of course, with your education and background you would be perfect. Nobody would ever suspect because it's natural for you to prowl the woods."

"I'm rather new at the leadership and I haven't yet learned how to communicate reliably. I knew of Swift, but had no idea you were related to her. I didn't want that to get in the way of our relationship. You know that I'm attracted to you as a human."

"I meant it when I said how I felt about us."

"I know, but I've never met a woman like me before. I didn't know how to handle it."

"How about like this?" She kissed him and skimmed a hand over his chest, feeling his heart rate increase. He rubbed a thumb over a nipple and gently caressed a breast as he deepened their kiss. Her hand slid up his thigh to his massive erection as it throbbed to life, stroking it.