Shock and Awe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we dressed, Martha asked.

“Chris, can you do me a favor?”

I looked across our bedroom and responded.

“Sure.”

“I expect a pile of work when I get in this morning. Do you have the time to take the figurines to the bank before you go to the airport?”

I thought for a second and smiled.

“That’ll be easy enough. I’ll take care of it.”

++++++

As I guessed would happen, Martha’s text arrived just before noon on the Friday immediately after Thanksgiving.

[Martha] Where the fuck are my figurines, you asshole?

I laughed so hard, coffee flew from my nose as Kate, a thirty-eight year old divorcee neighbor, was walking (naked) outside of my bedroom and saw the stream of coffee fly.

She laughed along with me.

“Do you need to answer that text or can you give me a quick fuck before I have to leave?”

We’d already had sex after we first woke, but I suspected, with a little help from Kate’s world class oral skills, I could go another round. When I spread my thighs, Kate knelt between my legs and took my cock into her mouth. After a few minutes of her bobbing her face over my groin, I was ready to go.

Kate climbed onto my lap, lined up my fat cock with her pussy, and grunted as she sank onto me. Kate held onto my shoulders while her B-cup sized tits bounced against my face as she fucked herself on my cock. I could tell she was getting close to cumming when she wedged her left hand between our bodies and rubbed her clit. She exploded a few moments later.

After a slow, circular grind against the base of my cock, Kate climbed off of me, got onto her hands and knees, and looked over her shoulder at me.

“More! Fuck me some more!”

I crawled behind Kate’s spectacular ass, jammed my cock into her tight, wet hole, held her hips, and fucked her hard. She continued to rub her clit and screamed into the pillow as I emptied my cum into her.

Kate took a quick shower, dressed, gave me a kiss, and left for home. After she left, I checked my phone and found several texts and phone calls from Martha, her family members, and our kids.

Although I didn’t want to talk to Martha, I decided it’d be far easier to call her than talk to everyone else.

Martha hissed when she answered her cell.

“What the fuck took you so long to call back!”

“I was fucking one of my neighbors, Martha. Since we’d already had sex once, it took a while to cum a second time! You remember, right Martha?”

Martha took a moment to calm herself and continued.

“I want my Nativity scene, and I want it now!”

“Sure! Go to the bank and get it.”

“Chris! I know you didn’t take them back to the bank last year. The last record for accessing the safety deposit box was when I took the figurines out last Christmas.”

Before she could continue, I asked,

“Why didn’t you return them last year?”

“As you clearly know, you agreed to take them to the bank for me. Please, Chris! Please! Give my treasures back to me!”

“I’m sorry, Martha, but your wrong. I remember putting the boxes in the trunk of your car before you left for work. The same as almost every other year. What are you trying to pull, Martha?”

Martha sobbed.

“Oh, god! Why are you doing this to me? I know you’re angry, but why would you be this awful to me?”

“It’s amazing that you refuse to take any responsibility for your fucked up life. Goodbye, Martha.”

I hung up the phone.

I decided to reach out to everyone who’d called. I phoned them with the same message, ‘Martha is trying to cause problems as our court date approaches.’ I’m not sure if anyone believed me, but I was positive no one had proof that I had the figurines.

Our divorce was finalized fourteen months after I filed. Martha fought it at every turn and threw up roadblock after roadblock. She also got the police and insurance investigators involved in the disappearance of her Nativity scene. My only comment on the matter was, ‘As I recall, I put all twenty four boxes of figurines into the trunk of Martha’s car.’ I would’ve been shocked if anyone believed me, but they couldn’t prove I took Martha’s family heirloom.

Martha and I saw each other a few times a year at events hosted by our children. We were respectful of each other, but tried to keep our distance.

++++++

Fourteen years after our divorce, I found out Martha had been fighting a losing battle with an aggressive form of breast cancer. As Martha’s days were coming to a close, my daughter called and asked if I’d visit her mother.

When I entered her hospice room the next day, Martha was sleeping. I watched her for almost an hour and had to fight back tears on a number of occasions as I took a walk down “Memory Lane.”

I must’ve been day dreaming because she startled me.

“You were right, you know.”

I looked up at the smiling face of my only bride and smiled back.

“Of course. I was always right, but out of curiosity, what are you talking about?”

Her smile flickered as she spoke.

“You told me that my love for you would turn to hate by the end of the divorce. After all of the awful things I did to you and our family, I’m embarrassed to tell you I hated you for a long time.”

“Right back at you, Martha!”

Her smile came back, and we chuckled together.

“Chris, do you still hate me?”

I thought for a moment.

“No. For me, hate takes too much energy. I didn’t have the strength after a while. How about you?”

Martha had started to nod in agreement before I finished my sentences.

“I agree. After a while, hate isn’t worth the effort.”

We talked for close to two hours. I was finishing a very old story about when our kids were young, and when I looked up, I saw Martha had fallen asleep. My first inclination was to leave, but I reconsidered when I realized that, in all likelihood, it’d be the last time I’d see her alive.

Martha and I continued reminiscing after she woke up from her hour long nap. We were laughing together like fools as our son (Brian), his wife (Sue), and our three grandchildren walked in. I could instantly tell that Brian was pleased that I was visiting his mom.

I didn’t stay much longer as I wanted Brian and his family to have Martha’s undivided attention. I said my goodbyes and gave Martha a soft kiss on the lips.

As I turned toward the door, Martha called out to me.

“Chris. Can I ask you a favor?”

After I gave her a short nod of agreement, Martha looked at Brian.

“Would you give your dad and me a moment of privacy?”

Brian and Sue gathered up their kids and made a quick exit. When the two of us were alone, Martha continued.

“I’d like Brian’s family and Rose’s family to alternate displaying the Nativity scene on Christmas. Do you think you could help make that possible?”

*** Black Friday 2018 ***

While many families spent the Friday after Thanksgiving looking for bargains at the local mall, my family spent the day at my daughter’s home. Rose’s family, along with her brother Brian and his family, and Pops (Me), spent the day decorating the house.

Candles and wreaths went on each window, lights went on the bushes that surrounded the front yard, and Christmas-themed knick knacks were spread throughout each first floor room.

We all agreed that the showcase decoration was in Rose’s family room. We decorated two large, twelve foot trees and put a straw covered table between them. In front of the table, three rows of poinsettias provided a protective barrier, and scattered over the top of the table were the twenty-four pieces of Martha’s Nativity scene.

Before I left for the evening, Brian and Rose joined me as I took one last look at the figurines. Tears rolled down my cheek when I remembered Martha, so many years ago, as she stood in front of the display, crying and saying it was her happy place.


12