Silver Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rayner's pained cry had the others whirling in shock. Denthor was re-sheathing a large knife as Rayner held tightly to his shoulder from where blood fell freely, the scientist held his gun in his free hand. Lachlan and Uist had both drawn their weapons, Theophilus moving to hold his injured brother.

"You have a choice, Lachlan," Denthor said smiling. "Continue in my employ or become panthursa fodder."

"Consider this my resignation," the cat-man tried to discharge his gun, but nothing happened.

"I thought you might prove to have morals and I was correct. I'm afraid the only working weapon here is mine," Denthor said conversationally. "In addition, I have disabled the shuttle so it won't take off, nor can you use shuttle to ship communications. It's just us and the panthursa. Or rather," he added as a bloodcurdling shriek sounded, nearer than the last cry, "you and the panthursa." He ascended a tree and peered down at the group watching their reactions. "I will, of course, re-edit what I film. I will capture your tragic demises and escape by the same fortune that has always dogged my footsteps."

"It will be coming after me," Rayner said. "You don't all need to be endangered."

"I will not leave you, now move, my brother," Theophilus insisted as he pulled Rayner into a run. Lachlan and Uist both glowered at Denthor through the dense foliage.

"We will survive," Uist growled furiously.

"And then we will come for you," Lachlan vowed.

"Run, little kittens, run," Denthor laughed.

Theophilus was urging Rayner to where he could see rock above the trees.

"They cannot climb, my brother," he said. "Once we are high enough we can await our rescue."

"Tristam won't take long," Rayner panted. "He felt my pain even before I reached out to him."

The four crashed through foliage into a clearing and quickly assessed the rock face before them. It was quite sheer for eight to ten feet and then more outcrops for hand and foot holds were apparent. Rayner viewed it with a heavy heart. His mountain scaling skills were poor even when he wasn't disabled with an injured shoulder.

"I will go ahead," Theophilus said reaching to hold onto the rock where Rayner would swear nothing existed. "I will pull Rayner if you can push him," he said to the cat-men.

Not for the first time, Rayner rued his lack of climbing skills. Effectively, Uist and Lachlan lifted him for Theophilus to hold until they climbed a little higher and repeated the process. The inhuman shrieks were nearing rapidly and Rayner could feel his heart begin to thunder.

"Panic is our enemy, little one," Uist growled. "Remain calm, I will not allow it to harm you or our brother."

"Nor will I," Lachlan added. "I swear by my standing as a PrideHome Warrior that if by life or death I can protect you I will."

"Keep going," Theophilus commanded to the cat-men, his eyes fixed on the beast surging through into the clearing. "I will distract the creature."

Not giving either of the bigger men an opportunity to argue, he moved sideways away from the group. He pulled out his knife and, gritting his teeth, drew the blade against his forearm, shaking the limb as his blood flowed. His strategy worked.

Almost too well.

The huge body swung its attention away from the group to the single prey. The unknown creatures had a scent he did not recognise and his curiosity had been piqued, but then the scent of blood had reached him. This blood sang a song he knew not and was of a sweetness that proved irresistible. All prey ran, but few succeeded in escaping him. The upward ground was not of the kind he could walk on and he roared his anger. Then a different smell had assailed him; another new song and even sweeter scented than the first. This one would not escape him. He drew back his body and sprung, claws extended to catch at the prey's lower limbs.

Theophilus gasped as sharp claws raked his heel. If he'd been a fraction slower, they would have imbedded in his calf and he would be panthursa food. He ignored the burning sensation and locked his eyes on the safety of the ledge and what appeared to be a cave mouth his family and Lachlan had reached. It was sufficiently high to avoid even leaps by the creature and wide enough for them all. He ignored the small shelf just above him. He began to move towards them. As he moved higher, a laser cut into the rock above him. He heard the cries of denial from his family as his fingers scrabbled desperately for a hold as he slid down unforgiving stone. He gave a grunt of pain as the foot already injured by the panthursa's claws wedged into rock and then his fingers tightened onto a barely there handhold and his right foot found purchase. He didn't try to move, allowing his body to settle and tried to breathe calmly.

"Well done, Theophilus," Denthor's hated voice rang from the sanctuary of the trees opposite the small mountain. "How long do you think you can maintain that hold?"

"Long enough," Theophilus muttered determinedly.

"Theophilus," Uist's voice reached his ears. "If we distract Denthor..."

"No, Uist, do not endanger yourselves for me," Theophilus said quickly. "My left foot is caught in the rock, I cannot move. Once I lack strength enough to hold myself against the rock I will fall, but my foot will remain trapped." He sighed, not wanting to continue. He didn't need to, it was obvious. If he lost his grip and remained jammed in the rock by his foot, his ankle would snap, he would be upside down and the distance between him and the panthursa would be reduced by over seven feet. More than close enough for the beast to jump and be able to reach him.

"We cannot await Tristam arriving," Uist said. "We don't know how long Theophilus can hold or if Denthor will allow him to remain in safety. I will morph and take on the beast. That should prove enough of a distraction for this madman."

"I will go with you," Lachlan said. "I may not be able to morph, but I am strong."

"Lachlan, whilst Uist changes bind my shoulder tightly. I will get across to Theophilus. If I can hold him till the others arrive..."

"It is done," Lachlan growled. He tore his tunic to provide the binding Rayner needed and then prepared himself mentally for the challenge ahead.

Denthor watched fascinated as Uist's shape shifted. There had always been rumours about PrideHomers and their secret abilities. He rubbed his hands gleefully. Things were turning out even more profitably than he'd anticipated. He spared a quick glance to where Rayner was edging towards the trapped blond. Theophilus was going nowhere, except into waiting panthursa jaws. He decided to ignore what Rayner was doing in favour of the battle before him.

Theophilus heard savage sounds and angled his head to see the ledge that had once held his family was now empty. Slender hands caught his wrists in a determined grip and he twisted slightly to see Rayner's pale face looking down from the small shelf he'd ignored earlier.

"Try to hold on Theophilus," Rayner begged. "Tristam is coming, he's very close. Please try to hold on."

"I promise I will try," Theophilus vowed. He tried to ignore the aches in his shoulders, the throbbing of his ankle and the creeping numbness in his fingers. Instead he focused on the look of love and concern in expressive chocolate orbs and held on tight.

****

Tristam, Xavier and Sholto crashed into the clearing; their guns raised, and witnessed another battle between the beast of PrideHome's past, Lachlan and the panthursa. Three sets of teeth and claws raked and slashed before the two sides broke apart again to glare balefully at each other. Lachlan was clearly near exhaustion and Uist was showing signs that he had been injured. As the three men brought their guns to bear on the great beast, twin cries of fear reached Tristam's ears as a laser shot struck at the mountainside. Looking upward they saw Rayner and Theophilus and Tristam's gasp was echoed by Xavier's

"Drop your weapons or your boys will die," Denthor's voice came behind them.

Sholto watched Tristam to see which tree the big blond identified as where Denthor was hidden.

"Theophilus' foot is trapped," Rayner's frightened voice reached Tristam's sensitive ears. "I'm sorry. I was so focussed on keeping hold of him I didn't hear you approach."

Tristam flung his gun away and the others copied his action. The loss of his husband and the husband of the man at his side was not acceptable. They would have to find another way to defeat both the beast and the clearly insane adversary hiding in the trees.

"I'll see if I can reach them, Tristam," Sholto's voice whispered. "Denthor won't be concerned with me climbing the mountain as I'm no danger."

Tristam nodded and he and Xavier slowly walked to join Uist and Lachlan.

Denthor watched the group split. He grinned like a spoilt child. Sholto would be of little use in a battle against the panthursa, but to watch Tristam and the reptilian would be fascinating. Let the boy join the others. He was particularly interested in the beast Uist had become. That would prove a profitable area of study. He watched avidly as Tristam clearly began to issue orders and rally his men. Denthor hugged himself with excitement. This had turned out so much better than expected.

Sholto was as talented as Uist and Theophilus when it came to climbing. He ascended quickly to reach his stricken brothers. He braced himself behind Theophilus, but it was almost immediately apparent he could do nothing to free the blond. Instead he took Theophilus' knife and crawled up alongside an exhausted Rayner. He cut strips of material from his tunic.

"This is going to hurt, Rayner," he warned, "but I think you are both at the last of your endurance. This is all I can think of."

"Do it," Rayner said through gritted teeth. "I will not lose him now."

Moving swiftly, Sholto bound the two slender men together at their wrists. It was only just in time, the blond's finger's finally unable to support his weight any longer. "I am going to take care of Denthor," Sholto hissed angrily. He edged away from his brothers and with an agile leap, moved from mountain to tree and vanished from sight.

On the ground, Tristam had his men ready for another attack by the panthursa. As the great beast roared its fury, the four men answered it with a bellow of their own. As they converged, Lachlan's claws managed to rake above the beast's eyes, sending blood to impair its vision. Uist's larger claws finally penetrated through the dense fur of the panthursa's shoulder, weakening one front limb. Xavier's tail lashed at the creature's hind limbs, but was unable to take it down. But it was now wounded and more wary and moved back a little from the group.

"Excellent, gentlemen," Denthor's disembodied voice floated down. "However, I do rather think four on one is too many for my panthursa. I hope to make a study of the primal beast Uist has become so he may remain. My choice was between my disloyal bodyguard and the reptilian as I think I'd like to see you battle the beast, Tristam. But then a battle between a powerful mammal and a determined lizard is equally appealing. Decisions, decisions..."

A scream cut off any further taunts and the scientist fell from the tree to land heavily in front of Tristam. Denthor gazed in shock at the knife protruding from his sternum and reached slowly to pull it free. He saw the look on Tristam's face as the blond stepped further away from him and he started to turn, a second scream on his lips. The scream was cut short as the panthursa crushed his skull with one massive swipe.

Tristam and the beast locked eyes. The panthursa scented the prey he had taken down. It was like the first new song, but not so sweet, certainly not as sweet at that which had remained so alluringly just out of his reach. However, he'd never been challenged for prey before, nor had he been hurt before. He issued a roar and waited. This time, none came back. His head swung back toward the mountain and low growls reached his ears. So be it. Turning back, the beast's jaws clamped in his prey and he rose to his full height, lifting then carrying the carcass with ease.

As it vanished from sight, Sholto dropped from the tree, a look of grim satisfaction on his face.

"Sometimes the real monster is the one that hides inside," he said looking at the destroyed visor laying crushed in the grass.

"Take care of Uist," Tristam said to Xavier. "I need to get to Rayner and Theophilus."

"I will go with you," Lachlan huffed.

The two youthful men were unconscious by the time they were reached. With Sholto's assistance, Tristam and Lachlan were able to free Theophilus' foot, both wincing at the sight of the bone that had penetrated through pale skin. As frail as the blond looked, he had an inner strength that rivalled any of that of the three alpha males aboard Silver. Silently both men acknowledged his feat of endurance. Carefully the injured men were carried to Xavier who began to treat them immediately. Tristam was pleased to see Uist had transformed back and now lay recovering from both the shape-shift and the attack. Sholto dropped to sit on the floor and cradled his husband's head in his lap. As he did, Lachlan dropped to his knees, in the same submissive pose Uist had adopted earlier aboard Silver, before Tristam and the couple.

"I am truly sorry for my behaviour aboard your ship and for the unsettling effect it had on Uist," Lachlan said. "I am willing to accept any punishment you deem fitting, Uist," he added meeting the blue gaze of the other PrideHomer.

"I am unable to offer you forgiveness, not for the effect your actions had on me, but for the hurt it caused to those I love. However, you helped me protect those that needed it when it mattered and upheld the Warrior code. As such I do not need to see you punished."

"Let's just return to Silver," Tristam said. "Let's get our hurt ones home and we can discuss things when safe."

****

Once safely ensconced aboard Silver, Tristam left Rayner and Theophilus to rest and heal under the watchful eye of Xavier. He had seen an exhausted Uist be ushered by a protective Sholto towards their quarters and smiled tiredly at the memory as he entered the ship's bridge. He had also sent Lachlan to rest, not wanting to deal with the other man at that time. He would make a report to their Papa, knowing the older man would be waiting for information. He had Xavier's promise that as soon as Rayner began to waken he would be called; although it was more likely their psychic link would alert him of his young husband's return to consciousness. He settled himself in the command chair and issued his instructions to the ships AI.

In their quarters, Sholto lovingly stripped his larger mate. The powerful body was bruised, scraped and scratched, but considering the size of the beast he had challenged, Uist was comparatively unscathed. Sholto carefully anointed the worst of the hurts with a soothing, healing salve, the others he intended to give more personal attention. Straddling his lover, Sholto kissed each mark he found from jaw to well-defined pectorals. Here he paused in his mission to pay homage to pink-brown nubs that peaked eagerly under his ministrations and he suckled contently for a moment or two. Reluctantly abandoning the pebbled nipples, he kissed downwards and across the well-defined six-pack that now had several jagged scratches marring the perfect physique. Scuttling to the base of their bed, Sholto began his tender kissing from Uist's feet up to the crease of groin and thigh. His husband's arousal lay hard across his stomach. A silver pool indicated the level of his desire, as did the harsh, ragged breathing from the bigger man. As Sholto laved across the furred sac, Uist bent his legs and spread them for his lover. Kneeling between the wide-flung limbs, Sholto bent low and began to lick at the entrance to Uist's body. Low, soft purrs of pleasure emanated from the cat-man and Sholto applied himself diligently to his mate's needs alternating swipes across the musky aperture with short stabbing thrusts inside. A sharp tug to his hair brought the younger man out of his own haze of pleasure and he gazed into burning amber eyes.

As much as Uist was enjoying being pleasured, the older man wanted to pleasure his mate. It took several tugs to Sholto's curls before his lover looked up and Uist felt seared by the look of love in sapphire eyes that had darkened to resemble smouldering jet. Uist rolled their bodies to loom large over his smaller husband. He nipped at the exposed throat, growling his approval as Sholto bared more to the dominant male. Uist suckled hard, Sholto would bear at least one mark of possession when they arose from sleep. He nuzzled at his mate's furred chest, sucking at one irresistible nub then the other until Sholto writhed and mewled beneath him.

"Please, Uist," he begged. "Don't tease. I need you, I want you, take me."

Uist's nostrils flared as he took in the heady scent of his aroused and needy mate. His primitive side silently bellowed its approval. Uist roared aloud as Sholto slid his arms under his knees spreading himself wide, offering himself to the alpha male in a gesture of deliberate vulnerability and conscious submission. The cat-man had every intention of claiming his lover; his beautiful, intelligent, brave young lover. Uist's head dropped and his tongue thrust powerfully into Sholto's body, the unexpected move causing the smaller man to scream and then pant wetly. As Uist moved from wetting, tasting and teasing the tiny puckered opening, Sholto whined his distress and then mewled pleasurably as two slick digits slid into his aching void.

As his fingers delved and possessed, Uist's lips and teeth explored and enjoyed. They tasted the sweat-damp throat, feasted on juicy cinnamon nubs, licked at liquid passion pooling at the furred abdomen before finally sucking slowly at the engorged head of Sholto's sex to a low guttural moan. Uist's tongue probed insistently at the tiny slit to encourage more of the salty-sweet milk. As much as Uist wanted to drink more than just the enticing elixir of Sholto's pre-come, the older man knew they were both too tired for extended loveplay. He reached for their oil and, slicking a third finger, quickly and carefully ensured Sholto was ready to be entered. He draped the younger man's calves over his shoulders and surged forward in a carefully measured thrust. His mouth swallowed his mate's cry as the tight muscle was breached and hard, thick flesh burrowed into searing velvet heat. Almost immediately, Uist sent up a hard fast pace, repeatedly pounding his lover's sweet spot and relishing the way the smaller man thrashed in sexual abandon.

Lips met, teeth clashed and tongues duelled in a battle neither man could lose. As Sholto panted and gasped between kisses, his bigger mate nipped and sucked at his throat, shoulder and collarbone to leave more marks of passion and possession. Sholto relished the yowl from his lover as he began to tighten and relax his internal muscles trying to drive Uist to completion. He issued his own ululation as a knowledgeable hand reached between their sweat-slick bodies and began to fist his needy flesh hard and fast. They groaned and panted as they each pushed the other closer and closer to their destination and, with a synchronised howl; they both came with an explosive intensity. Sholto moaned wantonly as his lover's liquid heat flooded his body, filling him with the physical evidence of his love. He could hear and feel Uist's purrs in his ear as his clenching channel milked every drop of Uist's precious seed. He felt his own completion pulse repeatedly hot and wet between them until both were fully satiated.

Uist carefully rolled their bodies to ensure he didn't crush his replete mate, but made no attempt to withdraw from the intimate connection. Within seconds of his climax, Sholto was sleeping soundly Uist still buried within him and the cat-man simply held his precious bundle safe and close until he too slipped into a healing rest.