Silver Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think credit signs made him speak without thinking," Sholto said. "He was almost unable to take his eyes off our brother to form coherent speech. Anyway, we therefore thought it best to remain in the bar of Barlok, who seemed affable enough, and stick to being there in pairs over the next several days. We can make covert notes of all who visit the bar and, between the three of us, be there during its opening hours."

"You have given things a great deal of thought and discovered some interesting sidelines for us to follow up on," Tristam said, nodding approvingly at them each in turn. "You are all certain you want to go ahead with this? No one wants to step back a little and follow up other leads?" Tristam was not surprised when all three insisted they wished to focus on their prime miscreant. "Ok then," he smiled grimly. "We go ahead as you've outlined and Darius will select undercover agents for the other bars as well as someone to follow up this other man. What was his name again?" he asked Sholto.

"Lokai," the auburn-haired young man said, his voice laced with distaste.

****

In their nest, Xavier diligently loved his beautiful mate. His tail was deep in tight, slick heat, its tip caressing Theophilus' sensitive jewel. His tongue encircled the head of the smooth arousal, the forked organ flicking rhythmically over the rosy flesh to mewls of pleasure and delight as the blond thrashed wildly. His golden hair was spread luxuriantly over the cushions and pillows catching a myriad of colours from the lamps Xavier had lit. A delicate pinch to a reddened nipple sent Theophilus over the edge, Xavier's name on his kiss-swollen lips. Carefully, Xavier's formidable maw swallowed all Theophilus could offer.

"Beautiful," the reptilian husked. "So very, very beautiful." His large hands swept lovingly over heated skin to wordless murmurs of appreciation. Xavier could see his beloved was completely spent from the intensity of his climax. He gave a mental frown. His young mate was tiring too easily. He was concerned Theophilus was pushing himself too hard. His tongue slid over the blond's throat. Even his taste seemed to be subtly altered. He cradled Theophilus to his chest. "Be safe, my heart," he whispered. "Come home into my arms where you belong." He carded a hand through the blond mane, pressing random kisses to his mate as he did, not wanting to waste a moment of time with the most precious thing in his life. He would catch up on his rest the next day. For now he intended to drink deep of his husband's beauty and enjoy the feeling of the sated, soft and warm body in his embrace.

****

Rayner and Theophilus sat as unobtrusively as possible in Barlok's bar. Theophilus wore a mantle to hide his tresses. Although the young men had dressed dowdily, in an effort to appear needy, their beauty was unmistakable. Rayner gave a small smile at remembering Barlok's warning that Theophilus was a rare catch and suggesting someone else be found to take his place. Theophilus coughed discreetly as he saw the barman scurrying over, a tray of fresh drinks in his hand.

"I've had a very good shout your man is both in town and has cargo. The Sheik is renowned to be both a successful trapper as well as courier."

"Trapper? Courier?" Theophilus queried as he took the drinks from the tray.

"'Tis easy enough to catch prey, the men and women that is," Barlok explained. "Couriering them to their destination 'tis the more dangerous. 'Tis where the bigger money is made."

"So the man we seek is both." Rayner said. "The sooner he's stopped the better."

"Others have tried before, my brother," Theophilus warned.

"Your friend here would be worth a King's ransom," Barlok said thumbing in Theophilus' direction. "I'm glad ye at least covered his hair."

"There would be instant retribution if any tried to harm Theophilus," Rayner warned. "Apart from being under the protection of Elite membership, he has a husband and Protectors who would deal with would-be kidnappers." Rayner was not sure whether Barlok was warning or coveting. In this place it seemed friendship was bought and sold, just another commodity to trade.

"Just making sure ye know what you're doing, boys," Barlok said, shaking his head. "There's those around here would sell their grannies to slavers if 'twould earn them the price of another round of drinks, or the price of a ride out of this station. Young boys like you shouldn't be here. 'Tis dangerous enough for those that know the place and call it home, 'tis not for the likes of ye."

Rayner could not help but smile as Barlok went back to the bar, shaking his head.

"Perhaps I misjudge him," Rayner said softly.

"He seems inoffensive, but so many eyes watch us, my brother. I feel it." Theophilus sipped carefully on the fruit juice he had selected. Some things made him queasy quickly and he was having difficulty selecting what was and was not safe here. It was not a good option, the taste too tart, and Theophilus eyed distastefully where the bathrooms were located.

"Not alone," warned Rayner. "We get fresh drinks on our return."

Theophilus felt miserable as he pushed back his tresses and wiped at his face. He was almost never nauseous and it left him feeling shaky. He flushed the less than clean facility and then stepped outside the stall. He frowned as he did not see Rayner. He moved towards the sink and glanced into the dirty, stained mirror. The reflected sight of his friend on the floor had him whirling with a distressed cry but, even as his hand sought his weapon, he felt the dart penetrate his throat and he dropped soundlessly to the floor.

"Two for one," the robed and turbaned figure rasped as he appeared from his place crouched above an empty stall. "Lokai has earned a bonus." He removed the wrist communicators with a barked laugh, dropping them contemptuously to the floor. He slung the blond over a shoulder and the brunette he tucked under an arm. He exited as he had entered, via a door that appeared secured from the inside.

Barlok glanced over to the table where the boys should be sitting. They still had not returned. A cold dread washed over him. He hurried to the washrooms and stared inside. Two communicators lay on the floor. As he looked at them he felt a cool breeze on his back and turned with a soft moan of denial. His shoulders slumped as he went to retrieve the discarded equipment and then to the bar to make a call.

****

Barlok had been discomfited at the menacing presence of the big blond human male and more than nervous by the attitude of the PrideHomer, but it was the Phixian, whose species he had only ever seen as placid, who terrified him. The great lizard pacing angrily, tail lashing, frill raised and vermillion, whirled on him once more.

"Are you certain you saw and heard nothing?" the reptilian demanded.

"If you have played any part in the abduction, I will kill you ... slowly," the PrideHomer hissed in his ear, turning Barlok's bowels to water. He shook his head frantically, his mouth too dry to speak. He had no doubt the threat would be made good and he could almost feel sorry for whoever was involved.

Almost. Because he would gladly have given these men a name, if he had one, to save himself.

The three males had combed every inch of his washrooms, but had come away empty-handed. He had, however, overheard them muttering about a vaguely familiar scent, but one they were unable to place. Barlok wanted to appease them. He wanted to be as far away from them as possible.

"I had a good call the Sheik was in town. I told them to be careful. Such pretty ones'd turn anyone's head," Barlok began to babble. "No one knows his name. He's a dangerous man. I've heard he's killed many who tried to take him in. I'm sure the reason he hides behind that turban is as much to hide his scar ..." As Barlok gabbled on he ran a hand diagonally down his face in imitation of a jagged mark. If he had been terrified before, there was no word to describe his level of fear as the human and PrideHomer threw back their heads uttering inhuman cries of fury and the shriek that came from the Phixian was a sound Barlok prayed he never heard the likes of again. He was certain he would hear those sounds in his nightmares for months to come. As the three flew from his premises, the PrideHomer's voice was the last he heard and it turned his marrow to ice.

"He is a dead man."

****

Theophilus awoke slowly. As consciousness returned, he remembered what had happened to him and Rayner. He could hear no one else in the room and opened his eyes carefully. He felt light-headed and nauseous, each seeming to fuel the other. The drug was clearly taking a long time to clear from his delicate system. He sat up, holding his stomach as it protested the motion. He was surprised to find he was in a sleeping quarters. He had expected to be in a cell. His hair had been freed from its mantle, but nothing else seemed out of place. He stared with disgust at the clothing laid out next to him; a gold chest harness and a diaphanous gold kilt. The kind of clothing a pleasure slave would wear. He swept them to the floor angrily. Nothing would induce him to wear such items.

The door opened and the Sheik entered. He began to unwind the turban as Theophilus watched him as a bird would a snake.

"It has taken a long time to have you in my bed," he said, his voice muffled, yet frighteningly familiar to the blond.

"Marcellous," Theophilus gasped as the black cloth fell away to reveal the man beneath. The younger male felt his stomach rebel at the sight and he clutched at it, giving a soft moan of both distress and pain.

"Your consorting with inferior species, like the humans, has made you weak," Marcellous huffed impatiently. "I will need to build your resilience."

"I want nothing from you," Theophilus replied, forcing himself to stand and move away from the bed. "I will do nothing you desire."

"Oh but you will," Marcellous said silkily. "You may not want to, or even enjoy it to begin with, but I have tools, toys and drugs at my disposal back home. You will be willing enough ... eventually."

Theophilus could scarcely believe he was hearing such things and his head shook mutely as his lithe frame shook with shock.

"You were the most beautiful of my sons, and the most pliant," Marcellous said. "My plan was to allow you to marry and then your spouse would meet with an untimely accident. No one on Drega would question you returning to your father under such tragic circumstances. From there to my bed, where I would have comforted you, and thence to working alongside me. You turn the heads of many species. That would be valuable in my ... alternative trades. I may still be able to use you in that way, once you're trained."

"My family will come after me," Theophilus said bravely, trying to quell the icy fear at Marcellous callous words.

"I'm sure they will. In fact, I'm counting on it."

Theophilus looked stunned.

"I dose my cargo with a little concoction that permanently wipes three to five days of memories. Pretty little Rayner won't remember whether you were with him on the transport or not. I will make sure word reaches the right ears for him to be found. A few judicious words in avaricious circles and the news of a Dregan on the market will spread like wildfire. Of course, you will never be there. Your precious 'family' will simply waste their time trying to find you, when you will be nice and safe back home on Drega."

Theophilus' head dropped. It seemed his father had planned this as immaculately as their early encounter. However, Marcellous did not know everything and the blond made sure he kept his stance submissive, as if resigned to his fate.

"Might I spend some time with Rayner, father?" he asked, raising his eyes just a little, dredging his memories for those things in his childhood that had earned him affection or cooperation from the silver-haired man.

"But of course. I would not deny you your opportunity to say farewell." Marcellous said magnanimously. "Not that your 'brother' will remember. Your wrists, child," he commanded.

Theophilus walked forward, keeping his head bowed, and meekly held out his wrists. There was no point fighting here and now. He knew he was still weak and dizzy. There would be time when he was stronger. There *had* to be.

****

Rayner, along with the other half dozen captives, looked up from their cell floor as Marcellous brought the manacled Theophilus. The brunette's heart ached at the look of defeat and exhaustion on the blond's face. Their cell was locked by thick metal-barred gates, rather than an electronic field, but it occurred to him that it might be harder to explain such a large, secure space. It seemed likely that the metal gates could be removed, when there was no cargo, leaving open space that no one would question. At the snapped command, they shuffled back. Their hands, like Theophilus, were manacled, but the chain was attached to their manacled ankles.

"You have a day to make your farewells," Marcellous said silkily, as he locked the gate behind the blond.

Theophilus waited till he could no longer hear his father's footsteps.

"You are unhurt, my brother?" he asked anxiously. "And these young ones are well?"

"We're all fine," Rayner assured. "He takes very great care not to damage the merchandise. Are you...?"

"I am unhurt and ... untouched. Although he has ... plans."

"They're coming, Theophilus," Rayner said emphatically. "You know that don't you?"

"I know," Theophilus smiled. "His intent is to drug you and the others so you will not remember me being here. Let word reach our family of where to find you and for them to assume I would be there also whilst he takes me to Drega."

"Not going to happen," Rayner assured.

"I have to get free. I have to stop him. I cannot let his taint be a part of me."

"It isn't, Theophilus," Rayner began, but stopped as Theophilus made a halting confession. "Oh, Theophilus," Rayner continued. "You should have told us sooner," the brunette said, wishing he could hug the blond. "You shouldn't have had to deal with this alone."

"I could not. It was important to show I belonged with you. Now it is important I do something to stop Marcellous. You do understand?" he asked.

Rayner gazed up at the beautiful face on which were etched tiredness, concern and a tinge of hope and he nodded, smiling.

"I understand, but you must take no unnecessary risks. They are close, my brother," Rayner said, closing his eyes and his smile widening. "Very close."

"I can unfasten the manacles and maybe the gates, too," a young, beautiful woman offered. "If you promise to help us escape," she added.

"We'll return everyone to their families or take them to a place of safety," Rayner said. He and Theophilus then stared as she manipulated her wrist until a small piece of metal wire appeared. She then used her teeth to pull it free. Rayner could see the sight had made the blond queasy. "Theophilus sit down a while," he said concerned. "This will take several minutes."

The blond obeyed. The smell of the place, its oppression and the sight of the wire being teased from frail flesh had made him feel ill. He longed to feel his husband's strong arms around him. He closed his eyes, dropping his head onto his knees and wishing he was safe with Xavier, remembering just how loved he was.

****

Aboard 'Silver', Xavier was checking the medical facilities, ensuring anything and everything he might need was exactly where he knew to find it. He found it impossible to just sit on the command deck. An unscheduled use of the medical computer had him run off the last reading. He stared at it. He threw back his head, his roar echoing around the rooms and he raced to his family.

Tristam, Uist and Sholto were stunned by the reptilian's appearance and his agitated state.

"Xavier, what is it, what's wrong?" Tristam asked worriedly.

"Theophilus," Xavier husked dryly. "My beloved. He carries our child. He is pregnant." The lizard looked at each of his stunned family, before an agonised howl broke free from Uist.

Tristam grasped the reptilian's arm.

"We will reach them in time. I swear it," he said. He glanced at Uist and Sholto. Both men's fingers flew over 'Silver's' controls and he felt a surge as the ship's speed increased.

The images of two PrideHomers appeared onscreen. The older was Uist's sire, Willis, the younger his sibling Steffen. Uist had wasted no time in declaring Bloodfeud on Marcellous when they had realised he was the Sheik they sought. He had immediately contacted his sire, who had been en route to Earth and the older PrideHomer had instantly changed course and was now closing in on Marcellous from a lateral direction. At the news concerning Theophilus the older male growled menacingly.

"If he harms my son or my first grandchild I will make him beg for death," he rumbled. As Uist was a Protector to the Dregan, so Uist's family took the blond to their heart as if he had been born of their familial pride. Family was of great importance to PrideHomers. "We are closest to the ship you identified. We will give him the offer of surrender. Will he know, my son?" he asked of Xavier, looking with sympathetic eyes at the distraught male.

"I do not think so," Xavier said haltingly. "Theophilus would not reveal it to him for fear of Marcellous' reaction ... one way or another. It would be a potent weapon to ensure my husband's cooperation. But his body will be trying to take care of the life he carries. He will tire quickly as it devotes energy to the growing baby. Now I understand why his scent seemed subtly different, his hormones were changing. Why did I not see it sooner?" he moaned softly.

"For the same reason Tristam and I reacted protectively to his changed scent and did not know why. This has come as a surprise to us all. Although once he and the child are safe and well, I will speak personally to him for not telling us sooner," Uist growled, his protective instincts surging and making him agitated. He looked at his mate, as a hand squeezed his arm gently, and he reached to hold Sholto.

"He still fears Marcellous' taint," Sholto spoke up. "He was desperate to prove himself to us. He had no way of knowing how things would turn out, or who the Sheik was going to be. I don't want anyone telling him off for the way he acted. He will be consumed with guilt enough." The auburn head turned to look pointedly at the three bigger males and a loud guffaw came from the view screen.

"Well spoken, little one," Willis said. "I would agree with him."

"You are right," Xavier said. "We will need to treat him very gently. This will have taken a great toll on him."

Uist still growled, but nodded his acceptance. He doubted whether when face-to-face with his beloved brother he would be able to do anything other than hold him tightly.

****

Marcellous sat at his command console. His legs splayed wide, leggings around his ankles. His hand stroked languidly up and down a long, thick, hard length as he smiled coldly. He was looking forward to the conclusion of another successful delivery ... and the unexpected bonus that had come into his possession. He growled angrily as he was alerted to the presence of another ship heading towards him and its desire to contact him. He stood, yanking his leggings back up and stuffing his still-erect penis inside. His tunic hid his arousal and he flicked on his communications. It had always paid not to arouse undue attention by refusing to accept calls. However, the image that would appear on the other ship's view screen was not his. He stared at the face of a PrideHomer, one that seemed vaguely familiar. This was something completely unexpected. The Dregan frowned. He disliked surprises.

"I am Willis, sire to Uist who is Protector of Theophilus. Under PrideHome law this makes Theophilus as a son to me and a part of my pride. Any attack on him, or those he holds as family, is an attack on me and mine and will be met with whatever force is deemed necessary. My firstborn has invoked Bloodfeud. If the boy is aboard your vessel, and has suffered any harm, blood will be avenged. I offer you the opportunity to stop and surrender. "