Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 13

Story Info
Dragon Wars Enhanced Edition 2021.
6.2k words
4.78
5.4k
7
0

Part 13 of the 50 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Silvertree Chronicles Book One, Chapter 13, The World Awaits (Dragon Wars Enhanced Edition)

Synopsis: The life of Eldar Silvertree, from his graduation at the prestigious Elven Academy, and his desire to leave it behind. Only to return full circle, to shake Elven Society to the core.

***Inspired by multiple fantasy environments. Not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm April 2021. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Authors warning: This section contains scenes of incest.

Authors Note: For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer.

I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them. I originally submitted this story back in mid-2017 to mid-2018. I have worked to try and improve my writing style while struggling with this issue. I have added some editing software and written a few other stories. Now I am revising and editing this earlier work to try and bring it up to a higher standard from what I have managed to learn over the last few years.

Chapter 13 Counseling the Councils

The next morning was a later start than what they had hoped for but Eldar witnessed some Elves doing target practice with bows.

He walked up, "Do you have a moving target..." They pointed to some logs suspended in the trees. "Want to see something really impressive?"

From the back he heard Jarron's voice, "I know I would."

Jarron smiled at him. "You gained some mad skills with a bow since last we saw each other?"

Eldar laughed, "I found someone, a human, with mad skills with a bow."

Jarron looked intrigued and Charlemagne ran off to get Keyno, her horse, and her brother. They returned and they had started to gather a crowd.

He looked at Keyno, "Could you ride up to where those young Elves are, select a target and ride out to where you would like to shoot while moving?"

She nodded and got onto her horse.

He looked at Jarron, "I seem to find odd talents wherever I go. Did you see the bodies?"

Jarron nodded, "Concerning. We had been told it is all quiet along this border."

Keyno asked the students, "Please stand aside a little."

She turned her horse, rode away from the target as fast as the terrain would allow, flipped, fired, and put the arrow into the center of the target. She righted herself and rode back and retrieved her arrow. Jarron looked at Eldar, "Yes, you do seem to find talent."

Eldar looked at Tiger, "Let's see how well you do with those forked weapons. Pin his arm when he draws." He looked at Jarron, "Draw your sword like you're getting ready to be attacked." He looked at Eldar, pulled his sword, the kid pulled his weapons and let them fly one from each hand. He pinned Jarron's arm to the tree behind him.

Jarron laughed, "Yes unusual talent there. What if he does not have a tree?" Eldar asked for a practice sword and handed it to Jarron, "See for yourself, he does not need a weapon."

Eldar looked at Tiger, "Try not to hurt him too badly."

Jarron took one earnest swing at the kid who slid under the stroke, took out his legs, and stopped the side of the hand above his neck. Jarron got up, "That would have hurt."

Eldar shook his head "That would have been deadly..." He walked over to a nearby house and grabbed a log. "Tiger, show him how deadly." He tossed him the log, he caught it, sets it down, and splits it in half like an ax would.

Jarron nodded, "Point taken. Your father will be here tomorrow with a few others; early enough for the wedding as you're not having it until after dark."

Eldar nodded, "Something must have held him up. I am not surprised in the least."

Eldar looked at him and grabbed Charlemagne and Annette. They headed off to see the Elders. Eldar leaned into them, "Time to go and see the elders." They were gathered not far away having watched the demonstrations by the 2 humans they brought with them. He looked to the Elders and nodded, "We have several items to discuss."

They nodded, "Proceed."

Eldar sighed, "According to Elven law the victim of an attack is entitled to reparations. As such on the behalf of Annette Silver we're asking for the lands around the inn at the crossroads for the attack that occurred just over 30 years ago by the man building it. We spoke with her father last night and he is willing to support her claim. Is the council agreeable?"

They nodded and one of them spoke, "It's the law."

Eldar smiled, "The second question for the council. Are you willing to allow a mercenary company to operate out of this village, grow up to 200 people from multiple races?"

The council shook their heads and the same one spoke, "No, we would not."

Eldar nodded, "Let us remove that item but we will bring up an alternative shortly. We encountered our human friends on the human side of the border just 2 and a half days ago. They engaged a giant, ogre magi, 2 ogre lieutenants, and 24 orcs when we came to their aid and dispatched the group.

Not before several deaths and the destruction of 2 major businesses in the town they attacked, Rambling Rock. Jarron can confirm this. The 2 humans were part of a group going after a bounty offered for a giant. They are quite skilled as you have seen.

The other 4 members of their group are part of the dead. We gathered the bodies up and left them for Jarron as we had left days ahead of him. He was on horseback and without slow wagons, he saw the carnage we left behind."

Jarron nodded. Eldar turned back to the council, "We ask the council to turn over control of the 200 square mile stretch of lands across this area..." He pulled out the map. "In that area, we will establish a new village compromising this 40 square mile section of land; and another 40 directly across from it into the human lands."

He heard chuckling and another Elder spoke, "The humans are going to turn over that much land?"

Eldar shook his head no, "They will be turning over that much for the village, they will also be turning over control of this 200 square mile stretch across here. Giving our mercenary company a 400 square mile area to patrol, scout, monitor, and defend.

All for the war that is coming. Now I would like to table a decision by this council until after our wedding at Silent Falls, but Charlemagne has a message to deliver in this regard."

Eldar stepped back. In a trance-like state, Charlemagne spoke in a voice that was not quite her own. In a dialect he had a hard time understanding, she delivered her message to the council. There were murmurers.

He held up his hand, "Before anyone asks, we do not know the implications or even understand the message completely, we were asked to deliver it. If after the wedding suites the council?"

They nodded, "It will give us time to consider but know we do not control all of that land."

Eldar nodded, "The village of my mother controls the other part and we will leave shortly to see them as well."

They nodded, "It will give us time to think about what you have said."

They grabbed horses, Jarron, Charlemagne, Annette, Keyno, and Eldar. They rode past the group, "We will be back after I visit the village of my mother."

Jarron asked, "What happened with Charlie back there?"

Charlie smiled, "I cannot explain it. If I could, I would."

They headed down the road and past the inn, He told Annette, "The key is in place now we will just have to see if we can open the lock."

As they rode past and further down the road and located the turnoff to the village.

Eldar set the riding order, "Jarron, with me Charlemagne, Keyno, and Annette in the second rank. They rode quickly but did not charge. "We will stop when the arrows fly into the road in front of us or we're challenged directly but keep your hands on your reins and away from your weapons. This will be more confrontational."

They started riding in and they did not get very far off the road before the arrows flew into the dirt. Eldar picked up the arrows, then announced, "I'm Master Blade Singer Eldar Silvertree son of Elara Strong Oak and we're here to see your Elders. Please let them know we're approaching and our weapons will remain sheathed."

He started riding forward, Keyno asks, "A change from yesterday?"

He nodded, "Rules are different for those who are born in the village; as you're all with me you all are considered invited."

They continued and were joined by a half-dozen Wood Elves who did not look as friendly. As they rode just to within the outer edge of the village where they had to leave the horses. They walked forward and Eldar removed his gloves as they were led into the main circle where the Elders had gathered.

They were rather blunt as one in the back called out, "State your business."

Eldar nodded, "First there will be a wedding at the clearing by Silent Falls."

They shook their heads. Eldar looked back, "You were informed my mother was Elara Strong Oak, as such I have the right."

They nodded. A female Elder he did not know spoke, "Will there be other outsiders?"

He nodded, "Yes they will be coming in through the neighboring village; humans, Elves, and Half-Elves. As such they do not need access to the village. The bride is from that village."

One of the less friendly Elder Firtree stated flatly, "Then why do you bring outsiders now?"

Eldar sighed, "For the other business, I can assume you would not want a multi-racial mercenary company operating here."

They nodded. Eldar cleared his throat, "Let us remove that item but we will bring up an alternative shortly. We had an encounter on the human side of the border just over 2 days ago. A giant, ogre magi, 2 ogre lieutenants, and 24 orcs which we dispatched. Not before several deaths and the destruction of 2 major businesses in the town they attacked called Rambling Rock."

A council member asked, "How do we know this to be true?"

Eldar looked back at his group, "The human with me is quite skilled and 1 of 6 going after a bounty offered for a giant unaware of the other threat. She's 1 of 2 who survived in their group. The other 4 members of their group are dead.

We gathered the bodies up and left them for Jarron to confirm. We had left days ahead of him. He was on horseback and without slow wagons, he saw the carnage of what we killed of this force as well." Jarron nodded.

They interrupt, "How do we know the human is skilled as you say?"

Eldar waited for this opening, "Before we leave, I will have her give you a demonstration of her skill with a bow."

They laughed. "We ask the council to turn over control of the 200 square mile stretch of lands across this area..." He pulled out the map. "In that area, we will establish a new village compromising this 40 square mile section of land; and another 40 directly across from it into the human lands."

Elder Firtree that Eldar knew from his youth scoffed, "The humans won't turn over the land!"

Eldar pointed to Jarron who sighed, "Jarron Silverleaf and I work for the Queen. I have already made inquiries based upon existing treaties with the Elves and Humans; they will be turning over that much for the village they will also be turning over control of 200 square miles of land across here. Giving the mercenary company a 400 square mile area to patrol, scout, monitor, and defend."

Eldar nodded, "Now I would like to table a decision by this council until after our wedding at Silent Falls, but Annette has a message to deliver in this regard."

Annette spoke. Again, in a voice that was not quite her own either. In a dialect, he still did not understand. She delivered her message to the council.

Jaron turned to Charlie and whispered, "Again?"

Charlie just shrugged.

There were even more murmurers. Eldar held up his hand, "Before anyone asks, we do not know the implications or even understand the message completely. We were asked to deliver it. If after the wedding the council will let us know of their decision?"

They nodded. He turned, "If you wish to see the demonstration show us to your practice range."

He saw the old bow maker from his youth, and he gave him a nod, "Would you like to see her unusual bow?"

He came over and looked at the bow. "Could you craft a better quality version of this bow suitable for enchantment?"

He nodded, "If I were inclined."

Eldar nodded, "Keep that in mind as you watch the demonstration, and if on her last shot you think she's worthy of such a bow I would feel privileged and finance the construction of the bow."

He asked the bow master, "Typical range for marksman on this course?" He nodded, "100 feet is standard from the fence."

Eldar looked out, "Set a marker for a 150-feet and another for 200-feet, please. He set the markers. He walked out to Keyno, "First mark standard shot at 150 feet, then ride up to 100 feet. Turn, ride back, and fire your second shot at or past the 200 feet marker. If you would, this demonstration is important."

She dropped into her stance with the bottom of her bow resting on the ground. She drew back and nailed the center of the target. She jumped on her horse; rode forward, then turned around riding away. She flipped and fired her second shot and dropped the arrow right next to the first one. She righted herself in the saddle. Eldar walked over "When I call out can you activate the two moving targets?" They nodded.

He went over to Keyno, "You have proven your skill now let me see if I can get you something in return. They are going to activate 2 targets; one from either side. The targets will be in the middle of the logs at different ranges. I want you to use one arrow and take out the lines of the two logs when they intersect from 100 feet out. Think you can do that?" She nodded. "Let us put you into position."

Eldar yelled, "Release the logs."

She watched the first pass, took one step to her right, and crouched down. Kenyo focused her breathing as the 2 logs came in, she let her arrow go with her breath. It went right above the logs, some of the elves started laughing until the logs came back in, and from the strain, at the apex, both logs fell and dragged across the ground. Eldar walked over to the bow master and nodded.

He walked over and looked at the Keyno's bow, "I can do it but you will need to find me the right wood. You're right, she's worthy."

With that, Eldar mounted up and looked at the Elders, "I thank you for your time and consideration."

They rode out. Keyno asked, "What was that all about?"

Eldar smiled, "You just showed them you're very skilled, which could earn you an invitation as an honored guest. You could come to the village without me. Likely but not guaranteed. They will want to know and understand how you did what you did.

That, in turn, could lead to potential recruits for the mercenary group. I'm hoping to get you and your brother to join this group. Also, why I had your brother demonstrate his skills in the other village.

Word of his actions will spread, but that village is known for its archers and they are working to understand your skill with a bow as you just challenged them in how skilled you were. They learned something new. Very hard to do to a Wood Elf Archer.

Also, I find the right material and the Master Bowsmith will make you a masterwork quality version of your bow suitable for enchanting as a thank you for your time and efforts today. Just so you know a Master Elven Bowsmith is several hundred years old and hundreds of years in the making."

She smiled, "I will talk with my brother, your actions today make much more sense now, thank you."

Eldar nodded, "Do not thank me yet. We still have a wedding to get through."

They rode back to the main road but this time he stopped at the partially finished inn. He looked at Annette, "You see a good size barn in this?"

She shook her head, "I do not have your imagination. I see a disaster waiting to happen. I hope someone does not hurt themselves."

He looked back to Charlemagne, "First order of business will be a sawmill. We will need to pick up the big pieces when we're in the Capital for the return trip. Add in roofing shingles, nails, get 6 carpenters and 12 block and tackles.

Oh, I almost forgot; we will need a lot more rope, 6 saws, 100 spools of twine, and construction plans for each of the businesses we want to be built. Did you see that field of solid rock on the human side?"

She nodded, "What was that?"

Eldar smiled, "Looks like solid black granite and granite can have gemstones, perfect for building a garrison and towers...that becomes a quarry, and eventually when we're done with getting the rock; we make a small lake there to allow fishing."

She laughed, "You have such a vision for this place."

Eldar shrugged, "More hope for our race than anything else. I want our children to have a future they can be proud of."

He stopped, "Charlemagne, can you take Keyno back to the village I want to speak with Jarron and Annette for a few minutes."

She nodded and they rode off. Once they were a good way down the road, "Any word on our Drow friend?"

Jarron shook his head, "Not yet, they are being stubborn."

Eldar looked at him, "You might want to remind them who it was who cracked the pattern that found the spy. If this is time critical, we will be there inside a week, else it could be several weeks before we get around to getting back. I did say 'Could.'"

Jarron chuckled, "Playing rough with the Palace?"

Eldar smiled back at him, "It's the Wood Elf in me. What did you expect."

Jarron laughed at that, "I will see what we can do. You have more going on than your letting on."

Eldar smiled, "Never bet against me Jarron. You were briefed. I don't gamble."

Jarron shook his head and thought, "Like his father and yet very different. I know something is going on. I just don't have enough details yet to act upon anything."

They rode into the village and it was between the mid-day and evening meal and Eldar realized he had not eaten today. He looked at Annette, "Time for food! Then check on preparations for the wedding tomorrow."

Finding food was not a problem. Hunter and Eagle-eye joined the hunt for game. They found the others in Charlemagne's house and cornered her, "Which house are you staying in tonight or should I say the ladies?"

Charlie thought for a moment, "I will leave you guys here as there are more of you and we can take the ladies to my father's house."

Eldar grabbed Doc and took him upstairs, "Have you contacted anyone with your church concerning our children?"

Doc shook his head, "Why do you ask?"

Eldar looked at him, "Do you want a prediction or to take it on faith?"

He gulped, "We have been taking a lot on faith but I could stand a prediction for a change."

Eldar smiled, "Under no circumstance will you let another interject themselves into the service. They are welcome guests, but not actively involved. A church elder from your church and the church of Corellon Larethian will arrive; you have been selected to stand before us. Both Grand Clerics."

He swallows hard, "They are coming here?!"

Eldar looked at him, "I did not invite them so you want to wager money on it?"

He shook his head. "Next, the men standing with the groom will stand on the bride's side and ladies for the bride will stand on the groom's side with the nearest to me being Annette. I know it's different, but we will be celebrating our differences.

Then you won't stand between the bride and me but in front of me. During your opening, I'm going to make an outlandish request. When I do, I want you to follow through no matter what anyone says. This request is not just my request and it won't cause permanent damage to anyone. Just a few shocked people for you doing what I ask of you. Agreed?"

12