Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Heliar shook his head as they approached the house. They had a mob out front with his sergeants working to hold them at bay with a few other soldiers and House Guards.

Eldar looked at the group then at the Sergeant, "Gather your squad and escort them into the conference room. You want answers I will give them to you!"

He got off his horse and they looked at him. He gave them his sternest look, "Move Sergeant, they are going nowhere. We will talk at the conference table and we will show you the paperwork that was signed."

Eldar headed inside as his guards arrived, "Give me two minutes with my father, then bring them in."

They got around the corner, "They all signed the deal to keep us out of their mind and dealings?"

He nodded, "Effective demonstration. I did not know you had more than one. The other two were picked up today and they signed the documents as well."

Eldar chuckled, "Not until my son is born."

Heliar chuckled at that. Eldar nodded, "I will give them the same option I gave their Elders; none will take it and they will leave."

He turned to see the Sergeant approaching, Eldar pushed the doors open and flipped up on the table, and sheathed his sword into the table. Heliar had blockers going all over the estate.

He looked at his father, "Have them sit where their Elders sat yesterday."

He walked the length of the table not bothering to get off just to look down on them like they had at him for years. He looked at the woman in Ellirona's seat, "Your elder ordered the assassinations of my pregnant wives, my brother, my father, and myself. She also ordered the assassination of my Grandfather and succeeded. To make it worse she even tried to order regicide!

The pregnant Queen and her King. Your family branch has no standing with the Royal court or this house. It is disowned and all assets seized. That is the law when treason is involved. He turned to the man sitting across from her, "He just ordered the assassination of me and being held on suspicion of attempted regicide; let alone attempting the killing the head of the house as they hired the same assassin!

When the coup failed, and one of your relatives sacrificed himself by grabbing that blade, I warned them all. Any attempt on me or my family by any of them would result in them all being disowned. They signed documents acknowledging that fact. Their entire family line. You will be lucky to escape with your lives as the King and Queen could demand them. Leave all of the magical items on you and all armor or armor bracers.

Anything with a Silvertree insignia on it as there is no redemption for your two-family lines. BLADES!" His soldiers all drew weapons. "We will continue this discussion when these 2 have left in the shame of their elders. Your 2 elders walked out of here wearing nondescript cloaks. Manacles tied to a rope and following Royal Guards as they walked to the dungeon barefoot but otherwise naked.

Be glad I am letting you keep the non-magical clothes on your back. You will be inspected for magic items before leaving the compound. You will have your family out of Silvertree property today; all assets are forfeited. Personal accounts are frozen until we audit your business books to ensure no embezzling has been going on."

He waited for the two mages to check them out before they left. He looked down at the rest of them. "Your Elders accepted the terms of being disowned. Personal accounts were taken to 10,000 gold pieces for the elders, 20,000 for each offspring as of yesterday. I gave them an option yesterday which they refused to do. All they had to do was try and claim the family sword.

Knowing it would kill them for trying. You would all have your assets. They chose their own lives instead. As the firstborn or next heir, I will offer you the same option, you want it better for your sisters and brother, for your children, then take the sword and they will keep their legacy and sacrifice your own life for it.

Your elders will get nothing for being cowards and having their eldest do it for them. If you are not interested in doing this for your family branch then strip off all magical gear and leave it on the table. Your accounts will reflect a balance of 20,000 gold pieces. Enough to start a business in a village somewhere. You also have the option of continuing to work for House Silvertree as an employee.

Your access to Silvertree accounts will be terminated. You can rent the home you are in from the Silvertree family. All assets in the homes will be removed including all magical items. Now I know some of you are thinking I can hide some stuff.

I can tell you that will not work. We have human psionics in my command. Clerics with the lady of Dreams to do divination. One psion made Ellirona piss herself while she sat here naked as I told her she would.

To keep from going through your elder's minds for illegal or immoral activity, they signed that agreement. I will bring you in one by one after this is done to find out about any stolen assets and have you jailed after recovering the assets.

Then we will strip your family branch of all assets for the transgression. I have more than this one squad in town at the moment and all the guards are paid by the Gray Blades. By stripping assets, we take away the means of hiring another assassination attempt.

I have already foiled 3 of them while capturing or killing 4 assassins. I am the Knight Champion of Corellon Larethian. If you think the Gods will back you, you would be dead wrong. Any questions before you strip off that magical gear and leave? You could also grab the sword and die."

The room was quiet except for the clinking of the metal dropping from gear being removed. Eldar looked at them, "Be sure to tell the others in the family you made the same choice as your elders. Your own life is more important than your family.

Individuals can apply in 10 years and every 10 years after that with justification as to why they should be allowed to return to the family. The council of 9, a new house ruling body, will review them and give me their opinion and I will make the determination for the next 100 years.

After which it will be up to the council to vote for a new head who is not the sword wielder. I am changing house law to separate the blade from house rule. The blade is an oath to the Elven people to defend them with your very life.

I am doing what they wanted to do in the coup, but removing corruption. If you do not have the courage to take an oath like that. Like our Blade Singers are required to do. Then you have no right to try and wield this blade.

The Gods took care of that, all 10 currently active Moon Blades can only be claimed by the offspring of the current wielder. The acorn has fallen from the tree is how they put it.

The blades are free of centuries of corruption and are now fulfilling the role they were designed to do. Anyone with questions on that talk with Chalius'Vesa Goldeagle, the Royal family's new blade holder."

As soon as they walked out, Eldar looked at the sorcerers, "Anything with a Silvertree insignia, leave it. Take the rest and identify it. Tell your lieutenant about what was retrieved and they along with the sergeants will determine distribution. Do we have enough guards for the elders? If so, I need to see every Grey Blade here. This is very important."

Eldar looked to his father, "Have the number of house guards doubled at all locations to prevent looting. I want all of the rooms of these family members searched for gear. Same rules, bring me anything with a Silvertree insignia on it the rest identify and divide.

You will be busy the next couple of days, and NOT just doing this. We will be going into battle soon. Send me Captain Silver Moon and the rest of the blades. House guards can replace you. My father will work that change."

An hour later Captain Silver Moon and the rest of his current detail arrived. Eldar looked across the room, "We have an opportunity to strike a blow against our enemies' leadership directly. We would not be the only group going in. The other group will be going after the leader.

We would be guarding the escape route and dealing with any reinforcements. Potentially dealing with the second in command and his bodyguards. They will be tough. This leader hired an assassin to try and kill me. Also, more importantly, the King and Queen.

Today and tonight efforts are underway to claim all of the weapons, armor, and miscellaneous item caches these 2 assassins have. To give you an idea, just in coins and gems, it is estimated at 77 billion gold pieces. We're taking the gear, the palace is taking the coins, we will need the gear for the mission.

The palace will need funds for the upcoming war. If you find you like this kind of mission you will likely be asked to turn in your cloak when you are done. The purpose of this group is to protect the border to keep a conflict here from becoming a bigger conflict; these types of missions will occur.

This one is special. You are going to be asked and required to join another group. You could be serving both at the same time as I do. You can choose to move on with the other group and do these kinds of things all around the world.

The choice is yours; to a point, this other group can pull you just like the military. Membership comes at a price. Secrecy being one. We do not take down allies, we identify problems. We work to get them fixed as quickly and quietly as possible; especially when war is coming.

We need our allies focused on our mutual enemies, not internal politics. This will be the largest group we have looked to recruit at one time. The facts of this mission require it. Before I get into specifics, if you wish to opt out of this mission now is the time to do so.

If you are not interested in this group the door is right there. Some more of the downside for those still sitting. I alluded to earlier at some point you will be told you are needed somewhere and have to leave the Blades. The only things you have to leave behind are the cloak and a gray steel weapon if you receive one before then.

We have 200 on consignment by Sir Moon Blade, who is going on this mission. Anyone wishing to do so the door is right behind you. I will give it a few minutes if you wish to discuss it." They all looked at him and stayed in their places quietly. Eldar smiled, "I take it you are all sworn to secrecy as breaking this one will cause your death and potential global war. Last chance to head for the door."

Nobody moved after a few more minutes. He nodded, "Welcome to the Saatorixx Knights. An order formed over 7,000 years ago was created by a Silver Dragon to help mankind at the beginning of this Age. That means Dwarves, Elves, Half-elves, Halflings, Gnomes, and Humans mostly.

To help them in seeing when a situation could become another global war and try to make a potentially big conflict into a small and short conflict. That is what I am doing here. I am also setting up a training and recruitment function for the Knights.

Their number had gone down since it was reformed 800 years ago. Dragons do not get involved in political struggles and wars. Been that way since the Dragon Wars. One has broken that, not only broken it but became an undead dragon.

The second in command is one of his sons and a Half-Dragon. They are behind the Orc, Ogre, and Giants we have been seeing. We take them out then we significantly weaken the enemy and delay the war so we can get more defenses in place. We will not be going in all alone. Dragons will not interfere in our affairs, but they will go after a rogue member of their own.

Especially if we can limit their exposure to their involvement. They will not likely talk to you. They will likely not even acknowledge what they are because they will look elven when they get here tomorrow.

The assassin we captured is a Master level wizard who created a permanent teleportation circle into the main layer; the only place that you can teleport past all of the defenses and troops. Unknown by most, if not all of them. She also assisted in the creation or use of the devices used in the undead ritual.

Yesterday when I talked about psionics in our unit, I was bluffing, but we have a psionic who is not a Gray Blade working to get all of this information extracted so we can be geared up and ready for combat. Other squads are going to be asking you what the hell happened that you got all this gear? The answer is simple.

We were called upon while in the city to undertake a secret and covert mission for the King and Queen in defense of the Elven Empire. You were rewarded because it was an extremely high-risk mission! It is accurate yet vague enough. If they have questions refer them to the Queen's new Knight protector of the Elven people."

He pointed at himself. This got a few laughs. "Like I needed more crap thrown onto my plate. If the fact that the leader of this horde being a former dragon came to light it could start another Dragon War on top of everything else.

We WANT to avoid doing that at all costs. It would destroy our people as weekend as we are from years of encroachment. That means you are responsible for watching each other to ensure this information does not spread.

If a question is raised you can expect your mind to be examined to ensure you are not the leak of the information. That is not a threat, it is a fact. I will be openly recruiting more psionic talent when I find it and if we can get them to play by our rules.

I fully expect Jarron will want to pull both squads and put them into the field for the Knights across various kingdoms. That is not a bad thing, you get to travel to far off lands, meet interesting people, and kill a select few, capture a few others, it depends on the mission."

He got a few more who laughed. "Some are simple escorts of valuable people, documents, or items. I am what they call a Legacy. Both my parents were members of this group. My skill in battle, incredible observation skills, and memory skills got me to where I am today.

This town we are building, training center, utilization of the treaties formed in this mind with inspiration from my wives who lit the match and found a key to get us started. The deities' involvement became apparent after this revelation. I cannot rule out their involvement in my life since birth; they just became a lot more vocal lately..."

That statement drew a few laughs as they had all heard of his visions. He did what he wanted to do; to lighten the mood. "If this goes according to plan, we will have 4 Moon Blade wielders, a couple of dwarven sappers, and the 11of you against one Half-dragon with six bodyguards. Any questions?"

One hand went up, "When do we leave?"

Eldar smiled, "I am pulling you out of House Silvertree as soon as my father confirms he has enough house guards to deal with draining the swamp here." That got another chuckle. "I want those rooms searched; check for traps and wards.

You have your orders on what you can identify and distribute. As we get in the gear from the other locations, we will be making adjustments to have the best-equipped group going into this Ficka mess."

He rolled his eyes and got a couple more laughs. He looked at them, "Now you know why I am so intense about what I am doing. I am looking for the best talent for more than this engagement. My focus is on the fate of the Elven people, the fate of our allies, then the world in that order. My wives and children are not on the list because they sit so far above that list. Any more questions?"

Another hand went up, "Are you going to need help collecting some of this stuff?"

Eldar nodded, "Almost all of it; the gear only. The rest goes to the Queen to aid in the funding of the war. This will make 79 billion gold pieces the crown has received from my efforts since my return to the city. Before you ask, I am using money from my house account to buy gear for my troops, and build the town.

I am working on trying to find an enchanter or 2 because we could put them to work for the next 50 years." They laughed again. "I lost the first man under my command the other day and while I regret his death, I honor his sacrifice.

Half of the enemy force would have walked off the field if we had not acted and we would have lost many more. Instead, we obliterated them; his sacrifice was not in vain. I do not get the chance to talk with you like this because of how much we have grown and grown so fast. Any more questions before we all get back to work?"

He got silence on that somber note. "When my father is ready to release you, I will arrange for you to be moved to the palace district. Happy hunting my father can show you which rooms are open for searching. Father any House Silvertree gear I will leave to you to distribute to the 6 returning branches; I will talk with them when I return to our town."

Eldar grabbed his sword and smiled. He waved them out the door as he walked out with them. He got back to T'Suras and looked at his father, "You watch these guys I will head back to see the wives. Give Jarron a call and let him know we have 12 new Knights we just have 2 other Blade Holders to deal with."

Eldar traveled back to the Palace and straight to the stable. He left T'suras with his ladies but still saddled. "Fika." He walked out of the stable to the sound of him mounting the first one.

He walked out front and saw the groom and he looked a little sick. Eldar yelled out, "What is troubling you?"

The kid looked at him, "I have a message for you. Your wives left on the wagon about 30 minutes ago. They said they would be back in about an hour. They told me to give you a message."

The kid gulped in a panic. Eldar looked at him, "They said something candid to you so just say it?"

The kid sighed, "They said they had everything you needed and to stop showing off smart-ass!"

Eldar smiled, "When they return, tell them I am waiting for them. I did my showing off last night in bed! One will laugh that is Charlemagne and the other will turn red, that is Annette. Call them by name and tell them how you know which twin is which. That is me showing off."

The kid laughed. Eldar smiled at him, "Do not be scared of them just give them the message. After you tell them that last part Annette will start giggling and Charlemagne will laugh harder. One more thing, on a personal note. Never take rejection as the final answer, sometimes the solution to your problem will be outside of the city."

He walked away as the kid shook his head. He then headed inside and he saw Instructor Moon Bow. Eldar nodded to him, "You want to come with me?"

He looked at Eldar, "I received a summons from the Queen."

Eldar nodded, "I asked her to send it, something has come up. We are expecting one more."

He nodded, "Let me guess Moon Blade." Eldar smiled. "He went to find a chamber pot, he will be right back."

Eldar stepped off to the side so the Queen could see them but did not approach. Then he headed for the Queen's audience chamber. They were only outside of her chamber a few minutes when she came around the corner with her guards, they bowed to the Queen, and Eldar opened the door for her. She smiled as she started, "I still remember the last time you opened this door for me."

She giggled and walked in. Moon Bow and Moon Blade looked at Eldar.

Eldar simply smiled, "I helped her and the King through a rough period that has helped them. She is happy because now she is pregnant because of that."

They nodded and followed her into the room. She laughed at his explanation, "You also found the second spy in the palace that night after giving your father the clues as to who the first one was. Your observation skills."

Eldar nodded at her and she sealed off the room. Queen Goldeagle looks at the gentleman, "That was not the last spy he found. Two more would-be assassin spies were caught in the palace yesterday. These two have provided some insight into our enemy on the southern border.