Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eldar nodded, "The burial shroud is on the throne. I am getting ready to contact the Queen again. If you want my detail and your advisers to have this talk together?"

She nodded, "Follow me."

---

Lady Silver Hair got back to her terminal and looked at the data over the palace for the last hour and then the world to try and determine where he went. She shook her head, "Damned."

She went into Lord Regal's quarters and sealed it off, "They tried to get the lich and they found him! Most of the relics from that book are in a chest in the ether until we figure out what in the Nine Hells to do with them! He teleported out to the Far West, there is a group of Major human cities near a large volcano.

Superheated gas and it looks like he teleported inside of it. Reds and golds could withstand the heat but not the gas. Being undead it is nothing he has to worry about and we have no idea if he has a portal or another device there to move off. He could plane shift for all we know. In short no viable plan to get to him."

Lord Regal nodded "We know he is out there and we have the relics captured. Do we have any idea how to destroy them?"

She shook her head, "No! They are draconic necromancy in nature. They are Null's Greater Artifacts! If he used them then Barimus must have taught him draconic necromancy and fucking enchanting."

Lord Regal shook his head, "One theory."

She growled out, "NOT a theory. These damned rings and this bag Eldar found! Legend and Lore on the bag showed that Vexxor created the fucking thing! I checked the ring the Amethyst Queen is wearing as well. Draconic necromancy and the same fucking wizard!

Eldar stated he had more of them from the spies! He does a Legend & Lore spell on it he might figure it out, he already knew the wizard was the source of them. The other spy the elves have helped to work the transformation. Both of them knew necromancy!

She had no dragon blood but we watched her and him perform this fucked ritual in her mind. He knows Draconic necromancy and can tap into the Dragonblood he already has! All based on what we pulled from her damned head. That means a Draconic God helped them to be able to do it. We know which God because of the FUCKING ARTIFACTS!"

Lord Regal sat back for a minute, "Lord Barimus was not a champion, but a 'hero' and Null would have had to be involved to teach it to humans. We know of one Draconic champion on the field and it has destroyed 34 champions of Bahamut over the last 4,800 years that we know about. We cannot get near it without violating the treaties now.

It is not covered by the treaties but our people are. We know he is in the Far East. His exact location shielded from us when it should be in the Under Dark where it fucking belongs! Tiamat exploiting the loopholes in the damned treaty for his followers!"

Bahamut chose that moment to make an appearance, "She has not lied to you. To the elven champion, she and you both have and it needs to stop!"

Bahamut was finally freed to walk the world once his followers discerned another Dragon God was teaching draconic necromancy. Unlike the mental image, he sent before to the Silver Dragon Queen. He knew but had to wait for them to find it and the proof without providing direction.

They both knelt before Bahamut, "The other champion is an issue that I have not found a solution for because YOU tied your subject's hands to address it with the damned Treaties. To find a solution that would not violate the Dragon Wars Peace Accord is near impossible for a dragon to do because of that flawed Treaty.

I will say if another race manages to remove that champion from the field, I will match Null's moves and open draconic magic to them. It is not Null's champion but still, those Gods are a pack of assassins working in tandem and kicking your asses right now. Including Half-Dragons.

Human or elven, I would not care if that monstrosity is off the field. That is a fight none of the other races is ready for, yet you work unwittingly to handicap these other races. Your fucking Allies. This Elven champion is a lot more perceptive than you give him credit for and Amy Tryst has seen into his mind.

She knows he is furious at you both. That frustration will drive a rift between you and him. This course you have already set by allowing his father to die to this Vexxor, who is now a lich! Because of fear of being exposed. You had options to do a strike on this wizard.

You shot down every argument to take him out even knowing he had access to draconic magic through an evil dragon deity's effort. You refused to believe her reports until she stuck the information under your nose! Every time she broached the subject and now it is too late.

The proof was not from a pure dragon and not to be believed. Dragon shit! You could have driven him from human lands if need be! You could have killed him with the teleport blocking relic to keep him contained. To stop his escape away from the human Capital.

He was injured, the information came to you from your monitoring their communications and you still did not act! Correction, you acted the coward! I am not putting a champion on the field here again until I see worthy dragons in need of one in this world. The Elven Gods will address the theory of his father.

When they do you will find he will be a more valuable ally than you could imagine. Yet, he will wish never to speak with either of you again. That does not mean he won't, he will be loath to do so unless he has a reason.

Like his son, the neutrals want to train. He will see a better alliance with them rather than you for that reason alone. The Gemstone Dragons had a meeting earlier and they are looking to line up more to support you. You were the last to see this!

They now see how out of balance the Chromatic Dragons are making things. But this is too late of a decision. They want to do this now because of the way this champion's mind works, and because of his psionic son. He will have him coming forward to be trained by them.

Amy, as he calls her, is wiser than the 2 of you together right now. Working to protect secrets and you are setting yourself up to lead them all into destruction if you are not careful. I am not going to tell you what to do here.

I am going to tell you that you have already set the bridge on fire and you will likely reap what you have sown with your allies. I will step back for a while and see if you and your people can start to do better. Quatarsia was a good name for his town.

You have looked at them as inferior. One day they may be all that is left on this world as the dragons will no longer exist because of this cloak and dagger activity. That future is unwritten yet, however, darkness will fall eventually on this world. It always does as it has on countless worlds who fight these same types of battles against necromancy.

Your treaties are flawed, they have been since the beginning and those Champions of the 5th Age told you and the others that they were flawed. As has every Champion since. Yet you have taken no notable action from that divine direction.

Except to enable those who would seek your destruction while you adhere to the treaties they refuse to follow. You were a young King then and a fool. Some things have not changed. It was your bed to make, you have made it. Now you will have to lay upon it for what is to come."

Just as quickly, he departed. The Silver Queen heard in her head from Bahamut, "Strive to do better and I will be in contact with you again. You must make the effort first. You have led many efforts and have been held back. That will change in time and you will have to make the decisions needed when the time comes."

---

One of the advisers, military if he had to guess, looked at Eldar, "You could call her, Your Majesty."

Eldar looked at him, "You are wrong. It would be 'Your Highness' for a princess. You could have been calling me, Your Majesty. I am Duke Eldar Silvertree. The one who had them bring you in and turned down the throne myself."

He nodded but did not like being corrected, "Yes, that makes sense now why she is giving you such latitude and affection."

Eldar looked at him "We both lost our fathers in that attack; we have much in common in that regard."

He nodded and decided it was best to drop the subject. They got to the room and Eldar looked at his men, "Grab a seat, Knights."

They all sat down and the advisers realized just how much they did not know about Eldar.

He pulled out the Crystal, "Lord Regal."

He responded, "Yes Eldar."

He stared at the crystal, "Did Lady Silver Hair fill you in?"

He paused, "Some."

Eldar sighed, "We know he is a lich. We know what his phylactery looks like. We secured several relics he was attempting to take from the vault. We do not know if they are on the list of the treasures yet he is supposed to be bringing that. My guess is the Lich will try to secure and hide his phylactery from us first.

I want to get the Elven Queen on a crystal. I am going to have the Princess who is with me get the Dwarven King. The dagger that was the phylactery looked to be dwarven made. Solid emerald handle with an adamantine blade. I have the relics secured in the ether until I meet with Lady Silver Hair.

At the Human Palace, Eleven Ambassador's office, at the end of day tomorrow and she can take us to where she wants us to bring the items for disposal."

He responded, "Thank you for the update. Keep me aware of any developments on that front."

Eldar put the crystal away and looked at the Princess and she had a Crystal she activated. A gruff voice came over, "Something you need Princess?"

Eldar responded, "King Fire Axe, Duke Eldar Silvertree here. We need you to be secure. Please wait while I get the Elven Queen on my crystal, Your Majesty."

The Queen responded, "Eldar is everything alright?"

Elar sighed, "We need you secure, Your Majesty."

They confirmed they were secure.

Eldar sighed, "Your Majesty, I am in a room with the Princess, her advisers, Knights in my command the Dwarven King on another crystal. The wizard is now a lich. Looks to have been trapped in the royal vault.

We were unable to stop him before he killed 2 guards. We got him to drop several relics to save his phylactery. The question to the Dwarven King the phylactery appears to have been of dwarven make. Solid emerald handle."

The King interrupted, "With an adamantine blade. Yes, it was a wedding gift for my son's wife. She sadly died with him in the deep roads in case you haven't heard."

Eldar smiled, "I had not but if you are wondering where that trinket went you know. Do you know who the craftsman was, Your Majesty?"

He chuckled, "Dead for 2,000 years. A jeweler by trade with the smithing cast. Looked nice but impractical. Especially for the value. Almost half a million gold pieces."

Eldar nodded, "Sounds just like the sort of thing a lich would covet. Especially for use as a phylactery, Your Majesty. Given the material we seized and the fact that he now knows that we know what his phylactery looks like he will spend some time securing and warding it. I would think Queen Goldeagle's planned attendance should still occur. I will still voice my concern for not burning the King's body as a precaution but that is my concern.

I would recommend that all of the best human wizards be brought into this castle to cast wards for teleportation and set up detect undead wards, necromancy protection wards, and anything else the human wizards can think of to bring with them. I would also recommend that the Queen's security detail include at least 12 high-end Battle Mages just in case.

If the Princess has room for us, my Knights, and I, we will stay the night here. I will keep an extra eye on things." The Princess nodded. "I am getting an affirmative nod from the Princess. I would also like to see the Head of the Royal Guard and the Guard Captains change up secure locations for the Princess.

I had them take her to the guard barracks today as the lich would know the other locations. The Guard Captains, head of the Royal guard, court wizard, and the clerics for your relevant churches, to do the wards. Acceptable Princess?"

She looked at Eldar, "Acceptable."

He sighed, "We have a little over half a day to get things ready so we need to get cracking. King Fire Axe, anything you wish to add? You coming or sending a delegation, Your Majesty?"

He grumbled a bit, "We would like to send a delegation but we have no means of getting there in time at this point."

Eldar smiled, "Your Majesty, does our Elven ambassador here know the dwarven Kingdom that he could get and bring back a delegation in the morning for our ally?"

She chuckled, "Yes he would have that knowledge."

Eldar looked at the Crystal, "Your Majesty, if you would like to send a small delegation, we can have our ambassador bring you here. I would not recommend coming yourself at this point as you would not be able to bring the size of security detail you would like."

He grumbled, "I will send my Dwarven Ambassador from the Elven Kingdom to attend in my stead. I believe he would be happy to see you again."

Eldar smiled, "Your Majesty, will you let the Dwarven Ambassador and his bodyguards know that the eleven Kingdom will provide travel for him to King Thornlord's funeral?"

She chuckled "He will be thrilled to hear it. I am sure."

Eldar shook his head and grinned, "That's all I have unless either of you has something for me, Your Majesties?"

"No Eldar." The dwarf grumbled.

The Queen responded, "Thank you for looking after our ally and our collective asses."

Eldar pocketed his crystal as did the Princess. He looked at the advisers, "I know you are all retired Knights, thank you for returning to service for this. The man who was trying to push the Princess out was working with the wizard now lich. He was supposed to be contacted via a sickly-looking brown communication crystal sometime in the next couple of days.

I would like to get that in the hands of our friends in case they can trace back where the other crystal is located. It was in his home center desk drawer. Do we have any chance of recovering it?"

The Princess looked at Eldar, "I will dispatch a couple of guards to that location. The house and grounds are under guard until after the funeral. By rights, you have the right to a portion of the spoils from this man's estate and his conspirators."

Eldar sighed, "I would rather that those funds go to boost your palace defenses to protect from the undead. Bring in more arcane spellcasters to work with your court wizard to prepare any other countermeasures they see fit to ensure your safety. Your reign is in jeopardy until you have your own children of age to follow you."

One of the advisers raises a hand, "You work for Jarron?"

Eldar looked at him, "No, not anymore. I am at a level that Jarron is at. The same level my father was at. I am a regional General with the southern elven, northern human border. I am a Duke with all 3 Kingdoms and the Field Marshal when troops do get deployed to that location. This role is new within the Knights, I am the first.

I am also a Grand Master Blade Singer. My father was Ambassador Silvertree who was buried yesterday. His body turned into ash and planted with the seed of a Silvertree in the House Silvertree Estates.

My wife Charlemagne works with Jarron and me, dealing with the Knight training facility we established. My wife Annette is also a Knight at the same level as Charlemagne, Jarron, and myself. She reports to me. Her work is classified."

One of the advisers looked at Eldar, "How old are you?"

Eldar looked at him, "Older than you, but equivalent to a 19-year-old human. I have the memory that dragons wish they could possess. Like knowing every page and paragraph number of your laws."

The Princess sat there reliving the memory of what Eldar did for her.

"I have helped to kill over 300 of our enemy including the top 3 tiers of the leadership's structure with 4 casualties in my group and 8 with our human general's men on the northern border. Also one civilian dwarven caravan driver. I have the full support of those backing the Knights.

The Elven, Dwarven, and the previous human King. We have eliminated spies and assassins in all 3 Kingdoms and recovered hordes of gear and coin that has benefited all of our allies."

Tranosa looks at Eldar, "You forgot god-touch Knight Champion of Corellon Larethian and activator of Moon Blade relics. Command General of the Gray Blades mercenary company. On speaking terms with two gods including the Lady of Dreams."

Eldar looked at Tranosa, "Thanks. I would not want to forget those."

Annette piped in, "Knight Champion of the Elven People as well. Collector of Blade Singer Rings, and terminator of assassins."

Eldar looked at her, "Thank you, my wife. Needless to say, I have had many labels and names put on me from bastard impure elf, Knight Champion, and Duke. I like to take credit for those things I earned like My Grand Master Blade Singer, Command General of the Gray Blades, father, husband, and pain in Jarron's ass. Those things I earned."

That got a few of them to chuckle. Charlemagne looked at him, "You earned it all. Just some of it was thrust upon you and you stepped up and dealt with it, like a diplomat in your father's absence."

Eldar nodded to her, "Enough of that now. Who is her military adviser?"

He raised a hand. Eldar looked at him, "Before his death, the King was planning to dispatch some Calvary, Battle Clerics, and Battle Mages squads to the northern border, did that transfer get completed? It was not in the brief sent by the Princess and you."

He looked at Eldar, "Everything but the mages so far."

Eldar nodded, "He needs those mages. It is how we have kept the death toll down and we are building fortifications for the pending war."

He looked at Eldar, "Pending?"

Eldar looked at him, "In elven terms yes, we expect to be in a full-blown war in 40 years. We cut the head off the leadership which bought us time to push it back. It would have been 20 or sooner. Considering one of the spies was your northern General who was filing bogus status reports and ordering his men to not engage the enemy.

We have bought time to get those fortifications in place. With a lich out there, and known to us, you should advise all military units to burn the dead immediately. That is already the status in my region. While I am here, I would like to discuss human recruitment into the Gray Blades.

We have a few humans including one who died saving a dwarven trade caravan in the major battle that killed over 200 of our enemies. Your King's journals should have his thoughts on my work. Any other questions?"

The Princess looked at Eldar, "The Dukes are coming to pledge their support to me this evening. Will you attend?"

Eldar nodded, "As you already have my support. My wives and I will attend and my Knights will be our diplomatic escort as I am on diplomatic orders. Now we do need to see those people I mentioned before, Princess."

She nodded, "Let us go back to the throne room."

12