Sisters of the Mists Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

C'seka tasted Danica in both of the females before him. Prudently, he simply observed. Direct action against those associated with the tantalizing — and dangerous — female called Danica had proven painful.

Both females were attractive, sharing the fiery-colored manes of the female, Danica. C'seka's cock stood erect and throbbing, desire mingling with his hunger for their power and their flesh. Their concern for other beings intrigued him, an alien concept to any demon.

Remaining in the background of the other demons attempting to tempt the females, C'seka considered whether this weakness could be exploited.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Devan and Marlena reappeared in Devan's tower, having informed the King of Normandal about the goblin horde assembling on the edge of the country. "I need to go talk to Thakkor. Normandal is an important ally, one of the few that is willing to openly build up their forces with us. I'm sure Thakkor will send help," Devan said.

Marlena gave Devan's hand a final squeeze before releasing it. "I'll call for Danica or Celes to come pick me up. Maybe we can help."

"Danica hates goblins as much as I do, and we'd be fools to refuse help from all of you. Tell my sister I love her, and tell everyone else I said hello. We're going to have to do this again — minus the goblins, of course."

"I'd like that," Marlena responded with a smile.

"Sorry to be rude," Devan said with a wink, and then vanished from the tower.

Marlena called upon her magic, sending her image and voice streaking across the miles to the valley and manor she now called home. When she couldn't locate Danica or Celes immediately, she chose to talk to Andrea and Ashley instead. Both women started a little when Marlena's image appeared next to them in the room. "Are Celes or Danica there? I'm ready to come home, and I have news about a goblin attack — a big one."

"They went to the Forge, but I'll come get you," Andrea said with a little more excitement in her voice than she'd actually intended.

Even the partially transparent image of Marlena showed her confusion. "You'll come get me?"

It was Marlena's turn to start when Andrea suddenly vanished from sight, only to reappear in her peripheral vision. "How?"

Andrea held up her little silvery egg. "Presents from Danica, and I guess they work. You can use them to go anywhere that you know well, or has one of these patterns that you can memorize. I have one for you too, so you can actually take yourself home."

"Why did they go to the Forge?"

"We found a very dangerous demon there. Danica and Celes went to see if they could learn anything about it," Andrea explained as she handed Marlena one of the little teleportation devices.

"Well, let's go home and you can tell me more there." Marlena sighed and added, "We'll have to add goblins to our list of enemies, now."

"It's better than demons," Andrea suggested.

"Not by much," Marlena countered. "How do these work?"

"Just imagine home and press on the little gemstone. One second you're here, and the next you're there. It's wonderful. I'll see you at home." With that, Andrea vanished.

Unable to suppress a smile brought on by the young blonde's exuberance, Marlena activated her egg and vanished as well.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Danica opened her eyes, having just utilized her gift to protect her friends at the Forge. Just before leaving, Danica had received a note from Mara saying that everyone would meet them in a council room at the college of magic on the grounds of the Forge. "I don't know how much it will help, but I know better than to think that any of you will hide from danger."

"Danger would do well to hide from us," Bear declared with a flippant air. The hulking mountain of a man puffed out his chest and continued, "The Companions of the Forge are not to be trifled with."

"I wish Brandon, Cheron, and those two grumpy dwarves were here," Celes said after a little chuckle at Bear's posturing.

Nara glanced at her twin sister, both dark-haired women nodding in agreement. Nara said, "As do we all, I'm sure."

Danica sat down and turned toward the lithe archer, Janelle. "You said that you suspected someone?"

Janelle nodded and answered, "Mache. He arrived here only a short while ago, but he excels even beyond men and women who have trained here for a year or more. There's just something — wrong about him."

"I have watched that one," Terran declared, tousling his dark, shoulder length locks. The wizard sat up straighter in his chair. "I haven't had as much contact with him, but I too find him disconcerting."

"That's as good a place to start as any," Danica said with a tilt of her head and a half shrug. "If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to speak up. We've learned a lot about demons from someone who knows them well, and she believes that the demon could be hiding, attempting to avoid detection."

"So it could be anyone," Venaru interjected. His poised wiry frame and his stern gaze combining to give the impression that he might spring from the chair like an unleashed missile at any moment, though the eastern warrior actually sat quite comfortably in his chair, stroking his cheeks beneath his almond-shaped eyes in thought.

"Not anyone you know well, most likely," Celes said with a shake of her head. "They might be able to look like someone you know, but they're still demons. You'd know by the way they acted that there was something wrong."

"So it could be any recent recruit, or anyone we don't know well," Terran said.

With a little dismissive gesture of her right hand, Danica said, "Or it could be nobody here. When we found the demon, it was actually south of here, near the woods."

Janelle pointed her finger toward Danica and tilted her head back with a little satisfied sound before saying, "Mache's group marched near the woods around the time your note arrived."

"Are you sure your instant dislike for the man might not be associated with his womanizing ways?" Bear asked his wife.

Janelle glared at her husband, who shrank back into his chair away from his slender wife, drawing a chorus of laughter from all in the room. Drawing out the word dramatically in a tone that sounded as though she was speaking with a child, Janelle said, "No."

Speaking words that magically created water within a scrying bowl at the center of the table, Mara asked, "Shall we have a look at this Mache?"

Nods and sounds of agreement prompted Mara to cast her spell. "Unless someone knows where he is, I'll concentrate on large groups at first."

"He should be with his group in the mess hall right now," Janelle responded.

Bear asked, "Have you been keeping track of him?"

"Even before we found out about the demon, I didn't trust him. I know a few of the men in his group well, and they're keeping me informed," Janelle answered.

"I'll begin there, then." Mara passed her hand in front of the scrying bowl, causing the waters within to swirl and glow with magical light. A few seconds later, an overhead view of the mess hall appeared.

"There he is," Janelle said, pointing out a table in the corner of the room where a man sat with four others, shunned by the rest of the warriors in training.

Mara focused in the scrying pool, and Celes saw the man's eyes dart toward the point of the magic. "He knows someone is scrying on him," she pointed out.

"He is rather handsome," Danica observed.

"He's devilishly charming to women and men like those, who follow him around like a litter of puppies," Janelle said and punctuated it with a disgusted snort.

Terran squinted at the image of the man. "I know that expression. I've worn it often enough while seeking out the source of something magical in the air. If everyone knows his face now, I suggest we cease scrying upon the man, as he obviously knows he is being observed."

"Not much we can learn from him shoveling food in his mouth," Celes said with a shrug.

Mara let the magic lapse. "I must concur with Janelle and Terran. There is something peculiar about that man."

"I will see if I can glean information from his thoughts as soon as possible," Nara said, tapping a finger against her forehead.

"Me too," Danica agreed. "Celes might be able to use some kind of witchcraft to find out for sure if he's a demon."

"The rest of us will keep watch," Venaru said.

"We should inform the Commander," Bear suggested.

"Absolutely," Danica agreed.

Janelle said, "His schedule this evening will be too restrictive to allow him much room for mischief."

Venaru stood and said, "I will have opportunity to observe him shortly. His group will seek my knowledge in open-handed fighting shortly after eating."

"You're back to teaching, now?" Janelle asked.

"I was not until a few moments ago. I will inform the Commander, as I must inform him of my readiness to return to my duties."

"I'll go with you," Bear said, "I have a student who shows tremendous promise that I want to talk to him about."

"Mara and I will attempt to seek out demons with our magic," Terran stated.

"Then Janelle can take Celes and me to see her little one," Danica happily declared.

Janelle's stern expression immediately softened into one of a mother about to show off her pride and joy. The three women were soon on their way to Janelle's home.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Catching up the crystal spinning over the map, Ashley shook her head and said, "There are no demons anywhere in the immediate area."

"There are certainly goblins. It reminded me of the hordes in the wood at..." Marlena trailed off, not really wanting to think about the assault on the Forge that she had reluctantly agreed to join in order to counter Zoraster's influence in the area.

"We should concentrate on the demons. Men with swords can counter goblins — they will not fare so well against hellspawn." Seeing the concerned expressions on the faces of Marlena and Andrea, Ashley added, "We'll make sure to tell Devan that she has our help if she needs it."

Andrea turned to Ashley and asked, "Should we scry around the Forge, to see where the demon is now?"

"I don't want to risk active scrying on a demon so powerful, and I hate to use another of the scrying beads right now. We only have a limited number until we can gather up some demon slime from another of Meckataur's host."

Marlena patted Andrea on the hand and said, "Danica and Celes will be fine. They're far more powerful than any of us alone, a terror when they're together, and with friends who've fought at their side before. They won't take any risks, and I'm sure they'll come for the two of you if they plan to attack the demon."

"The three of us," Andrea corrected.

"The two of you are the important ones," Marlena responded with a half smile.

Edna stepped into the lab and said, "Wash up and come along, now. Supper is ready."

All three women turned toward the old witch in surprise.

Edna winked and said, "Mind you, it's soup and this morning's bread, but it was made with loving hands."

"The girls?" Marlena asked.

"Yes, and I'd say they did a fine job for their first try. Now, come along. They're anxious to see what you think, and we should encourage that."

With nods and murmurs of agreement, the three women stood to follow Edna to the dining hall.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

"Aww, he's asleep. Not fair. He's so adorable," Danica said with a sigh.

Janelle smiled, cradling her sleeping son in her arm as she pulled her shirt back over the breast the babe had suckled until he fell asleep.

Bear walked back into the room after answering the door. "It was Nara and Mara. They've learned little to nothing so far. Nara says the man has strong mental defenses. She believes she could defeat them, but she doesn't want to play her hand yet."

Janelle spoke in a quiet voice, to avoid waking her sleeping child. "I doubt we'll learn anything with the recruits bunking down for the night soon. One of the men I trust is on duty during each watch, so we'll know if he leaves in the night."

Danica tore her eyes away from the babe to say, "We'll probably go home for the night, and then return in the morning. I don't think I could sleep well, considering what I know about Zoraster's involvement here."

"Dear, why don't you go to the tavern and buy some wine. Go to Honest John's so that it's drinkable." Turning from her husband to Danica and Celes, Janelle asked, "You can stay for a while to talk and sip a little wine, can't you?"

"Of course," Danica replied.

"I'll return as quickly as possible. Honest John's is a fair walk," Bear declared, and then kissed his wife and son before exiting the room.

"I should go put him to bed," Janelle said, glancing down at her son, and then carefully rising to do so.

Celes turned back from watching Janelle's bottom sway as she exited the room to find Danica smiling at her. "Well, I missed out when we were last together," she explained honestly.

Danica chuckled. "I noticed that you were a little more interested in Janelle's breast than the baby she was nursing at the time, too."

"You can't know what sort of torture it was for me. Janelle, Cheron, Nara, Mara, you..."

"I think I understand a little," Danica sighed.

Scooting over closer, Celes took her friend's hand in her own. "The baby?"

"I accepted that I'd never have children a long time ago, but it still hurts sometimes."

Celes brought Danica's hands to her lips and kissed it. "Aye, I think you do understand."

Janelle returned a minute or so later and asked, "Is everything all right?"

"Just dredging up old pains to entertain ourselves," Danica chuckled.

Janelle sat down on the couch next to Danica, taking the redhead's other hand. "It's so unfair that you can't have children. I know you'd be a wonderful mother."

"I guess you saw it in her eyes, like I did," Celes said.

"Actually, I overheard you. The house isn't that big."

The instant flush of color in Celes' cheeks brought a smile to Danica's lips. It wasn't easy to make her friend blush, and the softness it brought to Celes' expression made her all the more beautiful.

"It must have been so hard for you. We were all so insensitive," Janelle said, reaching over to cover Celes' hand as well.

"You couldn't have known about my curse," Celes said with a shrug.

The image that popped into Janelle's head then caused Danica to suck in a sharp breath and mouth the words, Oh my. She shivered a little as the naughty thoughts continued to race through the lithe archer's head.

Celes saw the flickering flame of desire in Janelle's eyes, which instantly caused her breathing to quicken.

The blonde traced little circles on Celes' hand with her fingertip, an aroused smile turning her lips upward. "We could make up for lost time. I haven't been with another woman since we all went our separate ways."

Danica didn't mouth the words this time. "Oh my," she sighed, feeling the current of sexual energy from the women on either side of her envelop her. Her own arousal bursting into instant flame, she pulled Janelle close to kiss her, and then did the same with Celes. As she and Celes parted lips, Danica tugged both women even closer.

Danica moaned as the two women kissed over her lap. She rubbed her stiff nipples as the blonde and brunette's tongues swirled through an erotic dance before her. When the two women's lips parted, Danica pulled on the tie of Celes' robe, while tugging the tail of Janelle's blouse free from her skirt. She then wiggled her way between them to stand, allowing her two friends to move closer together.

Once again, Celes and Janelle kissed. This time, their hands worked to unhook buttons and remove the cloth barriers between them. Danica assisted whenever necessary, removing her robe and brassiere as well.

Within a pair of minutes, all three women were clad in only their panties. Janelle and Celes sat on their knees on the couch, while Danica stood in front of them letting her hands roam over their bodies.

Celes kissed Janelle's neck, softly suckling the smooth skin, while Janelle stroked her fingers over and squeezed the raven-haired witch's bottom. After an especially loud gasp caused by a tickle of Celes' tongue where the blonde's neck met her shoulder, Janelle's fingers slipped beneath the witch's panties to push them downward.

With Janelle's assistance, Celes wriggled out of her panties and then turned her attention to the cloth hiding the treasure she sought. Janelle slipped her legs over the edge of the couch and stood, allowing her panties to drop to her ankles.

Janelle ran her finger over Danica's panties and said in a sultry whisper, "Off." She then took both women's hands and added, "Bed," with a twitch of her eyebrows.

Following the lithe blonde down the hall, Danica felt that she was surely going to start dripping. Janelle moved with the grace of a dancer, but the subtle shifting of her toned muscles spoke of strength as well. Janelle spun and sat down on the edge of the bed when she reached it, but Celes almost immediately pressed her lips to the blonde's, guiding Janelle down to the bed and tugging her legs up onto the mattress as well.

Celes leaned over Janelle, once again kissing and suckling the blonde's neck. Danica crawled into the bed and found a good position to plant kisses on Janelle's legs and tummy, the mingled scent of womanly arousal hovering around them all almost dizzying.

As she kissed her way down toward Janelle's toes, Danica saw Celes turn her attention to the archer's pert breasts, causing the blonde to writhe beneath them both. Danica let the tip of her tongue flicker over Janelle's toes, drawing a strong shudder and a moan. That moan quickly turned to a gasp when Celes' lips locked around Janelle's nipple.

Kissing her way back up Janelle's other leg after a dance of her tongue over the other set of toes, Danica reached out to slip a finger between Celes' legs. Even the light touch left her fingertip coated in the dark-haired witch's juices, and prompted Celes to release Janelle's nipple with a squealing gasp.

Danica placed a final kiss just above Janelle's knee, the last inch of skin she could reach on that leg without disturbing Celes, and then moved to recline next to the blonde, on the opposite side from Celes. She traced her fingers along Janelle's thighs, tantalizingly close to the blonde's curl-trimmed sex, and then let her finger slip into the wet heat.

"Ohh," Janelle groaned, her hips rising, seeking more of Danica's finger inside of her.

Danica pulled the digit free and scooted up on the bed. Celes paused in her kissing and sucking of Janelle's breast when Danica moved her wet finger close to her friend's lips. Celes sucked the finger clean with a deep moan, and almost immediately placed one of her knees between Janelle's. The blonde parted her legs without hesitation, allowing Celes to move between them.

Celes teasingly kissed and traced her tongue close to where Janelle wanted it, even resisting a tug of the blonde's hand and a plaintive moan. Danica couldn't resist the sight of Janelle's stiff nipples, still glistening with Celes' saliva, and took the nearest one between her lips.

Danica sucked Janelle's nipples, letting her hands roam over the blonde's writhing body as Celes continued her torturous tease. Even without looking, Danica knew the instant that Celes' tongue touched Janelle's wet heat, because the blonde trembled violently and let out a warbling cry of bliss. Danica moaned around the nipple between her lips, giving it a little nip of her teeth for good measure. The taste of mother's milk only further fueled Danica's desire.

Janelle's breathing quickened, hot blasts that stirred Danica's hair as her lips and tongue continued to tease the pebbled tips of the blonde's breasts. Her hand crept between her legs to tease her folds, relieving some of the almost painful need growing there. Danica knew all too well what Janelle was feeling, having never experienced anyone else who knew a woman's needs like Celes did.