Sisters of the Mists Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, we'll fan out in another direction to the witches you know and spread more of the potions," Ashley answered.

Evelyn smiled and nodded. "There's no way we can thank you enough — any of us. See you then, and blessed be."

"Blessed be," the three witches agreed in perfect harmony, their voices blending as one chorus. Celes rolled her eyes and Andrea giggled at the evidence of the bond they shared asserting itself. Waving her hand in a graceful, rising motion, palm upward, Celes summoned up the mists that would take them home.

Her brow furrowed for a moment when the rising cloud shone with a sooty orange glow, then she saw the Jihark emerge from a column of flame, roaring a challenge as it passed through the mists. As soon as the magical vapors curled around its form, the roar changed to one of pain. The demon dropped a knife it held and contorted horribly.

Celes lashed out with her telekinetic power, but the demon had obviously come prepared for her this time. A frigid gale swept across the hellspawn from Andrea's outstretched hands, but the creature seemed to take no note of it until the wind pushed back the mists.

The Jihark's eyes focused on Andrea as its pained yowl suddenly ceased, and it dived for the dropped knife. Celes gestured again, focusing her power not on the demon, but upon the blade.

Once again the demon roared when the knife hurtled away, cutting the creature's palm in the process. Lightning joined the wind as Andrea called upon her other elemental powers, but the demon leapt toward her with claws outstretched.

"Your other power. It hasn't seen it," Ashley shouted.

Her heart pounding with fear for Andrea, Celes squinted and called up her power of teleportation. The Jihark's claws were less than a foot from the wide-eyed blonde witch when it vanished.

Ashley's eyes darted to and fro. "Where is it? Where did you send it?"

Celes shrugged. "I'm not sure. All I was thinking was that I wanted it gone — far away."

A few tense minutes passed, but the demon did not return. Finally, Ashley said, "Did you see how it reacted to the mists?"

Celes nodded. "It acted like it was in pain." A thought occurred to her and she looked in the direction where she'd sent the knife flying. "Does anybody see that knife it had? I think I cut the critter."

Ashley's eyes lit up. "If any blood remains, we may be able to make a vanquishing potion."

Celes stalked off. "Let's find it."

The witches fanned out in the general vicinity of where Celes had hurled the knife with her power. Andrea found it lying in the roots of a tree. "Here it is. There's something black on it."

Ashley took one look and smiled. "We have to get this home now."

Evelyn ran her fingers through her close-cropped hair. "I hope you can manage to vanquish it, and I think you should be careful. It didn't even look at me when it appeared."

Celes considered it and shrugged. "Maybe we irritated it enough to turn its attention to us."

Holding the demon's knife with the blade flat so the drop of black blood couldn't drip away, Ashley said, "Let's show it that was a bad idea."

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

The wind howled across the frozen wastes.

At the very top of the world, a Jihark demon raged on the ice, pained by both a cut of its own knife and something that chilled the creature to its hellish bones. Whatever magic the witch had conjured up had caused it pain — tremendous pain. The drifting vapors had burned like acid, knotting muscles, and cutting it off from its powers.

Once again it tried to summon the fiery gate that would allow it to take revenge upon the witch, and once again it failed. Dropping to all fours with a snarl, the Jihark loped south across the blinding white, claws tearing into ice frozen almost as hard as stone.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Danica slowed, the sun hanging low in the west and the surroundings prompting her to change her mind. "Marlena, why don't we stop here for the night?"

"We're nearly down," Marlena observed, obviously glad that the trip over the mountains was nearly behind her. Then she looked around at the pine-sheltered plateau on which they stood. "It is sort of pretty here, and we're not that high any more."

"We could be in hostile territory as soon as we're out of the mountains," Danica added.

Waving toward the uphill slope, Marlena said, "As long as we put up the tent on that side, so I can't see the edge."

Danica smiled. "That's deeper into the trees and out of the wind anyhow." She reached into her bag of holding for the sculpture that would summon up the magical tent.

Tugging at her robe as the tent sprang into being, Marlena said, "I feel disgusting. I've been sweating so much."

"Go ahead and take a bath. I'll check in with home."

After an enthusiastic nod, Marlena said, "Give them my love," and walked into the tent.

A few words and gestures later, Danica could see the transparent image of her friends — including Edna — gathered around a single table, poring over their four family books. "Busy?"

Celes looked up and nodded. "It's about time. We were starting to get a little worried." A wide grin spread across her face. "The Jihark attacked again, but we got a piece of the critter this time — a drop of blood. We're working on a vanquishing potion and a spell to survive using it."

Shaking her head for a moment, Danica said, "That went by a little fast for me."

"Sorry," Celes apologized. "We have to put a bit of a hop into it, because the potion has to be brewed within a certain amount of time after drawing the blood."

"What do you mean — survive it?" Danica asked with no small amount of concern.

"Only a couple of witches have ever survived vanquishing a Jihark. It was a near thing last time, and it's supposed to be worse when you get rid of one for good, so we're taking steps to make sure that the damn critter is the only one blowing up."

Edna chimed in, "They can write a spell to contain it. Together, they have the power."

Celes snapped her fingers. "Oh, and we found out that the mists hurt demons."

Ashley held up a piece of paper. "I think I have it. Will you take a look at this, Edna?"

"Maybe I should just call back in the morning," Danica suggested in light of how distracted everyone obviously was.

"Are the two of you okay?" Celes asked.

"We're fine. We're over the mountains, and Marlena's taking a bath. She sends her love."

Celes grinned. "Good. Give her ours, and have a bit for yourself." She winked, and then gestured at the table. "Sorry we're a bit frazzled."

"It's okay. I'll call back in the morning. Just don't go after the Jihark without letting us know first. Please?"

"Aye, dearie. Go have your turn in the bath."

Danica waved goodbye and let the magic lapse. Everyone seemed more excited than concerned, but she didn't know if that worried her more or less. Trusting her friends wouldn't do anything rash, she turned toward the tent.

When Danica pulled back the tent flap, Marlena was lying in the tub, lathering her breasts. "So, what did Celes have to say?" the illusionist asked.

Definitely more comfortable in her own skin, Danica thought with equal parts amusement and arousal. "The Jihark attacked again."

Marlena sat up in the tub. "Are they okay?"

"She couldn't talk long, because they managed to get a drop of blood, and they're working on a vanquishing potion."

Marlena breathed a sigh of relief and returned to her washing. "I'm glad they're all right."

Danica turned away from the tub and set her mind to work on the task ahead. They needed to learn more about the people here, and come up with some way to reach the Emperor. More importantly, she had to keep her wandering eyes — and the Awakening — under control. Within the confines of the tent, the effects of the Awakening would take hold quickly.

The second met with a fair degree of success, because Marlena had already stepped out of the tub and wrapped a towel around her before Danica noticed.

"Your turn," Marlena declared as she picked up her bag of holding to find clean clothing.

Danica nodded, and kept her mind turning over possibilities. Taking a bath was always a bit of a sensual experience for her, and the proximity of the beautiful illusionist would only increase that. She undressed, mechanically washed away the grime of the day, and toweled dry. Feeling rather proud of herself, she tucked in the towel wrapped around her, and went to retrieve her clothes.

The sight of Marlena broke the spell.

The illusionist was dressed in a silken shift that barely covered her thighs and clung to her breasts to eye-catching effect. Marlena's nipples tented the cloth, and Danica felt her own stiffening in response.

Taking the couple of steps to her bag, she said, "I think I'll go out and get a little air."

Marlena surprised her by asking, "The Awakening?"

Nodding her head, Danica said, "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I think you worry about that too much. It's not as if it can force someone into bed with you. They already have to feel attracted to you for it to work."

Still digging through her bag and keeping her eyes averted, Danica countered, "But it tears down inhibitions."

"Maybe that's necessary sometimes."

In the process of letting the nightgown she'd selected settle into place, Danica caught Marlena's eye. The illusionist was admiring her body, and making no effort to hide it. Clenching her intimate muscles tight, Danica fought against surging arousal.

Marlena's voice was tinged with desire when she said, "Stay. Please?"

"Marlena..."

"Were you aroused just before we stumbled across the Oni's cave?"

Danica shook her head.

"Well, I was."

Turning to face her friend again, Danica could see the desire in Marlena's eyes. She sucked in a sharp breath as a chill raced up and down her spine.

"I've been feeling that way a lot lately," Marlena explained, "And even more since I stayed with Brandon." She moaned and let her fingers glide over her tummy, patting the bed next to her.

Wetness surging between her legs, Danica sat down and moaned when Marlena immediately sought her lips. The kiss was brief, but hungry, and one of Marlena's hands slipped beneath the hem of Danica's gown as well.

Her voice husky with desire, Marlena continued. "I was telling him about how torturous it was to be turned on all the time, and he started talking about you and me together." She gasped. "I felt like I was on fire. The way he talked about it... How hungry he sounded to see it..."

Danica couldn't hold back any longer, she kissed the illusionist, her hands exploring Marlena's body.

"I wish he was here to watch," Marlena whispered when their lips parted.

"He doesn't have to be here to watch." With that, Danica spoke the first words of a spell.

Recognizing the chant and gestures of the spell, Marlena licked her lips and moaned. When the image of Brandon sitting on his bed appeared, he was staring off into space, wearing a smile, and absently stroking a finger and thumb over a necklace hanging from his neck.

"Oh, you're so sweet," Marlena cooed.

"He can't see us yet."

Marlena grinned and nodded toward Brandon. "I gave him that necklace. I love that he's thinking about me."

"Well, why don't you tell him?" Danica gestured, directing the magic to let him see and hear them.

With a bit of amusement in her voice, Marlena said, "Hello, you dear sweet man."

Brandon jumped up, his gaze snapping to the transparent image of the two redheads. "Marlena? Danica?" He let out a long, slow breath. "I damn ta near pissed myself."

Both women laughed. Danica said, "Sorry. Marlena was feeling a little lonely for you, so I thought I'd help her out."

"You look beautiful," Brandon remarked.

"Is that for me, or both of us?" Marlena asked, running her hand up Danica's thigh at the same time.

Brandon's eyes lit up. "Is that a trick question?"

Marlena shook her head and lifted her eyebrows, the hand on Danica's thigh moving higher.

Danica let out a sharp moan and spoke a few words, using a facet of the spell that she didn't bother with often. The image of Brandon lost its transparency, and it looked as if he was sitting in the tent with them.

The hand creeping up Danica's thigh grabbed the hem of her gown and tugged upward. Letting out a whimper, she lifted her arms, surprised and excited by Marlena's boldness. As soon as her gown dropped to the floor, Danica slid her fingers beneath the hem of Marlena's shift, hooking her thumbs on the outside of the cloth. She let her fingers slide over Marlena's body as she undressed her, and then leaned in for a kiss.

Marlena's hands explored Danica's back and sides as their tongues danced together. Danica ran her fingers through the illusionist's hair, her other hand kneading Marlena's bottom.

Glancing over when she heard a grunt, Danica saw Brandon shift his cock, his eyes intent upon the pair seemingly sitting in front of him.

"Aren't you a little over dressed?" Marlena suggested, her tone more than a little breathless.

Brandon grunted, his grin broadening, and went to work removing his clothes.

Nodding toward the image of her man undressing, Marlena watched with moans of anticipation, tracing kisses over Danica's shoulders and neck at the same time. Danica watched as well, and by the time Brandon was nude, she was writhing from her friend's kisses and caressing hands.

When Brandon reclined on the bed with his cock in hand, Danica looked over at Marlena and said, "You lucky girl."

"Mmm hmm," Marlena responded, and then kissed her hard. She leaned as her tongue explored Danica's mouth, guiding her friend down to the bed.

Having the usually reticent illusionist take charge excited Danica beyond words. Brandon watching added even more spice to her arousal, making her ache to be touched. She lay back, surrendering completely to Marlena's whims.

Marlena kissed her twice more once Danica's back settled to the mattress — quick pecks that spoke strongly of need. The illusionist's tongue next traced the curve of Danica's right ear. Letting out a long moan, Danica swirled her tongue over Marlena's neck and slipped a hand across the illusionist's back.

"No coming until I say so," Marlena said while casting her gaze to Brandon.

Brandon growled. His hand sliding slowly up and down his thick organ, he nodded to indicate that he understood. When Danica tried to slip a hand between her legs, Marlena quickly straddled her and grabbed her arm. "That goes for you, too."

A sharp moan escaped Danica and she whispered, "Meanie."

A crooked grin spread across Marlena's face as she turned her head, leaned down, and kissed Danica's throat. Their breasts pressed together, and the curls on their mounds intermingled. Danica writhed on the bed, seeking closer contact, her fingers kneading the sheets.

Marlena's lips moved to Danica's shoulders — a feather-light touch on each. She then sat up over her knees, wearing a sultry smile, and let her fingertips glide over Danica's tummy in tantalizing little swirls. The caress never quite reached Danica's breasts or mound, though the illusionist's fingers came close enough to make her excited lover ache.

"Mmm. Where's this coming from?" Danica moaned.

Marlena didn't answer, but instead dropped back down onto her hands for another passionate, tongue-wrangling kiss. When their lips parted, the illusionist straightened her arms and rocked back. Looking up into Danica's eyes, she pursed her lips and blew little puffs of air against her friend's nipples. After the second teasing breath, she swooped in with her lips parted, only to veer at the last second from Danica's aching nipples to kiss the swell of her breast instead.

Danica let out a plaintive moan and tried to guide the illusionist toward her nipples. Marlena resisted at first, tickling the firm globes with her tongue, but finally relented with a sweet little moan.

"Damn me," the image of Brandon muttered as he pumped his fist slowly over his hard member.

Shuddering, Danica twined her fingers into Marlena's hair. The gentle suckles and laps of Marlena's tongue sent chills up Danica's spine. To have such a beautiful woman worshiping her breasts was exciting enough, but the unexpected desire Marlena exhibited made it doubly so.

"Oh, Marlena — yes," Danica moaned.

Marlena chuckled, and then released the nipple between her lips to flick her tongue over it in a rapid dance. She didn't neglect its twin, moving to the other breast after a second of Danica panting from the stimulation.

After an aggressive suck of Danica's stiff nipple, Marlena let it pop from her lips and looked at Brandon. "Is it like you imagined?"

"Better," he answered in a husky voice just this side of a whisper.

Still looking at the image of her lover, Marlena began to kiss her way down Danica's body. She paused at the navel to swirl her tongue around the little valley, making Danica writhe in anticipation, and then looked up into her eyes again. Two more kisses brought her to the little patch of auburn curls.

Danica bent her knees, parting her legs in invitation. She was soaking wet, and fully in the grip of the Awakening. The deep, intoxicating scent of her arousal made Marlena gasp. After pushing Danica's knee down to the bed and making sure Brandon had a clear view, Marlena leaned into the fragrant valley of Danica's legs.

A broad swipe of her lover's tongue wetted Danica's nether lips, causing her to arch her back and let out an ah of delight. Several more laps left Danica's folds glistening, each one drawing out a quiet vocalization.

Marlena sucked on her fingers, casting a coquettish glance at Brandon as she did so, and then centered the moistened digits over Danica's folds. She wiggled them back and forth, sliding the redhead's large inner lips over each other and rolling her clit beneath its protective hood at the same time. The moist, squishy sound mingled with Marlena's aroused moan and the slither of Danica undulating on the sheets.

Danica squeezed her breasts, the tips still moist from Marlena's mouth. "Oh, that feels so good."

Marlena increased the pace of her fingers for a moment, drawing a gasp from her lover, and then let the slippery digits glide downward, replacing them with her tongue. After a few wriggling licks, she said, "You taste so sweet."

Two fingers slid into Danica's canal and she whimpered. Marlena's tongue danced over her as the fingers inside her alternately stroked and wiggled back and forth. Danica caressed her breasts and ran her fingers through her hair, enraptured by Marlena's soft, slow attention.

For long blissful minutes, Danica's whole world was Marlena's loving caress. The sensation was ever changing, slowly building Danica's fires. Marlena's slippery tongue, nimble fingers, and suckling lips showed a passion and desire that Danica had never felt from her friend before.

Her passion swelled, and Danica moaned, "Oh, please make me come."

For a few moments, it seemed to her that Marlena would continue to tease, drawing out the need for release that was becoming more desperate by the second. Then, a third finger slipped into her velvety soft canal, and Marlena's lips centered over her clit.

Danica cried out, and then panted loudly for breath as Marlena's fingers built up speed. She suckled Danica's clit, washing her tongue over the swollen bud, making Danica twitch and writhe uncontrollably. Marlena moaned as she felt Danica's canal squeezing tight around her fingers, a prelude of what was to come.

"Oh yes. Make me come. So good," Danica whimpered, and then began to cry out as she neared the edge of sweet oblivion. The sheets pulled free of the bed, caught fast in her clenched fists, and her cries grew louder. The chilly itch in her loins intensified, and then finally coalesced in her clit.