Skaterboi Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I held Val's hand, I'd never felt so strong. He was truly inspirational. "Did you say the same thing to Kat when you sent her to model in Europe?"

"Only because it's all true," Val replied. "What my daughter went through was horrific. No girl, child or human being should ever go through that. And as her father." He swallowed hard, choking back raw emotion. "It cut me to the core. I knew I had two choices. I could either treat her like a victim; fight to be by her side and comfort her like the little doll she was. Or I could release her into the world and teach her to fight for her own destiny."

"But to do that, you had to belive in her strength."

"Exactly."

And, in the process, learn wisdom. That was something I could use a little dose of. "How do you feel about getting a wheelchair? You wouldn't have to use it all the time, just for safety."

"That's fine." Val repositioned his arm but his good leg remained in its open position."I could use the rest."

"You're stuck, aren't you?" I couldn't help but laugh, even though I honestly hoped he was not in too much pain.

"Well, after what you did to my leg," Val said with a laugh. He took a breath and moved his hand to his stiff hip joint, slowing moving his leg back into a normal position.

For a moment, he didn't even seem sick.

But he was sick. The greatest man I'd ever known was dying and I couldn't save him.

12