Ski Trip: Skies Optional

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We hiked the half mile through drifted snow, following the tracks of our children, made a few hours before. The hard walking made me loose some of the anger which had been brewing inside me since discovering Janie had lied to me. Finding her safe was my only objective. Nancy was breathing hard but there was little I could do to assist her, being weighted down like a pack mule.

Stumbling our way, falling and cursing, we made our way through the thick woods, guided only by the dim light of my flash light. Coming to a clearing, we saw a thin stream of smoke making its way into the dark sky. Nancy grabbed my arm for support, gasping for air, she gave me a brief hug before turning back toward the cabin. I felt a snow flake hit my cheek, then another.

The fire was smoldering but no heat was being generated from it. Remains of a late supper cluttered the floor in front of the fireplace. A small radio lay next to an empty coke can. Stubs of two candles were on the mantle. I lit one of the candles and turned off my flashlight, wanting to conserve the batteries. Off the large room were two doors to other rooms, both closed. The only sound was the flicker of the candle.

Nancy took my flashlight and opened one of the doors. Turning to me and pointing to the open door, she nodded to me before closing it. She went to the other door and soon returned.

“They’ve got all the blankets,” she whispered, a forlorn look on her face.

“There’s no wood to burn?” I asked her.

“We didn’t prepare for this, it looks like he’s been trying to burn green wood, ” she shrugged.

I tried to get Helen on the phone but couldn’t get a dial tone. I turned the phone to off, telling myself that I must conserve the battery.

Nancy offered me half of a sandwich from her overnight bag. We drank a cup of hot chocolate and tried to decide what to do. It was nearing 2:00 a.m. We decided to get some rest and wait until morning, thinking that the situation and what to do about it would be brighter in the light of day. The question at hand was how do we go about getting some rest. Looking around the room I did not see a single piece of furniture that looked comfortable.

“Come with me,” Nancy said, leading me by the hand to the bedroom. “We’ll put your coat and my coat over us. Our body heat will help.”

There was one thin blanket over the sheets on the bed. Nancy spread my coat on the blanket and covered it with her own. We took off our boots. I offered her one of my spare pairs of socks which she gladly accepted.

“Please turn the other way,” she said. I did, shivering as I removed my pants, leaving my socks and flannel shirt on.

“I loosed my bra so it won’t bind me if I get to sleep. But don’t get any ideas,” she laughed as she dived under the makeshift covers.

“I should have thought to do that,” she said, upon seeing my long johns.

“This should help,” I said, throwing my pants on top of the two coats.

It felt strange, crawling into bed with the mother of my daughter’s boyfriend, a woman I had met under very tense and trying conditions, only a few hours before. The sheets were like ice, making me shiver as I felt Nancy’s back snuggle up to me.

“Well?” she said as if she was speaking to one of her fifth graders, “aren’t you going to put your arm around me?”

Clumsily and unintended, my hand landed a little high, briefly.

“Oops, sorry,” I said, lowering my hand to the area of her tummy.

“I won’t hold it against you,” she giggled. Then turning, our lips touched.

“Now lets get some sleep, goodnight,” she said, covering my hand with hers.

“Goodnight,” I said, hoping she couldn’t feel my stiffness against her butt.

“Nat?”

“Yes?”

“If I wasn’t so pissed at my son, if circumstances were different......”

“I know,” I answered, shivering, feeling only the warmth of her hand on mine.

“Eeeeek! Eeeeek!”

Without opening my eyes I knew that Janie had discovered us. It was the same sound she had made in early childhood when a boy put a frog down the front of her dress.

Nancy jumped from the bed and I followed, more shocked by the cold floor than my daughters discovery that her father was in bed with a strange woman. This triggered something. Strange woman, Janie had lied to me about going to the Borden home at Christmas time. Nancy was a stranger to her. Infuriated, I put on my pants and looked for my boots.

For the next half hour we tiptoed around one another, formulating strategy for the plan of attack. Fully clothed and freezing, we circled one another like wolves scouting a flock of sheep.

Janie was furious with me. According to her I had betrayed our trust, I was treating her like a child and I had invaded her privacy. Try as I might, I could not make her understand how she had let her mother and me down by lying to us twice. Nor was she embarrassed that I had found her in bed with Eric.

“Shouldn’t you be embarrassed, considering how I found you this morning?”

My explanation that we were just trading body heat fell on deaf ears.

Nancy was speaking with Eric in the kitchen while trying to prepare breakfast from the meager food stocks.

Janie and I traded barbs in the great room where I was trying to build a fire, having broke a rickety chair into pieces.

“Call your mother,” I ordered, handing her my cell phone.

“I can’t, it’s to early, I would wake her,” she said.

“Janie, she’s been up all night, I assure you, you won’t wake her.”

Of course she couldn’t get a dial tone. Things had not changed since the night before. “Go outside, maybe you can pick up a signal out there,” I said, not knowing if the phone would work. I just wanted to get her out of my sight for a few minutes so I could think.

Fully dressed with boots, snow pants, parka and armed with all four cell phones, Janie got to the door before exclaiming, “ It snowed!”

Met at the doorway by a wall of snow, we couldn’t get outside. And, snow was still falling.

“Breakfast is served,” Nancy announced, adding that we may as well have something to eat while we decided what could be done.

We shared two slices of fried bologna, a banana and a can of peaches, all portioned out to the nearest gram. Nancy gave us each two soda crackers, carefully resealing the cracker box without revealing how many crackers were left. She had reheated the coffee I had brought in the thermos.

Forgotten was the disappointment with our children which Nancy and I shared. The four of us huddled around the burning chair in the fireplace, eating slowly, making our plans as how to dig our way to the road and the four wheel drive SUV.

I cursed myself for not bringing the shovel that I always keep in my truck.

Eric went to the kitchen and retrieved a large pan that was used to boil water for bathing and washing clothes. “We can use this as a shovel,” he said.

We used the first pans of snow to fill the bathtub for water to be used to flush the toilet. I wondered if it would melt.

Eric and I took turns with the pan, shoveling a path to the road. After an hour we had cleared a distance of ten feet, one person wide. Janie came outside to try her luck with the phones. She and Eric put allot of effort into getting past one another in the narrow path, taking their sweet time trading places, deciding to trade again.

I went inside for a break. The fire in the fireplace had died down, Nancy was searching the cupboards for canned goods. Our kids had brought very little to eat, planning to go into town when they got hungry. “Or live on love,” Nancy said sarcastically.

“It hasn’t been that long, you haven’t forgotten those days when you lived on love, have you?” I asked her.

“Ah, those were the days,” she said dreamily.

“It shouldn’t take us more that two days to dig our way to the road,” I said, immediately wishing I hadn’t.

Janie came inside, unable to make any of the phones work.

Eric and I worked all day, panning the path. As we got away from the cabin, where drifts were the highest, we were able to increase our pace. Nancy and Janie came out to help, using buckets to widen the path. By the end of the day we were more that half way to the road. But there were still pockets where drifting would make our job more difficult.

We heated snow water to clean ourselves up. I used Janie’s tooth paste and Eric offered me the use of his razor. Feeling refreshed, I looked around our frigid surroundings and silently wished there was a way Janie could contact her mother to let her know she was okay.

Nancy picked out two more chairs for me to burn. We sat in front of a blazing fire, all dressed in boots and heavy jackets, feasting on soda crackers and drinking very weak hot tea. There was a jovial mood among us, knowing that by the end of the next day we would reach the road, where civilization awaited us only a few miles away.

“What I wouldn’t give for a steak right now, medium rare,” I said.

“I could go for that, a big juicy one with another one on the side,” Eric trumped me.

“A nice hot shower and a clean warm bed,” Janie offered.

“Right now, I would settle for some more furniture to burn,” Nancy said dryly.

Janie tuned the radio to a station playing music and invited Eric to dance. I sat watching them, being young, carefree. I wondered how I would square things with Janie. For now, we were at peace with one another but there was the matter of trust, she had lied to me. In her mind I had overstepped my bounds by coming to get her. We were at an impasse.

Nancy tapped me on the shoulder. I got to my feet and we danced. Janie and Eric made fun of us, calling us old folks who didn’t know the steps. They were right. It was still fun, holding Nancy, feeling her move with me, against me. As the fire burned down we danced, dreamily, in our boots.

Eric begin to yawn, Janie took it up. I knew what they were up to. Working in the cool air all day had made us all tired. Getting to bed so late the night before had taken its toll on me. I yawned.

Eric brought up the subject to me. “Are you going to sleep with my mother again?”

I looked at Nancy, seeking her reaction to the question.

“We could all four sleep together in the same bed, would that suit you?” she suggested.

“Oh no,” Eric said laughing, looking to Janie who, though embraced, laughed along with him.

“Give us some of the blankets from your bed, we won’t have to sleep so close,” Nancy challenged.

“I guess we can spare one of them,” Janie offered.

“Make it two, you can throw your coats on top of the bed, that’s what we did last night.”

The deal was struck and I kept my mouth shut, having wanted to tell my daughter that if she wore some clothes to bed that would help. She had been wearing a long T-shirt that morning when she found us in bed together.

There was no pretension when Nancy ordered me to turn the other way. We had spread the two blankets on the bed, topped by our coats. When I turned back, she was standing by the side of the bed, wearing the sweat shirt and corduroys.

“Those should help out,” she said, pointing to her sweater and bra on top of our coats. I threw my pants on the bed and jumped in with her.

We lay on our backs, staring into the dark cold air, trying to become accustomed to the cold sheets. I felt her hand touch mine, entwining our fingers.

“I haven’t slept with anyone in a long time,” I heard her say, cautiously.

“What did you call last night?” I asked, knowing that was not what she meant.

“You know what I mean,” she whispered. I squeezed her hand to confirm that I knew.

“I don’t know,” I said, “I’m a little rusty.”

“You know what they say about a rusty gate, don’t you?”

“No, what do they say?”

“Swing it open and shut a few times and the rust goes away.”

“A little oil does wonders,” I said, turning my body her way.

“Oil is good,” she whispered, turning to meet me.

Her lips quivered when I kissed her, opening to my gentle nudge. I rolled her on her back and she clung to me, moving her tongue with mine.

The skin under her sweat shirt was warm, quivering to my touch. I stoked her side and back, my hand open and moving slowly, tracing every inch. Her lips quivered with excitement, like a spasm, like quick sand, pulling me under.

“Ohhh,” she gasp as I touched her breast, still clinging to me, lips quivering.

“That’s nice,” she encouraged me and I felt the nipple grow as I gently rolled it between two fingers.

“It’s too cold for that,” she said when I tried to stick my head under her sweat shirt to take her nipples into my mouth. Contentedly, I kissed her, making her tongue a target while squeezing her breasts and rolling her nipples between my fingers.

I felt her hand on my cock, first just rubbing it through my long johns, then finding the way inside and encasing me.

The corduroys made swishing sounds as she wiggled out of them. The panties followed. I could feel the heat from her thighs. “Ahhhh,” she uttered when my hand made the slightest contact with her pussy. Then, to reassure me, her hand covered mine, holding it there, saying, “yes, that’s nice.”

The aroma from her arousal flooded my nostrils. Excitedly, she attempted to pull my long johns down, making my cock ache when it got tangled up in the opening. I raised up and jerked them down, matching her excitement.

“It’s too cold for that,” she said when I lowered my head to her stomach, kissing my way to her crotch. Contentedly, I rubbed her wetness, inserting one finger, making her moan when my thumb made contact with her clit. She stroked my cock, pulling me to her.

I hovered above her, letting her move my cock up and down her inflamed slit. “No hurry,” I assured her as she wiggled me in and around her sensitive lips.

When she was ready she moved one hand to my back while pointing me to the right spot. Three short thrusts and we were joined but I could tell that the excitement had taxed her energy. I remained still, pecking her chin and cheeks with little kisses.

When she brought her lips to mine I resumed the short thrusts, easing in and out, slowly, leisurely enjoying our union. Holding her legs open wide with both hands, Nancy invited me to thrust deeper. For the first time that day, I was actually warm. She let her legs go and clutched me to her, mumbling something about how good it felt to have me inside her. “Is it too cold for this?” I whispered in her ear, knowing the answer.

“It’s..... just..... right.....swing......that.....gate,” she whispered back, laboring to breath between words. I placed my arms behind her knees to support her legs. Thrusting deep now I heard the bed springs squeak. I felt her teeth bite down on my shoulder as her hand pinched my neck. Feeling her shudder under me, I measured five long thrusts, dropping her legs and halting deep within her, waiting seconds for the release. Spurt, shudder, spurt....., shudder, followed by one last discharge.

Our bodies shuddered together. Breathing haltingly, Nancy held me to her, finding my lips. Her lips quivered. My balls felt slick with dampness and my heart beat rapidly, sending blood pounding to my head.

We laughed when we discovered the coats had fallen from the bed. Nancy found a towel to clean us up. We rearranged the blankets and put the coats back on the bed. We put her slacks my long john bottoms back on.

“That was fun, not bad for a rusty gate,” Nancy mused as she lay next to me, rubbing the bite mark she had made on my shoulder. “I wonder if they heard us.”

“Not bad indeed, who cares if they heard us?”

“Janie’s wish, a hot shower and a clean warm bed, that’s what I would like. With

you in it, naked of course.”

“We can arrange that,” I said, “if we get out of here tomorrow. How about staying at my place tomorrow night? Hot shower, clean warm bed, we can sleep naked.”

“Oh, that’s tempting but I have to work the next day. Give me a rain check?”

We both jumped when we heard the racket from the other room. Un-mistakenly, it was Janie’s voice, shrieking but barely audible above the squeak of bedsprings, “YES.....YES.....Yeeeeeeessss.....,” followed by silence, then a few minutes later, voices, soft murmurs, in the cold dark night.

We heard it again as daybreak came, no mistake about it, bedsprings were squeaking in the next room. Nancy stirred as if she was ready to hit the cold floor. I clutched her to me, rubbing her back with both hands. She went still. My hands went under her sweat shirt, feeling the smooth skin on her back. I pulled the shirt up as far as I could. She raised her body and smiled down at me, lifting her arms for the shirt to be removed. She hovered above me as I tested the weight of her tits, seeing them for the first time. She tugged at my top and I raised my body so she could pull it over my head. She ran her hands through my chest hair, smiling, her tits dangling for my pleasure.

Sounds from the next room were becoming louder, more pronounced. Knowing what we were about to do, her pants and my long john bottoms came off quickly and we were naked, except for our socks. It was too cold in the room to stay without clothes for long. Nancy swung one leg over my waist and brought my cock to her pussy. Supporting herself with one hand on my chest, she rubbed me up and down her slit, watching me, total concentration on her face.

She almost brought me off with the contact. I placed my hands on her sides to help support her. With a look of determination, she lowered herself to me, taking three tries to become fully impaled. Smiling down at me with a look of accomplishment on her face, my only thought, ‘how beautiful she is.’

As Nancy begin to move her tits moved with her. When she speeded up our coats tumbled to the floor and I no longer felt the cold that I somehow knew was still there. She leaned forward, suspending her ass so I could pump into her. I moved my hands to her tits to support her as I thrust upward, feeling the warmth being generated by my efforts.

Nancy took over again, throwing her head back like a cowgirl taming a bronco, her hands clutching the mane, my chest hair, each time she lifted her butt.

We took turns with the work, her bouncing on my hardness and then giving me the reins, so to speak, to push myself off the bed and into her warm soft wet cunt. She bit her lip, signaling that she was close. I took her hips in my hands and pumped upward, fast and hard, causing her to fall on me. “Don’t stop, don’t stop, ahhhh, don’t ever...,” her words sounding like she was coughing up gravel that had been lodged deep within her throat.

Our bodies shook together for a minute, until the cool air brought us out of the spell. All was quiet in the cabin.

After a cup of weak hot tea and two crackers each, Nancy later admitted that she had reused two tea bags, we resumed our work. We worked quickly, with purpose and amused ourselves with talk of our favorite food. We had demolished the large pan and had to resort to using a bucket to shovel.

Eric was up ahead when Janie sidled up to me in the narrow path. “Dad, I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you the truth, I want you to know that it was wrong. I’m sorry I caused you and mom to worry about me, can you ever forgive me?”

What could I say? I hugged her and said, “tap you feet, honey, your mother will kill me if I let your toes freeze.”

Digging through one last drift we were able to see the cars.

Nancy went back to lock the cabin, whispering to me as she slide into the passenger’s seat, “did you see my panties anyplace?”

“I didn’t take them, honest,” I offered.

When we got out on the road Janie was able to speak with her mother, somehow convincing her that all was well. She shrieked when Nancy gave her the news. My ex-wife was considering marriage.

We stopped at a pancake restaurant and ordered breakfast, then lunch.

“Next weekend, we’ll dig out your car, I’ll bring a shovel,” I suggested to Eric.