Slave Unbound Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His look was instantly stone again, shifting effortlessly and perfectly from the almost paternal aspect to that of an iron-clad will. "Make the mistake of trying to escape before that, though, and I will allow you first-hand experience at just what Crusher is capable of and just how deep his depravity can reach." His eyes bore into her like sharp blades. "Your use to me might motivate me to help you avoid careless mistakes, but nothing will ever make me overlook open defiance."

She peered at him cautiously. "I understand, Master." She said softly, a sense of real fear creeping into her. For all her arrogance and confidence in her own ability to survive, she was starting to think she was so far out of her depth here that she might should begin turning to prayer for a miracle. "I apologize for--"

"No apologies, Trinka." Donovan replied quickly, his manner once again softening to a calm suggestion of fatherly amusement. "I expect nothing less of you. I have done some research on you as a blade for hire and gotten to know a bit more about your history. You are not someone who is often caught without a good exit strategy, which continually makes me wonder how you ended up in taking the original job. I can't imagine that Cornelius was persuasive enough to talk someone so careful into accepting to be put in such a precarious situation."

Trinka frowned, feeling inwardly embarrassed at the circumstances that had forced her into the deal. "As I said before, he caught me at a point where I was desperate and that desperation made me stupid." That was honestly just another detail that she was going to have to address once she was free of this place. She'd inadvertently found herself owing a lot of money to the sorts of people that you don't want to owe anything to. Venge had offered her quite a lot for the job, enough to clear that debt.

If Solivier was true to his word, not only releasing her, but giving her the agreed upon payment that Venge had promised, the situation would be fairly easy to resolve. Of course, if those she owed were not aware that she'd wound up in the arena to begin with, they might well assume she tried to duck them for the last couple of weeks. That might mean they increased her debt to them or planned to simply make an example of her.

"Even so, I'm surprised you still didn't take the time to prepare better." Donovan replied evenly.

"I actually tried, but the Grand Arena isn't a place that is easily manipulated or maneuvered." She said flatly. "It was against my better judgement, but I didn't have a choice."

"Since you owed thirty coren to 'Butcher' Hacksel." Donovan said, as conversationally as talking about the chance of rain.

She stared at him in complete shock. "You really did do your research. Less than five people know about that, including Hacksel and myself."

"Well, I wouldn't worry too much about it, anymore." Donovan said, his tone still as casual as a mid-day tea. "The 'Butcher' is currently in one of the Grand Arena's holding cells for Municipal Execution. He was sentenced to die in the arena and that is who Crusher will next be facing."

Trinka's jaw fell open. "Wha-- How? Are you... Crusher?!" She stammered, her brain reeling too fast for her mouth to fully express any complete thought.

Donovan gave a chuckle. "Consider it a bit of luck, slave. Now watch what Hacksel is about to face." He gestured to where Crusher had taken up a large sword and was about to begin his practice with it.

The expertise and prowess that Crusher had with the weapon, his speed and sheer power, was impressive enough. However, it was nothing compared to the absolute focus and precision he maintained as he went through his various forms and styles. If not for the utter threat that Hacksel posed to her, she might pity him. Regardless, Trinka decided that she would, indeed, take the time to say prayers that night. If only to pray to whichever gods might be listening that she never found herself facing the Monster of House Warforger.

12